Page 23 of 193 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These contracts better be off the books by the end of the year. Otherwise, there was no point of going out to get LA just to have him play with a bunch of 19 year olds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    These contracts better be off the books by the end of the year. Otherwise, there was no point of going out to get LA just to have him play with a bunch of 19 year olds.
    we will be fine with manning has our leader,the quote machine,,,a mth ago we are going to love our 2 new signings in july,and last week we got 3 guys coming in that can play in the mls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the best cb in the league zimmerman is making 1.1 mil.i sure hope salceido s contract is front loaded
    Seems to be that it is front loaded and I don't think he is as bad as people think. He was rash a few times but most players take a while to adjust to switching leagues.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Seems to be that it is front loaded and I don't think he is as bad as people think. He was rash a few times but most players take a while to adjust to switching leagues.
    Will definitely have to wait on this one , if it is front loaded then good , but if Solcedo occupies when of this teams DP slots then we it’s another stain on Bob Bradley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Will definitely have to wait on this one , if it is front loaded then good , but if Solcedo occupies when of this teams DP slots then we it’s another stain on Bob Bradley
    How is this a stain on Bob? Would you rather have the toxic Soteldo playing in this team for another year?

This is 100% the fault of Curtis. We are lucky Soteldo was able to be unloaded for a serviceable player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    How is this a stain on Bob? Would you rather have the toxic Soteldo playing in this team for another year?

This is 100% the fault of Curtis. We are lucky Soteldo was able to be unloaded for a serviceable player.
    Yup. The fallout from Curtis takes a lot longer to clear out than expected and the aftermath may be felt for a while yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone should be focused on summer 2023. The team will have old contracts expired and most of what Bob wants brought in.

This season to feels like a right off, perhaps we can make a run when Insigne joins, but nobody should be expecting much this year, simply too much of a mess to cleanup.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all those inquiring about front-loading the contract I don't think that matters. I think it has been discussed here before, but for the purpose of a DP, the entire contract is averaged over the length of the contract to determine DP status. So I don't think it matters if his contract is front loaded. Of course this is all subject to the interpretation of the MLS rules...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atleast we might have a DP watch coming in the winter with Poz likely leaving when his contract expires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    For all those inquiring about front-loading the contract I don't think that matters. I think it has been discussed here before, but for the purpose of a DP, the entire contract is averaged over the length of the contract to determine DP status. So I don't think it matters if his contract is front loaded. Of course this is all subject to the interpretation of the MLS rules...
    It may still matter in that case. The $2.3M quoted as this year’s salary hit may be well higher than the averaged salary that determines he’s a DP.

If the latter number is substantially lower, due to two much lower salary years upcoming lowering the average, the actual “DP” hit may be within range to be bought down.

Averaging the DP hit over three years doesn’t mean they release averaged salary values per season, I don’t think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Generally yes but there's some oddness with this one based on our transfer fee for Soteldo vs nothing for Salcedo. Can't hold that amortization on us for 3 years when the player is gone after one. I think that's where the difference is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why was he toxic? Look at his production not bad for what he had around him. Did he not put in a good effort every time he was on the pitch. Sure he was frustrated but who wouldn’t be? I would take Soltedo over Salcedo. I have seen enough that tells me that we could find a DP for around 400,000 to match what we will get from Salcedo. Not sure why Bob never had a sit down with all these toxic players and set some rules and see if they are on board with his vision. I’m sure that just the mention of Insigne quickly changes the mindset of Soltedo . This drastic plan by Bob was never necessary, ask yourself if he would of taken this route if MLSE didn’t open the coffer’s for Insigne ? Think not

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why was he toxic? Look at his production not bad for what he had around him. Did he not put in a good effort every time he was on the pitch. Sure he was frustrated but who wouldn’t be? I would take Soltedo over Salcedo. I have seen enough that tells me that we could find a DP for around 400,000 to match what we will get from Salcedo. Not sure why Bob never had a sit down with all these toxic players and set some rules and see if they are on board with his vision. I’m sure that just the mention of Insigne quickly changes the mindset of Soltedo . This drastic plan by Bob was never necessary, ask yourself if he would of taken this route if MLSE didn’t open the coffer’s for Insigne ? Think not
    Correction. Find a player for 400,000 not a DP

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Atleast we might have a DP watch coming in the winter with Poz likely leaving when his contract expires.
    Not likely, he’s 100 percent gone , with the 4.5 million from what Poz makes and the 1.5 million that Michael Bradley is eating , gives us good coin to get us central midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m sure that just the mention of Insigne quickly changes the mindset of Soltedo
    Considering they play the exact same position I don't think it does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    man do we ever give out bad contracts 3.5 mil in CBs 900k in keepers paying auro 400k to play else where,paying some of jozy s salary,who knows with lawrence,the best cb in the league zimmerman is making 1.1 mil.i sure hope salceido s contract is front loaded
    More to the point, that was what closer to what Zimmerman was making when Bob Bradley was managing LAFC and Zimmerman was traded. Yes, the club had run out of expansion bucks but it still seemed a crazy move at the time. I think that Salcedo is more in the mould of what Bradley is looking for in a centre back than Zimmerman. And we shouldn’t be expecting any destroyers.

Zimmerman is currently on around Salcedo’s money. The 1.1 million on the current list is not accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember #BorreWatch? Well, he just scored in penalties to win Frankfurt the UEL championship. Guess he made the right choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember #BorreWatch? Well, he just scored in penalties to win Frankfurt the UEL championship. Guess he made the right choice.
    it was a very nice pk too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also scored the tying goal in normal time. Good for him and sad we couldn’t have gotten him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Considering they play the exact same position I don't think it does
    I always get a chuckle when I read a post like this , as if LI or Soltedo cannot be moved to another position . MLS does not strike me as a league that would make it difficult for these two class players to excel in another position.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always get a chuckle when I read a post like this , as if LI or Soltedo cannot be moved to another position . MLS does not strike me as a league that would make it difficult for these two class players to excel in another position.
    Ask Poz how easy he's been having it playing out wide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    More to the point, that was what closer to what Zimmerman was making when Bob Bradley was managing LAFC and Zimmerman was traded. Yes, the club had run out of expansion bucks but it still seemed a crazy move at the time. I think that Salcedo is more in the mould of what Bradley is looking for in a centre back than Zimmerman. And we shouldn’t be expecting any destroyers.

Zimmerman is currently on around Salcedo’s money. The 1.1 million on the current list is not accurate.
    If they don’t eventually bring in midfield help this team is sunk.

Jonathan Osorio in the lineup is the difference between being a mid-table team and a bottom feeder. If they replaced Poz with someone who is a strong box-to-box option, we’d be getting somewhere. If we don’t have someone stronger to pull the weight next to Bradley + kids each and every game, this all goes nowhere.

I am giving a pass on this year given the extraordinary amount of BS Curtis piled up and if we didn’t take steps to unwind it garbage would have persisted for years. But if not addressed by opening day 2023 Bradley can join Armas in the unemployment line

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Ask Poz how easy he's been having it playing out wide.
    For someone that has been following this club as long as you, obviously you realize that Poz has been done as a footballer for over a year now

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    If they don’t eventually bring in midfield help this team is sunk.

Jonathan Osorio in the lineup is the difference between being a mid-table team and a bottom feeder. If they replaced Poz with someone who is a strong box-to-box option, we’d be getting somewhere. If we don’t have someone stronger to pull the weight next to Bradley + kids each and every game, this all goes nowhere.

I am giving a pass on this year given the extraordinary amount of BS Curtis piled up and if we didn’t take steps to unwind it garbage would have persisted for years. But if not addressed by opening day 2023 Bradley can join Armas in the unemployment line
    agree with this, Poz and Bradley are a huge problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still waiting for someone - anyone - to explain why Soteldo was so toxic. I've heard whispers in the BMO stands about him going to strip clubs and that's literally it.

Last year Soteldo looked like the only player on the pitch who gave a shit. Moving him made zero sense to me, regardless of whatever crusade Duane "Pseudo-Journalist" Rollins went on last year about his performance.

Soteldo was class and exciting and most importantly he cared.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For someone that has been following this club as long as you, obviously you realize that Poz has been done as a footballer for over a year now
    And if you believe that he is not finished, why is Bob not playing him in a position that gives us more bang for the buck? I thought this new coach was the answer to all our problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still being linked to Belotti in Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Also scored the tying goal in normal time. Good for him and sad we couldn’t have gotten him.
    And scored against West Ham in the semifinals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    And scored against West Ham in the semifinals.
    And Barcelona in the quarters, but he was never coming here.

Speaking of West Ham, they need a striker. so on the Belotti rumours, he might fit with West Ham now back in Europe, so real competition… tough call on this one for a West Ham fan because a guy like Haller didn’t fit.

For TFC with with 3 DPs, we cant sign Belotti so why still in the rumors, unless some dark arts salary cap is happening.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 05-19-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne’s heartfelt goodbye to Napoli | Napoli-Genoa | Emotional Moment | Serie A 2021/22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WRPGhWWkCI