Page 7 of 193 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where do we stand in terms of budget now after this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I want St Clair off Minnesota so bad. Even if we have to eat salary for Bono whatever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    where do we stand in terms of budget now after this?
    We still have plenty of room, particularly with all the GAM we've acquired this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    a week too late,after the game he had on sunday,could have drafted him or tajon but we drafted dorsey.
    I would totally prefer Tajon or Dayne over Dorsey, but he's actually been a decent rotation player for Houston since we let him go. He could have been reasonable depth for us at RB this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This hypothesis is completely my own doing. Shoot me if you want. But after hearing repeatedly about culture, and stuff like this: "I immediately got a sense when I got here that there were guys in different places. Guys that weren't as committed to the club as they might have been earlier. Guys that at different moments just hadn't been committed to all the things you do to be part of a winning team."

Then we lose some guys who seemed to play well; who seemed to be committed in the past. We lose them in deals that aren't great, or that require some serious trade gymnastics -- and may leave us short on cap space. Meanwhile many of those positions are not adequately filled, and/or not in a timely fashion.

I have no idea if this is the case, but I really hope it's not related to Michael Bradley or other veterans having some axes to grind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I would totally prefer Tajon or Dayne over Dorsey, but he's actually been a decent rotation player for Houston since we let him go. He could have been reasonable depth for us at RB this season.
    a triple header of mistakes by curtis among all the other ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    This hypothesis is completely my own doing. Shoot me if you want. But after hearing repeatedly about culture, and stuff like this: "I immediately got a sense when I got here that there were guys in different places. Guys that weren't as committed to the club as they might have been earlier. Guys that at different moments just hadn't been committed to all the things you do to be part of a winning team."

Then we lose some guys who seemed to play well; who seemed to be committed in the past. We lose them in deals that aren't great, or that require some serious trade gymnastics -- and may leave us short on cap space. Meanwhile many of those positions are not adequately filled, and/or not in a timely fashion.

I have no idea if this is the case, but I really hope it's not related to Michael Bradley or other veterans having some axes to grind.
    Sometimes I have strong suspicions that any player that falls on the wrong side of Michael Bradley and doesn’t figure it out with him is a gonner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Sometimes I have strong suspicions that any player that falls on the wrong side of Michael Bradley and doesn’t figure it out with him is a gonner
    im sure BB and MB had some long family dinners regarding this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone needs to be fired for overseeing all of these atrocious contracts were being forced to eat. Cough cough Manning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to wait and see what the return is before judging it. Perhaps we're paying some of the salary in cash, but Minnesota is giving us additional GAM to cover the salary budget hit for it. Could be a way of TFC using MLSE cash to extract more value in trades from teams who are more budget conscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't trade a very good MLS level player with a manageable salary and eat some of the cost. There is no context that could make this anything other than a batshit insane thing to do in a salary cap league like MLS

You especially don't do it in a position where we are thin as hell
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 03-16-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing we know for sure is that St. Clair is not coming back in return for Lawrence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The only thing we know for sure is that St. Clair is not coming back in return for Lawrence.
    Unless it's something like Lawrence + $800K in GAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Unless it's something like Lawrence + $800K in GAM.
    That was shot down. I can see Minnesota dealing Tyler Miller long before St. Clair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    a week too late,after the game he had on sunday,could have drafted him or tajon but we drafted dorsey.
    Lol. Eff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Lawrence have some legal issues in Florida or something? That's the only reason I can think of that makes this even make a little bit of sense.

Am I being hyperbolic in saying this is Mo-tier bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Singh has some details. Apparently Lawrence was viewed as not committed to the team and was frequently absent from training last year. Hard to know if any of that had to do with the family challenges he had over the past few years.

https://www.theparleh.com/post/why-k...-by-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Michael Singh has some details. Apparently Lawrence was viewed as not committed to the team and was frequently absent from training last year. Hard to know if any of that had to do with the family challenges he had over the past few years.

https://www.theparleh.com/post/why-k...-by-toronto-fc
    Lawrence has started multiple small companies that require his time and attention. He describes himself as a “serial entrepreneur”, which may be why he’s dealing with civil suits in NY and Florida. He’s the plaintiff in an injury accident case that led to a legal debt since assumed by a collections company, which is suing him to recover. He has also started a “legal will kit” company in Jamaica.

I dunno, that might’ve all contributed to his absences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of these dealings could have been handled way better to prevent us getting fleeced on and off the pitch. Lawrence’s departure was leaked a month(!) ago. Auro likewise is moving for shit. Both players demonstrably serviceable. Both players holding potential value. If you want to move them, then fair of course. But does the club seriously not have the tact to reach professional agreements with their players to train with the club prior to departure and considerately negotiate their departures?

This stuff just screams old-school male ego management. The club would rather “trade” and “loan” on/off-pitch assets to their serious detriment. “Not a cultural fit”. That terminology is used only when employers want to professionally mask gross misconduct or are searching for a reason why they no longer like an employee. Given Singh’s obvious puff-piece, we know which of the two it is.

I’ve been saying for a long time (and I know I am shouting into the void) that management is not on the ball and likely arrogant in their approach to roster management.
    Last edited by portu; 03-16-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Minnesotas starting LB just checked into the substance abuse program. Maybe we’re not gonna get fleeced that bad if they are a tad desperate themselves? Hell who am I kidding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see it a bit differently. If you are Bob Bradley, you get one chance to clean house and have it be someone else’s fault. Better to be certain of who you are keeping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Lawrence did a good professional job for us on the field. I have no problems with him. And it was in the middle of a shit show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of these dealings could have been handled way better to prevent us getting fleeced on and off the pitch. Lawrence’s departure was leaked a month(!) ago. Auro likewise is moving for shit. Both players demonstrably serviceable. Both players holding potential value. If you want to move them, then fair of course. But does the club seriously not have the tact to reach professional agreements with their players to train with the club prior to departure and considerately negotiate their departures?

This stuff just screams old-school male ego management. The club would rather “trade” and “loan” on/off-pitch assets to their serious detriment. “Not a cultural fit”. That terminology is used only when employers want to professionally mask gross misconduct or are searching for a reason why they no longer like an employee. Given Singh’s obvious puff-piece, we know which of the two it is.

I’ve been saying for a long time (and I know I am shouting into the void) that management is not on the ball and likely arrogant in their approach to roster management.
    It's not uncommon in football for older, successful players to become resistant to coaching. If they've been around so long, and been revered enough, that they feel they have a right to input on every decision and every approach, it makes improving a team very difficult.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but it may be, or at the very least it may be how some of these guys were perceived. Guy coming in wants a clean slate to build something new, old guys want to stick with what they think works, something has to give. It's never going to be the guy coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's not uncommon in football for older, successful players to become resistant to coaching. If they've been around so long, and been revered enough, that they feel they have a right to input on every decision and every approach, it makes improving a team very difficult.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but it may be, or at the very least it may be how some of these guys were perceived. Guy coming in wants a clean slate to build something new, old guys want to stick with what they think works, something has to give. It's never going to be the guy coming in.
    I think I’m just saying some of these moves could have happened without hurting itself as much as it has so far. I’d largely agree with the departures, but the manner of those departures and the plans to fill the gaps left by them have been objectively shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I’m just saying some of these moves could have happened without hurting itself as much as it has so far. I’d largely agree with the departures, but the manner of those departures and the plans to fill the gaps left by them have been objectively shit.
    There seems to be a lack of concern for value, for sure. This is about "I don't care how, just shed 'em," when it should be "we have tradeable assets." But it was all left too late, until after they'd already hired BB. They may have wanted to defer to whomever was coming in, and may have felt locking them out was the only way, or they're in camp, potentially fucking up what he's building.

They extended contracts on guys they shouldn't, they brought in players they later perceived to be lacking the hunger to win. Just bad general managing, basically. Curtis may have been pulling the strings, but Manning should wear it for letting him and abrogating his own responsibilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we are getting "the rights to 2021 second-round pick Sean O'Hearn"

https://www.startribune.com/minnesot...per/600156541/
    Last edited by Luanda; 03-16-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^this is a joke right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even 50k GAM? Yikes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)