Page 43 of 193 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    If I told you that TFC just signed a 32 year old forward that scored 3 goals and started I believe 13 games for a 2nd division side in England that barely survived relegation would you be happy?
    Counter: If you told me we were going to sign an international who is going to the 2022 world cup, has played 161 games in the Premier league, 231 in the Championship, scored 67 and assisted on 55 in all comps, and will likely be a TAM signing, I would say yes without hesitation.

Junior just turned 32 and can probably play 3-4 more years at a high level. Moreover, he wants to be here and bring success to his hometown.

I love this signing for so many reasons.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Counter: If you told me we were going to sign an international who is going to the 2022 world cup, has played 161 games in the Premier league, 231 in the Championship, scored 67 and assisted on 55 in all comps, and will likely be a TAM signing, I would say yes without hesitation.

Junior just turned 32 and can probably play 3-4 more years at a high level. Moreover, he wants to be here and bring success to his hometown.

I believe it would be a terrible signing unless they pay him the league minimum, has scored 5 goals in total in the last two years for an awful Reading side ,will be lucky to get on the field at the World Cup most likely only coming the field in last 10 minutes only if Canada is not in a close game, missed two months with a hamstring injury, Red flags everywhere with Jr.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it would be a terrible signing unless they pay him the league minimum, has scored 5 goals in total in the last two years for an awful Reading side ,will be lucky to get on the field at the World Cup most likely only coming the field in last 10 minutes only if Canada is not in a close game, missed two months with a hamstring injury, Red flags everywhere with Jr.
    . If Jr was any other nationality besides Canadian most on this site would be singing another song

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. If Jr was any other nationality besides Canadian most on this site would be singing another song
    i'm also pretty sure that jr's playing style (taking guys on, flair plays) will fit really well in the MLS.

those players are often big successes in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoilett would either be a huge success or complete failure in MLS. His injury record gives me some pause.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Canada and Italy the only two countries that play footy in the world? Do they each only have a single player who is possibly available? Why are we getting our shorts in a knot about two specific players?

I mean, a Canadian national team player coming: I can see that being a topic, regardless of whether the player makes any sense at all for the team or not. That's not a reason to sign the player; just an explanation that people might be interested in talking about a CMNT player.

Jiménez has been one of the best recent signings for TFC. Previously he was largely unknown, playing in relative obscurity in Poland. I think for an MLS team to thrive under our salary cap, you need a couple of players like that. (Admittedly, Jiménez's production has dropped off -- partly because of the way he's been played and supported; perhaps the opposition is also paying more attention to him; plus TFC had an insane goal output relative to the number of chances created earlier in the season -- which had to drop to the mean.)

But for a TAM or DP player, their are SO many good options available around the world. I just don't know if TFC knows how to find them. I hope they don't focus too much on Italy.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 06-20-2022 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post

Junior Hoilett is a reasonable and interesting candidate to consider.
    Although IMO problematic and not the ideal one.
    I would prefer an alternate right winger.
    In this case, I am more partial to that Italian DP, however unlikely, and yet also very open to other suggestions.
    Still, your perspective is very reasonable.
    Realistically, I accept JH is not only a possible contender, he seems to probably be among the very likely arriving after July 7th.
    As some may say, the odds favour him.
    There are a host of aforementioned indications and rumours previously highlighted by several others that are reflecting such odds.
    The most telling for me are his current 'ghosting' of Reading's latest offer coupled with his statement of wanting to return 'home'.

However, while it does depend on what Bob The Builder et al. are really thinking, there are enough concerns about JH that reluctantly give me honest pause.
    There are contradicting semantics within the metrics being referenced by some; including myself.
    I agree with the pragmatic expectations that JH...
    Should have enough English Football League(s) experience to transition into MLS well,
    Should offer a stabilizing and much needed veteran presence; on and off the pitch.
    Should be cost effective,
    And should provide a bolstering, flexible, short-term, stop gap and possibly mentoring solution for TFC.

However, regardless how often and/or the way he is to be used, my sense is that he more likely has about 1 to 2 good years left in him.
    For me, he would be a great piece to have... only at the right price.

While I do not believe his career is over, there are several indications that his future performance rate should be under scrutiny.
    That it must be assessed against any compensation.
    Perhaps, or at the very least, he may be at the start of a decline; the type, sharp or slow, is the crux.
    IIUC, jloome may have even expressed some caution about JH's resilience.
    Maybe him and Section 223 are not that far apart on aspects of this ongoing and encompassing general discussion after all? Detente common ground?
    For me, one key indicator may be the worth of a player.
    What an organization is willing to transfer pay for a footballer and what they are willing to pay that footballer.
    Although it is JH's availability on a free that is enticing, according to certain reports, his wage value seems to have slipped dramatically.
    Once again, IIUC, he was at Cardiff at about 1.5M+/P salary a year for several years before being let go; option declined or contract not renewed?
    It seems he was only able to find a position last year on 'sanctioned' Reading for about 2HK+/P salary a year.
    If this information is accurate, then for me it is compelling.
    In fairness, Reading's ongoing points penalties and transfer embargoes for breaching EFL Profitability & Sustainability Rules is not helping their struggle.
    These typical Fair Play financial obstacles that continue in application have certainly and primarily contributed to their slip.
    They still complicate their current treading position from Championship middling to almost League 1 relegation.
    So while not the cause of, JH is more a symptom of, or a solution to, their situation.
    I suspect these factors may be the underlying catalyst in JH's desire to move on from any EFL.
    He is no longer getting paid what he expects.

IMO there is also a relevant question about his stamina that should be considered.
    The obvious and common... will he be able to deal with the rigors of any required frequent league play and even MLS travel?
    It seems he has appeared in just slightly more than half of Reading's 46 games this past season.
    Moreover, it seems he may have only started in just over half of those before being subbed.
    It is also worthy to note that he may have had a hamstring injury in the first half of this past season that lasted two months or about 10 games?
    I believe the longest stretch of his career.
    I think we all understand and appreciate TFC's luck with hamstring issues; their re-occurrence.

IMO, in no way should Junior Hoilett be signed within any TAM level range. I do not believe he should get a TAM deal.
    I hope BBradley or et al. do not begin to repeat the sort of avoidable bad contracts that continue and can continue to anchor this team.
    A more realistic and appropriate deal would be fine.
    Maybe, and generously at most, near max regular salary; even camouflaged as a home town discount.

Otherwise, this should be a hard pass. But it won't be....

I have resigned myself to accept that this explanation was an exercise in futility.
    In all probability Junior Hoilett is the rumoured CMNT candidate coming to TFC.
    His contact length and amount is the now the only real concern.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-21-2022 at 05:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoillett is probably a couple of years late for a TAM/DP deal. If he's coming in at the 400-600k range, that's fine I guess

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adding hoillet, insigne and criscito into our starting XI would immediately turn us into a playoff team, albeit not a contender.

the biggest difference would be wingers who take care of the ball and don't turn it over, meaning we would be able to maintain possession in the attacking third more, and defend less.

feel we desperately need a good 2 way CM as well tho, that could help take us to the next level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    adding hoillet, insigne and criscito into our starting XI would immediately turn us into a playoff team, albeit not a contender.

the biggest difference would be wingers who take care of the ball and don't turn it over, meaning we would be able to maintain possession in the attacking third more, and defend less.

feel we desperately need a good 2 way CM as well tho, that could help take us to the next level.
    I feel like the CM/DM thing is only going to come next window, when Bradley’s contract is done and when they know if Oso is staying or going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Junior Hoilett is a reasonable and interesting candidate to consider.
    Although IMO problematic and not the ideal one.
    I would prefer an alternate right winger.
    In this case, I am more partial to that Italian DP, however unlikely, and yet also very open to other suggestions.
    Still, your perspective is very reasonable.
    Realistically, I accept JH is not only a possible contender, he seems to probably be among the very likely arriving after July 7th.
    As some may say, the odds favour him.
    There are a host of aforementioned indications and rumours previously highlighted by several others that are reflecting such odds.
    The most telling for me are his current 'ghosting' of Reading's latest offer coupled with his statement of wanting to return 'home'.

However, while it does depend on what Bob The Builder et al. are really thinking, there are enough concerns about JH that reluctantly give me honest pause.
    There are contradicting semantics within the metrics being referenced by some; including myself.
    I agree with the pragmatic expectations that JH...
    Should have enough English Football League(s) experience to transition into MLS well,
    Should offer a stabilizing and much needed veteran presence; on and off the pitch.
    Should be cost effective,
    And should provide a bolstering, flexible, short-term, stop gap and possibly mentoring solution for TFC.

However, regardless how often and/or the way he is to be used, my sense is that he more likely has about 1 to 2 good years left in him.
    For me, he would be a great piece to have... only at the right price.

While I do not believe his career is over, there are several indications that his future performance rate should be under scrutiny.
    That it must be assessed against any compensation.
    Perhaps, or at the very least, he may be at the start of a decline; the type, sharp or slow, is the crux.
    IIUC, jloome may have even expressed some caution about JH's resilience.
    Maybe him and Section 223 are not that far apart on aspects of this ongoing and encompassing general discussion after all? Detente common ground?
    For me, one key indicator may be the worth of a player.
    What an organization is willing to transfer pay for a footballer and what they are willing to pay that footballer.
    Although it is JH's availability on a free that is enticing, according to certain reports, his wage value seems to have slipped dramatically.
    Once again, IIUC, he was at Cardiff at about 1.5M+/P salary a year for several years before being let go; option declined or contract not renewed?
    It seems he was only able to find a position last year on 'sanctioned' Reading for about 2HK+/P salary a year.
    If this information is accurate, then for me it is compelling.
    In fairness, Reading's ongoing points penalties and transfer embargoes for breaching EFL Profitability & Sustainability Rules is not helping their struggle.
    These typical Fair Play financial obstacles that continue in application have certainly and primarily contributed to their slip.
    They still complicate their current treading position from Championship middling to almost League 1 relegation.
    So while not the cause of, JH is more a symptom of, or a solution to, their situation.
    I suspect these factors may be the underlying catalyst in JH's desire to move on from any EFL.
    He is no longer getting paid what he expects.

IMO there is also a relevant question about his stamina that should be considered.
    The obvious and common... will he be able to deal with the rigors of any required frequent league play and even MLS travel?
    It seems he has appeared in just slightly more than half of Reading's 46 games this past season.
    Moreover, it seems he may have only started in just over half of those before being subbed.
    It is also worthy to note that he may have had a hamstring injury in the first half of this past season that lasted two months or about 10 games?
    I believe the longest stretch of his career.
    I think we all understand and appreciate TFC's luck with hamstring issues; their re-occurrence.

IMO, in no way should Junior Hoilett be signed within any TAM level range. I do not believe he should get a TAM deal.
    I hope BBradley or et al. do not begin to repeat the sort of avoidable bad contracts that continue and can continue to anchor this team.
    A more realistic and appropriate deal would be fine.
    Maybe, and generously at most, near max regular salary; even camouflaged as a home town discount.

Otherwise, this should be a hard pass. But it won't be....

I have resigned myself to accept that this explanation was an exercise in futility.
    In all probability Junior Hoilett is the rumoured CMNT candidate coming to TFC.
    His contact length and amount is the now the only real concern.
    Regardless of his drawbacks, he’s played well for Canada, on a team stacked with attacking talent, and would add some desperately needed grit and professionalism. I’m thinking 1.5 years at low TAM would be reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/GalindoPW

Richie Laryea is likely to be made available for loan by #NFFC as their summer window takes shape, per @TheAthleticUK. #CanMNT

https://theathletic.com/3374226/2022...rson-niakhate/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

Richie Laryea is likely to be made available for loan by #NFFC as their summer window takes shape, per @TheAthleticUK. #CanMNT

Richie would be great, needed minutes before the WC too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

Ya I will be pissed if he comes back on loan to MLS and isn't with us.
    with that said - I bet they would want him back by the time the EPL season begins. Would screw us right at playoff time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    with that said - I bet they would want him back by the time the EPL season begins. Would screw us right at playoff time.
    Lol he'd be made available on loan immediately and for whole prem season.

He's not in their plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EPL season starts August 5. They're not sending him on loan for a month. You mean re-starts after the World Cup? (Never mind, our season would be done by then).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Lol he'd be made available on loan immediately and for whole prem season.

He's not in their plans.
    What a waste of talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to see Richie move to Belgium or the Netherlands if he is gonna go out on loan. Would feel a bit disappointed in him if he gave up on his dreams this quickly. Also, the allocation order would require us to pay a hefty amount of TAM for a loan. I'd be fine with it if he was coming back permanently.
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 06-21-2022 at 12:05 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An English team during the January window not caring about a player beyond a possible need that might not actually occur?

NEVER....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I would like to see Richie move to Belgium or the Netherlands if he is gonna go out on loan. Would feel a bit disappointed in him if he gave up on his dreams this quickly. Also, the allocation order would require us to pay a hefty amount of TAM for a loan. I'd be fine with it if he was coming back permanently.
    Same. But knowing the club, they’d probably rather pay someone out than have to actually scout and find a fullback.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/FootballSaves/st...89231448756232

the insigne hype campaign has started

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The EPL season starts August 5. They're not sending him on loan for a month. You mean re-starts after the World Cup? (Never mind, our season would be done by then).
    Oh shit it's the end of June already!!?? k nevermind
    I guess they don't think he's Prem quality? Why'd they get him in the first place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess they don't think he's Prem quality? Why'd they get him in the first place?
    Crazy eh?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

likely didn't think they'd be promoted and he was going to get more minutes next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Crazy eh?
    they were told by Middlesbrough Djed Spence would likely be sold to Tottenham in the January window and he was supposed to be the replacement. Spence didn't leave until last week, and now they can afford a guaranteed starter because promotion is worth about 175-million pounds.

Having said that I think it was the CSA who reported they'd heard he was going to compete for a regular spot in the Premiership, so until he's offered or goes on loan, who know. I talked to a reporter in Nottingham about a month ago and he said the gaffer there rates him, he just couldn't supplant Spence.

But they have a lot of holes to fill as five outfield starters Last season were loans.

Also theyre in the running for Cyle Larin and may think keeping Richie will help him adjust/give them players who already know how to find each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JUST to point out that the Canadian story is misquoting the English Athletic piece. The Canadian story says he WILL be made available for loan and quotes the Athletic.

but the Athletic piece linked just speculates he "likely" will be made available for loan, basically a guess. It's literally a throwaway Graf at the end of the piece on Forests rebuild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    they were told by Middlesbrough Djed Spence would likely be sold to Tottenham in the January window and he was supposed to be the replacement. Spence didn't leave until last week, and now they can afford a guaranteed starter because promotion is worth about 175-million pounds.

Having said that I think it was the CSA who reported they'd heard he was going to compete for a regular spot in the Premiership, so until he's offered or goes on loan, who know. I talked to a reporter in Nottingham about a month ago and he said the gaffer there rates him, he just couldn't supplant Spence.

But they have a lot of holes to fill as five outfield starters Last season were loans.

Also theyre in the running for Cyle Larin and may think keeping Richie will help him adjust/give them players who already know how to find each other.
    Just to be clear, my crazy response was referring to the fact that we're almost through June. Lol.

That's a good synopsis of the Richie situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH JR seems like another lazy signing if true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    TBH JR seems like another lazy signing if true.
    Thin line on this one between "lazy"
    and "proven". If he's TAM we could get more long-term value.
    But from a competitive standpoint he's proven and wants to be here, so....

We do need the odd signing who isn't a dice roll.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/reportingmls/sta...15811705409536

auro to retrun to MLS this summer but not tfc?

could trade him for $$ or a higher allocation order spot (or a player)