Page 22 of 193 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny how Napoli's "thank you" video feels like a hype video for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFGsJkPeahM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Far from me the thought to try throwing a wrench in Insigne's Toronto welcome-machine, but here's what caught my attention:

Post from the match's Youtube highlights thread:

"Unpopular opinion - Insigne cost Napoli crucial points this season. If it's not missed PKs it's being selfish when passing to his better placed teammates would have led to crucial goals"

And almost everybody posting a response to this agreeds, they say this is not an unpopular opinion at all, Insigne is too selfish, and has not been this season like a captain should be for Napoli.
    Check it out for yourself,,,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wNG...channel=SerieA
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-16-2022 at 04:53 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Napoli fans lead the world in expectations- they had Maradona in his prime & ever since, nobody matches up. Their 2 ultra groups said as much yesterday in their goodbye messages.

BTW, to me selfish isn't running back full tilt 80 yards to CATCH a forward on the counter for your very last play ever for your team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Far from me the thought to try throwing a wrench in Insigne's Toronto welcome-machine, but here's what caught my attention:

"Unpopular opinion - Insigne cost Napoli crucial points this season. If it's not missed PKs it's being selfish when passing to his better placed teammates would have led to crucial goals"

And almost everybody posting a response to this agreeds, they say this is not an unpopular opinion at all, Insigne is too selfish, and has not been this season like a captain should be for Napoli.
    Sounds like a criticism any of us could of used for Seba outside of the captain part. That worked out okay.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been following Napoli for years. I don't see Insigne as selfish at all in his play but he is like any forward/striker in his thinking when getting into a goal scoring position. Of course for any fan it is easy to look at a replay and see another option to pass on a particular unsuccessful play that could have worked out better. It happens to all the time in games. He actually had more assists this year than the last few years. He tracks back defensively as well. Maybe Napoli fans an just bitter at him leaving.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. I remember when Giovinco wouldn't even consider an outlet pass to guys like Chapman to get out of a heavy press in 2016/2017.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only concern I have regarding Insigne is that they have a nice parking spot so that no one dings his Ferrari . Christ man Insigne sets this league on fire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The media's denying love for Alex Bono continues to baffle me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never found Insigne to be selfish either, but it won't surprise me if he starts here.

Criscito, meanwhile, really doesn't seem to want to come here.

From DiMarzio (translated):

Criscito then spoke of the future. With Genoa in Serie B, his idea does not change: "I hope there is still room for me. I still have one year on my contract and I would like to be able to help with immediate redemption ." As he said, the Genoa captain will speak with the club in the coming days to understand the club's intentions. "I'm available," he confirmed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding the structure of the team, regardless of hiring a new manager- over the past 3 seasons no significant improvement has been made.

The ones stating Bob just got here- this is true- but curtis and armas both had 3 year deals or 5 year deals so- why would quality not be improved based on his hiring.

I understand we need to wait for the summer transfer and possibly the winter- but seriously look at how fast BVB got a replacement after losing Haaland.

He treated this club like an nhl team waiting out players last year without addressing or moving on in a positive and impactful manner.

the fact he felt raising prices by 40% during high inflation and most likely a recession -consider this who ever is on manning's side- does the on field performance or results justify 40% increase?

looks like all kind of bad business decisions and yes all these players connected to insigne or insigne himself came from a lazy rolodex search which happened to get him insigne. think about this for a moment- was there any due diligence done when hiring armas and curtis?
    Last edited by FootBallAZ; 05-17-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I've never found Insigne to be selfish either, but it won't surprise me if he starts here.

Criscito, meanwhile, really doesn't seem to want to come here.

From DiMarzio (translated):

Criscito then spoke of the future. With Genoa in Serie B, his idea does not change: "I hope there is still room for me. I still have one year on my contract and I would like to be able to help with immediate redemption ." As he said, the Genoa captain will speak with the club in the coming days to understand the club's intentions. "I'm available," he confirmed.
    i hope we dont sign this guy,,,im sure manning can check the transfer market web site and find a 36 year old injury prone lb or does he owe D amico a favor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The media's denying love for Alex Bono continues to baffle me.

I would have titled it “Row Z”, where all his passes end up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears Salcedo will always be a DP... His budget charge is $2.3 million.

https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless his salary drops in future seasons. I think the implication by the ITKs at the time of the deal was it had to be front loaded cos of the swap.

Jesus on a shade under a million is decent business. 800k on Bono and Westberg is madness. Mavinga is up over a million now - guess he'll be next for the chopping block....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Unless his salary drops in future seasons. I think the implication by the ITKs at the time of the deal was it had to be front loaded cos of the swap.

Jesus on a shade under a million is decent business. 800k on Bono and Westberg is madness. Mavinga is up over a million now - guess he'll be next for the chopping block....
    And they re-upped Westberg and brought Mavinga back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were they options or on guaranteed? I don't recall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We exercised an option on Westberg and Mavinga was under contract. I think (but am not totally sure) that this is the final contract year for Westberg and Mavinga. I seem to recall that this is the last guaranteed year for Bradley (team option next season).

Tough that Salcedo is on a full DP contract, but hopefully the salary can be frontloaded to drop him into TAM level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    We exercised an option on Westberg and Mavinga was under contract. I think (but am not totally sure) that this is the final contract year for Westberg and Mavinga. I seem to recall that this is the last guaranteed year for Bradley (team option next season).

Tough that Salcedo is on a full DP contract, but hopefully the salary can be frontloaded to drop him into TAM level.
    Mavinga's contract is up at the end of the season (doesn't say anything about an option): https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/1/...ingas-contract
    Westberg is up at the end of the season: https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/1/...bergs-contract
    Bradley is up at the end of the season, with an option for 2023: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/mls...ract-1.5392782
    Bono signed his last contract extension in 2018, so I wouldn't be surprised if 2022 is his last guaranteed season: https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toro...ono-extension/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    800k on Bono and Westberg is madness. Mavinga is up over a million now - guess he'll be next for the chopping block....
    Well he shouldn't be re-signed anyway. He is a shell of his former self and is not TAM level anymore. I like him a lot but his time has come.

At least we should be shedding about $2-$3M in salary this winter in pretty much dead weight (Westberg, Bono, Auro's loan, & Mavinga).

But I'm not entirely sure we didn't hitch onto another salary anchor in Akinola either. I do not like the look of that number and how he has been looking so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono at 550k has to be one of the worst value contracts in MLS.
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 05-17-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bono at 550k has to be one of the worst value contracts in MLS.
    Hey, every match day when TFC Tweets/posts about the players arriving at BMO and how they're dressed, who is the first pic they post and use as the main pic?

Bono every single time.

#value

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're literally paying a fullback NOT to be at the club. Cap is a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This article says Criscito wants to stay at Genoa next season and help them get back to Serie A. This would be disappointing.

He looked good in the game against Napoli on the weekend. He would be a solid MLS player.

https://www.fanpage.it/sport/calcio/...dare-una-mano/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is negotiations now, it is always better to have the guise of a second offer to scare TFC or to make it look like to the Genoa family he really wants to stay, when he know the club really can't afford him. I just don't know where the $2.5MM Euros is coming from, someone do the math.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we're about two weeks out from allowing Poz to sign a pre-contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    regarding the structure of the team, regardless of hiring a new manager- over the past 3 seasons no significant improvement has been made.

The ones stating Bob just got here- this is true- but curtis and armas both had 3 year deals or 5 year deals so- why would quality not be improved based on his hiring.

I understand we need to wait for the summer transfer and possibly the winter- but seriously look at how fast BVB got a replacement after losing Haaland.

He treated this club like an nhl team waiting out players last year without addressing or moving on in a positive and impactful manner.

the fact he felt raising prices by 40% during high inflation and most likely a recession -consider this who ever is on manning's side- does the on field performance or results justify 40% increase?

looks like all kind of bad business decisions and yes all these players connected to insigne or insigne himself came from a lazy rolodex search which happened to get him insigne. think about this for a moment- was there any due diligence done when hiring armas and curtis?
    Keep in mind BVB doesn't have to deal with a stupid DP rule or salary cap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    So we're about two weeks out from allowing Poz to sign a pre-contract.
    You never know what the discussions are behind the scenes but if I had to guess, it seems clear that both Poz and the club know they are going in different directions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Hey, every match day when TFC Tweets/posts about the players arriving at BMO and how they're dressed, who is the first pic they post and use as the main pic?

Bono every single time.

#value

this is another reason i dont really vibe with bono- i feel after the 2018 run he was full of himself, the friendship between him and chapman and how they always clout chasing.

Forget all that, what really made me understand who bono is - was the fact he got upset at a TFC photographer for taking a photo on a non -game day where he wasn't "dressed up" for photo op.

I couldnt believe it- I guess he has a brand to maintain but come on- if he chose to be consistent it wouldnt have been an issue. felt bad for the photographer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

lol yikes- all to get out of Soteldo - which was to make up for seba?

DP who is inconsistent at best and is focused about his music career here in toronto lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man do we ever give out bad contracts 3.5 mil in CBs 900k in keepers paying auro 400k to play else where,paying some of jozy s salary,who knows with lawrence,the best cb in the league zimmerman is making 1.1 mil.i sure hope salceido s contract is front loaded