Page 142 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i went to church last night and couldnt feel the presence of Jesus again
    Jesus will grace us with his presence at his choosing.
    Such is and always has been his divine nature.
    All the faithful may do is to hope and pray.
    That his goal scoring apparitions happen again and soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I don't care about the process - which specifically is Bill Manning looking at Transfer market and going after the best players who would even entertain joining MLS. That seems to be your big hangup. I only care about the end result and that's getting guys in the door that can make an impact immediately.

At the end of the day there are no bigger names in their prime able to contribute at the level these guys can contribute at coming into MLS (except Gareth Bale, but he was never coming here).

The playerss who have come into the league in 2022 are not top 10% quality in the world. They haven't been tearing up the league and dragging their teams to sky high success. Better players don't want to come here. They are entertaining offers from mid to high level teams in top 5 leagues. We got 2 players who have played at the highest level of football for most of their career and could still easily do so - and you think there are better guys out there we COULD have gone after? Who can not only perform at the highest level of football, but also fulfill the business side of selling tickets, jerseys, sponsorships?
    Insigne is 31. I hope he does amazing for years, despite all the crap in this league: artificial turf, crazy weather and elevation, crazy travel schedules, CONCACAFing, lousy refs that let people get hacked with barely any yellows like last night.

I just checked: Vancouver seriously did not get a single yellow card. I had wiped that from my memory.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 07-27-2022 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    How about he gets all his badges, earns his stripes in a couple of spots, before getting coronated?
    Since it hasn't happened yet none of us can say he won't. He seems like the type that would get his badges but I think his stripes will be earned as assistant here rather than abroad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to read the Voyageurs forum with their over the top Canadian players are perfect attitude, apparently Jayden Nelson was one of the best players for TFC yesterday. Even better than Insigne

https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/f...elson/page/19/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    If you want to read the Voyageurs forum with their over the top Canadian players are perfect attitude, apparently Jayden Nelson was one of the best players for TFC yesterday. Even better than Insigne

Utterly clueless, fooled by a work rate that produces nothing, and positioning that fucks over the rest of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol fucks the team....but oso is 0 - 4 in finals but thats ok,bunch of keyboard warriors on this site eating up 18 and 19 yr olds
    should call this site the sour patch boys
    How is that even remotely relevant? If you have some argument you think will defend continuing to start him, I'd love to hear it.

Also, he's a professional. He's getting paid. This isn't a support group for young footballers, and if he's spending any time here he's twice the fool. "Eating Up 18 and 19 year olds"? Good grief. They'd have to be made of tissue paper to be affected by online chat.

He is not even close to ready to play in MLS regularly. His positioning and decisions were abominable last night.

(And that's not a personal statement. He may be the nicest guy on Earth, but this discussion isn't about people's characters. "Going easy" on the decision to play him, based on his age, would be patronizing.)
    Last edited by jloome; 07-27-2022 at 08:50 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio works his butt off & without him, we were an even worse team this year.

Nelson shows no indication he is anywhere near Oso's trajectory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Utterly clueless, fooled by a work rate that produces nothing, and positioning that fucks over the rest of the team.
    His passing is also terrible. He has no vision, wrong angles, poor weighting, bad touch. I don’t understand how he got to this level with that passing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy shit man .this is getting old ....yes he is not ready ,but how many 18 19 yr olds are ready to start 25 games .blame BB for starting him.he is 19 and its a just a game,people on here calling him garbage.im sure you would like it if they called your kids garbage because he didnt pick the corner last night.
    1) We are blaming BB.

2) He's not your kid. Not an apt analogy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice to like the guy but Nelson's capabilities are not good enough for this league.

Most importantly

Players were actively avoiding passing to him in the second half. When the DP's & TAM players avoid passing to you, you are not long for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is fast, good with the ball at his feet. He doesn't do enough else to know whether he has a future. Certainly this run isn't doing him many favours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and how good was oso at 19 ?
    Why do you keep referencing him? A lot of us thought he wouldn't make it at 24 let alone 19.

Reg, I'm not sure what your point is. Nobody's saying the kid can never play professionally, just that he's nowhere near ready for this now.

I don't think based on CURRENT performance that he's showing a bright future. That doesn't mean if brought along more slowly and sanely that he won't.

We're debating available evidence not outright potential.
    Last edited by jloome; 07-27-2022 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is still a kid and does alot in the community what a POS he is because he track back.its a game,not brain surgery
    Nobody said he was a piece of shit. Don't manufacture outrage.

In case you didn't notice I'm the one who posted the story about him doing community work in the news section earlier this season.

We're discussing his football, not his community credentials.
    Last edited by jloome; 07-27-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

og mentioned that he would prob never be has good has oso?
    A fairly stated opinion, about football, not a personal attack. And Oso is considered an
    elite mid in this league, this season's inconsistencies notwithstanding. We'd be lucky if he hit that for us.

He's a superior athlete at 19 to Oso, but Oso made better decisions from the first day we got him.

The CPL is chock full of great athletes who never quite made the right decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok garbage lol...i embellished it a bit,im moving on from this
    cheers
    cheers. I do not doubt I could stand to be more measured at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologizing for a club with unlimited resources for being a joke in a league that has such a low bar for being ‘competitive’ will never make sense to me.

Watch the next 12 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Apologizing for a club with unlimited resources for being a joke in a league that has such a low bar for being ‘competitive’ will never make sense to me.

Watch the next 12 months.
    for good or bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boy oh boy!

Implosion at Torino!

Seems Belotti got out just in time or this may be in some part a result of his departure?

Sports Director Vagnati caught irate and 'going at it' with Coach Juric while Club Manager Pellegri then tries to get inbetween them in a parking lot.

Listen to the screams near the end off camera.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-27-2022 at 11:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of lack of rumours, will post that the will Forbes character on Twitter is convinced that belotti is signing.

Won't comment on credibility but its something?

It is interesting that he hasn't signed anywhere yet...

Who was that poster on here who knew his family and said if he didn't receive a better offer by the summer he'd be here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would never pay 10mil for him.but its not my money sort of

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would never pay 10mil for him.but its not my money sort of
    It's probably 10 mill gross vs 3 mill net (equivalent of 6 mill gross), lots of confusion between Europe and North America here.

Remember giovinco thought his salary here was net at first lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ BTW, none of this makes any sense. IDK. 3M is not even a low agent's fee on many key football transactions/transfers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    ^ BTW, none of this makes any sense. IDK. 3M is not even a low agent's fee on many key football transactions/transfers.
    3 mill net a year salary is in line with other serie a players tbf,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    It's probably 10 mill gross vs 3 mill net (equivalent of 6 mill gross), lots of confusion between Europe and North America here.

Remember giovinco thought his salary here was net at first lol
    Third Rail leedsandTFC!

Also, if IIUC, MLS salaries are in USD?
    The Euro and USD are almost par; first time since shortly after the Euros adoption.
    MLS buying power is enticing and strong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Third Rail leedsandTFC!

Also, if IIUC, MLS salaries are in USD?
    The Euro and USD are almost par; first time since shortly after the Euros adoption.
    MLS buying power is enticing and strong.
    Yes, also the way European football is trending its unlikely a team will offer a huge contract to a 28 year old without UCL experience.

Anyways we'll see soon enough, it could all be rubbish and he signs for juve next week ����

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanna throw this in here. I respect Michael Bradley to no end and will forever say his debut game against Seattle is the best game we have ever seen from a midfielder in club history. But, never forget the best midfield duo we have ever seen. Also, the Liam Fraser hype train needs to crash into a mountain and just stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are people still talking about Fraser. sheesh.

On the Bellotti end it is quite intriguing that he hasn’t signed anywhere. What’s he waiting for at this point? Doesn’t the window close in four days?

As for the comments about Nelson. To be clear, he continues to show some flashes of real talent but they typically end in a poor touch or decision. I can see why Bradley is giving him a good run as he does have the potential to maybe make a play. He’s still growing into his game and so I’m giving him lots of leeway this year. Will he turn into something great, probably not because let’s be honest he’d have done it by now. Will he be serviceable, hopefully but he needs to pick his spots and be more composed.

There has been a lot of negativity thrown his way and I think it’s because he shows those flashes of something that lead to nothing. Shaff has been quite poor when he’s played, I’d suggest much worse, and so I’m not surprised he hasn’t gotten game time over Nelson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

Just out of curiosity I am wondering what game they were watching because it was not the one I was. Not even close. He gave away the ball 95% of the time he tried to make a play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea that people in here don't want youth to succeed is....weird. Every single youth has had a game this year where people were raving about their capability. Unfortunately, for most of them, its been only 1 game.