Page 3 of 193 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    jloome, this is in general of your sandbox, what is protocol? Am I missing something, what gives?
    Did KK just call out a Tweeter for posting a narrative she herself discussed with other colleagues?
    One of whom 'broke it', on the very podcast the Tweeter is referencing?
    Am I wrong in my understanding?
    Shouldn't KK as a journo/broadcaster/pundit be stating, my colleague- AP misspoke, was misinformed, we discussed something not factually correct, etc... ?
    Not confirm in her own tweet 'this is a lie' referencing the original Tweet/Tweeter.
    Maybe I am misreading the way it is being presented, but to me it is coming across with a kind of attitude implying 'why did you perpetuate this' towards the Tweeter.
    She seems to be throwing the Tweeter under the bus and not her colleague Edit or herself!
    Shes chucking Petrillo under the bus but it may be inadvertent if she knows Andi’s source. She’s not considering the appearance of it because she knows Petrillo and knows Andi is aware to whom she referred.

So shes calling out the “tip” as bullshit but missing the implied insult to her coworker, would be
    my guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He isn't match fit is my guess. English teams are just about peaking in terms of fitness and performance. He was already most likely a rotational player at best, then factor in him being in off season mode, and the general increased requirements to play in the championship.

He needs to stop looking for a way out get up to fitness. Then give a good go for next year's PL or Championship season.
    Looking at Nottingham's matches in the past month, Laryea last sat on the bench on Feb9th after returning from the National Team break and there's been 3 matches since then when he's not even on the bench. For all the denials, there's something rotten in the state of the Forest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He isn't match fit is my guess. English teams are just about peaking in terms of fitness and performance. He was already most likely a rotational player at best, then factor in him being in off season mode, and the general increased requirements to play in the championship.

He needs to stop looking for a way out get up to fitness. Then give a good go for next year's PL or Championship season.
    Sorry but fitness isn’t the issue. He was perfectly fine fitness wise the week before he joined NF while playing heavy minutes for CMNT. The issue is he simply hasn’t been good enough at practice to have his number called.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's behind players who have the manager's backing at the moment. I don't know why we're looking for some scandal in this. Happens at every club in europe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Sorry but fitness isn’t the issue. He was perfectly fine fitness wise the week before he joined NF while playing heavy minutes for CMNT. The issue is he simply hasn’t been good enough at practice to have his number called.
    This is it and lots of us have TFC/CMNT blinders on again.

I like Richie. I think he is great and definitely offers a lot going forward but he does get caught out a lot and isn't the most defensively responsible FB. I am sure they realize this and are working his defending & defensive awareness up to the level of Championship promotion battle level football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    He's behind players who have the manager's backing at the moment. I don't know why we're looking for some scandal in this. Happens at every club in europe.
    I think this is it. Djed Spence has been linked to Bayern, Spurs and Arsenal amongst others this summer. He will be a Premier League wingback next year for sure. Richie isn't taking that spot. Begs the question why he went though as he wasn't ever breaking into the first team. Hopefully has the foresight to know it's really about next season for him if he works hard.

Nottingham Forest plays Sheffield United today btw. They're just above them in the table, so this game will be a good sign if Nottingham Forest is for real or a pretender for the playoffs. Also is on Dazn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thread here I stumbled across on Laryea and why he's not playing from a Canadian Forrest fan: https://twitter.com/TomasWalker/stat...74254405910533

I hope things work out for him but this does seem like poor homework done by his agent. 0 appearances this long after a transfer is not normal and not a great sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Good thread here I stumbled across on Laryea and why he's not playing from a Canadian Forrest fan: https://twitter.com/TomasWalker/stat...74254405910533

I hope things work out for him but this does seem like poor homework done by his agent. 0 appearances this long after a transfer is not normal and not a great sign.
    Yeah I agree with everything he's saying. Lowe has been really solid too. I think this game today will be a real bellweather of whether they have a shot at the playoffs or not. Things may open up for Richie in the last five games or so if they're not realistically in it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah I agree with everything he's saying. Lowe has been really solid too. I think this game today will be a real bellweather of whether they have a shot at the playoffs or not. Things may open up for Richie in the last five games or so if they're not realistically in it.
    I agree - but it's crazy how tight the race is right now. 5 points separate 5th to 10th and there are still 12 or 13 games left. Lots of points available. Poor timing for Richie. If they were further out, maybe he gets a chance to show what he can do. Would be nice to get him some games, so I don't see a loan for a few months being out of the question, but it's probably better for him to be training over there for the time being...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is it and lots of us have TFC/CMNT blinders on again.

I like Richie. I think he is great and definitely offers a lot going forward but he does get caught out a lot and isn't the most defensively responsible FB. I am sure they realize this and are working his defending & defensive awareness up to the level of Championship promotion battle level football.
    This is the most likely explanation at the moment. You being the Nottingham coach will be lionized as the one who elevates this historic team back into the PL. You find out your new purchase cannot remotely contribute nor do you even want to placate the situation as your fan base is focused on the excitement of promotion ... so, this is really nothing to do about nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I agree - but it's crazy how tight the race is right now. 5 points separate 5th to 10th and there are still 12 or 13 games left. Lots of points available. Poor timing for Richie. If they were further out, maybe he gets a chance to show what he can do. Would be nice to get him some games, so I don't see a loan for a few months being out of the question, but it's probably better for him to be training over there for the time being...
    It's always that tight. People underrate the Championship but it's a serious pressure cooker if you're in and around any of the promotion/playoff spots. You can't drop points or take a game off. At least being in that atmosphere will be good for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

This guy makes a lot of sense. The other fact to consider is that Forest thought they might lose Spence to a bid in the January window, as he's Middlesbrough's player to sell. When that didn't happen, his chance to impress sort of went out the window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA Galaxy II signed TFC2 player Dante Campbell. He was in the first team pre-season camp earlier this year. Mike Munoz, TFC2's coach last year, joined LAG so could see the TFC to LAG pipeline continue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie not in the team again. And Lowe isn't starting at left WB either (ineligible to face his parent club). The are playing a midfielder there instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie not in the team again. And Lowe isn't starting at left WB either (ineligible to face his parent club). The are playing a midfielder there instead.
    Colback has already played there effectively this season so I imagine this falls into the “don’t change what’s working” school of management. But not even on the bench is a worry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Colback has already played there effectively this season so I imagine this falls into the “don’t change what’s working” school of management. But not even on the bench is a worry.
    Different midfielder, but yeah. He's clearly not top 2 on either side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s a worry for Richie for sure, that he isn’t even making the bench. He looked game fit for Canada. The most obvious explanation is that the coach doesn’t rate him. The second is that he has a minor injury. The third is they all knew he would not get a look in this year and was a replacement for Spence. That’s a bit odd though. Why wouldn’t he go in the summer of that were the case? Murky and wishing him the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    It’s a worry for Richie for sure, that he isn’t even making the bench. He looked game fit for Canada. The most obvious explanation is that the coach doesn’t rate him. The second is that he has a minor injury. The third is they all knew he would not get a look in this year and was a replacement for Spence. That’s a bit odd though. Why wouldn’t he go in the summer of that were the case? Murky and wishing him the best.
    If he's healthy you'd think, as a new signing, they'd want to at least get him some minutes somewhere to check him out. But to sign a player for that money and then not even play him is pretty strange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Canada games are all he's played in 2022, though. Did he attend any preseason with TFC prior to the trade? There was talk during the Canada games that the MLS players were all out of season. I think that's the simplest solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different midfielder, but yeah. He's clearly not top 2 on either side.
    Spence wasn't in doubt; local press were saying Richie might fill in on the left, but noted that Colback had played there before so might be preferred.

Maybe he's just not fit enough; sporadic playing time since November, a high-tempo league where guys go full-out for 90 min. But he can't exactly be wowing them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not convinced Criscito solves the problems on our backline. Realistically you need a new keeper plus an actual pair of fullbacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I’m not convinced Criscito solves the problems on our backline. Realistically you need a new keeper plus an actual pair of fullbacks.
    This💯

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think we need a defensive midfielder even more than someone in the backline. Don't get me wrong there's problems back there, too, but they're completely exposed right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I honestly think we need a defensive midfielder even more than someone in the backline. Don't get me wrong there's problems back there, too, but they're completely exposed right now
    Missing Delgado...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousGoonie View Post
    This
    Criscito is a full back.
    I'd take any full back at this stage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet we get some leaks on some transfer targets this week after that loss yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Porto recently released a right-back, Saravia, who has sniffed the Argentina NT setup.

On the left, I believe Toia, ex RSL and Montreal player, is still without a club.

Something has to be done, surely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono is on $450k Q on $275k and neither look like a starter for a championship quality team. Mavinga is close to 900k and looks a shadow of what he once was. I don’t see where we shed these salaries anytime soon that allows us to bring in help in areas we need help in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

championship quality team...lol this was a bottom team last year and now rebuilding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Bono is on $450k Q on $275k and neither look like a starter for a championship quality team. Mavinga is close to 900k and looks a shadow of what he once was. I don’t see where we shed these salaries anytime soon that allows us to bring in help in areas we need help in.
    Mavinga played left back for much of his career. He's really good with the ball upfield.

I think we obviously need more bodies; but we also need the new manager to be less stubborn.

Pozuelo offers nothing defensively, most of the time. Move him to the wing, where he played much of his career prior to here, and which in a 433 is an outside-in forward. That's what Insigne's going to be playing, so it makes sense to mirror him on the other wing.

That gives us more going forward and opens up midfield space for a wrecker. Put Priso in as a number six, (as NYRB did with Frankie Amaya, who had EIGHT tackles in that game, double our best output, from Osorio).

Our number two tackler in that game was ... .Ralph Priso, who had three in 11 minutes.

On corners, don't allow two sleight (relatively) wingbacks as our central cover. Even if it was a foul (I think it was), Klymala shoved JMR off the ball and created that break with minimal effort, then Shaff couldn't hold him off long enough for anyone else to recover.

The only value Bradley has right now is as a playmaker, a passer. And Poz's defense is suspect. So we'd be better playing them higher up the pitch where their defensive output is minimized (and I realize one-way players are a luxury these days, but I'm trying to be pragmatic before they sign reinforcements).

-----------Bono/Westburg----------
    ChungJMR--O'Neill--Salcedo--MavingaShaff
    ----------Priso-----Osorio----------
    ------------BradOkello---------------
    Pozuelo-------------------Petrasso
    --------------Jimenez

It's not ideal but at least it puts people where they'll be most effective. Half the teams in the league trap now; to have a guy like Pozuelo wide who can beat double teams and allow for overlaps would be helpful. To have a guy with enough speed to cover the backline in Priso would be helpful. Bradley's inability to track back fast enough would be less issue with two guys behind him.
    Last edited by jloome; 03-06-2022 at 12:16 PM.