Page 123 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, the other Forbes is deductive reasoning that ex LAFC and current Minesotta GK Tyler Miller is on the move!
    TFC is one of the three likely destinations; with DCU and RSL being the other two.
    If true, Bob really is trying to get the band back together.
    What? Bono for Miller? Almost a like for like swap; salary and contract wise?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-19-2022 at 02:18 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Miller's contract is past this year, that's not a trade worth doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to hope more depth signings are announced before the closure of this transfer window

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder what the going price ($ or player) would be for Zachary Brault Guillard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been procrastinating by looking at free agent defenders that wouldn’t be TAM.

Cristiano Piccini, 29y/o right back, just terminated his contract with Red Star Belgrade. He would definitely fill a need and has a good pedigree with clubs like Sporting and Valencia and a few Italy caps.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/cristi...spieler/163086

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If Miller's contract is past this year, that's not a trade worth doing.
    I don’t think it’s worth signing keepers to contracts longer than 2 years in this league. Drop offs in play (like Bono) hurt too much on the cap.

Sign a 35y/o ex-top 5 league keeper instead for 400-500k a year and repeat every couple years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cap question:

If we do not sign a DP during this window, does that mean we can convert Michael Bradley to DP status and open up a lot of TAM?

He's at $1,500,000, which is DP money bought down with TAM. If we don't sign a DP, he can become a DP and open up, what $900,000 worth of TAM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    IMO, the most important interview segment out of the Monday's Bernardeschi TFC Presser,

is TSN's with Bill Manning at about 2:35 doing a Patches O'Houlihan 5D's of Dodge Duck Dip Dive Dodge with a simple pivot.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/manning-bel...nto-fc~2485645

Has someone else recently visited?
    ^Very close second...

How Fede will play; be used.

A little more Fiorentina, a little less Juventus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Been procrastinating by looking at free agent defenders that wouldn’t be TAM.

Cristiano Piccini, 29y/o right back, just terminated his contract with Red Star Belgrade. He would definitely fill a need and has a good pedigree with clubs like Sporting and Valencia and a few Italy caps.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/cristi...spieler/163086
    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I don’t think it’s worth signing keepers to contracts longer than 2 years in this league. Drop offs in play (like Bono) hurt too much on the cap.

Sign a 35y/o ex-top 5 league keeper instead for 400-500k a year and repeat every couple years.
    Yes and Yes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if this is not the proper place (thread) to ask, but capology.com is the best, most complete / up to date site where player salaries can be checked?
    Any other sites you would recommend?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Very close second...

How Fede will play; be used.

A little more Fiorentina, a little less Juventus!
    So in the hole? We just got rid of Pozuelo because Bob doesn’t like no 10s.

Granted, we then played a 4-2-3-1- with Oso basically in that spot. But…

Or maybe he just couldn’t get the discipline or two-way play he wanted out of Poz.

Again, surprising if it’s the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    S
    Granted, we then played a 4-2-3-1- with Oso basically in that spot. But…

Or maybe he just couldn’t get the discipline or two-way play he wanted out of Poz.
    Can't really compare the work rate and defensive responsibilities of the two so in that sense, it makes sense. Berna would cover a lot more ground than Poz as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like Doneil Henry is going to Turkey? Or at least is trying to sign in turkey.

https://www.cumhuriyet.com.tr/spor/k...olunda-1959603

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernadeschi played on the wing at fiorentina exclusively… not a jack of all trades as he played with juve so I think that’s what BB meant by his comment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Sorry if this is not the proper place (thread) to ask, but capology.com is the best, most complete / up to date site where player salaries can be checked?
    Any other sites you would recommend?

Thanks!
    For any MLS salaries, you can look here: MLS Players Salary Guide | MLS Players Association. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a PDF for prior years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Wonder what the going price ($ or player) would be for Zachary Brault Guillard
    This is something we should look into. He’s under utilized in Mtl and could be decent cover. Could win the job long term or if that doesn’t work out he’d be a good backup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, the other Forbes is deductive reasoning that ex LAFC and current Minesotta GK Tyler Miller is on the move!
    TFC is one of the three likely destinations; with DCU and RSL being the other two.
    If true, Bob really is trying to get the band back together.
    What? Bono for Miller? Almost a like for like swap; salary and contract wise?

Hard pass.

I like the Portu suggestion of scoring low to mid 30's GKs from Europe for ongoing 2-3 year cycles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Bernadeschi played on the wing at fiorentina exclusively… not a jack of all trades as he played with juve so I think that’s what BB meant by his comment
    This is incorrect, TG. You can get full positional breakdowns by team on Transfermarkt.

At Fiorentina between 2013 and 2017, he played 16 games at right wing, 15 at left wing, 12 in the no 10 attacking midfield position (where fans were commenting yesterday he was most effective, thus my comment), 12 as a right midfielder, and 11 at striker.

So he could put him just about anywhere. (He even had a few games as a false nine).

The stats also suggest his strongest attacking role is cutting in from the left, same as Insigne. He scored well more from there than any other position.

IT suggests his right foot is stronger but Juve used him traditionally rather than coming inside.

But the fact that he played both sides both as a winger and midfielder suggests he’s quite two-footed. Be interesting to see if he adds any danger from the right. He scored half as many goals from that side as the left.
    Last edited by jloome; 07-19-2022 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Hard pass.

I like the Portu suggestion of scoring low to mid 30's GKs from Europe for ongoing 2-3 year cycles.
    Can also go badly. They’ve had a string of guys like Mbolhi at Philly and the dutch guy at Cinnicinnati who came from bigger clubs but were just terrible here. They usually only last a year or less, which might be why they tend to go unnoticed. But there have been quite a few Euro goalie crap outs.

IN fact, when you consider how many American professionals goalies wind up in Europe, I tend to assume it’s like defender, in that the less technically demanding the role, the more likely we can find someone from NA to fill it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is incorrect, TG. You can get full positional breakdowns by team on Transfermarkt.

At Fiorentina between 2013 and 2017, he played 16 games at right wing, 15 at left wing, 12 in the no 10 attacking midfield position (where fans were commenting yesterday he was most effective, thus my comment), 12 as a right midfielder, and 11 at striker.
    I would rather see him centrally if we can get a right sided winger or a CF because there can be no more Nelsen out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather see him centrally if we can get a right sided winger or a CF because there can be no more Nelsen out there.
    Might be why he played the 4-2-3-1 the other day (our fifth different formation this season by my count. Eek, this really is a year of experimentation, isn’t it?)

He can play Insigne—Bernadeschi—Ayo underneath Jimenez and we both have a potently more offensive team and one in which the central hole player knows how to press. Early recoveries are a big part of Gegenpress. Makes sense given his relative defensive strength that he’d want Bernardeschi central, but who knows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can also go badly. They’ve had a string of guys like Mbolhi at Philly and the dutch guy at Cinnicinnati who came from bigger clubs but were just terrible here. They usually only last a year or less, which might be why they tend to go unnoticed. But there have been quite a few Euro goalie crap outs.

IN fact, when you consider how many American professionals goalies wind up in Europe, I tend to assume it’s like defender, in that the less technically demanding the role, the more likely we can find someone from NA to fill it.
    True but eventually you would like to see some decent level of distribution and it's not an easy thing to find amongst NA GKs.

And I don't mean to go do the hype thing like Philly did with Mbohli or what LAFC/Cinci did with Vermeer, who was old and not really any good in Holland beforehand. I was thinking more like what we did with Westberg or what MUFC did with Mannone. Just some under the radar guy and not necessarily some aging star or a guy who is on the way down so you can get him easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True but eventually you would like to see some decent level of distribution and it's not an easy thing to find amongst NA GKs.

And I don't mean to go do the hype thing like Philly did with Mbohli or what LAFC/Cinci did with Vermeer, who was old and not really any good in Holland beforehand. I was thniking more like what we did with Westberg or what MUGC did with Mannone. Just some under the radar guy and not necessarily some aging star or a guy who is on the way down so you can get him easily.
    Yeah, the flameouts have generally been former starters on big money who have flamed out due to age and poorer reflexes. Happens less for goalies than other positions so probably seems safer.

Another Westberg but younger would be excellent, someone backing up in Ligue 1 or the Prem who’s made some money but actually wants to play.

Ethan Horvath would be a great option. Forrest has loaned him to Luton as the manager doesn’t rate him, but the manager seems to have some geographical biases; when Bryce Samba went out injured last year, Horvath was a better keeper. But he stuck with Samba anyway, which seemed rankly unfair.

Samba then wanted a guarantee of starting in the prem and more money and they turned him down. He went to Ligue 1, and they loaned Dean Henderson from Utd as their starter, and signed a new backup from the championship.

So Horvath, a US Nats keeper who has been a backup twice in England now, was left twisting even though he played really well.

He may not want to give up on the Euro dream yet, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be why he played the 4-2-3-1 the other day (our fifth different formation this season by my count. Eek, this really is a year of experimentation, isn’t it?)

He can play Insigne—Bernadeschi—Ayo underneath Jimenez and we both have a potently more offensive team and one in which the central hole player knows how to press. Early recoveries are a big part of Gegenpress. Makes sense given his relative defensive strength that he’d want Bernardeschi central, but who knows.
    This all makes the most sense with Bob's recent line ups and formation. I'm good as long as Nelsen doesn't start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Twitter rumors that Roma and Juve are both entering discussions with Belotti. Although it would be fun to see him play with TFC, he's probably not the right fit and I would be quite happy for the other Forbes to be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Some Twitter rumors that Roma and Juve are both entering discussions with Belotti. Although it would be fun to see him play with TFC, he's probably not the right fit and I would be quite happy for the other Forbes to be wrong.
    What’s wrong with the fit? (Other than having to probably move JJ)

Seems like the perfect match to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    What’s wrong with the fit? (Other than having to probably move JJ)

Seems like the perfect match to me.
    Sorry poor word use on my part - may not be the optimal allocation of resources to bring on as DP #3. Having JJ and then a MB replacement as our next DP would probably be a better allocation of resources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Cap question:

If we do not sign a DP during this window, does that mean we can convert Michael Bradley to DP status and open up a lot of TAM?

He's at $1,500,000, which is DP money bought down with TAM. If we don't sign a DP, he can become a DP and open up, what $900,000 worth of TAM?
    My understanding is that MB can be a DP, at least for the first half of the season, if not the second. The only reason to not DP him is if we would not use all of our xAM this season, in which case it's better to only have two DPs. Teams with only two DPs receive additional GAM in the following season (I think).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Sorry poor word use on my part - may not be the optimal allocation of resources to bring on as DP #3. Having JJ and then a MB replacement as our next DP would probably be a better allocation of resources.
    Fair enough. I personally think Belotti is special enough to make the exception for but a lockdown CM would certainly solidify the team and require less adjustment thereafter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all makes the most sense with Bob's recent line ups and formation. I'm good as long as Nelsen doesn't start.
    He needs to start JMR. That would make me happy.