Page 62 of 193 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    No way O’Neil goes. Bono feels like one possibility. Maybe Bez wants more of our youth?

Ayo wouldn’t surprise me to be honest.
    Vancouver was interested in Ayo over the off season. I feel like his sell on potential means TFC would keep him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

A trade could be on the horizon... Although it's classic Wheeler, saying a lot without saying anything at all.
    He's teeing this up as a blockbuster it seems like to me...Salcedo to a Texas team? Poz to another MLS side? Bono/Westberg out the door?

EDIT: Singh is reporting it involves a DP and is depended on other transactions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh adds that it involves a DP. So either Poz or Salcedo. I'd guess Salcedo is more likely to be traded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its a big intra MLS move one of the Yank ITKs will drop something soon enough. A Tenorio/Bogert/Goff type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    A trade within MLS has me thinking Bono is on the way out.

Other names I'd suspect - Achara, Shaff and maybe O'Neill. It's hard to pick out who might be worth some assets tbh.

Because it's MLS and crazy is sometimes normal, my wild prediction is JMR with TFC retaining the sell-on.
    We should honestly do just that with JMR. He reportedly had deals in front of him from multiple teams in the winter. The better opportunity is elsewhere for his development and for TFC economically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Miami have a dp spot available? Or a DP we’d take in exchange for Poz? Just going by the fact Poz was there earlier in the week. Maybe Higuain who kind of fits into the Italian sourcing strategy?

Most likely Salcedo though.
    Last edited by Stress; 07-05-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Miami able to use all their DP spots given the sanctions on the over Matudi?

All the Texas teams seem to be able to buy down a couple of their DPs each. St.Louis has a spot open for next year. Colorado and RSL have spots open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Are Miami able to use all their DP spots given the sanctions on the over Matudi?

All the Texas teams seem to be able to buy down a couple of their DPs each. St.Louis has a spot open for next year. Colorado and RSL have spots open.
    To Colorado for Kaye would be perfect 👌🏻

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m just glad we’re talking about major changes. This roster needs a serious overhaul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    He's teeing this up as a blockbuster it seems like to me...Salcedo to a Texas team? Poz to another MLS side? Bono/Westberg out the door?

EDIT: Singh is reporting it involves a DP and is depended on other transactions
    Tyler Pasher to Toronto? Plays on the right side of a forward line, Canadian. Not expensive, probably depth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoilett re-signed with Reading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti

Junior Hoilett opts to stay in England ahead of the World Cup @TSNSoccer

We're very pleased to confirm that @jnrhoilett has penned a new one-year deal with the Royals 📝

Taking his career appearances past the 400 mark and qualifying for a World Cup last year as a Royal... 🍁

And now he's linked up with the team on camp at St George's Park this week!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoillett has re-signed with Reading. So those god awful convos can die now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked John if he sees Poz in training.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Pozuelo working inside today, I am told.

No sign of Salcedo out there. Bob Bradley said last week he's dealing with family issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    I asked John if he sees Poz in training.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Pozuelo working inside today, I am told.

No sign of Salcedo out there. Bob Bradley said last week he's dealing with family issues.
    Putting a tinfoil hat on....He's either not there or they are wrapping in cotton wool so he doesn't get any knocks in training and jeopardize a move...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choose the wrong day to sleep in. Looks like business could be really picking up. I'll maintain my thought process that Bob would be happy to get Blessing in a trade and that Salcedo might be heading to Houston, who are really trying to tap into the Mexican market down there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pozuelo for Walker Zimmerman trade. That's my own rumour that I'm starting here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This argument is going around in circles because people refuse your core contention that “top managers” using him as a player means that he would dominate MLS.

But the key part, which both yourself and Sec223 keep steadfastly refusing to debate, is that HE PRODUCES NOTHING OFFENSIVELY.
    I'll bite on this one. Pre-MLS Vela stats aren't outrageously better than Bernardeschi. Vela produced much better in league games, Berna better in CL/EL/NT settings. Vela's goal scoring obviously at a premium, but sounds like FBs defensive workrate is much higher than Vela's.

That's the issue with DPs is you could get Seba, you could get Defoe, or settle for a Piatti/Salcedo.

FB would be a wait and see for sure, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off a player whos been on a top team in a top league for much of his career while featuring on one of the strongest national teams.

Berna G A M Min/(G+A)
    Serie A 22 26 10,974 229
    CL 2 8 1,388 139
    EL 8 1 988 110
    NT 6 6 1,734 145
    38 41 15,084 191
    Vela G A M Min/(G+A)
    LaLiga + EPL 74 47 19,080 158
    CL 3 0 1,085 362
    EL 0 0 143 0
    NT 19 9 4,436 158
    96 56 24,744 163

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Berna's numbers with Juve aren't incredible, but does that have more to do with how he's asked to play? When he's playing with the likes of Ronaldo, Morata, Dybala and Vlahovic they can carry a lot of the offensive burden. From watching some highlight videos he seems to track back a lot and recover the ball in his own zone before starting an attack. With TFC he would likely be relied on more for offense and not asked to track back nearly as much. That could make his scoring numbers look a bit better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hot take prediction is:

Poz gets swapped for Higuain. Salcedo is sold to a Mexican team. Bernardeschi is signed as a DP (Holiett was strung along as the back up but I think they now know and told him to move on).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    I'll bite on this one. Pre-MLS Vela stats aren't outrageously better than Bernardeschi. Vela produced much better in league games, Berna better in CL/EL/NT settings. Vela's goal scoring obviously at a premium, but sounds like FBs defensive workrate is much higher than Vela's.

That's the issue with DPs is you could get Seba, you could get Defoe, or settle for a Piatti/Salcedo.

FB would be a wait and see for sure, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off a player whos been on a top team in a top league for much of his career while featuring on one of the strongest national teams.

Berna G A M Min/(G+A)
    Serie A 22 26 10,974 229
    CL 2 8 1,388 139
    EL 8 1 988 110
    NT 6 6 1,734 145
    38 41 15,084 191
    Vela G A M Min/(G+A)
    LaLiga + EPL 74 47 19,080 158
    CL 3 0 1,085 362
    EL 0 0 143 0
    NT 19 9 4,436 158
    96 56 24,744 163
    ? Dude, by your own numbers, Vela was literally twice as offensively productive per minute, or near enough. It’s not even close.

Noxx, that makes the most sense to me. He has developed as a mostly defensive player who links up play earlier than the final zone.

As I said, he started 16 game as a wingback last year. If he’s good in that role, we certainly need one on the right side. I have no quarrel with a DP who is effective defensively, not on this team.

But signing him as a pure right winger would seem to make little sense.
    Last edited by jloome; 07-05-2022 at 11:35 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of folks on here talking about Poz moving...if he is willing to take less than DP to stay in Toronto as reported a while back why would we want to part with him? He could be an asset as a non-DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Pozuelo for Walker Zimmerman trade. That's my own rumour that I'm starting here.
    I do not recall, did he and BB part on ok terms?

Could Walter Zimmerman possibly be involved in this in any way? More like some sort of three way deal?

Having trouble picturing Poz in Nashville.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Lots of folks on here talking about Poz moving...if he is willing to take less than DP to stay in Toronto as reported a while back why would we want to part with him? He could be an asset as a non-DP.
    He doesn’t fit Bradley’s system. They’ve tried to get him to do things differently but I don’t think they see it working or necessary to keep him (even on lower $).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vela scored 2 goals in la liga the year before he joined LAFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the writing is on the wall I guess. The Poz era is disappointing, he had one outstanding year and then just fizzled out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I think the idea of Poz playing as a TAM player has become a bit over blown. He basically gave a no comment on that when asked and it got twisted into him confirming he would play as a TAM player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I think the idea of Poz playing as a TAM player has become a bit over blown. He basically gave a no comment on that when asked and it got twisted into him confirming he would play as a TAM player.
    Fair enough. I just heard about it but didn't know the details. Thought it was not out of the realm of possibility if he would take the MB approach for the team. Maybe not though. Maybe he wants to go the Giovinco approach instead.
    Last edited by Joe Kool; 07-05-2022 at 11:57 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo still exists and still is holding up a DP slot - why is Poz the one heading out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Salcedo still exists and still is holding up a DP slot - why is Poz the one heading out?
    I think Salcedo is for certain given the family stuff but I think they are trying for Poz too. Someone on Twitter said he’s following Miami now too but could be bs.