Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40
  1. #1
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 2022 Toronto FC II Discussion

    TFC II have moved to the new MLS Next pro in 2022 after playing in USL since 2015. They currently do not have a coaching staff including a head coach as far as I know. Will be interesting to see who they name to it after Mike Munoz took a role with the Galaxy. Assistant Coach and TFC legend Danny Dichio took a same role with Sacramento in USL ending a 15 year run with the club as both player and coach. As usual I am expecting the roster to be young made of mostly academy graduates and draft picks with a few others sprinkled in. Also their home playing field has not yet been decided as noted on the schedule which was released today. The field at the training ground that have played on since 2019 does not have lights and such they normally played at 4 pm on Fridays since the first season in USL League One. Wonder where they may end up, Lamport Stadium, BMO Field etc. All 24 games will be streamed on the MLS Next Pro website. Very little info has been released by TFC on the current news of their reserve team, hope this improves.

    https://www.mlsnextpro.com/schedule/matches

    April (5)


    Sunday April 3 @Cincinatti2 2 pm

    Sunday April 10vs NYCFC2 1 pm

    Sunday April 17 vs. Fire2 2 pm

    Sunday April 24 @Crew2 2 pm

    Saturday April 30 vs. Cincinatti2 7 pm



    May (4)

    Sunday May 8 @NYCFC2 4 pm

    Saturday May 14 vs. NER2 7 pm

    Saturday May 21 @Crew2 7pm

    Friday May 27 vs. Fire2 7 pm



    June (4)

    Thursday June 2 @Rochester 7 pm

    Saturday June 11 vs. Union2 8 pm

    Saturday June 18 @NYCFC2 1 pm

    Friday June 24 vs. Inter Miami2 7 pm



    July (4)

    Sunday July 3 vs. Rev2 7 pm

    Sunday July 10 vs. Crew2 7 pm

    Monday July 18 @Union 2 6 pm

    Sunday July 31 @NER2 7 pm



    August (4)

    Sunday August 7 vs. Orlando B 7 pm

    Friday August 12 @Rochester 7 pm

    Sunday August 21 vs. Cincinatti2 7 pm

    Thursday August 25 @Fire2 8 pm



    September (3)

    Saturday September 3 @Inter Miami2 7 pm

    Sunday September 11 vs. Rochester 5 pm

    Sunday September 18 @Orlando City2 3 pm

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    TFC II have moved to the new MLS Next pro in 2022 after playing in USL since 2015. They currently do not have a coaching staff including a head coach as far as I know. Will be interesting to see who they name to it after Mike Munoz took a role with the Galaxy. Assistant Coach and TFC legend Danny Dichio took a same role with Sacramento in USL ending a 15 year run with the club as both player and coach. As usual I am expecting the roster to be young made of mostly academy graduates and draft picks with a few others sprinkled in. Also their home playing field has not yet been decided as noted on the schedule which was released today. The field at the training ground that have played on since 2019 does not have lights and such they normally played at 4 pm on Fridays since the first season in USL League One. Wonder where they may end up, Lamport Stadium, BMO Field etc. All 24 games will be streamed on the MLS Next Pro website. Very little info has been released by TFC on the current news of their reserve team, hope this improves.

    https://www.mlsnextpro.com/schedule/matches

    April (5)


    Sunday April 3 @Cincinatti2 2 pm

    Sunday April 10vs NYCFC2 1 pm

    Sunday April 17 vs. Fire2 2 pm

    Sunday April 24 @Crew2 2 pm

    Saturday April 30 vs. Cincinatti2 7 pm



    May (4)

    Sunday May 8 @NYCFC2 4 pm

    Saturday May 14 vs. NER2 7 pm

    Saturday May 21 @Crew2 7pm

    Friday May 27 vs. Fire2 7 pm



    June (4)

    Thursday June 2 @Rochester 7 pm

    Saturday June 11 vs. Union2 8 pm

    Saturday June 18 @NYCFC2 1 pm

    Friday June 24 vs. Inter Miami2 7 pm



    July (4)

    Sunday July 3 vs. Rev2 7 pm

    Sunday July 10 vs. Crew2 7 pm

    Monday July 18 @Union 2 6 pm

    Sunday July 31 @NER2 7 pm



    August (4)

    Sunday August 7 vs. Orlando B 7 pm

    Friday August 12 @Rochester 7 pm

    Sunday August 21 vs. Cincinatti2 7 pm

    Thursday August 25 @Fire2 8 pm



    September (3)

    Saturday September 3 @Inter Miami2 7 pm

    Sunday September 11 vs. Rochester 5 pm

    Sunday September 18 @Orlando City2 3 pm
    Wow, they really seem behind the pace on this thing. Who's running this league?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Wow, they really seem behind the pace on this thing. Who's running this league?
    Haha! Love it 👍🏻

  4. #4
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Haha! Love it 
    Love what, you planning on some games?

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Love what, you planning on some games?
    The stab at Curtis

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No home game starts later than 7:00pm and the early season games are in the afternoon and the only game in September starts at 5pm. Maybe they think they can finish their games before it gets dark?
    Games at the training center would be a money saver.

  7. #7
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Considering they needed a stadium with lights as there will be night games this up coming season playing at Lions Stadium on the campus of York is actually pretty good being just a few footsteps from the subway. The only other option I saw was going back downtown to Lamport Stadium.


    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  8. #8
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks like they signed new head coach Gianni Cimini
    https://www.torontofc.ca/news/gianni...-ii-head-coach

  9. #9
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both of the Reds Super Draft picks in 2022 have been signed to MLS Next Pro contracts, GK Lukas Gavran and forward Reshaun Walkes. Fully expecting Gavran to be the #1 for TFC II this season.

    Toronto FC II add two MLS SuperDraft picks to roster | RSL Monarchs

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  10. #10
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Season opener for the Reds II at Cincinnati. Stream is on the MLS Next Pro website. What a 24 hours it has been for Kobe Franklin, starting for TFC II after being in the 18 at BMO yesterday. One of DeRo's sons also in the lineup.


    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Adisa De Rosario is a goalkeeper. I had found it strange that TFCII only have Gavran as a keeper, but since MLS NextPro allows 11 academy players on the roster, seems like they are making full use of that.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Adisa De Rosario is a goalkeeper. I had found it strange that TFCII only have Gavran as a keeper, but since MLS NextPro allows 11 academy players on the roster, seems like they are making full use of that.
    Today, April 8th, TFC II announced that TFC loaned them back up goalie Greg Ranjitsingh.

    Also TFC II tweeted for fans NOT to come to York Lions Stadium until further notice.

    We CPL York United FC fans at York Lions Stadium on Thursday night got to see Osaze De Rosario (a forward), another son of Dwane De Rosario, came in at 76 minutes and played well.
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 04-08-2022 at 07:25 PM.

  13. #13
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Had a great at the TFC II game this afternoon for their home opener. What a beautiful day it was for a match. Ralph's kid brother Hugo had a big day with a brace and a lot of good chances. Ran into Bob and talked about the VAR review on Jayden's goal last night, still don't get it as his foot was on the ball the entire time.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    Today, April 8th, TFC II announced that TFC loaned them back up goalie Greg Ranjitsingh.

    Also TFC II tweeted for fans NOT to come to York Lions Stadium until further notice.

    We CPL York United FC fans at York Lions Stadium on Thursday night got to see Osaze De Rosario (a forward), another son of Dwane De Rosario, came in at 76 minutes and played well.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFCII beat NYCFCII 3-1. Here are the goals (Paul Rothrock and Hugo Mbonguex2)
    Rothrock involved on all three goals (goal, hit crossbar that HM finished, interception+assist on the third goal)



    Last edited by rydermike; 04-10-2022 at 04:17 PM.

  15. #15
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wasn't too sure where to put this, but I came across the U15 Generation Adidas cup quarterfinal between TFC and LAFC on right now..it's on twitch here:
    https://www.twitch.tv/mls

  16. #16
    RPB Member
    Membership Team

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you have to pay to watch a TFC 11 game at York stadium or just show your TFC season pass like at the TFC Training location?

  17. #17
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Jones View Post
    Do you have to pay to watch a TFC 11 game at York stadium or just show your TFC season pass like at the TFC Training location?
    It is part of our season ticket package, so yes if its officially open to the general public you would just show your membership card. I went to one of the two games at the training ground last year that was open and they were most concerned with my vaccination status that actually seeing my membership. I do not think they are overly concerned about it in general.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Results and details of the Sunday April 17/22 MLSNEXT Pro game between Toronto FC II and Chicago Fire II played at York Lions Stadium in North York.

    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports22/22tfc216.htm
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 04-17-2022 at 09:55 PM.

  19. #19
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post


    Results and details of the Sunday April 17/22 MLSNEXT Pro game between Toronto FC II and Chicago Fire II played at York Lions Stadium in North York.

    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports22/22tfc216.htm
    It is great you got in =today. Still not really sure what the issue is with letting the general public in as opposed to what they are doing by letting in family and friends, nothing from the past suggests they would get hit with huge numbers at the gate if they did. I rather enjoyed going last weekend after being invited by a player, quite enjoy being able to hear all the dialogue on the pitch and from the bench.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Result and details from the Friday May 27/22 MLS NEXT Pro game between Toronto FC II and Chicago Fire FC II played at York Lions Stadium.

    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports22/22tfc231.htm

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    Result and details from the Friday May 27/22 MLS NEXT Pro game between Toronto FC II and Chicago Fire FC II played at York Lions Stadium.

    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports22/22tfc231.htm
    Thank you for your usual diligence, Robin.

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFC II travel to Saskatchewan for an August 3rd exhibition game against Sunderland AFC U-23's. They're selling tickets for Mosaic Stadium in Regina yet we still can't see them at York Lions Stadium unless we are relatives of the players.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Three first team backups coming in on loan
    https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...ainst-union-ii

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Result and details of the Sat June 11/22 MLS NEXT Pro game between Toronto FC II and Philadelphia Union II played at York Lions Stadium.

    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...2/22tfc237.htm

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    Result and details of the Sat June 11/22 MLS NEXT Pro game between Toronto FC II and Philadelphia Union II played at York Lions Stadium.
    Robin, I really appreciate your covering the developmental leagues and teams. I must say, your reports are excellent and better than many of the journalists covering the first team.

  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Robin, I really appreciate your covering the developmental leagues and teams. I must say, your reports are excellent and better than many of the journalists covering the first team.
    Thanks. Remember, by the middle of the week I add photos and more of a play by play but with three games a weekend that gets put off until I have some down time.

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Result and details of the Sunday July 3/22 MLS NEXT Pro game between Toronto FC II and New England Revolution II played at York Lions Stadium. First home game where we've seen a PK contest settle a 90 minute tie.

    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...2/22tfc240.htm

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Result and details of the July 10/22 MLS NEXT Pro game between Toronto FC II and Columbus Crew 2 game at York Lions Stadium. Two consecutive successful PK extra time results for TFC II.
    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...2/22tfc242.htm

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFCII with their 5th* consecutive win today. Only 2 goals against in those games.

    2 of those 5 wins were PK shootout wins since MLSNP doesn't do ties.

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default





    We’re all watching the wrong TFC team, apparently. How do we convince the first team to play like this?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •