Page 21 of 193 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Can someone who knows more than me(could be anyone on this site, lol) explain to me why TFC can’t seem to produce any decent defensive players from the academy? It reminds me of playing rec games where no one wants to play defensively because it’s not ‘fun’.
    My uneducated guess is that defenders often start at other positions (e.g., striker or midfielder) before shifting to defense because of some limitation in their game. The TFC academy has really only started producing players with decent ability the past few years, so they've generally played in more advanced positions because there hasn't necessarily been someone else blocking them for playing time in the academy teams. For example, maybe if we had another strong wing prospect, Jayden Nelson maybe would have been developed as a RB.

Along with that, I think defenders generally peak at a later age than midfielders or defenders. There aren't a ton of top teams in the world that are running out 20/21 year olds as a starting CB, whereas you see Foden and Vinicius starting for City and Real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    My uneducated guess is that defenders often start at other positions (e.g., striker or midfielder) before shifting to defense because of some limitation in their game. The TFC academy has really only started producing players with decent ability the past few years, so they've generally played in more advanced positions because there hasn't necessarily been someone else blocking them for playing time in the academy teams. For example, maybe if we had another strong wing prospect, Jayden Nelson maybe would have been developed as a RB.

Along with that, I think defenders generally peak at a later age than midfielders or defenders. There aren't a ton of top teams in the world that are running out 20/21 year olds as a starting CB, whereas you see Foden and Vinicius starting for City and Real.
    Makes sense. I wasn’t even thinking of starters, even backups would be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh reports that Criscito is coming with Insigne for July. Also says that Destro is a very real possibility.

https://www.theparleh.com/post/why-t...h-this-weekend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Singh reports that Criscito is coming with Insigne for July. Also says that Destro is a very real possibility.

Mmm yes a 36-year-old defender and another striker - exactly what we need

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are they clients of bill manning friend ithe italian agent?
    if so more rolodex lazy signings
    Last edited by reggie; 05-13-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They better be out there looking for a holding midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Is the BB concept so much firepower that there’s no need to defend? Seriously though, the midfield is like a sieve, hopefully this isn’t the three new comers that was referred to.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Last time I looked Criscito had two legs and doesn’t need a walking aid to get around , so I will take someone who has been in the Italian league wars most of his life. Team needs help on defence and the young TFC talent gives me no confidence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They better be out there looking for a holding midfielder.
    not while DAD is in charge,they still need a least a FB,criscito at his age injury history is prob a CB.i cant see him bombing up and down the wing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    not while DAD is in charge,they still need a least a FB,criscito at his age injury history is prob a CB.i cant see him bombing up and down the wing
    We don't need bombing up and down the wing, we need somebody to stop everyone else from bombing up and down the wing on us. Hopefully he can do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Last time I looked Criscito had two legs and doesn’t need a walking aid to get around , so I will take someone who has been in the Italian league wars most of his life. Team needs help on defence and the young TFC talent gives me no confidence
    To me, it makes more sense to go out and get a true leader in the form of a CB and someone with a little more runway in their career.

Could he be useful? Sure. Is it a long run solution? No. Could he end up on the physio table a fair amount? Maybe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old guys don't have a good history in this league....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Old guys don't have a good history in this league....
    Yeah. Too bad Insigne chose an older dude as his BFF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yeah. Too bad Insigne chose an older dude as his BFF.
    I wish he could of been better friends with Marco Verratti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    To me, it makes more sense to go out and get a true leader in the form of a CB and someone with a little more runway in their career.

Could he be useful? Sure. Is it a long run solution? No. Could he end up on the physio table a fair amount? Maybe.
    Good summary of Criscito signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    are they clients of bill manning friend ithe italian agent?
    Criscito is a client of Andrea D'Amico. Destro is not

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List of Strikers / CFs Out of Contract Serie A

Dec 20, 1993 (28) Jun 30, 2022
    May 6, 1987 (35) Jun 30, 2022
    Oct 3, 1981 (40)
    Jun 30, 2022
    Mar 20, 1991 (31) Jun 30, 2022
    Jun 26, 1991 (30) Jun 30, 2022
    Jun 4, 1991 (30) Jun 30, 2022
    Jan 31, 1983 (39) Jun 30, 2022
    Mar 12, 1990 (32) Jun 30, 2022
    Nov 2, 1997 (24) Jun 30, 2022
    May 22, 1990 (31)
    Jun 30, 2022

Nov 15, 1993 (28)
    Jun 30, 2022
    Jan 26, 1987 (35) Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 05-13-2022 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destro is managed by the same agent as Gilardino, who some may recall we passed over for Defoe back in 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Obviously, this summer window will be incredibly important for us. And, again, the winter window also as we look to really complete the transformation from what Bob took over.“ - Bill Manning, May 2022

I’ll be holding them to finishing this ‘transformation’ by the start of MLS 2023.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will roll the dice on Criscito staying healthy because my patience watching kids learn while we throw away points is gone. It has been a year and a half watching what they are telling us is soccer and frankly I can’t do this much longer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our "physio table" can't even keep young kids healthy. Maybe they're confused, and our physio table is actually a torture rack?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I will roll the dice on Criscito staying healthy because my patience watching kids learn while we throw away points is gone. It has been a year and a half watching what they are telling us is soccer and frankly I can’t do this much longer.
    Every time a defender that age signs in this league it’s disastrous. We’re a transition league in which teams have difficulty maintiaining tactical shape and cohesion, and skill players are let loose.

That means defenses constantly get pulled out of shape and have to have good lateral speed to recover.

Both he and Cheillini are probably both great in a top euro league, where defenses drop and maintain shape, and 90% of what they defend is close quarters skill play and set pieces.

MLS’ disparate skill levels and quick lateral movement are usually hell on older defenders.

If he still has the speed to play wingback in a pressing system, then great. As a Center back? At the money he’ll expect? Not a smart move.

The Chiellini stuff with LAFC (which already has FIVE competitive Center backs on the roster) is bullshit, I suspect, and a sign that Fabricio from Sky takes bullshit flyers or offers agent “seed” stories to generate interest, probably for tips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Our "physio table" can't even keep young kids healthy. Maybe they're confused, and our physio table is actually a torture rack?
    This is what has always confused me about TFC as I wonder how their training staff can be so bad.

MLSE has always gone balls deep to buy the best support staff they can to use their financial might to gain an advantage they can’t get in a cap environment. I’ve read TFC has always paid well above everyone else in the league for support staff just like their MLSE brethren. It just baffles me how the highest paid trainers and doctors can’t seem to keep TFC players healthy

I get 35 yr old players are hard to keep healthy but we’re making 23 year olds look like they are 35.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what he is thinking about joining TFC, hopefully he is not putting to much into the last five games but Lorenzo played his final home game for Napoli and scored. What an emotional sendoff for him.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His very last play for Napoli

Sprinting 80 yards in defence to track down a quick counter after a corner

&

Yeh, I'd take Criscito

&

Boy the love for Insigne today upon leaving....
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-15-2022 at 01:45 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

&

Yeh, I'd take Criscito

&

Can not wait for July 9th vs. the Sounders, the most likely match for his TFC debut in my eyes. Will be a special one. Just hope he has a decent team around him. Really will be interested to see what kind of uptick attendance and casual interest we will see once he arrives, will all of Woodbridge be there ( :

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kamil Grosicki Polish National team player has interest now from few MLS clubs that would definitely make me happy , can play Left and Right wing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

&

Yeh, I'd take Criscito

&

Here are the highlights if anyone is interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artur3575 View Post
    Kamil Grosicki Polish National team player has interest now from few MLS clubs that would definitely make me happy , can play Left and Right wing
    Would be good but too old.

If they manage to get to the point of Insigne/Jimenez/TAM Winger then this frontline will be ruthless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Can not wait for July 9th vs. the Sounders, the most likely match for his TFC debut in my eyes. Will be a special one. Just hope he has a decent team around him. Really will be interested to see what kind of uptick attendance and casual interest we will see once he arrives, will all of Woodbridge be there ( :
    I believe the Sounders game is the 2nd and the 9th is San Jose