Page 118 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 5723
  1. #3511
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Brate, when is enough though for him? I think the "plan" to play with no real outside full backs from the start of the season was not only suicidal but a fireable offense. It simply is gross negligence. And it makes me question ANY decision he makes from now on.

    And one oither thing..we continue to lose, continue to get overun in the midfield and yet again, Mikey Bradley doesn't come off. Ever.

    Of note, last year under Perez, its no coincidence that when he hooked Mikey and put on Priso we played some of our best football the past 2 years. No matter how mad Mikey was, Perez did what was the best for the team and put it first. Bob can't/wont do that, family first for coach dad. And we got rid of Mikey's competition and never look to buy his replacemement. So he'll keep playing and will so also day 1 next year. Legs be gone and all.

    Anyways, what can you do. We are stuck. I'll still fork over my money to watch this crap unfortunately jsut for the game day experiences with my son, but this is demoralizing to watch us lose game after game and play so scared like we did last night.
    Okay you fire BB, what then? Who do you bring in? Look at the difficulty TFC has had in finding a coach since Vanney left. The length of time to sign and the amount of money paid to the new DP'S leads me to believe that Toronto is NOT an attractive destination for either players or coaches. BB may be the best available coach for what we are willing to pay.

  2. #3512
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All this criticism of Manning is completely wrong
    Manning is a business genius in my opinion
    cutting auro Lawrence and Marky saved tfc $1.5M USD this year
    Bmo attendance has not really changed
    it’s not about winning per say. It’s about maximizing profit
    salcedo out
    pozuelo out
    huge money saving moves
    three Italians in. Huge revenue increasing move
    there might be 30k at Bmo on sat if they both start
    Last edited by stevep; 07-17-2022 at 09:37 AM.

  3. #3513
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    All this criticism of Manning is completely wrong
    Manning is a business genius in my opinion
    cutting auro Lawrence and Marky saved tfc $1.5M USD this year
    Bmo attendance has not really changed
    it’s not about winning per say. It’s about maximizing profit
    salcedo out
    pozuelo out
    huge money saving moves
    three Italians in. Huge revenue increasing move
    there might be 30k at Bmo on sat if they both start
    We're paying Jozy $4M to play for someone else. We're apparently paying a large part of Kemar's salary and potentially Auro's too. We spent a $5M transfer fee on Soteldo and then lost him for half a season of Salcedo. We made Insigne the highest paid player in MLS ever and doubled what anyone else was offering to Berna. TFC is losing tons of money and 30k in the stands doesn't change that.

  4. #3514
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    18,229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reminder this thread is about roster changes...


  5. #3515
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Reminder this thread is about roster changes...
    And still no defensive changes.

  6. #3516
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    All this criticism of Manning is completely wrong
    Manning is a business genius in my opinion
    cutting auro Lawrence and Marky saved tfc $1.5M USD this year
    Bmo attendance has not really changed
    it’s not about winning per say. It’s about maximizing profit
    salcedo out
    pozuelo out
    huge money saving moves
    three Italians in. Huge revenue increasing move
    there might be 30k at Bmo on sat if they both start
    Toronto FC may be the genuinely top money pit in all of sports across the continent. You can accuse management of many many things but trying to turn a profit isn't one. This team has absolutely set money on fire throughout its existence

  7. #3517
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,048
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Toronto FC may be the genuinely top money pit in all of sports across the continent. You can accuse management of many many things but trying to turn a profit isn't one. This team has absolutely set money on fire throughout its existence
    Co-signed.

    We have always been the barely/never noticed child of older, busy rich parents, who lives in the second home they rarely visit. The parents never seem to care that the people that look after us are spending a fortune on splashy parties, trendy clothing, Lamborghinis, and they keep renovating and tearing down what they just built….
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  8. #3518
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Okay you fire BB, what then? Who do you bring in? Look at the difficulty TFC has had in finding a coach since Vanney left. The length of time to sign and the amount of money paid to the new DP'S leads me to believe that Toronto is NOT an attractive destination for either players or coaches. BB may be the best available coach for what we are willing to pay.
    I don't know but it has to be someone better than this. We are willing to be the highest payroll in the league but not have the best coaches to work with the players. So its not the money...its clueless leadership at the top like with Manning...its one mistake after another.

    I'd like bb gone and his son right out the door with him. I don't want the bradleys around this club anymore.

    For the right price anywhere is an attractive destination. Other things being equal, take away LA and Miami for the weather as everyone's preferred destination, everywhere else is basically the same and Toronto is huge market so has that in its favor at least.

    Bottom line for me, no more clueless Americans running the ship here. Bring in some Euro or South American coaches, and lets get back to winning. With the highest payroll in the league, we shouldn't be this crap and this often. We aren't even competitive, its embarrassing.

    And has anyone done less with more than Manning?

  9. #3519
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    And still no defensive changes.
    Am stunned we are not getting a CB. And a RB.

  10. #3520
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    We're paying Jozy $4M to play for someone else. We're apparently paying a large part of Kemar's salary and potentially Auro's too. We spent a $5M transfer fee on Soteldo and then lost him for half a season of Salcedo. We made Insigne the highest paid player in MLS ever and doubled what anyone else was offering to Berna. TFC is losing tons of money and 30k in the stands doesn't change that.
    Correction. MLSE is loosing $, but they are the last ones to care. See Phil Kessel & Grichuk, the latter I know is Jays but since they own over 35% of MLSE I'll include them. Anyways, money is nothing to MLSE.

  11. #3521
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Sure, apologize if I have made a transgression of board etiquette.
    Paraphrasing the quote...

    <Tweeter>
    I have never been a fan of his, but as a man a true champion...


    <Federico>
    A chapter of life has concluded.
    This city, these colors, have accompanied my path as an athlete, as a man and as a father!

    A five-year journey made up of unforgettable victories and painful defeats,
    which ends with the awareness of choosing change as
    moment of professional and personal evolution.
    The criticisms were a stimulus, the applause a pride!
    I leave Turin, my home.

    I leave Juventus, a family.

    With gratitude and respect.

    Thank you all!

    By the way...
    Postoji nešto što se zove google translate.
    Nije teško, probaj nekad.
    Thanks I see what you mean by class...
    Ali nisam htio trošiti deset minuta na upisivanje teksta sa slike, pametnjakoviću

  12. #3522
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bez has not exactly been a world beater at Columbus.

    He seems to be getting their DPs right but they can't seem to get their defence right.

  13. #3523
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Thanks I see what you mean by class...
    Ali nisam htio trošiti deset minuta na upisivanje teksta sa slike, pametnjakoviću
    Sve je dobro prijatelju, rado ću s bocom plavca nazdraviti.
    Polako.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-17-2022 at 01:13 PM.

  14. #3524
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Sve je dobro prijatelju, rado ću s bocom plavca nazdraviti.
    Polako.
    blue wine?

    Like, Romulan?

  15. #3525
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Has there been a concrete list of players they are actively looking at or hinted to be looking at in this window, except the Belotti rumors. Including any CB's if any.

  16. #3526
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    blue wine?

    Like, Romulan?
    Woops! My Universal Translator is malfunctioning. Sorry!
    Not so far off.
    Meant Plavac (Mali), classic type of wine / grape from region.
    It is a red.

    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-17-2022 at 02:31 PM.

  17. #3527
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    Has there been a concrete list of players they are actively looking at or hinted to be looking at in this window, except the Belotti rumors. Including any CB's if any.
    Not really. There is a rogue Rodrigo Nestor rumor out there and the potential of trading Ayo for a CB within MLS.

  18. #3528
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    Has there been a concrete list of players they are actively looking at or hinted to be looking at in this window, except the Belotti rumors. Including any CB's if any.
    I would like to kindly add to this question.
    Is there a list out there of potential MLS Y23 "free agents'?
    Also is the Bosman Ruling somehow relevant to MLS?
    I understand that MLS's business structure complicates or shields the matter from PA v. Ownership perspectives.
    Are BB or BM able to engage such players? Come to some sort of arrangement or pre-contract agreement?

  19. #3529
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We’ve been slowly peeling off the bandaid since Seba and Victor left, until finally we just ripped the damn thing off during this past offseason. There was a desperate need for a culture change which required a clean sweep of the roster and trimming all the fat. I don’t think there was anyone who wouldn’t have said at the beginning of the season that making the playoffs this year was highly unlikely, and this is what that looks like. Michael Bradley isn’t the root of all of our problems.

    Lorenzo Insigne, Federico Bernardeschi, Domenico Criscito, Mark Anthony Kaye….. lol my lord.

    Two massive signings who have yet to even touch the pitch, and you’re in here calling for the brand new manager/sporting director to be sacked? It was always going to take multiple transfer windows to acquire all of the pieces and playoffs were always unlikely this year. Some of you need to chill tf out.

  20. #3530
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Karpf View Post
    We’ve been slowly peeling off the bandaid since Seba and Victor left, until finally we just ripped the damn thing off during this past offseason. There was a desperate need for a culture change which required a clean sweep of the roster and trimming all the fat. I don’t think there was anyone who wouldn’t have said at the beginning of the season that making the playoffs this year was highly unlikely, and this is what that looks like. Michael Bradley isn’t the root of all of our problems.

    Lorenzo Insigne, Federico Bernardeschi, Domenico Criscito, Mark Anthony Kaye….. lol my lord.

    Two massive signings who have yet to even touch the pitch, and you’re in here calling for the brand new manager/sporting director to be sacked? It was always going to take multiple transfer windows to acquire all of the pieces and playoffs were always unlikely this year. Some of you need to chill tf out.
    I know your right.
    Still, I want it all. And I want it <right> now!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MStoUfrsCig


  21. #3531
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Danforth
    Posts
    657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the post Karpf! Couldn’t have said it better myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Karpf View Post
    We’ve been slowly peeling off the bandaid since Seba and Victor left, until finally we just ripped the damn thing off during this past offseason. There was a desperate need for a culture change which required a clean sweep of the roster and trimming all the fat. I don’t think there was anyone who wouldn’t have said at the beginning of the season that making the playoffs this year was highly unlikely, and this is what that looks like. Michael Bradley isn’t the root of all of our problems.

    Lorenzo Insigne, Federico Bernardeschi, Domenico Criscito, Mark Anthony Kaye….. lol my lord.

    Two massive signings who have yet to even touch the pitch, and you’re in here calling for the brand new manager/sporting director to be sacked? It was always going to take multiple transfer windows to acquire all of the pieces and playoffs were always unlikely this year. Some of you need to chill tf out.

  22. #3532
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    Has there been a concrete list of players they are actively looking at or hinted to be looking at in this window, except the Belotti rumors. Including any CB's if any.
    Something floated around about trading Ayo for Blackmon with Vancouver. Blackmon was on LAFC as a rookie when old man Bobby was there...

  23. #3533
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Everything is pointing to #FinallyMario with Swiss club Sion.

    But... these guys are friends...

    https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/status/1487419397950087178

  24. #3534
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No agent provided floating about a potential signing is odd...almost like they just started getting serious a week ago about this signing...oh wait...it was only a week ago they could get serious about this 3rd DP signing.



    Dare I say it....2 weeks?

  25. #3535
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Still, if it is going to be a FRWD DP then I would not mind a RPB Banner stating...

    "Benvenuti E Forza... Mimmo, Lorenziello, Fede, Mario E Marc' Antonio!"

  26. #3536
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Am stunned we are not getting a CB. And a RB.
    It just doesn’t make sense. It’s the most needed position

  27. #3537
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Manning is the prototypical snake oil salesman from the 1800's wild west. Talks a great game, takes your money after selling you garbage and then is gone onto his next town/victim...lol

    As for the college coach bradley, his "system" led him to disasterous stints like in Swansea where he was canned after only 85 days, the shortest stint of any manager in pl history. He got hired only because of the American owners and the fans seen enough right away and he was gone but the damage was done with the horrible record (goals against brutal there like it was here).

    He got canned from high payroll LA as well after leading them to missing the playoffs. He alo led Egypt to missing the WC....his stints everywhere have ended up in failure either being fired or the presser friendly "parted ways amicably" and "bob is pursuing other opportunities and we we wish him well". He simply is not a good coach. And even worse as a "sporting director" calling the shots. He has no tactical abiltiy and his "system" is rigid and inflexible. He is an ego maniac and cant' adapt in game ever.

    He talks a good game though. Tactically inept though as each game he is out managed time after time.

    And quick note, his subs cost us vs San Jose...so what does he do last night? We are losing and his disasterous subs vs San Jose on his mind I guess freezing him into inacivity...and us in despoerate need of even a point and a man up....and he waits until the 89th mintute to make subs. I kid you not.

    The experiment with bob has to end now. He leaves a path of destruction everywhere he manages and to make matters worse this time, his son is on the team and everyone no doubt walks around on egg shells with Mikey reporting any transgression (real or perceived) to dad.

    Come on mlse, for once, do the right thing. Stop the bleeding and lets get back on track to our rightful throne at the top of the mls.
    I don’t think you were paying any attention if that’s your synopsis of that situation at Swansea.

    Bob has Mo on speed dial. Anyone that can say that has the benefit of the doubt for me.
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-17-2022 at 05:32 PM.

  28. #3538
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We badly need a RB in the ilk of Auro Jr. Someone who has pace, runs the side well. Can jump into the rush when needed, but also run back and make the solid tackle when its needed.

  29. #3539
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    We badly need a RB in the ilk of Auro Jr. Someone who has pace, runs the side well. Can jump into the rush when needed, but also run back and make the solid tackle when its needed.
    That's not the ilk of Auro.

  30. #3540
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That's not the ilk of Auro.
    Yeah agreed. I actually think he was okay defensively but he was useless going forward, strictly a reasonably effective fullback or an ineffective DM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •