Page 125 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yes, and Paul McCartney didn't wear shoes once....
    Origins of the first fan theory!

Senior grade school memories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are going to make me go through all of TFC's social media to figure out where Salcedo and Poz were before they left, aren't you?
    I'll be back in an hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    You guys are going to make me go through all of TFC's social media to figure out where Salcedo and Poz were before they left, aren't you?
    I'll be back in an hour.
    Don't noxx98. Plz don't!
    I prefer you reminding us that there is... some/enough... cap space now. How much by your estimate?
    Moreover, how much more there may be with the various personnel/contract permutations of the winter window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Don't noxx98. Plz don't!
    I prefer you reminding us that there is... some/enough... cap space now. How much by your estimate?
    Moreover, how much more there may be with the various personnel/contract permutations of the winter window.
    We have like ~$3M available if we don't sign a new DP and Bradley fills that slot, and $1.5M if we sign a new DP and move Bradley to TAM. I have read that any unused TAM money can be rolled over for one year before it expires - I'm unsure about GAM. So if we don't think it's worth using this year, there could be some benefits to rolling over TAM to the following year.

Best I could find was a video from a gameday where Salcedo was sitting to Bradley's right, which would be comparable to where Insigne is sitting in in the Bernie video. It could be that they put the DPs + Bradley in the middle to act as leaders for the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have like ~$3M available if we don't sign a new DP and Bradley fills that slot, and $1.5M if we sign a new DP and move Bradley to TAM. I have read that any unused TAM money can be rolled over for one year before it expires - I'm unsure about GAM. So if we don't think it's worth using this year, there could be some benefits to rolling over TAM to the following year.

Best I could find was a video from a gameday where Salcedo was sitting to Bradley's right, which would be comparable to where Insigne is sitting in in the Bernie video. It could be that they put the DPs + Bradley in the middle to act as leaders for the team.
    Or Mikey is there to help translate.

Could be they misspelled criscito’s name plate and are getting it redone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update noxx98. Much appreciated.

Realistically... I think your both right.

A little bit of this...
    It could be that they put the DPs + Bradley in the middle to act as leaders for the team.
    A little bit of that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Or Mikey is there to help translate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update noxx98. Much appreciated.

Realistically... I think your both right.

A little bit of this...

A little bit of that...
    Also could be they had Salcedo, Poz, placeholder for Insigne, then Bradley. Insigne shows up, then the other two leave, so they put Berna in Salcedo's spot so there's some legroom for Insigne's long legs. Maybe no one else wanted to move lockers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On rare occassions I think BBradley telegraphs his thoughts, ideas and maybe intentions.
    At the TFC Bernardeschi Presser he mentioned iconic Italian football figure defender Franchino Baresi; a dated but meaningful reference.
    My question... relatively speaking... any opinions on if there is someone currently within MLS that may fit that mold?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... so there's some legroom for Insigne's long legs. Maybe no one else wanted to move lockers.
    They are a fine pair of legs.

Also as simple as no one can be bothered to move; comfortable or superstitions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On rare occassions I think BBradley telegraphs his thoughts, ideas and maybe intentions.
    At the TFC Bernardeschi Presser he mentioned iconic Italian football figure defender Franchino Baresi; a dated but meaningful reference.
    My question... relatively speaking... any opinions on if there is someone currently within MLS that may fit that mold?
    In that presser I found it funny that Singh said "three of the major... four of the major acquisitions TFC has made this year have been Italian". At this point I only count three...
    Starts at around 11:35 https://youtu.be/iLU1OqG0mvw?t=695

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that presser I found it funny that Singh said "three of the major... four of the major acquisitions TFC has made this year have been Italian". At this point I only count three...
    noxx98, you devil!
    Wow! Great ear and catch!
    Completely missed it.
    Misspoke, just nerves, quasi Freudian slip?
    Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Nashville dealt for Moore to deal Eric Miller to us as part of a package for Akinola. They're looking for a striker, we're looking for a right back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Maybe Nashville dealt for Moore to deal Eric Miller to us as part of a package for Akinola. They're looking for a striker, we're looking for a right back.
    don't know much about him, any good?

can see either shaff or akinola (or both)being traded for defensive reinforcements this window.

ideally another CB and a RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know where ChampagnePapi's 'Cessna' is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given how tight a ship TFC has been running lately (other than Kaye), if we don't hear about it from Italian sources I don't think I trust it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given how tight a ship TFC has been running lately (other than Kaye), if we don't hear about it from Italian sources I don't think I trust it.
    I don't think BB would take him, too much of a head case.

He had 18 goals in Turkey last year, although five of those were during his team's final game of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah your right. But hey? Fookit!
    Let's pretend, let's pretend, let's pretend...
    Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario!
    SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli!
    Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario!
    SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli! SuperMario! Balotelli!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-19-2022 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me it sounds like he's trying to say "3 of the 4 major additions" were Italian (Kaye being the non Italian). He forgot the 4 initially then added it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    To me it sounds like he's trying to say "3 of the 4 major additions" were Italian (Kaye being the non Italian). He forgot the 4 initially then added it.
    and the voice of reason to crush my...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i doubt they move ayo unless another striker is coming in.miller is a average back,im not giving up any assets for him maybe 100k and a 2nd pick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i doubt they move ayo unless another striker is coming in.miller is a average back,im not giving up any assets for him maybe 100k and a 2nd pick
    Don't worry we have Perruzza to complete the Italian front three, we can let Ayo go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry we have Perruzza to complete the Italian front three, we can let Ayo go

no offence to perruzza but not the italian i was hoping for
    im holding out for BALO
    Last edited by reggie; 07-20-2022 at 12:04 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else feeling a bit meh with Balotelli?

He is very hot and cold for goals, and he's a nut case with lots of baggage.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Yeah, I am and he seems a slightly odd target for Bob Bradley, a wild card. And how long would he stay? I hope we stop the DP revolving door. As others have suggested it makes sense to sort out the Osorio situation and see how the four major adds do… and please, some real centre-half and full back help now.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-20-2022 at 03:25 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Balotelli was a nut case , not anymore, cleaned up his act big time, I take Balo in a NY minute , as the more I watch JJ the more I’m beginning to believe this is another poor decision made by Coach Bradley . I am correct that we are paying JJ close to a million a season?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, I'ma gonna say a 200 follower betting guy who seems to spend most of his time being a puckhead isn't really going to have trusted inside TFC sources nobody else has.

Lets see if anything drops in Italy or Turkey first before we rush to claim Balo as one of ours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That caight my eye in a different way. If Bob were the true originator and driver of the Italian Job, Bob wouldn’t be making a joke about it, he takes himself way too seriously. I have speculated elsewhere that the decision to splash a hundred million over there originates with Tanenbaum.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Balotelli was a nut case , not anymore, cleaned up his act big time, I take Balo in a NY minute , as the more I watch JJ the more I’m beginning to believe this is another poor decision made by Coach Bradley . I am correct that we are paying JJ close to a million a season?
    Yes. We should judge the CF with zero service and 8 goals that is being forced to drop deeper than our former #10 to get touches about his low end TAM contract.

And then we should get a vastly overpaid hype clown to come here and underperform as he has for 80% of his career on what would be DP money.

Air must be thin up in 223.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having done an exhaustive review of transfermarkt, as one does, I have concluded that if TFC is bringing in an Italian striker, it's Berardi from Sassuolo.

He is moving this summer. He is just turning 28, and has been a scoring machine over there.

Every major club in Europe is rumoured to be in on him. Sassuolo want 50M euros for him, but the whole deal would be what, 100M euros? Not that much more than Insigne. I mean, what is money for? Are we all in on the Italian Job, or not?

The leaders for him were supposedly Roma but they just signed Dybala… the flaw in my theory would be that it seems he is not a true striker, he plays a lot of winger, we seem full up on expensive Italians with that profile… but so what.

He's available. He's Italian. Shock and awe baby. Lets go.

His wife said they are willing to live anywhere in the world.

https://football-italia.net/berardi-...eave-sassuolo/
    Last edited by ensco; 07-20-2022 at 07:42 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”