Page 4 of 193 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

osorio who gives away balls left and right leading to chances and goals conceded should now play dm and lose even more dangerous balls...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    osorio who gives away balls left and right leading to chances and goals conceded should now play dm and lose even more dangerous balls...
    Osorio had four tackles last night, leading the team and second overall on the pitch after New York's Frankie Amaya.

And although I agree he's got a different skillset from a DM, you'd think that playing as a number 8 pivot is far more dangerous in terms of losing a ball than as a number six, where he's trying to outlet it as quickly as possible.

He lost six balls yesterday because he was overwhelmed in midfield, pressed by two players constantly. If he were playing deeper all the time, he would be outletting it relatively quickly and the chance of being caught flat in possession would be lower, not higher.

Having said that, he'd still effectively be a number eight if we played two back. He'd be the one of the two who goes forward, rather than pivoting that responsibility based on where the ball is, as we tried in vain to do yesterday.

Against a central press, one of them two central mids has to stay back. That would be Priso, in this case, not Osorio.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like July now, wonder if he had second thoughts after seeing yesterdays game? I can respect the fact he wants to stick around and help his mates in their relegation battle.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT - Red CB Toronto beat me to it.

---

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1500570132145397763

Criscito much have watched TFC's performance on that joke of a pitch and said, "Uhhh, maybe later."

Fab says the deal will now be discussed for the summer. At this point, forget it, give that money to someone who can help now. TFC is in all sorts of trouble on the wings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been a genuinely depressing weekend. Time to get to work on something else for Manning and Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another deal fumbled. Surprise surprise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    championship quality team...lol this was a bottom team last year and now rebuilding
    That is the goal though a championship, this is MLS the turn around time in a rebuild is not long, Lorenzo is already aging the window will be short with him we need to sort other things out. It is obvious that Bono is what he is and IMO he is not someone you are going to ride to a cup. As much as I like Q he is 35. We should have a better keeper option or looking for one. That was the point I was making

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Another deal fumbled. Surprise surprise
    maybe we got lucky,do we really need a 35 old injury phone coffee buddy for LI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    maybe we got lucky,do we really need a 35 old injury phone coffee buddy for LI
    We sorta do, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Missing Delgado...
    No we don't... No one misses his season long frown, bad body language and overall poor play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    We sorta do, unfortunately.
    we deff could use him has a drew moor type to settle the back for now,but no point waiting for july,spend the million on something else so many holes right now.bring lawrence in since it looks like shaff is injured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Mavinga played left back for much of his career. He's really good with the ball upfield.

I think we obviously need more bodies; but we also need the new manager to be less stubborn.

Pozuelo offers nothing defensively, most of the time. Move him to the wing, where he played much of his career prior to here, and which in a 433 is an outside-in forward. That's what Insigne's going to be playing, so it makes sense to mirror him on the other wing.

That gives us more going forward and opens up midfield space for a wrecker. Put Priso in as a number six, (as NYRB did with Frankie Amaya, who had EIGHT tackles in that game, double our best output, from Osorio).

Our number two tackler in that game was ... .Ralph Priso, who had three in 11 minutes.

On corners, don't allow two sleight (relatively) wingbacks as our central cover. Even if it was a foul (I think it was), Klymala shoved JMR off the ball and created that break with minimal effort, then Shaff couldn't hold him off long enough for anyone else to recover.

The only value Bradley has right now is as a playmaker, a passer. And Poz's defense is suspect. So we'd be better playing them higher up the pitch where their defensive output is minimized (and I realize one-way players are a luxury these days, but I'm trying to be pragmatic before they sign reinforcements).

-----------Bono/Westburg----------
    ChungJMR--O'Neill--Salcedo--MavingaShaff
    ----------Priso-----Osorio----------
    ------------BradOkello---------------
    Pozuelo-------------------Petrasso
    --------------Jimenez

It's not ideal but at least it puts people where they'll be most effective. Half the teams in the league trap now; to have a guy like Pozuelo wide who can beat double teams and allow for overlaps would be helpful. To have a guy with enough speed to cover the backline in Priso would be helpful. Bradley's inability to track back fast enough would be less issue with two guys behind him.
    I like it. We need to do something to get more out of Mavinga, LB makes sense. Would give Shaff more time to grow into/learn the position as well. I could see Priso being a big help to JMR as he is already sound defensively and looks like he can handle the physical stuff. The one thing I have noticed with JMR this year is how often he gets pushed around and shoved to the ground, he will improve just by getting more strength and weight on his frame

BB seems pretty high on Nelson so I could see him going with Nelson over Petrasso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d love to know where the heck Kemar Lawrence is. He’d be helpful right now. I wish they’d update that situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy idea: encourage Lawrence to rejoin the team and play him on the left side of a back three. He was the best “centre back” we had on our team last year and he plays the same spot for Jamaica.

Realize it’s probably not going to happen but I can dream I guess.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

genuinely believe criscito watched the game yesterday, saw the state of both the squad, the weather and the pitch and changed his mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont know if we should go after Criscito anymore than, if he isnt dedicated now what makes me think he will be in 4-6 months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd welcome Lawrence back with open arms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been a terrible weekend for the club. First we suffer one of the worst home defeats in club history, then one of our biggest offseason targets bails at the last minute.

Can somebody explain to me why Jamaican International Kemar Lawrence isn't even getting a look? I Declare Shenanigans! Unacceptable to keep a player of his quality out while our defenders are getting destroyed on the wings.

I also hate to say this because he is an absolute club legend, but Michael Bradley looked a bit past it this weekend.

Is Bill Manning good at this or has he been lucky to have Garth, Bez, and Vanney to over the years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Crazy idea: encourage Lawrence to rejoin the team and play him on the left side of a back three. He was the best “centre back” we had on our team last year and he plays the same spot for Jamaica.

Realize it’s probably not going to happen but I can dream I guess.
    It seems a bit crazy that Lawrence is not playing either there or at left back for us. (I get that BB wants very forward thinking full backs though.)

I’d love to see Mavinga at left back or left wing back but when he was signed he said he came here because he wanted to play centre half. Otherwise, he might still be in Russia or France. Don’t see him doing it willingly.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-06-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    This has been a terrible weekend for the club. First we suffer one of the worst home defeats in club history, then one of our biggest offseason targets bails at the last minute.

Can somebody explain to me why Jamaican International Kemar Lawrence isn't even getting a look? I Declare Shenanigans! Unacceptable to keep a player of his quality out while our defenders are getting destroyed on the wings.

I also hate to say this because he is an absolute club legend, but Michael Bradley looked a bit past it this weekend.

Is Bill Manning good at this or has he been lucky to have Garth, Bez, and Vanney to over the years?
    Bradley is our Sporting Director. Isn’t it the first time he’s held this role? Gotta be different than being ‘only’ the manger and consulting with a GM on signings. Also quite different than the recruiting role of a manager on a national team. He’s probably overwhelmed at the moment. Manager and Sporting Director is a huge thing to step into, late, in a bottom of the table club rebuilding in a big way. Not only rebuilding but a different philosophy as well. We’ve never relied on our academy guys this much. Probably need to be patient both with the kids and with Bradley.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-06-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    genuinely believe criscito watched the game yesterday, saw the state of both the squad, the weather and the pitch and changed his mind.
    Oh I don't know. IIRC wasn't he originally and always supposed to come in July until very recently? I guess Manning's visit to Italy to try the personal press and change Criscito's mind about timeline failed. I think Fabrizio Romano, who some others consider football's transfer pope, simply got the latest with Criscito apparently wrong. No different than Andi Petrillo with Laryea. Only Romano walked it back respectfully, in a savvy social media frame and position to his benefit while Kaylan Kyle threw everyone under the bus to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically Criscito is doing to TFC what TFC allegedly did to Giovinco, ironically both falling on Manning.

At this point forget Criscito - the team has been clear they want guys who are all in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    dont know if we should go after Criscito anymore than, if he isnt dedicated now what makes me think he will be in 4-6 months
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Realistically Criscito is doing to TFC what TFC allegedly did to Giovinco, ironically both falling on Manning.

At this point forget Criscito - the team has been clear they want guys who are all in.
    These, x 100 times!
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 03-07-2022 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post

Unable to disagree with the take of your first assertion; Manning likely again at the fulcrum.
    In respect to your second statement, not sure it is a question of being all in; not sure if that thought is fair.
    Wouldn't you sort of have to then apply that principle to Insigne as well?
    Neither are playing for a middling team; for which I could share such sentiment.
    Each are at the opposite ends of the league spectrum and committed to one's own club; Relegation and Championship Title.
    I do not know if I would want a player to cut and run in such a comparable manner and situation; if their even is one in MLS.
    Genoa might still stave off doom; unlikely, yet possible.
    They have the luck or misfortune of drawing a lot of their recent matches.
    There is still some hope, albeit a very slim chance and the window is certainly closing fast.
    I cannot fault Criscito for that decision.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Unable to disagree with the take of your first assertion; Manning likely again at the fulcrum.
    In respect to your second statement, not sure it is a question of being all in; not sure if that thought is fair.
    Neither are playing for a middling team; for which I could share such sentiment.
    Each are at the opposite ends of the league spectrum and committed to one's own club; Relegation and Championship Title.
    I do not know if I would want a player to cut and run in such a comparable manner and situation; if their even is one in MLS.
    There is still some hope, albeit a very slim chance and the window is certainly closing fast.
    Very much agree with you Mr in between Criscito’s not running away from a relegation battle in Italy to join a team where coach Bradley is managing this squad like we are still in preseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Not saying that I disagree with any of this, but the key difference between Insigne and Criscito is having an (alleged) agreement to join ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there’s a little bit of an over-correction going on with the forum in trying not to get inflammatory with criticism. Nobody, including me, expected this club to title contend this year, but being competitive is more than reasonable. With that, it is not crazy to suggest that the club’s inability to get deals over the line and organise the roster to be competitive by now is completely unacceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think there’s a little bit of an over-correction going on with the forum in trying not to get inflammatory with criticism. Nobody, including me, expected this club to title contend this year, but being competitive is more than reasonable. With that, it is not crazy to suggest that the club’s inability to get deals over the line and organise the roster to be competitive by now is completely unacceptable.
    Well, I think this is a function of who is doing the moves and what they have to deal with.

Last year, we had a manager and GM both with dubious track records. The coach had hair-brained ideas that were poorly articulated and executed. The GM sat on his ass until forever and when he did sign people, they were awful.

This year, someone came in and picked up a club in shambles. They had to jettison people because of personalities, bad contracts, and in some cases, I would assume, no desire to play here any longer. They shed pretty much all the deadweight and ran out of time to relaoad. But we still signed a marquee DP, a very serviceable striker, a starting CB and a more reliable backup option.

I am not overly offended because we appear to be planning for the long run. The fact we’re potentially destined to underperform until the summer window, is just the price we’ll pay to (hopefully) get it right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fine seeing BB working with what he has through mid-May, then having a better idea of where the gaps are and getting Manning to purchase players in the summer transfer window. We didn't seriously think this team was going to be in any sort of contention before Insigne got here, did we?