Page 130 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Getting rid of Criscito already?
    You really want to count on a 35-36 year old player in MLS to give you 30+ games a season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You really want to count on a 35-36 year old player in MLS to give you 30+ games a season?
    Seems like we just need some backup for him then, which Petrasso can provide. We signed him on a TAM deal, so it’s pretty unlikely we’re bringing in a starter quality player at LB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Bob has spoken several times about being cautious with players so there aren’t negative long term impacts. If JMR is really just about to be sold, then cautiousness seems warranted.
    Reality check time. The only thing JMR has shown us is that his agent knows somebody at the Guardian. I do not believe there is a $10M deal for him anytime soon.

I would love for him to prove me wrong, naturally
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Reality check time. The only thing JMR has shown us is that his agent knows somebody at the Guardian. I do not believe there is a $10M deal for him anytime soon.

Could be that it’s all bullshit. Maybe not though?
    He has shown some flashes, maybe keeping it to flashes is how it needs to be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    You are leaving out his injury time golazo from the top of the box to beat Croatia

this would be amazing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We were the worst team in the middle. Then we won two (actually 1, the other was the Canadian Championship against Montreal) Now we’re the worst again. Doesn’t scream a trajectory of improvement.

seems more like regression then improvement.

some of the win's were lucky- i do recall a game TFC won 2-1 but should have lost like 5-2 LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Is anyone else concerned that by this time next year we could be looking for a new mid field 3 if Oso doesn't comeback, MB's continued decline and this little note in the MAK transaction "Colorado will receive $350,000 in 2022 GAM, $425,000 in 2023 GAM and $250,000 in either 2023 or 2024 GAM depending on Kaye's roster status in 2023"

what concerns me is that manning is treating Osorio the same way he treated, Seba,Jozy and Bradley.

2 out of 3 didnt appreciate playing out on 1 year left as this isnt the football standard- Manning clearly wanted to enforce the north american way of playing out the 1 year

with regards to osorio - seems like he is on his way out- even if he does get re-signed -he may feel disrespected by not being signed already, IMO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It is a high bar but I don’t think we should accept less. Insigne isn’t going to be better in three years time. the DP’s are built to win now and should be doing as much. Iron out the kinks this season.

I view the supporters shield as nice to have but a false economy. I bet the average person on here would struggle to name the winners in the last 3 years. Some teams transparently don’t give a rats ass about their regular season results. There’s no relegation fear at the bottom. Schedules are unbalanced. This is primarily a cup-driven league.

I’ll accept Champions League Finals in place of MLS cup finals but otherwise not looking for any excuses. We’re spending more on and off the field than everyone else and basically through the end of this coming offseason the preceding 18 months will have been almost entirely about planning for future success.

Next year is time for Manning and Bob to step up or get out. If they wanted more rope they should have rebuilt faster. Nobody should be watching multiple years of suck for one almost top of table finish and a mid round playoff exit. Not on our budget.
    Love this comment, this is how every supporter should think,Well said Sir

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Italians come from a football culture where the stars take out the manager if they are unhappy for a month.

We will either have MB (if it works) or have Ancelotti (if it doesn't) here as the mister by 2024.
    As it should be with this team as we are dropping over a 100 million on two DPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I would have used Shaff for sure. I understand he wouldn't beat LI for that spot so I get the FB attempt but he should have had more chances. JMR I am still scared of getting hurt. When he went down a week ago I thought he was finished for the year again. I don't really mind taking it slow with him.
    Shaff is a featherweight.... when he came on vs Montreal, Piette was knocking him off the ball and to the ground every chance he got.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on comment looks to me like JMRIs the typical American/Canadian footballer track guy run fast and long all day but average skill and very low football IQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Spot on comment looks to me like JMRIs the typical American/Canadian footballer track guy run fast and long all day but average skill and very low football IQ
    yup those typical american/canadian footballer track guys are in the world cup and a certain country not for 8 yrs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    yup those typical american/canadian footballer track guys are in the world cup and a certain country not for 8 yrs
    Agreed. There are an absolute ton of amazing young Canadians, spend any time on the Voyageurs site, there are probably 50 guys who look like they could compete for spots in 2026.... but...

Most of them are in Europe, not in MLS, and with Priso's departure, I don't think a single TFC player is realistically in the 2026 picture, currently.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. There are an absolute ton of amazing young Canadians, spend any time on the Voyageurs site, there are probably 50 guys who look like they could compete for spots in 2026.... but...

Most of them are in Europe, not in MLS, and with Priso's departure, I don't think a single TFC player is realistically in the 2026 picture, currently.
    im not too bullish on some of the young crop in europe right now some of them looked really average in the u 20s a month ago,but they are young and things can change jus like things can change for the young guys here,franklin from tfc 2 was one of better players from canada,but has not signed with the big club for some reason.
    hopefully some of the duel nats in europe will choose canada
    Last edited by reggie; 07-21-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    what concerns me is that manning is treating Osorio the same way he treated, Seba,Jozy and Bradley.

2 out of 3 didnt appreciate playing out on 1 year left as this isnt the football standard- Manning clearly wanted to enforce the north american way of playing out the 1 year

with regards to osorio - seems like he is on his way out- even if he does get re-signed -he may feel disrespected by not being signed already, IMO.
    I think Oso being unsigned is where Oso probably wants to be.

He can explore moves abroad or maybe even find a competitive MLS team that will pay him cash to play as an actual #10. I can imagine he moves on regardless of the terms offered, unless they wise up and give him the armband.

Things that I think Oso finds attractive beyond pay:
    1. Playing in a Top 6/7 League in Europe or Top Tier South American/Mexican club
    2. Playing where he believes he should as a #10
    3. Captaincy at TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

He can explore moves abroad or maybe even find a competitive MLS team that will pay him cash to play as an actual #10. I can imagine he moves on regardless of the terms offered, unless they wise up and give him the armband.

1. Playing in a Top 6/7 League in Europe or Top Tier South American/Mexican club
    3. Captaincy at TFC
    He should definitely be the next captain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea but if Oso is betting on himself, it would make sense to me and I am rooting for him.

Guys can make huge jumps based on WC performances. Even 30 year olds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea but if Oso is betting on himself, it would make sense to me and I am rooting for him.

Yup and it's not like he couldn't find great suitors in MLS either. No loss to him in exploring free agency plus leverage on the club because they'll be scrambling if they lose him next season.

Btw I want Oso to secure the bag but I think anything above 1.2m a year or longer than 3 years is an overpay.

My expectation is that Manning either loses Oso or overpays to keep him. Both are bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

3. Captaincy at TFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    He should definitely be the next captain.

I know it wont be the best for TFC but I want Osorio to go and play at a higher level.

He put in a lot of time for us at TFC, consistently got better, and should be given the opportunity to play his last few prime years in another league, I don't want a hometown boy given the Dero treatment.

I think he would be fantastic in any top 4 Liga MX team, EU might be to late for him, perhaps he could do well in SA too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup and it's not like he couldn't find great suitors in MLS either. No loss to him in exploring free agency plus leverage on the club because they'll be scrambling if they lose him next season.

Btw I want Oso to secure the bag but I think anything above 1.2m a year or longer than 3 years is an overpay.

My expectation is that Manning either loses Oso or overpays to keep him. Both are bad.
    I know I am a bit hyped up about the WC, but I expect Oso to be bigger than Matthews after Qatar, and yeah, he would then get paid stupid money.

This is strictly a marketing comment: can you imagine if he had a big WC but then left? I can’t. It honestly may be on Bob's mind as he considers that third DP slot.

All very hypothetical. My point is, there is a huge range of outcomes. He could get, what 2-3M if he had a big WC? There are also scenarios where Oso takes a pay cut next year.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-21-2022 at 02:04 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I am a bit hyped up about the WC, but I expect Oso to be bigger than Matthews after Qatar, and yeah, he would then get paid stupid money.

This is strictly a marketing comment: can you imagine if he had a big WC but then left? I can’t. It honestly may be on Bob's mind as he considers that third DP slot.
    There's no chance oso takes the 3rd dp slot, sorry.

You don't spend 100 mill over 4 years on 2 spots to fill the 3rd one with a 30/31 year old mls vet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

You don't spend 100 mill over 4 years on 2 spots to fill the 3rd one with a 30/31 year old mls vet
    Ya Oso is a Max TAM player. not a DP. His level of skill doesn't justify the tag.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

I’m at work and sprayed my lap top with tea when I read the Oso as a DP comment, Leeds you really are the voice of reason on this site.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it many times but Osorio's max here is $1.5M & the captain's armband. Anything more than that is an anchor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed with the thoughts above.

And I really like the guy and he’s been the one consistent performer this season. But he always plays better in his contract year and otherwise I think a TAM deal is fair.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Yeah shout Italians we should give the 100 million that is going to Berna and Insigne and give it to Oso and MAK because they are going to the World Cup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Yeah shout Italians we should give the 100 million that is going to Berna and Insigne and give it to Oso and MAK because they are going to the World Cup
    No we should just give all the money to whoever Mancini invites to Italy's pre-tournament selection camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    No we should just give all the money to whoever Mancini invites to Italy's pre-tournament selection camp.
    Well, it would have to be their lineups for friendlies against teams actually in the World Cup wouldn't it?
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-21-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All very hypothetical. My point is, there is a huge range of outcomes. He could get, what 2-3M if he had a big WC? There are also scenarios where Oso takes a pay cut next year.

Oso bigger than Matthews? The first 60 goal scorer in a decade....bigger than that?....LOL. I might be laughing well into the night on this one.

Oso is the current heart and sole of TFC and should be kept....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highly agree.

Two great performances or one unbelievable performance plus a goal would put him to at least a max TAM or low end DP. I think the issue is that the kind of club to give him DP cash would be like a Vancouver that likes to be cheap and not sure that Oso is that desperate to give up a chance to contend.

I can't see Oso taking a paycut to less than 800k unless he gets like a 4 year deal or has the chance to move to a club like Boca/River/Sporting or La Liga or something.