Page 190 of 193 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193 LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,700 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey jloome...

As a followup to your previous mention...

That Fede secretly visited TO with his family before further considering, even meeting with TFC, to make a decision about playing for us!

Not sure if this was the article you were referencing?

This one is in Italian and from the TuttoJuve fanatic newspaper headlines website.

It references his DAZN Italia interview and cites/confirms him mentioning that adventure; final/2nd paragraph.

Again... Fede sure bops to the beat of a different drummer.

https://www.tuttojuve.com/altre-noti...o-tanto-614439

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Hey jloome...

As a followup to your previous mention...

That Fede secretly visited TO with his family before further considering, even meeting with TFC, to make a decision about playing for us!

Not sure if this was the article you were referencing?

This one is in Italian and from the TuttoJuve fanatic newspaper headlines website.

It references his DAZN Italia interview and cites/confirms him mentioning that adventure; final/2nd paragraph.

Again... Fede sure bops to the beat of a different drummer.

https://www.tuttojuve.com/altre-noti...o-tanto-614439
    Yah, that's it. Or similar. It was a different Juve-centric pub, I believe, but Italian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/ManagerTactical

So Cristiano Ronaldo will be allowed to leave Man United this winter.

He will have played his last World Cup, no UCL contender would sign him to be a starter and he will turn 38 in 2023.

This screams MLS transfer.
    Would be the biggest MLS signing ever, until Messi arrives.

Our new striker ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE would not touch that poisoned chalice for various reasons (I'd be selling my seasons until he left)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

He will have played his last World Cup, no UCL contender would sign him to be a starter and he will turn 38 in 2023.

Our new striker ?
    would never happen.

we already have seat fillers and he genuinely wouldn't work in the type of football we're trying to play.

also doubt he'd come to toronto anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is a Miami player, if he comes to MLS.

Miami have all three DP slots open. They could allow CR7 to pick his core teammates.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any player with this sort of marketing presence plays in the US. Playing in Canada is money left of the table. It’s LA / NY only. Outside possibility of Miami. Nobody else in the conversation for any reason other than to drive up the price the ultimate signor will pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

Our new striker ?
    I’ve been waiting for this to be suggested.

I don’t think anyone in the league has the money to sign him without committing an ownership stake. Not sure it would be worth it either considering you might only get 2-3 years out of him.

I would love to see Cris at the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically our striker will be whoever the FO spot looking decent at the World Cup with an expiring contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget he has a $125M a year offer on the table from Saudi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to bet it, I would wager on him finding a CL club in Europe. If his wage demand is reasonable, ie a better version of what Bale just did, but with Napoli or similar.

If he wants big dollars, I would bet on Japan. There are massive dollars there off the field.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-04-2022 at 07:51 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If I had to bet it, I would wager on him finding a CL club in Europe. If his wage demand is reasonable, ie a better version of what Bale just did, but with Napoli or similar.

If he wants big dollars, I would bet on Japan. There are massive dollars there off the field.
    He’ll take the Saudi offer. He’s amoral and it’s more than anyone else will offer by several miles. With Man Utd having to pick up chunks he was shopped by them, allegedly, during the off-season and no one in Europe wanted a 37-year-old striker with limited mobility and no defense.

edit: and as a reminder from the last time we had one of these … Luis Suarez is playing in Uruguay. the demand for aging stars isn’t what it once was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Berna. His words on the final home match loss:

“I'm very sorry for this game,” said Federico Bernardeschi, with occasional assistance from a translator. “We had more chances in the first half and we didn't score. I'm very sorry because it's the last game at home, in front of our fans. I'm very sorry we didn't win this game.”

“I'm very sorry for how the season ended,” he added. “We lost games we shouldn't have lost. We knew it was difficult this year, but next year, we will [do everything to] win.

This season is very difficult. I arrived in [the middle of] the season and it’s very important for me to get comfortable in the new team. Next season we will try to win, for sure.”

Eliminated from playoff contention, at the end of a long, hard season, unable to capitalize on the good chances created and then conceding late, there was some frustration on the night.

“There was a little bit of frustration in the group,” allowed Bradley. “Maybe.”Bernardeschi agreed, but noted that that is just the other side of the coin.“I'm angry, I feel bad when I lose the ball or I lose passes. This is my myself, no?” he explained. “For me, every ball, every game, is important. It's very important that the passion is in the field because when you have a passion, you have a heart in the field, everything is possible.”

Coming to North America in the prime of his career was a leap of faith. Nothing worth doing ever comes easy.

Bernardeschi believes.“I'm very happy because it's a wonderful city, it's a great society. I spoke with you the first time at the conference, said, ‘we have a great project.’ I chose here because of the project,” he reiterated. “It’s difficult, but my mind thought, ‘perfect.’ This is the way, this path and this road for the project, for the future.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw in Regards to C Ronaldo - I would pass. I want the next DP slot to be someone who can be here for 4 years at least with Berna.

Personally I would love to see Jorginho, his contract with Chelsea ends this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm....this reminds me that the "end of season" interviews will be mid next week & we will might even have off season moves announced by Monday afternoon.

i.e. this thread is about to die

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmm....this reminds me that the "end of season" interviews will be mid next week & we will might even have off season moves announced by Monday afternoon.

bring on the 2023 offseason thread and more arguments about net vs gross salary!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I love Berna. His words on the final home match loss:

“I'm very sorry for this game,” said Federico Bernardeschi, with occasional assistance from a translator. “We had more chances in the first half and we didn't score. I'm very sorry because it's the last game at home, in front of our fans. I'm very sorry we didn't win this game.”

“I'm very sorry for how the season ended,” he added. “We lost games we shouldn't have lost. We knew it was difficult this year, but next year, we will [do everything to] win.

This season is very difficult. I arrived in [the middle of] the season and it’s very important for me to get comfortable in the new team. Next season we will try to win, for sure.”

Eliminated from playoff contention, at the end of a long, hard season, unable to capitalize on the good chances created and then conceding late, there was some frustration on the night.

“There was a little bit of frustration in the group,” allowed Bradley. “Maybe.”Bernardeschi agreed, but noted that that is just the other side of the coin.“I'm angry, I feel bad when I lose the ball or I lose passes. This is my myself, no?” he explained. “For me, every ball, every game, is important. It's very important that the passion is in the field because when you have a passion, you have a heart in the field, everything is possible.”

Coming to North America in the prime of his career was a leap of faith. Nothing worth doing ever comes easy.

Bernardeschi believes.“I'm very happy because it's a wonderful city, it's a great society. I spoke with you the first time at the conference, said, ‘we have a great project.’ I chose here because of the project,” he reiterated. “It’s difficult, but my mind thought, ‘perfect.’ This is the way, this path and this road for the project, for the future.”
    Berna’s pure class and not a bad footballer. Every once in awhile I think about the many contributors on this site who were dead set against Berna coming here and I have a chuckle

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I’ve been waiting for this to be suggested.

I don’t think anyone in the league has the money to sign him without committing an ownership stake. Not sure it would be worth it either considering you might only get 2-3 years out of him.

I would love to see Cris at the club.
    Has his legal problem in America been resolved? I heard a deal there was a payment made to the victim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Has his legal problem in America been resolved? I heard a deal there was a payment made to the victim.
    Last I heard it was done. There was a payment before and more recently a judge threw it out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

victor wanyama is not re-signing in montreal.

now that would be a great signing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Wow that crept up quickly.

Can’t wait to see what they do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently at Kloke’s book launch event, Michael Singh said he expects TFC to use their annual buyout on Jimenez.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Apparently at Kloke’s book launch event, Michael Singh said he expects TFC to use their annual buyout on Jimenez.
    If true, basically confirms that they have a DP striker coming this winter...

Also the outgoings list this year is growing if true:

Jiminez
    Oso (maybe)
    Mavinga (likely)
    Bono
    Westberg

That's 4 mill in salary to use on decent CBs, a gk and some CMs.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-05-2022 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Berna’s pure class and not a bad footballer. Every once in awhile I think about the many contributors on this site who were dead set against Berna coming here and I have a chuckle
    Now imagine him with a true striker to play off of. He will light the league up next year i believe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Jimenez has enough value that they could still get a transfer back to Europe for him. Maybe not what we paid, but something. Unless it's just a way to make it easier and allow Jimenez to go wherever he wants, rather than searching for a move.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They buyout is always a last minute just before the season starts thing.

You don't plan to use a buyout - you try to move the player first.

(Betting site journalism has more in common with FM then reality)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely insane if true.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Absolutely insane if true.
    Tells us a lot about Bob Bradley, isn’t Jimenez his first acquisition?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just on the Jimenez rumor - I wasn't there, so just sharing what I read on another TFC discussion Discord. The word "expect" could mean its just what Singh thinks could happen and isn't based on any inside info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no way we need a buyout on Jiminez.

I would expect that Jiminez has value elsewhere in MLS. The guy had some success, and has a good pedigree. The Lawrence and Poz stories will embolden others to believe that we continue to be a good source for quality veterans acquired for nothing.

Plus I am sure he still has value in Europe.