Page 88 of 193 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    In their defence, they do see things we don't and have access to information we don't. Fans mostly agreeing on something doesn't make it right. Off the top of my head this board was united that trading away issey nakajima-farran was a mistake and he was a good player - it wasn't and he isn't. And that we should have signed that one guy who had one good game against us in CCL that Montreal signed, and that we'd massively regret it when they did. We didn't.

So we as fans get it wrong alot. But, with the information we have, it's very hard to justify this trade as a good one. Or, their overall strategy as anything other than a bit of a mess propped up by bottomless cash
    Some well-stated nuance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the heck plays mid tomorrow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Jesus christ everyone on here is close to self harm.

This is a good move. Kaye has played in a Bob Bradley system incredibly effectively in the past, will slot in seamlessly and make us a lot more solid in the middle.

Amount of GAM in the league has gone up so yeah it will seem higher.

End of the day we are a far more complete team with poz out + berna and Kaye in.
    Agreed on all points. Why is everyone so negative about every move and decision? Calling for Manning to be fired? Insanity. I think Bob and Bill have made incredible strides to improve the club during this window.

Insigne
    Criscito
    Bernardeschi
    Kaye
    New DP?

Let's GOOOO!

What a great job our management has done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Who the heck plays mid tomorrow?
    Bob and Michael tandem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that podcast was right this morning about Priso going to Colorado so I guess Rutty to Liverpool watch can now begin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay on further thought... Kaye is a really good player and he's under contract until 2026. Assuming the cap keeps increasing, his contract is going to be even better value. Kaye is also a good player to have in case Oso leaves after this season.
    Also, if Priso ever reaches what Kaye is as a player - that would be a huge success. Even if Priso has the potential to be a great player, it's unlikely he ever reaches that.

We're giving up about $1.8M in GAM value ($1M in gam, $100k for the draft pick, $200k for the international slot, $500k for Priso - feel free to change Priso if you want). It also appears we're retaining 100% of the sell on fee. Most other recent GAM trades have included some form of sell on clause.

The most recent comparison is Paul Arriola going for $2M in GAM. I'd say there's been continued inflation in GAM pricing, so it is what it is.

This trade makes us a lot better today (and probably next season too). Maybe it comes back to bite us - or maybe Priso flames out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Toronto at least put in some sort of sell on clause incase Priso does end up being sold abroad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this is a better way to treat Priso than the way Vanney treated J-hams, Fraser, and Chapman.

Play them or move them on for something you value more. I am happy to have MAK here, and I am happy Priso will get playing time on a team with a very good coach.

Am I happy with the apparent relative values? No. But since I am a fan that makes sense. I am likely to overvalue what we have and undervalue what everyone else has.

I think our team is better today than it was yesterday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    How does Manning and co. manage to make it look like they are on the losing end of every deal or they can’t close deals, period. There’s no way there is so much smoke and no fire. I’m so tired of being frustrated with this team and organization. It’s like the team is actually run by Bell and Rogers!
    Especially today I'm actually seeing lots of similarities between TFC and Rogers....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Fire Manning.

1 MILLION GAM + PRISO + INTL SPOT
    Yup....got nothing but a bag of peanuts for our MVP (that was acquired for $$$$$$$$) regardless if only 6 months remaining on contract but to acquire players we send over everything but the kitchen sink.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kaye has value in MLS.

Poz situation is different

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kaye has value in MLS.

Poz situation is different
    Yes it's different but Poz also has a ton of value. Some might argue even more to offer to the team that requires what he has to offer. Miami already doing a great job advertising him to the fanbase on social media. Judging him on the basis of two years where he didn't put up the same numbers is wrong. Just comparing the two deals because it's two examples of some very lazy F/O deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully TFC signs a DP immediately before Rogers finds out how much money they lost to the Russian hackers today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sell on is a key element to consider in this deal, IF in fact we retain 100% of it. Recall last year Priso mentioning he saw himself in Europe in a year.

He has every chance to shine in Colorado and play his way abroad. This may not be a long term asset for the Rapids.

Not a fan of trading Priso fwiw but IF he ends up in Europe anyways, this isn’t the worst deal in all honesty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    The sell on is a key element to consider in this deal, IF in fact we retain 100% of it. Recall last year Priso mentioning he saw himself in Europe in a year.

He has every chance to shine in Colorado and play his way abroad. This may not be a long term asset for the Rapids.

Not a fan of trading Priso fwiw but IF he ends up in Europe anyways, this isn’t the worst deal in all honesty.
    Haven't seen anything in the articles I've seen mentioning added incentives "sell on" as of yet...hope they added them in.

Looking forward to see him out there at BMO.
    Last edited by NotoriousGoonie; 07-08-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day, you may be right, this may be very good business. What stings here are the intangibles: Is TFC ever to going to really develop any homegrown talent or will it always be a team of mercenaries? Will there ever really be a winning culture like Seattle or will everything always smack of corporate meddling?
    I think we all want a team with soul, but things always seem a little soulless. It reminds me too much of work.
    Rant done. I actually really like MAK, and I hope to God coming here rejuvenates him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another fair point. He might well be at that level -- although that also means we're potentiallly
    missing out in a fat transfer fee.

Ah well, whether it turns out to be highway robbery later or not, we're a
    stronger team tomorrow than today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it. MAK played his best football under Bob and was REALLY good in that time. I don’t see Priso getting to that level personally. And MAK is still young.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s a now for later swap - big price to pay in the hopes that 2023-2025 is the window for this team to be elite. Only time will tell whether any of these hot takes is correct. It’s all just noise now - all we can do is hope our team is winning games soon and being really competitive by 2023.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very happy with the acquisition of MAK. He will fill a massive void in our lineup.

However, as others have acknowledged, we paid a very steep price. Priso plus GAM should have been enough. We don't have an actual GM at the moment and it shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus christ everyone on here is close to self harm.

This is a good move. Kaye has played in a Bob Bradley system incredibly effectively in the past, will slot in seamlessly and make us a lot more solid in the middle.

Amount of GAM in the league has gone up so yeah it will seem higher.

End of the day we are a far more complete team with poz out + berna and Kaye in.
    agreed great move
    we are a very good team now

look what happened to Vancouver with
    Alphonso Davies. He was so great he’s gone and they’re still shit
    the future is now
    tfc tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark-Anthony Kaye is the exact midfielder #TFCLive has been screaming for since, what, 2020?

Lots of positives bringing in the former academy product. #CanMNT

https://twitter.com/GalindoPW/status...25585308332032

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with og. Pozuelo dribbled too much
    tfc is way better now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a couple of holes to address on the backline, but the starting lineup is going to be much stronger in a couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Sorry, no. He specifically mentioned he would be the perfect TAM signing.
    jesus…

tam signings should be the 4th best player based on salary as your 3 dps should be the best… All I’m saying is Bernadeschi shouldn’t be in the top 10 salaries of the WHOLE LEGAUE…. Let alone on TFC for what he brings to the table IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we replace salcedo with a DP CB, add a RB via trade and we are COOKING.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed out some long-winded thoughts before realizing I could really just sum it up: I don't rate Kaye and I don't like this deal.

We overpaid for an average player in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we replace salcedo with a DP CB, add a RB via trade and we are COOKING.
    They need a new backup for MB now too. There's gotta be some MLS journeyman that can be taken for cheap. The kinda cheap that should've been a throw-in in one of these recent deals, really.

This MAK deal makes me wonder how much Oso would be worth in MLS. Because he's the better player, IMO.
    Last edited by Bobo; 07-08-2022 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the GAM we paid is for 2023. We still maintain however much xAM we had previously for this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousGoonie View Post
    Yes it's different but Poz also has a ton of value.....
    Not really - Poz was out of contract soon & unwanted. In essence what we traded Poz for was 150K in GAM & an open DP slot. That's about all we could expect.

Kaye - a domestic proven CM - those are worth a lot.

Its been awhile since I've seen him play - does Kaye have any close down speed? I suspect he's faster then Delgado, Oso & Bradley but just wondering if we finally got the average speed central mid we havn't really had in a long time.