Page 161 of 193 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,830 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listening to the post game presser with Richie,

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...-august-6-2022

Move all about minutes before the WC

He had options in Europe for the loan

He enjoyed Forest & was professional about it

He has heard the talk of him being upset & rubbished it

By the sounds of that, he ain't staying past June 2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I assumed from the get go it was only about WC minutes, which is good for our playoff push, but puts us back to square one next year. They should offer him a max tam next year, but if Richie has his heart still set on Europe then he's going unfortunately.
    At least Manning and Co have some time now to fortify the back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    I assumed from the get go it was only about WC minutes, which is good for our playoff push, but puts us back to square one next year. They should offer him a max tam next year, but if Richie has his heart still set on Europe then he's going unfortunately.
    Indeed and he knows 100% that we will be playing with 3 or 4 or CMNT members. I remember his attacking but to be honest i didn’t remember his calmness and fluidity. I thought he just took pressure off the whole team. Should give man of the match to the right side.

Also thought much improved by Nelson, but this team is even better with MAK, hope he is available for Portland.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure how you listened to the same thing and came to that conclusion, i thought the opposite.

he was talking about his european experience as a thing he's done and is in the books.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Indeed and he knows 100% that we will be playing with 3 or 4 or CMNT members. I remember his attacking but to be honest i didn’t remember his calmness and fluidity. I thought he just took pressure off the whole team. Should give man of the match to the right side.
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    not sure how you listened to the same thing and came to that conclusion, i thought the opposite.

he was talking about his european experience as a thing he's done and is in the books.
    ...and I heard a player who is favouring Europe but keeping his options open.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colleagues: We are about 1-5 years from "favouring" Europe to MLS !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perruzza and Chung in the lineup for TFC2 today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post

Also thought much improved by Nelson, but this team is even better with MAK, hope he is available for Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    ...and I heard a player who is favouring Europe but keeping his options open.
    You may be right Oldtimer.
    Though I sensed it was more 'favoured' than 'favouring'.
    He was oddly fidgety during the interview; touched he face quite a lot.
    Perhaps a sign of discomfort or stress.
    Even looked off camera during the questioning; with a nervous or confirming smile.
    To someone? For reassurance?
    Or like a question was expected; with answer practiced and canned?
    I thought his posturing was polite and political.
    Default positioning towards keeping his options open yet wants to and will be staying.
    I heard a player being awkwardly diplomatic for likely a host of reasons.
    Returning TFC's solid in kind.
    Trying to minimize or contain potential contract and value issues that might be encountered later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I hear the phrase "playing in Europe" I just roll my eyes. Playing in Europe can mean anything from Real Madrid to a 2nd division team in Norway. If you are an elite player in North America of course you would pursue an opportunity to play for a Champions League club in one of the big 5 leagues. But what if you aren't at that level. What if the only option is a bottom of the table club like Watford for example? You will never contend for the Premiership. You will never play Champions League or Europa League. Unlikely you will play in the FA Cup. You will just be fighting to avoid relegation / obtain promotion, year after year. If your other option is to play for a top MLS club and compete for MLS Cup, Supporters Shield and Concacaf CL, and the money is comparable, MLS might be the better option.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So....incoming podcast point this week will be "Of the 3 TFCII phenoms Bob Bradley is making a mistake with by not bringing them up to the senior team, which is the worst decision?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So....incoming podcast point this week will be "Of the 3 TFCII phenoms Bob Bradley is making a mistake with by not bringing them up to the senior team, which is the worst decision?"
    "I can see all of these guys being signed by Liverpool, Man City, Bayern or Real Madrid within the next two years."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    really,what is the point of pissing on these guys.
    They're making fun of the messaging, not the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from the jokes about Singh always overhyping TFCII, has anyone watched their games this year?

I watched a bunch of games from USL1 last year, but couldn't get into watching the MLSNP games with the camera angles that made the players look like ants because the camera was so far away. Any insights into any potential prospects (or if camera angles have improved at least)
    Last edited by rydermike; 08-07-2022 at 11:11 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Aside from the jokes about Singh always overhyping TFCII, has anyone watched their games this year?

I watched a bunch of games from USL1 last year, but couldn't get into watching the MLSNP games with the camera angles that made the players look like ants because the camera was so far away. Any insights into any potential prospects (or if camera angles have improved at least)
    I was at the match on Sunday night, have attended three matches so far up at York in addition to one at BMO. Hugo has been impressive when I have seen him in action. Not sure who will be the next TFC II graduate signed to the first team, guess it will really depend on what they want and who they think is ready for such a role. You have to think Kobe Franklin will be in that conversation. I also really think Luka Gavran will find himself in the GK conversation come next year.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy TFCII is doing well.

I believe in playing the kids & that giving developing youth minutes with the senior team is important.

I'd rather have a Canadian youth as a backup then a journeyman US player.

&

I am extremely jaded by our local journo corps after many of them made every Canadian player since Kyle Bekker into an unwanted potential star who if they only got the minutes their obvious talent deserves would be the key to unlocking an MLS cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy TFCII is doing well.

I believe in playing the kids & that giving developing youth minutes with the senior team is important.

I'd rather have a Canadian youth as a backup then a journeyman US player.

&

I am extremely jaded by our local journo corps after many of them made every Canadian player since Kyle Bekker into an unwanted potential star who if they only got the minutes their obvious talent deserves would be the key to unlocking an MLS cup.
    Fair and agree with most except third statement.
    There is room for both types of footballers.
    2 even 3 solid journeymen or utility like players on the squad should be intangible; updated DeLeon-esque MLS versions?
    Perhaps Latif Blessing multi-positional like? Or even a MLS non-DP Bouanga like?
    Between them, two thirds of the LAFC pitch slot positions may be depth covered.
    An argument may be made Bernardeschi, given his Juve utility experience, is technically a DP one for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    An argument may be made Bernardeschi, given his Juve utility experience, is technically a DP one for us.
    If we want him happy, we’ll leave it at technically. He gave a long interview where he saw his Juve experience was not as successful as it could have been because they moved him from position to position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If we want him happy, we’ll leave it at technically. He gave a long interview where he saw his Juve experience was not as successful as it could have been because they moved him from position to position.
    Oh... I am aware of his sentiments... and mos-def !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't link it, but sharing for the LOLs. The other Forbes is now saying Belotti doesn't get along with Insigne and he wanted to get paid more than Insigne to come to TFC which was "never going to happen." If it was never going to happen why was he saying it was going to for months?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 'roster building' curiosity.
    Seeking some knowledge/clarification.

MLS Summer Transfer Window is closed; as of 04AUG22?
    Except to 'Free Agents'; until 04SEP22?
    Is that exception only to 'Free Agents' as of 04AUG22?
    If so...
    Is it possible for a Footballer-European currently under contract,
    To 'mutually terminate' with the consideration and consent of his Club,
    Then be 'Free' to still sign with an MLS team; so long as before end of 04SEP22?
    Or is such a workaround already dealt with by MLS Rules & Regulations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 'roster building' curiosity.
    Seeking some knowledge/clarification.

MLS Summer Transfer Window is closed; as of 04AUG22?
    Except to 'Free Agents'; until 04SEP22?
    Is that exception only to 'Free Agents' as of 04AUG22?
    If so...
    Is it possible for a Footballer-European currently under contract,
    To 'mutually terminate' with the consideration and consent of his Club,
    Then be 'Free' to still sign with an MLS team; so long as before end of 04SEP22?
    Or is such a workaround already dealt with by MLS Rules & Regulations?
    Nope, they have to be free agents before the window closes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I won't link it, but sharing for the LOLs. The other Forbes is now saying Belotti doesn't get along with Insigne and he wanted to get paid more than Insigne to come to TFC which was "never going to happen." If it was never going to happen why was he saying it was going to for months?
    If actually true its better he's not here.

I found Belotti frustrating at the Euros as an Italy fan.

By all accounts, he's going to be a #3 striker at Roma it looks like. Behind Dybala / Abraham. Guess he will start in the Coppa Italia games maybe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    he also keeps repeating the report that belotti is going to make 3 mill at roma compared to "10 mill than tfc offered".

apart from fact these are unverified, italy reports net salaries and MLS is gross, 3 mill euro net is about 6.1 M USD gross...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the new DP isn’t a #9. I’ve never liked the idea of DP strikers in MLS because it usually means if they go down, you’re shit out of luck for scoring.

I really really like having Ayo/JJ as a tandem even though they aren’t super productive right now. Both offer different things and shown they can score in this league.

Jorginho is available on a pre-contract in January, though, and that would be just wow. Especially if Oso moves on, which I wouldn’t be surprised at.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I hope the new DP isn’t a #9. I’ve never liked the idea of DP strikers in MLS because it usually means if they go down, you’re shit out of luck for scoring.

I really really like having Ayo/JJ as a tandem even though they aren’t super productive right now. Both offer different things and shown they can score in this league.

Jorginho is available on a pre-contract in January, though, and that would be just wow. Especially if Oso moves on, which I wouldn’t be surprised at.
    if we had a DP 9 on the level of insigne and berna, that would basically mean our attack was incredibly deadly even if 1 of those guys went down (and borderline unstoppable if none re down).

i think they'll be assessing through the rest of the year, but it's pretty clear that ayo/ jesus are not on the same level tactically or technically as the rest of the attack, which is problematic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we had a DP 9 on the level of insigne and berna, that would basically mean our attack was incredibly deadly even if 1 of those guys went down (and borderline unstoppable if none re down).

i think they'll be assessing through the rest of the year, but it's pretty clear that ayo/ jesus are not on the same level tactically or technically as the rest of the attack, which is problematic.
    Realities of MLS though, right?

If we’re already good for scoring as is, a DP midfielder might be a better shout is kind of what I’m getting at.

Regardless, on paper the XI is looking good.

MacNaughton has been a revelation the last month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Nope, they have to be free agents before the window closes.
    Sorry, just to clarify further my understanding of which window...
    You mean, they then have to be 'free' before the 'primary' window of 04AUG22 closes/closed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, just to clarify further my understanding of which window...
    You mean, they then have to be 'free' before the 'primary' window of 04AUG22 closes/closed?
    Yes, that is my understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Yes, that is my understanding.
    Thanks KB. ⚽
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-08-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks KB. ⚽
    È Piacere Mio! (Hope that’s right, lol)