Page 159 of 193 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright. Doesn't matter our takes. We are strapped in for the last 12 games with a DP spot to be filled in the winter. The depth isn't great, but the starting 11 on paper is top tier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Alright. Doesn't matter our takes. We are strapped in for the last 12 games with a DP spot to be filled in the winter. The depth isn't great, but the starting 11 on paper is top tier.
    Keep the top guys on the pitch and there’s a run to be made as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The hope is that the young guys can function in smaller roles at opportune times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TransfersMLS

RT @CJSmith91: Source: I'm told the Houston Dynamo are set to waive the contract of Canadian winger Tyler Pasher

Pasher leaves #HoldItDown…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TransfersMLS

RT @CJSmith91: Source: I'm told the Houston Dynamo are set to waive the contract of Canadian winger Tyler Pasher

Pasher leaves #HoldItDown…
    Two goals and an assist in 17 games from the left wing this year. Decent player, not starting quality. Good depth but not at a position we need.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Wouldn’t have been playing with other Nats. Plus… it’s FC Dallas. That place is depressing to play at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also look at us getting Richie back as a 550k salary for both 6 month chucks of the season he is here instead of the 1.1 million he is paid annually.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Here’s a list of signings I’ve liked from all aspects this year:
    - Insigne
    - Bernadeschi
    - MacNaughton
    - Henry
    - Jimenez
    - O’Neil
    I'd agree with your list but maybe add a few more.

In general you're not wrong in saying TFC has underperformed since 2018. Given their financial resources they should be so much better (mind you, one could say the same about the Leafs since 1967).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    $225k for the allocation spot. We sold the #2 spot for $575k earlier this year. A good piece of business.
    Rudi Schuler confirmed that TFC sold the number two allocation spot to RBNY in February for $575K.

One can say management isn't doing their best, but still I'm impressed by a $350K profit that can be spent on players.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RudiSchul...21250611494913
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-04-2022 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that Layrea would ever choose to go to Dallas but in fact we are lucky to have him. I doubt he’d be back here if he didn’t need locked in, high quality playing time before Qatar. If he went anywhere else he couldn’t be sure of the conditions on and off the pitch. There is little adaptation/adjustment needed with this club. You’d have to think that if it wasn’t a world cup year he might have asked for a Euro loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is basically the reason the Allocation Order needs to disappear. The league has realized that they can't make players play where they don't want to play and thus they can force teams to trade the Allocation spot. Same as those Discovery Rights/Homegrown rights/etc. I feel like some of these the league might just be dictating the terms like you have to pay this much GAM since there's this much time left in the transfer window.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t understand the vitriol about selling a player who then returns on loan. Richie wanted to test himself. The club respected that. (I would say to portu that this is not evidence of his general point around TFC being bad at signings, which I absolutely agree with.)

From the TFC perspective, short term deals for quality players are very valuable, and can make a lot of business sense.

The general point I really want to make that hasn't been made yet: TFC are actually getting their marketing and community act together. Back last fall, when Laryea left, and Johnson and Crepeau moved (and we weren't in on either), and we were about to go spend $100M on Italians (which I thought was insane from a biz pov and still do - if you disagree, enjoy your opinion, don’t bother responding on that, it's a fact now, not talking about that here)… I was really, truly, pull-hair-out vexed that TFC were ignoring the opportunity of a lifetime to be on the CMNT train, and were instead chasing shiny objects.

With these last two deals, TFC are now, more than any club in the world, the heart and soul of the CMNT. In our World Cup year, that is as it should be, and if somehow something special happens, TFC will now get, and richly deserve, the glow that comes with that. Cmon you reds! has never had more meaning than it will this fall.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-05-2022 at 01:55 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So will Richie Lukaku be available vs. Nashville? And if he is, does he start? Wins are needed from here on out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    So will Richie Lukaku be available vs. Nashville? And if he is, does he start? Wins are needed from here on out.
    Maybe.
    Depends?
    For sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t understand the vitriol about selling a player who then returns on loan. Richie wanted to test himself. The club respected that. (I would say to portu that this is not evidence of his general point around TFC being bad at signings, which I absolutely agree with.)

From the TFC perspective, short term deals for quality players are very valuable, and can make a lot of business sense.

The general point I really want to make that hasn't been made yet: TFC are actually getting their marketing and community act together. Back last fall, when Laryea left, and Johnson and Crepeau moved (and we weren't in on either), and we were about to go spend $100M on Italians (which I thought was insane from a biz pov and still do - if you disagree, enjoy your opinion, don’t bother responding on that, it's a fact now, not talking about that here)… I was really, truly, pull-hair-out vexed that TFC were ignoring the opportunity of a lifetime to be on the CMNT train, and were instead chasing shiny objects.

With these last two deals, TFC are now, more than any club in the world, the heart and soul of the CMNT. In our World Cup year, that is as it should be, and if somehow something special happens, TFC will now get, and richly deserve, the glow that comes with that. Cmon you reds! has never had more meaning than it will this fall.
    CMNT and IMNT or for that matter any NMT signings should not be any issue... till MLS/TFC plays games during International Breaks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    CMNT and IMNT or for that matter any NMT signings should not be any issue... till MLS/TFC plays games during International Breaks!
    Last I read teams had the option to not play on international weeks so when they do, it's their choice now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is interesting, TFC were waiting for the FCC shoe to fall with Miazga. By all accounts, that deal was not completed by the deadline. Now I'm sure MLS will bend because it's MLS but it sure sets a poor precedent, don't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Well this is interesting, TFC were waiting for the FCC shoe to fall with Miazga. By all accounts, that deal was not completed by the deadline. Now I'm sure MLS will bend because it's MLS but it sure sets a poor precedent, don't it?
    There were a lot of deals not announced yesterday. Bogert says the Miazga and Richie deals are both done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Last I read teams had the option to not play on international weeks so when they do, it's their choice now.
    U&P, thanks for the clarification/update!
    They do; their choice.
    https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/why-ar...0322-0002.html
    I guess leaving it to the discretion of each organization is for the best?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U&P, thanks for the clarification/update!
    They do; their choice.
    https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/why-ar...0322-0002.html
    I guess leaving it to the discretion of each organization is for the best?
    Makes it easier for us to hassle the fanbases of the teams that choose to play these dates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just gotta say - what an awesome transfer window it's been!

6 new players, 3 Italian internationals and 3 Canadian internationals.

Not a fully finished product yet, but wow, our team is a heck of a lot better.

Now, let's go win some games!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    There were a lot of deals not announced yesterday. Bogert says the Miazga and Richie deals are both done.
    I bet MLS HQ are 9 to 5ers. Anything after that has to wait until today. WinFax rammed with player deals and offers to make their basements waterproof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Just gotta say - what an awesome transfer window it's been!

6 new players, 3 Italian internationals and 3 Canadian internationals.

Not a fully finished product yet, but wow, our team is a heck of a lot better.

Now, let's go win some games!

Ceppitelli and/or Belotti very, very unlikely.
    Though, Free Agents technically have until 02SEP22?
    Never say never; the infinitesimal chance.
    BB didn't really address this possibility in his acquisition statements?
    Also, still, FRomano oddly quiet on Il Gallo?
    Ceppitelli? The relatively latest is he turned down SerieB Reggina for newly SerieA promoted Lecce, yet Toronto very interested?
    Nothing definitive.
    Lets see what happens...
    I believe we may still have two international spots?
    Cap space? No idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ceppitelli and/or Belotti very, very unlikely.
    Though, Free Agents technically have until 02SEP22?
    Never say never; the infinitesimal chance.
    BB didn't really address this possibility in his acquisition statements?
    Also, still, FRomano oddly quiet on Il Gallo?
    Ceppitelli? The relatively latest is he turned down SerieB Reggina for newly SerieA promoted Lecce, yet Toronto very interested?
    Nothing definitive.
    Lets see what happens...
    I believe we may still have two international spots?
    Cap space? No idea.
    At this point I don't care about additional signings. We for sure need depth but that will be a winter MLS free agency thing. With all the moves we've done I think our defense overall is at least average for MLS (above average FBs and average CBs). Midfield is thin but effective if healthy. Forwards are fine. GK needs upgrading but that's a winter thing as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't really care what nationality our players are, I am just happy we added 6 quality players to the roster. Add a DP, starting center back, improve the depth (especially in midfield) and we will be in very good shape for next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, the most pressing issues are:

1) Making sure Osorio is back in 2023
    2) having another midfielder who is ready to step in for Bradley.
    2) Signing a lockdown CB (which can likely be done once Mavinga’s contract is up)
    4) Having an eye on a new striker if Jimenez doesn’t find some consistency through the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During their last pre-season game against Notts County, Richie looked angry with Steve Cooper when he was taken off. Now I think we know why: Hull City tried to loan him, which would’ve given him a chance to stay in England… and Forest turned it down.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...it/ar-AA10lpJO

They sort of fucked him over there.

Anyway, I imagine that’s also part of why there’s no buy option, as there’s interest elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    To me, the most pressing issues are:

1) Making sure Osorio is back in 2023
    2) having another midfielder who is ready to step in for Bradley.
    2) Signing a lockdown CB (which can likely be done once Mavinga’s contract is up)
    4) Having an eye on a new striker if Jimenez doesn’t find some consistency through the end of the season.
    I totally agree but you need to add this to the list. A starting keeper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea official: https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...-richie-laryea

Not sure why we had to give up to $175k GAM to Cincinnati too. They ended up using their spot for Miazga, I assumed that would happen first and then we move to the top with Dallas’ old spot. But it looks like us having the Laryea deal done earlier ended up costing us.

The allocation order continues to be ridiculous.