Page 71 of 193 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

If you read the subsweets, sounds like it was more than the just the family issues we heard snippets of last year. “From what I heard it is more complicated than this and there was really no way both sides could have continued”
    IF this is true, then at least I'm happy that it's been handled more professionally by both sides, than some other ex-TFC players.

OTOH, I am concerned about a possible Bradley & Bradley "my way or the highway" mentality.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Everyone’s gotta take shifts sitting around Yorkville spotting a bald man and an Italian this week.
    Are there any bald Italian players available? They would probably have the best chance of getting an offer from TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Bring on Belotti!

Could you imagine this lineup?

Insigne -- Belotti -- Bernardeschi

Osorio Bradley MAK

Criscito - O'Neil - Mavinga - ?

Westberg
    Ya gotta just hope the refs don't speak Italian. Or there would be many yellows for dissent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    OTOH, I am concerned about a possible Bradley & Bradley "my way or the highway" mentality.
    With how many players have been shipped out for "morale/oppositional/personality" issues, I've been wondering if this is the case for a while now. Poz has always been an emotional player on the field at times, but he always seemed team-first and very positive in interviews. Auro was another player who seemed like a very positive player whose "commitment issues that led to departure" shocked me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol wtf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    lol wtf
    A perfect summary of the last 24 hours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya gotta just hope the refs don't speak Italian. Or there would be many yellows for dissent.
    Ha! Nice.

To add... came across this whimsy earlier... stuck in my mind...

Paraphrasing... 'Italy may be the first country to win the Canadian Championship.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF this is true, then at least I'm happy that it's been handled more professionally by both sides, than some other ex-TFC players.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    With how many players have been shipped out for "morale/oppositional/personality" issues, I've been wondering if this is the case for a while now. Poz has always been an emotional player on the field at times, but he always seemed team-first and very positive in interviews. Auro was another player who seemed like a very positive player whose "commitment issues that led to departure" shocked me
    You don't mess with 'Roy Kent'.

Nonsense aside, this is a legitimate concern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit! What a wild maelstrom to wake up to. We've gone through like 7 pages in this thread in one day.

I have a theory about why Poz is leaving, and why it's Miami specifically, but I'll keep my mouth shut because it's just speculation.

It's true MAK hasn't looked great lately, but maybe he's unhappy - maybe coming back home, under a coach he likes, would reinvigorate him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Sad to see Poz go.
    Was just listening to extra time podcast and they said Poz got into a screaming match with Stalteri.. someone said there was more to it above.
    Not to comment on the truth of that rumour but it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Poz is being paid too much and is too close to being MVP under a coach who sorted out how to use him well to not be generally rankled. Also was MVP in Belgium not long ago. The guy has found himself with the wrong team.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-06-2022 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a day. Here is hoping the news keeps pumping in tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    It's 'The hope that kills you' - Ted Lasso S1/E10

Hmmm... Lorenzo Insigne TFC arrival press conference...
    Opening video... subliminal messaging?
    In the final clip... is that Insigne being hugged by Bernardeschi?
    #Goatnardeschi
    Edit: Please excuse the self indulgence.

I love it when this Forum is used as a resource!

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status...widget%3DTweet
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-06-2022 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For better or worse, for greatness or calamity, as of 10:30AM 05JUL22 the era of BSBill 'and it's going to change the future of our club' began.

Will it be a day of infamy for TFC tifosi? Or bear the fruit of sweet redemption?

That a boy Bill, can't stop now, you go, lean forward, keeping swinging for those fences!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I have a theory about why Poz is leaving, and why it's Miami specifically, but I'll keep my mouth shut because it's just speculation.
    I enjoy the space between speculation and reality; the in-between.
    Go ahead. Due share. Tell us if you want and can in a way that will not cross any line; no judgement from me.
    Inquiring mind wants to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Sad to see Poz go.
    Was just listening to extra time podcast and they said Poz got into a screaming match with Stalteri.. someone said there was more to it above.
    It was mentioned that it was 'on the pitch'. Was this at training or during the last game? I am usually attentive, did I miss something? Is there footage?

Regardless, if the rumour that TFC engaged Ivanic was at all true, then Pozuelo's fate was sealed some time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...

Romagnoli to my Le Aquile.

https://twitter.com/LALAZIOMIA/statu...81706304221189

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be of interest.
    Seems TFC/MLS, at least budget wise, Y21/Y22, may have the capability to be competitive enough with about three quarters of SerieA teams?

https://twitter.com/chimentimattia/s...84343493951490

May explain the exodus/signings?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-06-2022 at 03:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Vasquez hit me harder than anyone, too. For me our second best ever player, and the true final piece to turn us from good to great. Criminally underappreciated by our fanbase overall, I think.
    Here, here...
    And IMO, he was the player with the highest football IQ ever on a TFC squad, until now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gots the insomnia.

WTF?... I think I may have fallen down a rabbit hole.
    Trying to read on the Internet's more questionable corners from several non credible sources about indications.
    That the situation with Pozuelo may be 'more complicated' than what is generally understood.
    More than the Covid fallout family issues or the style of play and position concerns on the team moving forward and generally mentioned.
    That 'there are well known rumours' circulating from last year in certain segments of Toronto about him; some are suggesting slanderous?
    Could it be that he was actually part of the ascribed Soteldo issue?
    Was it a #KnivesOut thing by the Bradleys all along? Just took longer given his stature?
    I mean are there any LatinX players other than Osorio left on the squad from last season and prior?
    I am starting to realize my perception of this matter is evolving.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-06-2022 at 04:49 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^yeah, said respectfully lets not go there, unless something specific comes out and even then. On the field, i never saw the guy not give 100%.

On another subject… does it not concern anyone that we announced Poz before having Bernadeschi in the bag…. From Eurosport 3 hours ago (translated) - Napoli, Atletico Madrid and, now, Toronto Fc. According to the Canadian media "The Parleh", close to the themes of the Canadian franchise of Mls, the Toronto Fc of Lorenzo Insigne and Domenico Insigne, would be interested in expanding the colony of Italians by hiring Federico Bernardeschi.

• Our opinion: Toronto would have already made room in the squad for the Carrarino, with the Spanish attacking midfielder former Betis and Swansea Alejandro Pozuelo already headed for Inter Miami. On the other hand, both Napoli and Atléti have been beating around the bush, so far, for Bernardeschi's hiring requests (who earned 4 million a year at Juve). Figures that in Mls there would be no problems with spending.

btw Michael Singh post is referenced everywhere… he better be right.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-06-2022 at 06:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO this is TFC's future for many years to come, we like it or not (overwhelmigly I guess we are the latter camp).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t like the MLSE / Rogers history of letting rumours spread about star players when they are being pushed out. Poz was a fantastic servant to this club, period, and will long be remembered for his debut, for leading us to the final in 2019, and for “fffing good team, ffffing works”. I am sad that the last two years and BB’s tactics don’t leave him a place, and he hasn’t looked at his best for a while, but I have no doubt that he will have a resurgence in Miami, particularly against us. Good for him and we have to wish him nothing but the best. As for us, let’s hope we close the rumoured deals in the next 48 hours or so, or it’s going to be a long few weeks on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I gots the insomnia.

WTF?... I think I may have fallen down a rabbit hole.
    Trying to read on the Internet's more questionable corners from several non credible sources about indications.
    That the situation with Pozuelo may be 'more complicated' than what is generally understood.
    More than the Covid fallout family issues or the style of play and position concerns on the team moving forward and generally mentioned.
    That 'there are well known rumours' circulating from last year in certain segments of Toronto about him; some are suggesting slanderous?
    Could it be that he was actually part of the ascribed Soteldo issue?
    Was it a #KnivesOut thing by the Bradleys all along? Just took longer given his stature?
    I mean are there any LatinX players other than Osorio left on the squad from last season and prior?
    I am starting to realize my perception of this matter is evolving.
    I think it’s a money issue
    atten at Bmo the last two games has not been great. 23 and 21
    the trend is slightly downward and I think 2021 attendance scared the shit out of the front office
    with all these Italian players Bmo might get the Italians in Toronto to come out to games
    maybe we will get close to 30k attendance again
    also season tickets renewals for 2023 are coming up soon
    After the Seattle game and the other games this year the average fan was no way going to renew season seats
    now they will
    Last edited by stevep; 07-06-2022 at 06:30 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Caldwell let a cat out of the bag a little early on the MAK rumours, the denials were fast.

Have to admit, this is a fun time of year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell and Gareth are not known for breaking news as they are company men. Perhaps TFC managements perspective on the MAK deal was overly optimistic and they embarrassed Colorado by speaking too soon. We will see. It does make sense given BB/MAK relationship and Fraser knowledge of AYO/Shaff etc. but if it’s AYO /Shaff I think that’s a loss for us - Peruzza then becomes the number 2 striker. Not sure he’s the threat Ayo has proven to be.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that even Twellman has a source about Berni does make me wonder what happened to the FO in the last year.

Like, everybody but Davidson seems to have a source right now that is talking. Manning used to run a tight ship.

Part of me is enjoying all the discussions but a part of me is also wondering whether this is being somewhat manipulated and by whom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still pissed about the clueless Americans Manning and Bradley getting rid of the one legit player we had (in addition to Jesus). Am beginning to think with the Bradleys (and yes I used plural) don't like the Latino players as you can see them be discarded one after another......

Bradley Jr is finished and didn't like the limelight being taken away by the brilliant Poz...lets call it for what it was. We saw Bradley who has the touch of a lumberjack the past few years wanted to take set pieces...ffs, stay at the back and break up plays and commit fouls, let the skill guys do their thing.

Oh well...figures, I am going Saturday again, and no Poz and Insigne probably won't play...another lacklustre game and loss coming likely...hope not though, can't sit through another disaster class.

PS all this news about Berducshi coming maybe and Insigne about to play is nice and all...but the elephant in the room remains....we have no d. If I have to watch Thomson, Petrassa, O'Neil, CHung, McNaugthon get skinned alive time and time again, I won't have any hair left...

Oh well, c'est la vie. Maybe one day the clueless Americans running this place will be let go, and we can get a competent replacement for Manning and his buddys...and bring in some Euro coaches and if it woudlnt be to much trouble, perhaps bring in a technical Croatian player to run the show.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The fact that even Twellman has a source about Berni does make me wonder what happened to the FO in the last year.

Like, everybody but Davidson seems to have a source right now that is talking. Manning used to run a tight ship.

Part of me is enjoying all the discussions but a part of me is also wondering whether this is being somewhat manipulated and by whom.
    Somebody at TFC that's responsible for ticket sales. A friend of mine tried to grab some normally cheap seats for this Saturday and now they're 3 tickets for $400. Mega excitement to see SJ I guess.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to give them some credit, they can get a message out with some hype. I just learned a long time ago in any business, its not signed until its signed…. Or my new one its not Soup, if its not Soup.

Speaking of which, time to go to work… will be watching with interest.