Page 147 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I've only read the Google translation but it doesn't sound good in Toronto

https://www.tudn.com/futbol/mls/pozu...entrenar-video (there is a CC button below where you can get the text)

He wanted out
    TFC 'lost' or started to 'lose' Pozuelo the minute after they began spending extended periods of time in Orlando, Florida.
    Y2020 w/ MLS Is Back and especially Y2021 w/ Pre & First Half Season.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-31-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kerr/jesus/Ayo aren't going to get it done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belotti is going to Roma, according to Italian papers today.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/07/3...44-cap-phenom/

Jesus is just on a cold streak. Needs to get in sync with new teammates and Oso has been out. That's never instant for strikers, it takes a few games. He's also had two ruled out for offside in the last two games as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Belotti is going to Roma, according to Italian papers today.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/07/3...44-cap-phenom/

Jesus is just on a cold streak. Needs to get in sync with new teammates and Oso has been out. That's never instant for strikers, it takes a few games. He's also had two ruled out for offside in the last two games as well.
    I am ok with Belotti going to Roma. If he is willing to walk away from millions to stay in Italy, we should consider ourselves lucky. We want people who want to be here.

Making the playoffs in 2022 is a nice to have, not a must. 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026 are our years to shine. I am ok with spending the rest of the year figuring out how to play together and we need in the offseason.

After 3 games, 1 goal conceded, 5 scored, and some of the most exciting football we've seen in a long time, I am confident we are on the right track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I've only read the Google translation but it doesn't sound good in Toronto

https://www.tudn.com/futbol/mls/pozu...entrenar-video (there is a CC button below where you can get the text)

He wanted out
    His quotes here seem to line up with what I've been seeing on the pitch. The players really don't seem to care much for each other. A lot of going through motions, even the youngsters. Many probably just want this season to be over. In this sense, Salcedo was a big loss. Bill and Bob will need to do more than throw money around to fix this issue. And I hope Bob isn't part of the problem.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    His quotes here seem to line up with what I've been seeing on the pitch. The players really don't seem to care much for each other. A lot of going through motions, even the youngsters. Many probably just want this season to be over. In this sense, Salcedo was a big loss. Bill and Bob will need to do more than throw money around to fix this issue. And I hope Bob isn't part of the problem.
    what did he say?

can't find the translation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    what did he say?

can't find the translation
    Google Translate failed for the most part, likely because the transcription is rough. (You can read it by clicking "open transcription" near the bottom.) Basically, there's a bad locker room here that he's happy to be out of.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Google Translate failed for the most part, likely because the transcription is rough. (You can read it by clicking "open transcription" near the bottom.) Basically, there's a bad locker room here that he's happy to be out of.
    All due respect to Poz , but his numbers have been brutal the last year and a half , not gonna miss him. Bad locker room was last year, I don’t see it with the new players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would struggle to think of a team that has a good locker room and loses as much as we have this year.

With the turnover and everything going on it’s complicated. Maybe things are bad but fixable and no one individual (or group) is at fault. Tough to judge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omar made a comment about the Revs having a good locker room as being one one the reasons he looked forward to joining them when he left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael being captain and having your dad as the boss is probably not a good dynamic long term, regardless of how he is playing this team needs a new captain for the long term, we have several players now who can fill that role.

We can already start to see that's it no longer his team, the Italian's will want the security to freely communicate amongst the team without a potential mole.

As long as we win it will be all good, but if next year does not start off you could be seeing a lot interesting headlines in the Italian papers.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-31-2022 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post

Making the playoffs in 2022 is a nice to have, not a must. 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026 are our years to shine. I am ok with spending the rest of the year figuring out how to play together and we need in the offseason.
    I'm afraid Insigne will be kind of done for the 25 and 26 seasons, I mean how old he'll be by then? His speed, which is important very much is his play's efficiency will be too much diminished by those seasons IMO. We'll still have Berna though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I'm afraid Insigne will be kind of done for the 25 and 26 seasons, I mean how old he'll be by then? His speed, which is important very much is his play's efficiency will be too much diminished by those seasons IMO. We'll still have Berna though...
    He’ll be 33 well into the 2025 season and can play several positions so he should still be a very useful player if the manager understands how to use him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    He’ll be 33 well into the 2025 season and can play several positions so he should still be a very useful player if the manager understands how to use him.
    The two new Designated Players will be the last thing that any supporters will need to worry about, realistically we will not make the playoffs this year because of the other players on the field , the Coach and GM must take the blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    At the start of the '25 season he will be 33. It would be shocking to me if a player of his quality, who stays at fit as he does, is past it at 33 years old. Italian strikers also age like a fine wine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago is 2 points out of a playoff spot and they are dreadful, we are only 4 points back from them, if we address some holes on the back end the playoffs are still possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings boys. Came back refreshed from the Florida Keys...saw the humilating loss in Vancouver....and then the tie NE in a must win....

Same questoions before the italians arrived. (and I love them by the way but they can't do it by themselves).

Have we got a RB?

Have we got a CB?

Have we got anyone with a pulse to replace the dreadful and way past it MB? Let me guess (since I didn't watch the Vancouver and NE games), MB started and played all 90 yet again?

Have we fired clueless Manning yet?

Is the useless BB fired yet? His "system" sure doesn't seem to work with or without superstars. Can him and Manning NOW, and lets start coming back to our rightful throne as kings of MLS.

Cheers boys, good to be back here even though Key West, Miami, and Palm Beach were great...though was fried by the end, its non stop heat down there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

I asked Michael Bradley during today's media scrum about his future and his contract. Told us he's not worried about it and that things will get sorted out. Sounds like he expects to be back at #TFCLive beyond this season.

For the love of God, please no. He is absolutey done. Has no legs. But yes, he'll be hack, no way coach daddy doesn't get him back and overpay him as well. MB will not go quietly into the night...he literally NEVER comes off no matter what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Greetings boys. Came back refreshed from the Florida Keys...saw the humilating loss in Vancouver....and then the tie NE in a must win....

Same questoions before the italians arrived. (and I love them by the way but they can't do it by themselves).

Have we got a RB?

Have we got a CB?

Have we got anyone with a pulse to replace the dreadful and way past it MB? Let me guess (since I didn't watch the Vancouver and NE games), MB started and played all 90 yet again?

Have we fired clueless Manning yet?

Is the useless BB fired yet? His "system" sure doesn't seem to work with or without superstars. Can him and Manning NOW, and lets start coming back to our rightful throne as kings of MLS.

Cheers boys, good to be back here even though Key West, Miami, and Palm Beach were great...though was fried by the end, its non stop heat down there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the love of God, please no. He is absolutey done. Has no legs. But yes, he'll be hack, no way coach daddy doesn't get him back and overpay him as well. MB will not go quietly into the night...he literally NEVER comes off no matter what.
    https://youtu.be/5s7_WbiR79E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    They need to go 1-1-1 to advance.

Canada already exceeded all expectations.

Dec 1 is probably where canada gets their W.

Croatia is old.

Davies is game changer. Ill be there and expect rd 16 game, already have SF and QF if they make it would be wonderful.

lol

Let me guess, you watched sportsnet or these other canadian media that have no understanding or interest in/ about european players, in particular power nations like recent WC finalist Croatia? I read when we got grouped with Canada how it was all about "croatia is old" and finished etc...and articles even said Mandzukic and Rakitic are "old" . Mandzo is retired, and Rakitic is still at the top of his game with Sevilla though he has retired from the Croatian NT.

Some I think even said Ososio (LOL) is better than Luka Modric...lol. Come on guys, lets not get carried away....

Luka Modric may be "old" but still is the best midfielder in the world. Did you see what he just did in the CL run for the kings of europe, Real madrid? Masterclass performances vs Psg, chelsea, etc..and the way he undressed the some hack from liverpool on the buildup to the winning goal was a thing of beauty.

Luka will literally have the Osorio, Estacio (spelling), plus anyone else Herdman tries to double/triple team Luka running in circles. And then there is Kovacic and Brozovic, who are world class.

Perisic, will take whomever tries and covers him to school on the left side. it won't be pretty.

So I wonder who is "old" on Croatia? 20 year old heart of the defence and next world class defender Josko Gvardiol? Other youngsters in the back like Sosa, Stanisic? Caleta Car? Hardly old. Plus waiting the wings 19 year old mega talent Luka Sucic? Etc...Croatia has talent all over the park, all ages, with great talent coming as well...a veritable pipleline of talent.

Croatia will dominate Canada, lets not kid overselves, so please show a bit of respect towards them. We just went away to Denmark and beat them..then went Paris (where Luka pulled the strings both games) and beat France who had both Mbappe and Benzeman play. So no, Croatia is not "old". And Luke like a fine wine gets better with age. You'll see how "old" he is as he has the Canadians chasing his shadow and then lining up post game and fighting amongst themselves to get his shirt.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 08-01-2022 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've got other problems...

Like it or not, he won't be 'addressed' till the next summer window or that following winter-off season window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    The two new Designated Players will be the last thing that any supporters will need to worry about, realistically we will not make the playoffs this year because of the other players on the field , the Coach and GM must take the blame.
    Fully agreed.

I just hope the Italians don't get pissed off and start lashing out bb and mb and the rest around them out of frustration...but then again, it could be a good thing, might force mlse to get rid of manning and the bradleys and start to get competency back in running the club. And back to winning ways.

We have the highest payroll in the league and even garbage like Vancouver and Monreal who are on shoe string budgets recently beat us. Its all on BB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L'ATTACCO FA PARTITE, LA DIFESA DA CAMPIONATI!

While 'the best defense is a good offense'...

A few more unsung heroes...
    Like Mimmo going about their business quietly.

As well as others like JO, MAK?, JMR? and LM?
    Added with still some incoming?
    Who knows what may happen?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-01-2022 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Grammar

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

Let me guess, you watched sportsnet or these other canadian media that have no understanding or interest in/ about european players, in particular power nations like recent WC finalist Croatia? I read when we got grouped with Canada how it was all about "croatia is old" and finished etc...and articles even said Mandzukic and Rakitic are "old" . Mandzo is retired, and Rakitic is still at the top of his game with Sevilla though he has retired from the Croatian NT.

Some I think even said Ososio (LOL) is better than Luka Modric...lol. Come on guys, lets not get carried away....

Luka Modric may be "old" but still is the best midfielder in the world. Did you see what he just did in the CL run for the kings of europe, Real madrid? Masterclass performances vs Psg, chelsea, etc..and the way he undressed the some hack from liverpool on the buildup to the winning goal was a thing of beauty.

Luka will literally have the Osorio, Estacio (spelling), plus anyone else Herdman tries to double/triple team Luka running in circles. And then there is Kovacic and Brozovic, who are world class.

Perisic, will take whomever tries and covers him to school on the left side. it won't be pretty.

So I wonder who is "old" on Croatia? 20 year old heart of the defence and next world class defender Josko Gvardiol? Other youngsters in the back like Sosa, Stanisic? Caleta Car? Hardly old. Plus waiting the wings 19 year old mega talent Luka Sucic? Etc...Croatia has talent all over the park, all ages, with great talent coming as well...a veritable pipleline of talent.

Croatia will dominate Canada, lets not kid overselves, so please show a bit of respect towards them. We just went away to Denmark and beat them..then went Paris (where Luka pulled the strings both games) and beat France who had both Mbappe and Benzeman play. So no, Croatia is not "old". And Luke like a fine wine gets better with age. You'll see how "old" he is as he has the Canadians chasing his shadow and then lining up post game and fighting amongst themselves to get his shirt.

Cheers.
    Exactly Hala anyone that even remotely follows European soccer knows that Croatia is full of World Class players, I mean sure anything can happen in a Football match, but I won’t be wagering one thin dime in Canada winning a game, I believe the best they do is come up with a tie against Morocco and even that is questionable. You’re right seems like a lot of fans right now are watching to much Sportsnet and One Soccer listening to Gareth Wheeler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Exactly Hala anyone that even remotely follows European soccer knows that Croatia is full of World Class players, I mean sure anything can happen in a Football match, but I won’t be wagering one thin dime in Canada winning a game, I believe the best they do is come up with a tie against Morocco and even that is questionable. You’re right seems like a lot of fans right now are watching to much Sportsnet and One Soccer listening to Gareth Wheeler
    Well said brother. Always love your posts...keep them coming!

Canada's best hope is to steal a point vs Morocco and then use this WC as an experience for 2026. The chances vs big boys Belgium and "old" Croatia are slim and none. And slim just left town.

I think at least some of the Canadian players like Oso and Davies recognize what they are up against and said nice things about Croatia because they know footie...."analysts" like Wheeler and Singh couldn't name 2 players on Croatia (and I think? they have at least heard of Modric ( I hope?) so bascially they couldn't name anyone else...even if Croatia went to the WC final and has had players on CL winners 10 years in a row.

That being said, I'll be cheering Canada on whenever they play apart from Croatia. I remember the old days and going to qualifiers like vs Mexico at Varisty stadium, it was practially a green out of Mexicans and Canada never had a chance. Now at least can go toe to toe with them and the US. Going against the big boys of Europe and Brazil/Argentina is something else though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-01-2022 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fully agreed.

I just hope the Italians don't get pissed off and start lashing out bb and mb and the rest around them out of frustration...but then again, it could be a good thing, might force mlse to get rid of manning and the bradleys and start to get competency back in running the club. And back to winning ways.

We have the highest payroll in the league and even garbage like Vancouver and Monreal who are on shoe string budgets recently beat us. Its all on BB.
    Rogers, Bell & Tanenbaum will expect results with so much $ being spent, and they will look at BB (probably first) and Manning if things don't go well. Also, if Insigne isn't having it in the future with MB and BB, I would imagine his agent could talk directly to MLSE where as I don't know if Insigne could go around Manning and Co. Who knows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I agree with the general point here. Canada's better chance for points is against Belgium. Not saying that a result against Belgium is likely. I am sure we will get into this in the fall.

Re the roster, I have no idea who this is but I found it insightful

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Re the roster, I have no idea who this is but I found it insightful
    Very, very, very, insightful!
    A MLS or TFC/MLSE insider?
    Only similar RPBF poster... noxx98?
    Another?