Page 52 of 193 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 5785
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Glad that ship has sailed (at least for a year). Between Jimenez and Ayo I don't see how Destro is much of a step up for the money it would have cost.
    Exactly my thoughts,ditto with Hoilett absolutely no reason to sign Jr

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

singh talking today about there not being any kids in lineup potentially once signings are announced...

right now that means a rb/ lb. he was also talking about a loan deal.

i reckon after the window we could be looking at

westberg
    laryea salcedo CM/o'neill DC
    bradley oso
    poz
    akinola JJ insigne

*could also be another attacking or midfield piece as well, but the noise about a familiar face, and a loan deal make me think laryea is coming back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    going to be a 3rd serie a player on top of insigne and criscito i'd imagine.

ideal situation would be 6 month TAM + 2 year DP (player option) for DP level player.

next year bradley takes much smaller contract, poz slides into bradley contract.
    This would be exactly ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Exactly my thoughts,ditto with Hoilett absolutely no reason to sign Jr
    Hoilett would be good for this season at least. He’s definitely a bonafide MLS level winger. My worry with signing him is age and decline. Maybe it would be better long term to wait until the off season to get a JJ kind of guy, but right now he would 100% improve the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will continue to maintain that bringing Richie back on loan is a total waste of resources. We could trade that 500k GAM in league and get a valuable player for longer than 4 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I will continue to maintain that bringing Richie back on loan is a total waste of resources. We could trade that 500k GAM in league and get a valuable player for longer than 4 months.
    Totally agree. What’s the long term plan at RB? Laryea on a rental isn’t the answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Hoilett would be good for this season at least. He’s definitely a bonafide MLS level winger. My worry with signing him is age and decline. Maybe it would be better long term to wait until the off season to get a JJ kind of guy, but right now he would 100% improve the team.
    I'll say it again, if Manning was hyping players that are "going to change the future of the club" and then signs Laryea and a 32 year old Junior Hoilett, I will not be impressed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I'll say it again, if Manning was hyping players that are "going to change the future of the club" and then signs Laryea and a 32 year old Junior Hoilett, I will not be impressed.
    yes, that+ this tweet makes me think there is another high level player coming in.

https://twitter.com/S_K_MOORE/status...45239960199169

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to add a little home town (Canada) rub on this on… if you can get him on favorable terms (tbd). Take him and run. That doesn’t preclude, finding your other big gun. But where else can we find a player that can play across the whole forward line. And at the same time give him some much needed playing time for the World Cup, this year. Just set the right expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    In the most recent Sharman/Singh video, Singh said that the incoming "players are players that the fans in Toronto would recognize" with a big smile on his face. I'm not sure to take that as we would recognize Richie/Junior since they played here (whether for TFC or Canada) or if they're a big name player (like a Bernardeschi).
    https://twitter.com/theparleh/status...68033998749697

(I know not everyone here on this forum loves Singh, but he's putting out a large amount of content on the team, so we will take what we have)
    I saw that and id hope he's grinning like a Cheshire cat cos it's a.n other big name as opposed to Hoilett/Richie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it is Bernardeschi. He hasn't exactly shot that rumor down. Debate his quality, but he is a much bigger name than Hoilett or Richie.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Totally agree. What’s the long term plan at RB? Laryea on a rental isn’t the answer
    Perhaps the long term plan doesn't happen in this window - Laryea is an excellent short term option until the winter transfer windows when MLS players are more likely to be moving around.

MLS is his best option for the minutes he needs before the World Cup. TFC is a great option for him - he knows the guys and can probably slot in immediately. As long as we have him until the end of the MLS season (playoffs included)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Perhaps the long term plan doesn't happen in this window - Laryea is an excellent short term option until the winter transfer windows when MLS players are more likely to be moving around.

MLS is his best option for the minutes he needs before the World Cup. TFC is a great option for him - he knows the guys and can probably slot in immediately. As long as we have him until the end of the MLS season (playoffs included)
    But not if we have other options (Laxalt) or if we have to pay anybody any allocation money to get him short term on loan.

He would be better off with a championship loan 100%. Would work better for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But not if we have other options (Laxalt) or if we have to pay anybody any allocation money to get him short term on loan.

He would be better off with a championship loan 100%. Would work better for him.
    We just offered in November to make him the highest paid wingback in the League. I
    imagine they'll try to get a loan-to-buy deal.

He was great for us, don't see why he wouldn't be again.

And even at 32 Jr is a quality winger by MLS standards. We could strengthen both positions with Canadians for another two years, during which time the kids are still developing (or being sold and funding replacements).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely random note but Sportsnet had a replay of that last World Cup on last night with Uruguay playing Portugal. Laxalt looked pretty damn good. Not flashy, but typical Uruguayan. Tough, strong defensively, and has a good motor. Think he’d be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We just offered in November to make him the highest paid wingback in the League. I

And even at 32 Jr is a quality winger by MLS standards. We could strengthen both positions with Canadians for another two years, during which time the kids are still developing (or being sold and funding replacements).
    I have to agree that it’s not worth laying out for Laryea. This club has significant resources, is in an advantageous position given the sale and had several months to find a fullback.

It’s a lazy and short term move to get Laryea back. You’ll be blowing all the money you got off the sale to move up allocation and buy him, PLUS you’ll be paying him an extortionate wage.

He’ll be good on the pitch but I’ll be totally unimpressed with the club. They have enough bankroll that they should have no excuses.
    Last edited by portu; 06-28-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

He wanted to test himself in Europe and never really got the chance. He will probably still want a fair shot somewhere. Also as great as he was going forward he did leave a lot of space in behind. We shouldn't forget about that too.

I would only want him back if he was done with the Euro thing. If just a loan until WC then back there then he himself would be better served to find a spot there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Manning is so desperate for the money brought in by having “known names”, that the recruitment pool has been narrowed to ex-TFC, ex-Top 30 International, and CMNT.

There are a million fullbacks and wingers, but we’ve been linked to Laryea, Borjan, Hoilett, Belotti, Bernadeschi and Laxalt?

All of those players come with extreme hang-ups whether it be blowing major $$$ on MLS mechanisms, age, or DP status.

I hope that someone at the club is attempting to be clever with signings in the same vein as JJ or Mavinga.

At the moment, it just looks like function is following form.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, not going to make any suggestions about Manning based on a Singh rumour.

Especially the day after Insigne held up the jersey & Manning confirmed Criscito as a target almost done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Manning is so desperate for the money brought in by having “known names”, that the recruitment pool has been narrowed to ex-TFC, ex-Top 30 International, and CMNT.

There are a million fullbacks and wingers, but we’ve been linked to Laryea, Borjan, Hoilett, Belotti, Bernadeschi and Laxalt?
    These are all names our lazy journalists, podcasters, and fans came up with. None of them came from Manning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are really lazy names regardless of who came up with them and their validity. A CMNT guy out of contract and the guy we sold barely 6 months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are all names our lazy journalists, podcasters, and fans came up with. None of them came from Manning.
    Agreed. That’s why I said “I feel like” tbh. We’ll see in two weeks though haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    andiamo! aNdIaMo! ANDIAMO!

L'ATTACCO FA PARTITE MA LA DIFESA DA CAMPIONATI!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prior media confirmation?

A few weeks before, and in keeping with his consideration of / visit to Toronto.

'Futuro all'estero? Non escludo nulla.'
    Paraphrased... < 'Future abroad? I don't exclude anything.'>

Third paragraph...

https://sport.sky.it/calciomercato/2...tervista-video

#goatnardeschi

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Prior media confirmation?

A few weeks before, and in keeping with his consideration of / visit to Toronto.

'Futuro all'estero? Non escludo nulla.'
    Paraphrased... < 'Future abroad? I don't exclude anything.'>

Third paragraph...

https://sport.sky.it/calciomercato/2...tervista-video

#goatnardeschi
    out of all the rumours, this makes the most sense in terms of bill manning saying these signings will "change the future of our club".

i love hoilett and laryea, but i doubt either of them would fall under that category...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/theparleh

#TFC officially unveiled MLS record signing Lorenzo Insigne on Monday, and as @MichaelSingh94 tells @James harman, they are not done dealing!

#TFCLive #MLS #Sportsbetting

https://twitter.com/theparleh/status...36850863685634

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    out of all the rumours, this makes the most sense in terms of bill manning saying these signings will "change the future of our club".

i love hoilett and laryea, but i doubt either of them would fall under that category...
    Imagine Billy bringing back Laryea after 6 months and saying that, I’m dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think someone might move to make room for a serious signing soon. Salcedo and Westberg weren’t training today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think someone might move to make room for a serious signing soon. Salcedo and Westberg weren’t training today.
    i'd imagine it would be a bale-esque deal if we are bringing in someone huge, 6 month TAM and DP next season+ (player option contract-extension).

can't see salcedo being moved, also he's looked great last couple of games.