Page 145 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Showing your age there

An A320....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe need to be thinking faster and future... B.8000G or V.GalacticM3?
    It's all about 'now'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe all this chatter signals some sort of arbitrary deadline by TFC is at play and a decision is looming?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Maybe all this chatter signals some sort of arbitrary deadline by TFC is at play and a decision is looming?

If we're smart and still want this guy we shouldn't mention that we can still register free agents after the MLS window closes.

However, I would move on to more pressing needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could it also be that some of these guys want to give the impression of having tried to stay in Europe. Even though they really want the MLS money, they just don't want to instantly take the offer and then being seen as that's what they are chasing. $$$.

This way it would maybe show to the Italian Coach that they "tried" to stay in Series A so they won't be left off the national team?

I now that's out there lol but just a thought.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 mill euros net is a big salary to those teams, doubtful they add a guy basically this late in the window on that salary on a whim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    3 mill euros net is a big salary to those teams, doubtful they add a guy basically this late in the window on that salary on a whim.
    He would be a very expensive backup at Roma and Valencia has tens of millions in debt.

I have no idea if he's going to come to TFC, but you are 100% right, he is an expensive free agent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two very common negotiation ploys in effect here. Either Belotti's agent wants to secure an extra couple million from TFC and is throwing out Valencia and Roma's names to secure that or Belotti's agent is throwing out TFC's name to get an extra million or two from those other teams. Either way, we are being linked to players in the same breath as Roma, Valencia and Napoli. I do seriously doubt Belotti comes to TFC. This is all a huge win in terms of becoming the biggest name team in MLS though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    There are two very common negotiation ploys in effect here. Either Belotti's agent wants to secure an extra couple million from TFC and is throwing out Valencia and Roma's names to secure that or Belotti's agent is throwing out TFC's name to get an extra million or two from those other teams. Either way, we are being linked to players in the same breath as Roma, Valencia and Napoli. I do seriously doubt Belotti comes to TFC. This is all a huge win in terms of becoming the biggest name team in MLS though.
    \well he's been on the verge of signing for both valencia and roma today, despite it being questionable that either could afford him lol.

both can't be true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've read, Roma will only sign Belotti if they can offload current backup Shomurodov first. Torino are interested (coincidentally) in Shomurodov, but nothing is imminent.

If it drags out another week, I can see Belotti taking TFC's money rather than taking a gamble and letting the ship sail, at which point it would be up to the club to convince him it wasn't a mistake.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    From what I've read, Roma will only sign Belotti if they can offload current backup Shomurodov first. Torino are interested (coincidentally) in Shomurodov, but nothing is imminent.

If it drags out another week, I can see Belotti taking TFC's money rather than taking a gamble and letting the ship sail, at which point it would be up to the club to convince him it wasn't a mistake.
    i think if he comes we'll be fine, the benefit of having a team with 3 (possibly 4) italians, and some italian canadians.

but yeah, being backup striker at roma, who aren't even in the ucl, isn't exactly the type of dream move to forgo generational wealth for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\well he's been on the verge of signing for both valencia and roma today, despite it being questionable that either could afford him lol.

both can't be true
    If everything we have heard is true, Belotti can either come here and get paid a metric shit ton of money or go back up Maxi Gomez or Tammy Abraham.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If everything we have heard is true, Belotti can either come here and get paid a metric shit ton of money or go back up Maxi Gomez or Tammy Abraham.
    a tfc source told steve buffery at the sun "they have been following belotti for a year"...

not the usual denial, for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a tfc source told steve buffery at the sun "they have been following belotti for a year"...

not the usual denial, for sure.
    Wow, really? That in an article Steve wrote or on Twitter?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, really? That in an article Steve wrote or on Twitter?
    https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...and-ceppitelli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. This may of given me a lot more hope. Insigne/Belotti/Bernardeschi is a front three that most UEL teams would die for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. This may of given me a lot more hope. Insigne/Belotti/Bernardeschi is a front three that most UEL teams would die for.
    Holy smokes - that is something.

TFC rarely acknowledges any interest in a player unless there is a real chance.

Happy Friday everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

AKA, 'Pizza Al Kilometro'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, and if it has some relevance to him at all in any equation, then Belotti has a better chance at UEFA League Cup Tiers w/Roma than Valencia.
    Which, in turn, may work to our benefit in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Belotti play at Bologna last year.
    Torino were losing.
    He came on 10 minutes before the end and scored 2 (3?) goals.
    Now, of course, Bologna are owned by Joey Saputo...
    He struck me as 1) big and strong, and 2) purely a goal scoring centre forward (which, with Lorry and Freddie, is fine).
    I'd still prioritize an experienced MLS right back, rather than continuing to play Kosi out of position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a solid reason JMR is not getting minutes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from that...

If Ceppitelli arrives and is reliable and decent as Mimmo...

Think of it!
    Would it be a MLS first?
    Other than LigaMX maybe?
    Though I suspect certainly from a European league?
    That 6 footballers, more than half of a starting MLS match line-up would be from SerieA?
    MB, DC, LI, FB, AB and LC.
    Wow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    Is there a solid reason JMR is not getting minutes?
    In my view, which seems like it’ll be an unpopular opinion , I trust BB’s judgement. It wouldn’t surprise me if many of our young guys have an ego around their ability but mentally can’t keep pace with the game. Kosi hasn’t been great as of late but he must be doing something right at training and he’s more physically mature than JMR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder why we didn't take some players on loan if we were going to have first-team spaces unfilled.

Every team does it. We did it with Gallagher a few seasons back. If ever a short-term move like that made sense it was this season, when such a player could've solidified the first-team lineup and allowed younger players to come in later in games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder why we didn't take some players on loan if we were going to have first-team spaces unfilled.
    This is a fine question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    In my view, which seems like it’ll be an unpopular opinion , I trust BB’s judgement. It wouldn’t surprise me if many of our young guys have an ego around their ability but mentally can’t keep pace with the game. Kosi hasn’t been great as of late but he must be doing something right at training and he’s more physically mature than JMR.
    I agree, being 18-20 and on TFC 1 I'd imagine some of the young guys do have an ego, but JMR just tried out with Liverpool, MCU, Chelsea, City... And he IS actually good. I thought some EPL teams wanted him but had to wait until he was 18?

In regard to Thomson... I personally think he's horrible. His passing is atrocious; he gets picked off half the time, and he sends the ball nowhere a majority of the time.
    The problem with the kids, and I see this alot with Nelson, is that he specifically tries to do it all. But as you say, maybe that's his Ego. Many times I've seen Nelson take shots when far better options were available, or he's given a pass from one of the DP's but FUBAR's it up. Either he can't catch it, messes up the play, or squanders the shot on goal.

Maybe he should put Thompson up in Nelson's spot, and then JMR in Thompsons at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhhh?

Is this Steve Buffery referencing 'The Other Forbes' in his recent article about Belotti & Ceppitelli?

"According to TransfersMLS, TFC has offered Belotti $10 million per season and the ball is now in the Italian’s court as to whether he accepts the deal."

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...and-ceppitelli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bet Vanney wishes he'd stayed now that we have the wingers he always wanted 😂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is a fine question.
    Maybe it requires more time, more of an effort, and a different kind of skill set than either BM and BB have?
    To work the phones for such acquisitions that may make sense?
    Relationships and contacts?

Anyways, I wonder if BB has tried to connect with FB by sharing stories about Mo Salah yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every team does it. We did it with Gallagher a few seasons back. If ever a short-term move like that made sense it was this season, when such a player could've solidified the first-team lineup and allowed younger players to come in later in games.
    I think the simple answer is that Bradley, once training camp opened, was too busy coaching to deal with this sort of stuff and the rest of the front office was not capable of it either.

Also, I think Bradley is secure enough in his position to build slowly from the ground up, and he wanted to find out exactly what he had left of a roster including internal signings.

Vanney, from the start, always had the pressure to win… hence he played the kids in moderation and one at a time (except for a total disaster of a champions league match away in panama).