Page 128 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That free agent list has given me a lot of hope we can re-work the defense in a meaningful way in the winter window without needing to use the DP spot on a CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    MLS free agents for the end of the season have been released: https://mlsplayers.org/news/2023-fre...t-list-release

On TFC's side of things, Bono and Oso are both out of contract. We have options on Mavinga and Auro. I think this means we have Bradley for another season then.
    So I've been thinking a lot about the news of Bradley not being a free agent. Back in 2019, the deal was two years plus an option. This means that TFC decided to exercise their option on Bradley early and didn't announce it. This reminds me of TFC apparently exercising an option on Jozy early. It's just unnecessary and ends up handcuffing the team's flexibility. https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/repor...adley-tam-deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder why we didn't go in for Julian Gressel? It's not
    like we couldn't have used an offensive-minded wingback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think TFC blew that money on MAK instead…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't use wingbacks and he doesn't play in a back four as far as I know.

Rwb/rm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Bradley’s contract expired this year? Why isn’t he on the free agents list? Are we going to be on the hook for another 1.5m year for him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I thought Bradley’s contract expired this year? Why isn’t he on the free agents list? Are we going to be on the hook for another 1.5m year for him?
    Good chance. Bob quite literally loves Michael since he is his son.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, he's out of contract for sure.

Maybe some obscure details of his contracts make him ineligible for free agency.

I reckon he signs a 2 year extension at like 150k or something, cheyrou style.

Or 1 year plus club option.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-building isn't just building up, it's tearing down and we have to accept that Curtis and Armas did some very VERY long lasting damage to this club, on the pitch, in the front office, in the board room, on the staff. We'll have to eat a LOT of L's in order to fix some mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was reported that we had an option on him for 2023. I’m wondering if we exercised it early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    We don't use wingbacks and he doesn't play in a back four as far as I know.

Rwb/rm
    We’ve played a 3-4-1-2 or variants thereof three times this season. We don’t play it MUCH, but we do use fullbacks as wingbacks occasionally.

But maybe it’s never going to be common enough to go that route, I can see that. Does work well for gegenpress, though, which is basically what we’re badly doing. Allows quick reversion to the low block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone else concerned that by this time next year we could be looking for a new mid field 3 if Oso doesn't comeback, MB's continued decline and this little note in the MAK transaction "Colorado will receive $350,000 in 2022 GAM, $425,000 in 2023 GAM and $250,000 in either 2023 or 2024 GAM depending on Kaye's roster status in 2023"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Is anyone else concerned that by this time next year we could be looking for a new mid field 3 if Oso doesn't comeback, MB's continued decline and this little note in the MAK transaction "Colorado will receive $350,000 in 2022 GAM, $425,000 in 2023 GAM and $250,000 in either 2023 or 2024 GAM depending on Kaye's roster status in 2023"
    If Osorio goes this winter I expect our last DP spot used to cover him or else Bradley, depending on who hits the re-entry draft/free agency and if a spot could be filled there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Kaye is under contract until 2026. I think that note means if we trade/sell Kaye, in 2022/2023, we owe the GAM in 2023, since we should theoretically pick up extra GAM dealing him. Seems like just a mechanism to better manage GAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If Osorio goes this winter I expect our last DP spot used to cover him or else Bradley, depending on who hits the re-entry draft/free agency and if a spot could be filled there.
    This is really a point of concern. I would say this year I am generally okay with Bradley’s role given we have bigger things to sort out. But next year I don’t think anyone should be accepting of him in any sort of starter capacity. It’s just beyond reason to think he’d be able to play at the level we need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is really a point of concern. I would say this year I am generally okay with Bradley’s role given we have bigger things to sort out. But next year I don’t think anyone should be accepting of him in any sort of starter capacity. It’s just beyond reason to think he’d be able to play at the level we need.
    I doubt he will be a locked in starter like now so we'll just be overpaying for a role playing bench option like Cheyrou.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It would be nice to see some sort of trajectory toward improvement too, recognizing there will be bumps along the way. I'm not sure I'm seeing real improvement. Feels more like we're just waiting for the DPs to rescue us.
    There were games when we saw improvement - just not the last few.

We beat Philly 2-1 at home - and the ATL win by the same score (less then a month ago)

Recency bias

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the free agency list, Hollingshead is 31 this year - worth a punt for 2 seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't come up in the "related players" list on Transfermarkt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley might be a good coach and sporting director, but he has shown nothing that makes me think he will ever drop Michael. People told me he traded Marky to open up minutes for Priso. Now Ralph is gone and there is no one to take Michael's minutes. I stand by my statement from years ago that Michael Bradley is the most powerful person in TFC's hierarchy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bob Bradley might be a good coach and sporting director, but he has shown nothing that makes me think he will ever drop Michael. People told me he traded Marky to open up minutes for Priso. Now Ralph is gone and there is no one to take Michael's minutes. I stand by my statement from years ago that Michael Bradley is the most powerful person in TFC's hierarchy.
    I think we'll see a DP cm brought in to take over from him imo.

That would be the reason not to move this window, not an abundance of CMs available

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There were games when we saw improvement - just not the last few.

We beat Philly 2-1 at home - and the ATL win by the same score (less then a month ago)

Recency bias

Same thing could be said for Javier Perez's team

Didn't they also beat Philly and top team in NY FC.

At least he recognized Bradley shouldn't be started .

For everyone mentioning how bad everyone looked in this system, clearly this system highlights M.Bradleys strengths.

Unfortunately everytime Bradley received the ball off a turn over due to the press working he literally has given the ball right back or missed easy target on net.

No Delgado, no priso to give anyone second thoughts, and playing poz as something he isn't never made any sense.

Yes he over dribbled that's because this system never gave him players to pass too

The last few games I been to it's always been 1 tfc player with the ball surrounded by 3 players of the defensive team- no one would support or balance the 1 VS 3 or 1 VS 4

Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    That free agent list has given me a lot of hope we can re-work the defense in a meaningful way in the winter window without needing to use the DP spot on a CB.

We already tried having a DP as a CB - how did that work out? There is no way we should waste a DP spot on a CB. Complete waste of a DP.

Osorio is the heart and soul of the current squad and should be kept at all costs. This should be a given.

TAM signings max for defenders....this is common sense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Same thing could be said for Javier Perez's team

Didn't they also beat Philly and top team in NY FC.

At least he recognized Bradley shouldn't be started .

For everyone mentioning how bad everyone looked in this system, clearly this system highlights M.Bradleys strengths.

Unfortunately everytime Bradley received the ball off a turn over due to the press working he literally has given the ball right back or missed easy target on net.

No Delgado, no priso to give anyone second thoughts, and playing poz as something he isn't never made any sense.

Yes he over dribbled that's because this system never gave him players to pass too

The last few games I been to it's always been 1 tfc player with the ball surrounded by 3 players of the defensive team- no one would support or balance the 1 VS 3 or 1 VS 4

Lol
    Perez didn't beat nycfc or philly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we'll see a DP cm brought in to take over from him imo.

That would be the reason not to move this window, not an abundance of CMs available
    Trust me, my friend. I hope you are right. Unfortunately, every action we have seen since Bob came in has shown me that he thinks Michael is the man in the middle. Delgado and Priso leaving, a definite non-6 coming in with Kaye and the sudden emergence of MB not being included in the MLSPA free agents or even listed in the options section has me thinking we have atleast one more year of Michael being the unquestioned captain and starter incoming. I will 100% be happy for you to quote me and prove me wrong in January though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perez didn't beat nycfc or philly
    After Armas: Beat New England, Chicago, Nashville, York United and Pacific.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to clarify on my MB rant that I don't think he has been bad at all this year. But, as the season has gone on his play has dipped. I think most of us can agree that as he reaches his age 35/36 season he needs to be phased out or atleast moved into a part time CB role if they wanna play a back 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    We already tried having a DP as a CB - how did that work out? There is no way we should waste a DP spot on a CB. Complete waste of a DP.

Osorio is the heart and soul of the current squad and should be kept at all costs. This should be a given.

TAM signings max for defenders....this is common sense.
    Personally, I’d give Bradley’s deal to Osorio and give him an extra contract year at the end. Basically you’re paying him in the future what you can’t pay today under the cap. Keep him as TAM, 1 to 1.5 million, 3 year deal (max 4). If some stupid club (most likely Vancouver) wants to overpay, let him go.

This is the second time he’s lit the house on fire during his contract year. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Oso value is going to skyrocket. He is going to score four goals in Qatar, including the extra time winner against Germany that puts Canada into the quarter finals. (You heard it here first.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”