Page 72 of 193 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 5785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post

Oh well, c'est la vie. Maybe one day the clueless Americans running this place will be let go, and we can get a competent replacement for Manning and his buddys...and bring in some Euro coaches and if it woudlnt be to much trouble, perhaps bring in a technical Croatian player to run the show.

Cheers.
    Yes because Euro managers have such a long and illustrious lineage of MLS success we should definitely do that. What could go wrong?

https://images.mlssoccer.com/image/p...edkdi6bbq3.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Somebody at TFC that's responsible for ticket sales. A friend of mine tried to grab some normally cheap seats for this Saturday and now they're 3 tickets for $400. Mega excitement to see SJ I guess.
    I have to say, I was pumped going Saturday anticipating Ingigne making his debut...bringing my son and two of his friends and we were going to go earlier to see if we could get pictures with him. But now that he might not play, and Poz is gone, the enthusiam level has dropped a bit unfortunately.

I was a huge fan of Poz no doubt. And one thing my son will never forget, before a game, Poz took a few photos with him and asked me if they were good before he moved on to other fans. A class act. Compare and contrast to one game when New York came here, and David Villa after getting off the bus, with lots of fans including Spanish NT fans with his shirt, stood by as he literally pulled his hoodie over his face and raced by everyone not saying a word and no pictures with his damn hoodie covering his face...such a dick move.

Anyways, hopefully this all works out, sad to see Poz go. His panenkas were a thing of beauty and cojones....he was a joy to watch as the most skilled/technical player we ever had in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes because Euro managers have such a long and illustrious lineage of MLS success we should definitely do that. What could go wrong?

https://images.mlssoccer.com/image/p...edkdi6bbq3.png
    Certianly better than Armas or whatever the clown's name was that we had here last year...lol Fds, I don't even have any technical coaching licenses, other than volunteering for my kids timbit teams and I was more qualified....)

Bring Carlo Anecelotti (his wife is Canadian), Slaven Bilic, or Zlatko Dalic and then we will return to our rightful throne as the Kings of North America! )

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    IF this is true, then at least I'm happy that it's been handled more professionally by both sides, than some other ex-TFC players.

OTOH, I am concerned about a possible Bradley & Bradley "my way or the highway" mentality.
    This is a massive concern to me. We've shipped out quite alot of talent and alot of it seems to be on the basis of Bradley juniors opinion. Either weve cleared the dressing room of alot of problems, or, we're building the team around one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday’s going to be a sit back with a beer and popcorn and see what the hell happens kind of night. As is the next few days tbh.
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-06-2022 at 07:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    This is a massive concern to me. We've shipped out quite alot of talent and alot of it seems to be on the basis of Bradley juniors opinion. Either weve cleared the dressing room of alot of problems, or, we're building the team around one.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!

THIS!!!

Brilliantly said Joesph, you are always spot on. Love your posts brother.

The tyrant Bradley Jr is behind all this crap. He is calling the shots and his dad is doing his bidding. And clueless Manning does whatever and escapes any accountability.

Next thing we will hear is Bradley Jr will have his contract extended 3 more years where he will come to games in a walker...but always will start and play 90 no matter what, ffs.

Notice how we aren't buying any replacements for Bradley...surely anyone can see he is well past it...but the elephant in the room is no one is allowed to talk about it, and Manning is too scared to get rid of Bradley Jr and with his dad here now, we are stuck with him for more years.

I continually hear about this nebulous pie in the sky "rebuild" but Bradley Jr's spot never is impacted for some reason...when he is a huge part of the problem in the midfield getting overrun game after game. Certainly a rebuild would mean replacing Bradley....but here we are, no replacements for him and he continues to play 90 game in and game out.....

Everyone on the team must be walking around on eggshells in the lockeroom with Bradley Jr as they know if they don't greet him properly or look at him the wrong way, or don't buy his kids birthday gifts, he'll put in a call to dear old dad or Uncle Manning and they'll be shipped out on the next flight out of Toronto....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like part where people deliberately ignore the part where Bob Bradley never has or ever will use a traditional #10 in his set up and tried Poz in other places that didn't work out so well but of course it has to be his son getting rid of guys he doesn't like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like part where people deliberately ignore the part where Bob Bradley never has or ever will use a traditional #10 in his set up and tried Poz in other places that didn't work out so well but of course it has to be his son getting rid of guys he doesn't like.
    To be that's more about the earlier trades, especially the full backs, but rumours of issues here are interesting. Face value though yeah this is more a case of wrong player for the system, but it seems crazy to not be able to make it work with a player of this quality either way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Am beginning to think with the Bradleys (and yes I used plural) don't like the Latino players as you can see them be discarded one after another......
    Cheers man, I just need to correct this:
    Poz is not a Latino player, but a Spanish player.

Guys born in Spain are Spanish, and guys born in Portugal are Portuguese... not Latino.
    Latino is just everybody born in Mexico, Central America and South America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    ^yeah, said respectfully lets not go there, unless something specific comes out and even then. On the field, i never saw the guy not give 100%.

On another subject… does it not concern anyone that we announced Poz before having Bernadeschi in the bag…. From Eurosport 3 hours ago (translated) - Napoli, Atletico Madrid and, now, Toronto Fc. According to the Canadian media "The Parleh", close to the themes of the Canadian franchise of Mls, the Toronto Fc of Lorenzo Insigne and Domenico Insigne, would be interested in expanding the colony of Italians by hiring Federico Bernardeschi.

• Our opinion: Toronto would have already made room in the squad for the Carrarino, with the Spanish attacking midfielder former Betis and Swansea Alejandro Pozuelo already headed for Inter Miami. On the other hand, both Napoli and Atléti have been beating around the bush, so far, for Bernardeschi's hiring requests (who earned 4 million a year at Juve). Figures that in Mls there would be no problems with spending.

btw Michael Singh post is referenced everywhere… he better be right.

Yes, I am concerned. But it would be pretty astonishing if it fell through and we were just a stalking horse for another italian team. the good thing is that we have money; italy does not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Saturday’s going to be a sit back with a beer and popcorn and see what the hell happens kind of night. As is the next few days tbh.
    Indeed. Let the Weghorst rumours begin. is he really set on Besiktas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That's the only right kind of state of mind to go to this match.
    Otherwise folks may be disappointed / have a sad Saturday evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post

Guys born in Spain are Spanish, and guys born in Portugal are Portuguese... not Latino.
    On top of that, isn’t the proper name now latinx?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the point that MB and BB aren't trying to force anyone out because of cultural background. Goes against everything each has done and said their entire careers. Come on.

MB speaks Spanish, Italian, Dutch and German. Don't think someone who makes the incredible effort involved to do that is that is the kind of guy who would harbour some kind of animosity to people from other cultures.

He is the person who is most responsible for turning our team into a professional organization from a laughingstock. Legend. And yes, he isn't what he was on the pitch but he still looks the fittest guy on the club, incredible engine and work ethic. That sets the tone and for me thats a damn good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the part where people keep deliberately ignoring that Bradley Jr starts always no matter what under dear old dad. Funny how Bradley Sr's "system" has a place for his slow as molasses son always....perhaps just a complete coincence, bias or Jr would lose it and not let granddad see the grandkids if he was not a starter? Who knows....)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know but just lumped them him in as a Spanish speaker...))) and I excluded the Portuguese....though many in South American like in Argentina and Uruguay are in particular Italian dna...). Auro is Brazilian who got dumped as well....Solteldo, Salcedo, Poz, Gonzo, to name a few dumped...all one thing in common, not American or Canadian. Yet we go with kids who have no business being on the team or guys like Bono....

Someone mentioned it perfectly a few days back, the Bradleys and some of their supporters sure do like to blame the "foreigners" for our troubles....and Poz was a "foreigner". He was the LEAST of our concerns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be that's more about the earlier trades, especially the full backs, but rumours of issues here are interesting. Face value though yeah this is more a case of wrong player for the system, but it seems crazy to not be able to make it work with a player of this quality either way
    Exactly. Bradley's "system" is so rigid it calls for no technical players and players who aren't real full backs to play full backs. Some system lol, no other manager in the world plays non full backs as full backs...he is ahead of his time. ) Bradley Sr is inflexible and going to run us into the ground further. If God forbid Insigne gets hurt and Bernaduci comes but is hurt, we have nothing left. Just runners with no technical ability whatsoever.

And the gaping holes in the CM and D remain. We already have the most goals againstg in the entire league, and these moves do absolutely nothign to address the woeful defending.

What is the saying, attacking brings fans, defending wins championships? We have not addressed the latter at all...even made it worse by getting rid of Salcedo (who wasn't the best) but certainly better than anyone else we have at the back.
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 07-06-2022 at 08:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know if I’d go as far as throwing out some of the accusations people are describing here. But, it would appear to me Bob has a couple blind spots.

Let me put it this way: if Bob’s preferences stand in the way of the team’s success, I think the Italians would have him for lunch. No way MLSE could withstand the heat and keep him in place given the investment they just made on signings.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro in his vlog on all this yesterday quoted verbatim Bradley's answer to the "what's up with Poz?" question after Saturday's game.

I strongly suggest people go look at the video presser again & listen to what Bradley said.

Its all very telling about the effort put in to try to make Poz work as a TFC asset. He didn't have to go into that detail and it didn't sound like he was going into this to prove a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    On top of that, isn’t the proper name now latinx?
    No, because:
    "Latinx is a neologism in American English, sometimes used to refer to people of Latin American cultural or ethnic identity in the United States."

And even if Latino is everybody born in Mexico, Central and South America, my own view is that technically this is not a correct term.
    Latinos have all in common that have a more or less aboriginal influence in their lineages (who where all inhabiting those lands before the Europeans showed up), but Argentinians and Uruguayans are overwhelmigly pure Europeans. This is evident even if you just look at these players' skin, having almost the same complexions like Europeans, while all other players from these areas have a darker skin - the "real Latinos" IMO.

So if someone was born in South America (or even Central or Mexico), but all his family lineage is pure European, I could not call them "Latino".
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-06-2022 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the people in here are so out of touch with reality, it’s not even funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the part where people keep deliberately ignoring that Bradley Jr starts always no matter what under dear old dad. Funny how Bradley Sr's "system" has a place for his slow as molasses son always....perhaps just a complete coincence, bias or Jr would lose it and not let granddad see the grandkids if he was not a starter? Who knows....)
    Unfortunately, I think MB always starts because there really aren’t any better options on the team. Hopefully Kaye returns and helps fill that void.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, because:
    "Latinx is a neologism in American English, sometimes used to refer to people of Latin American cultural or ethnic identity in the United States."

And even if Latino is everybody born in Mexico, Central and South America, my own view is that technically this is not a correct term.
    Latinos have all in common that have a more or less aboriginal influence in their lineages (who where all inhabiting those lands before the Europeans showed up), but Argentinians and Uruguayans are overwhelmigly pure Europeans. This is evident even if you just look at these players' skin, having almost the same complexions like Europeans, while all other players from these areas have a darker skin - the "real Latinos" IMO.

So if someone was born in South America (or even Central or Mexico), but all his family lineage is pure European, I could not call it Latino.
    Ah, got it. Thanks 🙏

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know but just lumped them him in as a Spanish speaker...))) and I excluded the Portuguese....though many in South American like in Argentina and Uruguay are in particular Italian dna...). Auro is Brazilian who got dumped as well....Solteldo, Salcedo, Poz, Gonzo, to name a few dumped...all one thing in common, not American or Canadian. Yet we go with kids who have no business being on the team or guys like Bono....

Someone mentioned it perfectly a few days back, the Bradleys and some of their supporters sure do like to blame the "foreigners" for our troubles....and Poz was a "foreigner". He was the LEAST of our concerns.
    That’s a lie, and classic Trumpian disinformation “someone said (insert lie here)” Prove it - that Bob Bradley is discriminating against foreign players or fuck off these boards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Molinaro in his vlog on all this yesterday quoted verbatim Bradley's answer to the "what's up with Poz?" question after Saturday's game.

I strongly suggest people go look at the video presser again & listen to what Bradley said.

Its all very telling about the effort put in to try to make Poz work as a TFC asset. He didn't have to go into that detail and it didn't sound like he was going into this to prove a point.
    What makes me wary is he's called Pozuelo out in public before, even in really weird situations. Main one being when Bradley jnr made a huge error (And, that can happen anyone, not hanging him out to dry on it) trying to dribble in his own half, turned over the ball and we conceded. Bobs response was to call out Pozuelo for giving him a pass in a difficult position. He passed him the ball in his own half with maybe 3-5 yards of clearance between him and an opposition player, it was as standard a pass as I've ever seen.That was a major red flag moment for me on Bob that he has his blindspots, those he's decided he likes and those he doesn't and there's no winning if you're on the latter side. I suspected Pozuelo would be shipped)out (And Michael would never sit, ever, under any circumstances) the moment that happened. That he's putting another story out there on this topic doesn't surprise or sway me

We'll never know, and maybe time will vindicate Bob who I'm not writing off just yet, but I'd love to hear Pozuelos account of the last 6 months and wouldn't be surprised if he lights the league up now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and wouldn't be surprised if he lights the league up now
    Maybe he'll light up the league, maybe not, remains to be seen.
    But I am sure he'll light up TFC's defense any time he'll play against us, because he will have someting to prove in those mathces...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Unfortunately, I think MB always starts because there really aren’t any better options on the team. Hopefully Kaye returns and helps fill that void.
    Agreed, but that's the problem, why are we not looking for Mike's replacement?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a perceived conflict between MB & BB of course, but MB started every game (almost) under Vanney and then Armas. Nepotism is too easy to say.

Last week, sure his first touches were not as good but he played a solid defensive game and no reason not to be on the field. I think you could also be critical and say, he could have used a rest in one of the past four games but it is not as glaring as people make it out. This team needs leadership and i think he contributes more than he costs.. right now.

I think the bigger issue is Good News Bill. Loves to be there for the announcements but it doesn’t really appear he overseas the day 2 day and normally I would see that is ok, but this is a club that is going through a severe gut check and culture rebuild. He cannot let the BB/MB nepotism get ahead of itself.

Do this right and we are a MLS power team, screw it up and we are the Leafs. (How can you have that much money and not win anything).. lets hope for the former.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, because:

So if someone was born in South America (or even Central or Mexico), but all his family lineage is pure European, I could not call them "Latino".
    Well said. This latnx crap is woke garbage terminolgy used by morons like ocasio cortez who doesn't even speak Spanish for what its worth. Even Mexicans, etc don't call themselves this.

I have family in Argentina, like most of the population down there, they are Euro dna. Look at the Argentine NT, mostly Italian names like Messi....

Anywas, hope this all works out. Looking forward to Insgine working his magic here. Is only 31 so has a lot left in the tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That’s a lie, and classic Trumpian disinformation “someone said (insert lie here)” Prove it - that Bob Bradley is discriminating against foreign players or fuck off these boards

Dude, weren't you warned about this the other day? Everyone can post what they want here if following the mods rules. You are not the moderator here, you won't be telling ANYONE what they can or cannot post. Got it? Good.

PS I didn't make the post about foreigners...I said someone else did the other day in the Seattle thread...if you don't like it, take it up with them.