Page 110 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I have been crying out for defensive endorsements as much as anyone but if you sign Belotti I think you can half throw defence out the window.

Too skilled, too strong, too fast for MLS defences to handle. He’d pot 20 a year. And I know that’s not a normal number for MLS but he’d do it.

You don’t need as much defence if the other team just hides in their 18 yard box the whole game
    The thing is JJ is halfway there and that's with Poz only...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very much behind the idea of signing a defensive stud at this point, but I'd make an exception for Belotti. He's so well-suited for MLS that I'd give him all-time great potential, as long as last season's injury trouble was an anomaly. And his workman-like attitude would make him an instant fan favourite.
    Last edited by Bobo; 07-14-2022 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    The thing is JJ is halfway there and that's with Poz only...
    No disrespect to JJ but there is a monstrous gap between him at Belotti and what that means to the team on the field in terms of possibilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think JJ can fit in well with the value MLS striker. Buksa was only on $1.1 (Jesus is on 900k), and I think Jesus can compare well to Buksa with high quality wingers. But if a guy like Belotti is willing to come to TFC, I think you have to say yes and then figure out the rest later.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I s2g if it's Belotti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the face of TFC’s new signing as he exits the arrivals area and wonders WTF happened to his luggage.
    Lmao!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have that bad feeling in their gut that we’re not getting any new defence anytime soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Does anyone have that bad feeling in their gut that we’re not getting any new defence anytime soon
    Bradley acknowledged how thin the team is at CB during his last postgame presser. Does that mean we’re getting a new CB? 🤷🏼

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if there is regret within the organization that they let Auro Jr go, along with Lawrence. They'd be better than what we have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    I wonder if there is regret within the organization that they let Auro Jr go, along with Lawrence. They'd be better than what we have now.
    IIRC, supposedly Lawrence would frequently skip practice and was preoccupied with running his business on the side as opposed to dedicated to the team. If true, I don’t blame the team for its decision.

The Auro thing is baffling though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t we just recall him from loan, having him on the right and Criscito on the left would be solid. He is still relatively young, he must have really pissed someone off or they really thought they needed to showcase JMR. Just admit the mistake and repair it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Can’t we just recall him from loan, having him on the right and Criscito on the left would be solid. He is still relatively young, he must have really pissed someone off or they really thought they needed to showcase JMR. Just admit the mistake and repair it.
    Probably depends on the term of the loan if we can recall him.

If we wanted to get rid of him so badly, I'm still so unsure why we loaned him out, rather than trading him within MLS. He must of had some GAM value. $400k GAM or whatever would have been better than nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any rooster teases on social media today?

(Belotti's nickname is Il Gallo, which he embraces with his ridiculous goal celebration.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a video Singh did with Sharman the other day, he said he now thinks TFC will wait until the off-season for the next DP. Basically said TFC will want to spread out the buzz worthy signings to keep momentum/interest levels high. Makes sense to me especially since we might miss the playoffs and they’ll need to rally against something to keep TFC top of mind.

With that said, I hope it’s a striker. JJ hasn’t looked as good lately and he can also play on the wing so he’ll be a perfect depth piece across the entire front line and still get solid minutes. Ayo is over hyped in my opinion and I’m not ready to rely on him for much other than sub minutes.

As for Auro, he befriended Soteldo and apparently they got up to shenanigans when we were based in Florida. He definitely did something to warrant getting booted so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope of a meaningful return.
    Last edited by Stress; 07-15-2022 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver just traded for Julian Gressel. Always thought he'd be decent at TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For now, I am changing my mantra...
    From...
    L'ATTACCO FA PARTITE, LA DIFESA DA CAMPIONATI!
    To...
    L'ATTACCO FA PARTITE, LA DIFESA NON HO E NON SO!

I got that sinking feeling the Belotti / Balotelli pursuits have legs.
    It may very well be Run&Gun at TFC for the immediate future.
    Have to admit though, that spectacle would be fun.
    Belotti would be the pragmatic selection of the two.
    But, boy oh boy, Super Mario would be something to witness in person.
    He seems to be able to still average about a goal for every other appearance.
    If his attitude has changed or can be checked somehow or kept in check,
    Then I would be ready for some as SDD suggests 'Are you not entertained!?!' action.

If it is Belotti or Balotelli, then yes, Akinola is leverage for any follow-up trade.
    JJ would be the second striker and is versatile enough to play left or right wing in case of injury or rotational rest.
    IIRC, there are about three CB DP's in MLS; Zimmerman, Martins and Hadebe.
    A trade for Zimmerman would have been welcomed by me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, supposedly Lawrence would frequently skip practice and was preoccupied with running his business on the side as opposed to dedicated to the team. If true, I don’t blame the team for its decision.

The Auro thing is baffling though.
    Didn't know that about Lawrence, makes sense then. But Auro Jr... Yeah it was odd. I do remember him being one of the players BB supposedly didn't think was committed, but they really shot themselves in the foot. Don't understand why they haven't recalled the loan.

Adding to this: if we win the CC they'd better fill out that back line asap before CCL starts.
    Last edited by dave343; 07-15-2022 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Adding to

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    In a video Singh did with Sharman the other day, he said he now thinks TFC will wait until the off-season for the next DP. Basically said TFC will want to spread out the buzz worthy signings to keep momentum/interest levels high. Makes sense to me especially since we might miss the playoffs and they’ll need to rally against something to keep TFC top of mind.

With that said, I hope it’s a striker. JJ hasn’t looked as good lately and he can also play on the wing so he’ll be a perfect depth piece across the entire front line and still get solid minutes. Ayo is over hyped in my opinion and I’m not ready to rely on him for much other than sub minutes.

As for Auro, he befriended Soteldo and apparently they got up to shenanigans when we were based in Florida. He definitely did something to warrant getting booted so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope of a meaningful return.
    Manuel veth who has decent sources seems to think otherwise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Julian Gressel was available for less XAM than MAK and we weren’t in on that? You’re kidding me right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    So Julian Gressel was available for less XAM than MAK and we weren’t in on that? You’re kidding me right?
    We don't play with a rwb, wouldn't gave made sense, unless you think he should be playing ahead of bernardeschi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    We don't play with a rwb, wouldn't gave made sense, unless you think he should be playing ahead of bernardeschi
    Plays RB as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 900k for rb is a waste of money… give me the midfielder all day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind having at least one fullback who can push forward. Gressel would be great in that position. Push Bernardeschi inside a bit when Gressel is making runs (like Liverpool does with Trent and Salah).
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-15-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manuel veth who has decent sources seems to think otherwise
    Yeah, it’s Veth vs. Singh, I will take the latter 10x / 10

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it’s Veth vs. Singh, I will take the latter 10x / 10
    I bet it'll all be about opportunity.

They're OK to wait, but if a stud becomes available now they'll act

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever since Veth didn’t understand that other MLS teams couldn’t sign Akinola as a free agent this off season, I’ve been a bit hesitant to trust anything he says.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Gressel is an assist machine from RB/RWB. one of best crossers in MLS, not just from FB

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/julian-gressel/stats/
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    $900k in funny money though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been there for a couple years now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

bro at this point its easier to accept- there is no real strategy.

Could have used:

Lawrence (younger players could have learned)
    Auro (younger players could have learned)
    Poz - could have played another game- he was only introduced at the last Miami game- not saying he would help keep the game scoreless- not having F.B. signed already

these ones are the ones they easily could have managed better instead of being so abrasive about Bob's way.

Could have salvaged points.

I still cannot understand in Manning's eyes how he can justify 40% increase in tickets when output and performance doesn't even reflect.

I personally think manning gets ahead of himself, says things like poz was done deal -when it wasnt- cost TFC more, or saying transformational changes happening and on the first day nothing happened- where it made it seem like they had players already and lined up.

i know most are excited but man oh man, on field performance is a reflection of management from the top. if management isnt good the team wont be good.

Even the coach I feel like Bob is similar to Dwayne Casey and TFC needs to find their nick nurse- to put everyone in a position to succeed and always being flexible.