Page 64 of 193 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be bummed too, I'll never forget his performance at MLS Cup 2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is not and has never been the point for most people on this board who are opposed to signing FB (myself included).

It’s that we have limited DP spots and a defensively solid winger with limited offensive output isn’t as valuable to a MLS team in a DP spot as someone who regularly fills up offensive stats or controls the middle of the field.

The secondary point of those arguing for it seems to be if we don’t sign him we’ll just settle for some no-name bum. I don’t see how that’d be the case given some of the other names already floated and that we just locked up LI.
    Who, that fills the goal regularly, and has a guaranteed ability to do well here is willing to come?
    MLS as a lower league always has to play the balancing act. It is not just who you want, it is who you can get. FB not scoring at Juve is not a guarantee that he won't score here. His record at Fiorentina that earned his move to Juve was quite good. If he is freed to be a pure attacker and give the ability to use his skills why would he not score?
    He does have a 1 in 3 season in serie a under his belt.

Is it beyond comprehension he could be a 1in 3 guy in MLS? It certainly seems possible if he is given the attacking options. A defensively solid 10 plus scorer who has pace and serie a level ball control wouldn't be worth a DP spot?

I am not married to him being a great DP. I just think dismissing him outright greatly overestimates the difference in level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I'll be bummed too, I'll never forget his performance at MLS Cup 2019.
    Or that debut game against NYCFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    Or that debut game against NYCFC
    Yeah I was thinking that. A panenka and a chip in that first game. Sean Johnson had a rough one that night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really torn if Poz is gone. I thought he would here for a few more years. Hoping it's Salcedo that is leaving because his defending is atrocious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Really torn if Poz is gone. I thought he would here for a few more years. Hoping it's Salcedo that is leaving because his defending is atrocious.
    I hope both Poz and Salcedo get moved. It opens so much possibility for BB to implement his system.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they get yedlin out of a trade with miami it'd be decent.

Criscito/ yedlin + insigne/ bernardeschi would be an enormous upgrade in the wide areas.

I reckon they bring in another CM too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Quick random guess: in the first window Colorado asked about Higuain according to rumors at that time. I remember because it made me laugh. Now I could see Maimi refusing as Colorado has nothing they would want and it looks bad to swap Higuain for a nobody and Colorado likes to keep their GAM.

Now if we were to swap Pozuelo for Higuain and then Higuain for MAK then that would work out. The only ones on paper losing would be us as we would be swapping a former MVP DP for MAK and we'd be okay with that. Pozuelo and Campagna might work out okay in Miami too.
    That seems to make sense and is consistent with the tweet cited earlier that said that "its complicated" or "it is dependent on others" or similar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That seems to make sense and is consistent with the tweet cited earlier that said that "its complicated" or "it is dependent on others" or similar
    But Colorado eventually brought in Zardes so no longer makes sense to bring in Higuain (I think)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Who, that fills the goal regularly, and has a guaranteed ability to do well here is willing to come?
    MLS as a lower league always has to play the balancing act. It is not just who you want, it is who you can get. FB not scoring at Juve is not a guarantee that he won't score here. His record at Fiorentina that earned his move to Juve was quite good. If he is freed to be a pure attacker and give the ability to use his skills why would he not score?
    He does have a 1 in 3 season in serie a under his belt.

Is it beyond comprehension he could be a 1in 3 guy in MLS? It certainly seems possible if he is given the attacking options. A defensively solid 10 plus scorer who has pace and serie a level ball control wouldn't be worth a DP spot?

I am not married to him being a great DP. I just think dismissing him outright greatly overestimates the difference in level.
    Look, if LI was willing to come, if we were able to get into discussions with Belotti, I don’t see why we suddenly have this huge doubt hanging over us that nobody who is a better fit for a DP spot would ever put pen to paper.

Personally, would rather spend this money on another player whose strengths are proven to be things MLS teams need most in DP spots (goals, assists, control the centre of the park, etc). Instead, we’re saying let’s take this orange and make it an apple. It’s such an exceptional orange that it can be an apple too. I don’t see why we should to do that.

There’s a lot of track record of guys who are “goal scorers” who flop in Europe but succeed here. History is more mixed when you ask someone who plays one way the majority of their career to play another way and try to have that lead you to success.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    But Colorado eventually brought in Zardes so no longer makes sense to bring in Higuain (I think)
    I could see Frazer use Higuain up top and Zardes underneath. I think they actually want a "name" player and maybe somebody who theoretically could score when things get tight in the playoffs. If they had that they probably would have played NYCFC in the final last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If these Pozuelo rumours are true, I'm a bit worried that we can't figure out a system to use a skilled attacking midfielder properly. Not sure that's a great system, or it's overly rigid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Salcedo and Poz could both be on their way out. Salcedo needs to be in Mexico and I doubt the Texas/California clubs pony up for a DP centreback that spends half the week in another country. Poz has legitimate trade value and is expiring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Goodbye, sweet prince.

You'll always be Il Mago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    If these Pozuelo rumours are true, I'm a bit worried that we can't figure out a system to use a skilled attacking midfielder properly. Not sure that's a great system, or it's overly rigid.
    I think it's because Bob (and also the recent MLS trends) are heading towards pressing and hitting fast on breaks/causing overloads and for that to work team speed is required. The way we played previously is being phased out now in MLS and you don't see a lot of it amongst the top drawer MLS sides. I don't see him sacrificing this type of evolution to keep Poz around in a system that wasn't working that well anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Wow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/s...00826269147138

On the other side of the equation, looks like FB is in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Bernardeschi is coming, Salcedo is being shopped to Liga MX.. that means there will be ONE free DP spot to be filled. I wonder whom that will be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if we get Matias Pellegrini (900k salary) in return his loan just expired and if we Salcedo leaves we have access to more young money signings.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who plays attacking midfielder, Osorio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad to see him go. He was a good servant to the club and a stand up person.

Writing was sort of on the wall though with Bradley’s system and lack of contract renewal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well this is becoming an italian team...good thing michael and perruzza are there to translate for bob and company lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think it's because Bob (and also the recent MLS trends) are heading towards pressing and hitting fast on breaks/causing overloads and for that to work team speed is required. The way we played previously is being phased out now in MLS and you don't see a lot of it amongst the top drawer MLS sides. I don't see him sacrificing this type of evolution to keep Poz around in a system that wasn't working that well anymore.
    I mean, it's hard to get good attacking midfielders. Maybe if his girlfriend lives there that was part of the equation. Who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

🇲🇽 Carlos Salcedo has been offered to many clubs in Liga MX, but right now the two clubs reportedly most interested in signing him are Juárez and Pachuca. The directors of both clubs have contacted him to gauge his interest.

#TFCLive

[via @mmdeportesmx]

https://www.telediario.mx/deportes/f...arez-y-pachuca

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder what comes from Miami, TAM&GAM or are we going to get a depth player or maybe a combination, will be interesting once it gets officially announced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I think the idea of Poz playing as a TAM player has become a bit over blown. He basically gave a no comment on that when asked and it got twisted into him confirming he would play as a TAM player.
    It's a bit moot now but he outright confirmed he would discuss a non DP salary.

But he just doesn't fit the way Bradley wants to play, so....

Again it's worth saying that four goals and five assists halfway through the season is pretty good hole player production. This is sort of hard to swallow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to take some time for them to gel as a team. Good thing we have San Jose and Chicago coming up.