Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...r-sundays-game

TorSun is speculating Oso may be done with TFC.

I'm not suggesting it's the case, but if it ever comes out that this was a work-to-rule move because he wouldn't play for Bradley or with Michael, the shit will truly hit the fan.

It's just the timing of it, so soon after Poz, the fact that he and Delgado led us to within a point of the supporter's shield when Michael was out. If the worst-case scenario (of many) turns out to be true and Michael is seen by other players as a hindrance, he may have just decided he was done with contributing to the problem by making him look good.

He's also on a contract expiry, so he couldn't ever come out and just say "we have a problem" publicly without being seen as a black sheep by clubs who might want to sign him.

If he's playing in the friendly for Canada in three weeks, I think it's going to be a hell of a coincidence that the neurological issue disappeared as soon as our schedule did.

I KNOW, it's very negative speculation.

But the basis for it is that a) it cannot be comfortable not having a captain you believe you can confide in without the coaching hearing and b) on the few occasions Michael's been out over the last three years, we've played better. In 2020, substantially so.

Perez could see it, and he benched him. If Ralph Priso doesn't get his heel stomped on by Gustavo Bou (without a card, even) he might have ended the season on the bench. As good as some of his numbers have been this year, most of his major markers outside of the central transition zone have been quite poor.

I don't want to relitigate how good people think Michael is or isn't. But what is undoubtable is how dominant our central midfield pairing was when he was out. The timing of this illness -- when we're in the midst of wondering if the locker room has any cohesion or unit at all -- is the only reason I'm a little leery.
The 2020 run was genuinely very lucky.

We didn't dominate much, just relied on poz being in form of his career.

And oso already missed an intl break after appearing for tfc, making this speculation just...wrong.

Oso has been very open about his issue, and it sounds like a horrible ailment, and certainly not something you would want to risk in a dead rubber game.