Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I get the feeling that not addressing the shortcomings this season was part of the plan and that Manning expected the team to waltz into Vancouver and win with the pieces they had, thereby securing Continental play for 2023. Complete hubris had him underestimating Vancouver.

Make no mistake, this result was very bad for TFC, since this was the easiest chance to qualify for CCL in 2023. They're basically wasting 2 years of their DP's effectiveness if TFC does not qualify for CCL Round of 16 until 2024. I worry that now we are going to see Manning make some panic signings to try and fast-track team development. At least TFC will have a chance to qualify through the new Leagues Cup format, but I think I might see Atletico Ottawa playing CCL before TFC gets in again.
    Possible but this might have a silver lining in that it will make them realize areas that need to be addressed this window and by winter for sure. Also I think the Leagues Cup is their goal moreso than the CCL at this point.

They might do a panic signing but I doubt it. Manning might feel like hitting that button but I don't think Bob will. I figure they have irons in the fire but the players they have offers out to are still grasping at Euro possibilities. The league has gotten weird for straight up trades these days. There are few. Mostly everyone wants GAM so that will mess up a lot of intra-league moves for all the teams.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-27-2022 at 10:02 AM.