Page 91 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Okay let's go through some of these points:

1) Priso would not be an adequate current Bradley replacement. Bradley is being used at DM as he lost his wheels. Priso is not a DM and that's pretty evident if you've watched him. He will pan out to be a box to box buy like Bradley was from 2014 to 2018. Now we have Kaye to do that job for 4 years so that's done. We need a real DM and Priso isn't it. Also currently Bradley is better than Priso.

2) The window opened 2 days ago. Everything doesn't fall on day one especially intra league moves and there's only so many internationals you can fit in and afford.

3) MAK isn't a journeyman. He got moved once after he found his footing in LA because LAFC changed managers and needed GAM replenishment.

on #2, We need defenders immediately. If we don't get any, will you agree was not a good window? We don't need international defenders even, some serviceable North Americans would suffice. And we dumped Auro and Lawrence who were quite good, and certainly better than who we replaced them with.

Hope it works out with MAK. I think the price was steep though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    I'd like some defenders? Can we agree on that at least?
    Yes we do and a league game clean sheet.

i have a new game Where’s Bernie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post

Lol...he is starting tonight alongside Insigne....oops....those tickets on the secondary market priced in Insigne playing at least....

Did I hear right correctly, last game was the 26th in a row without a clean sheet? Wow....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on #2, We need defenders immediately. If we don't get any, will you agree was not a good window? We don't need international defenders even, some serviceable North Americans would suffice. And we dumped Auro and Lawrence who were quite good, and certainly better than who we replaced them with.
    We do need them sooner than later but it's also July 9th.

But I think our defense is being judged harshly slightly. Obviously our FBs are inconsistent. I won't say they are shit or anything because they got tossed into the deep end but a lot of our issues are starting in the midfield and I still say we could have Zimmerman & a 28 year old Chad Marshall back there and it still would have been ugly because they were hung out to dry. But we are going to do some defensive reshuffling because Salcedo will be going and that might be a shoe that needs to drop to do the next move. But yes we need some experience there to be where we need to be but I am not writing off this window on day #3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I don't. We can all post our opinions. I am sure many agree with me that MB is past it. And we need defenders. Badly.

If someone makes a valid point, I'll agree. There isn't a "like" function here so it doesn't mean I don't agree.

But you called me biased, so how am I biased? Biased to what?
    You have a bias against both BB and MB whether it is earned or not is a questionable.

People can dislike coaches and players. That is fine. People with irrational focus on both are difficult to engage with.

You will not hear an opinion that disagrees with yours on either MB or BB, you won't even listen to those who share your some of you opinions but disagree with your conclusions. If you do not think that is evidence of bias, I am unsure what is.

If you are as open to other opinions as you claim, why is every post so one note, confrontational, and fixated?

I haven't seen a "good post, hadn't thought of that", tone in any of your responses to people making valid criticism of your post. Every response simply doubles down on the original point. Often aggressively so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meanwhile, in #BernieWatch news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do need them sooner than later but it's also July 9th.

But I think our defense is being judged harshly slightly. Obviously our FBs are inconsistent. I won't say they are shit or anything because they got tossed into the deep end but a lot of our issues are starting in the midfield and I still say we could have Zimmerman & a 28 year old Chad Marshall back there and it still would have been ugly because they were hung out to dry. But we are going to do some defensive reshuffling because Salcedo will be going and that might be a shoe that needs to drop to do the next move. But yes we need some experience there to be where we need to be but I am not writing off this window on day #3.
    Hope it works out but time is of the essence. And I agree some of the youngsters were tossed into the deep end which wasn't their fault. But they never should have been put into that position. Am still stunned Bradley thought Shaffuleburgh/Petrasso/Thompson were able to play as defenders as this level. Not even remotely close to Auro and Lawrence. I'd love to be a fly on the wall into the thinking around why they got dumped.

Agreed with the issues starting in the midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Priso was moved on because we plan on picking up a CDM. If he was about to be buried behind a new DP, and MB the backup, it starts to look like better business.

Given the number of moving pieces we have to continue to wait and see. I bet this continues to be a busy window.

Soon to come?

FB in now that Poz is out.
    Salcedo moves out officially.
    New DP in to replace Salcedo. (My preference being a new DP CDM)
    Perhaps Henry in from waivers.
    A LB coming in from anywhere.

We are still nowhere near our 3-4 players beside Insigne. Really hoping it all comes good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope it works out but time is of the essence. And I agree some of the youngsters were tossed into the deep end which wasn't their fault. But they never should have been put into that position. Am still stunned Bradley thought Shaffuleburgh/Petrasso/Thompson were able to play as defenders as this level. Not even remotely close to Auro and Lawrence. I'd love to be a fly on the wall into the thinking around why they got dumped.

Agreed with the issues starting in the midfield.
    The issues with Lawrence and Auro have all been out out into the press. Poor attitude and or training commitment. The absolute melting of culture needed to be fixed. They are the first casualties.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    The issues with Lawrence and Auro have all been out out into the press. Poor attitude and or training commitment. The absolute melting of culture needed to be fixed. They are the first casualties.
    And that's also why we used so many kids and sometimes at new positions. We jettisoned so many players with questionable attitudes and traits that it's impossible to replace them all in the winter window without taking on random out of contract MLS trash (ie. our old way of doing stuff).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a bias against both BB and MB whether it is earned or not is a questionable.

People can dislike coaches and players. That is fine. People with irrational focus on both are difficult to engage with.

You will not hear an opinion that disagrees with yours on either MB or BB, you won't even listen to those who share your some of you opinions but disagree with your conclusions. If you do not think that is evidence of bias, I am unsure what is.

If you are as open to other opinions as you claim, why is every post so one note, confrontational, and fixated?

I haven't seen a "good post, hadn't thought of that", tone in any of your responses to people making valid criticism of your post. Every response simply doubles down on the original point. Often aggressively so.

Dude, I don't even know what to say. Speaking aggressively, what are you talking about? I have been literally told to f off from here a number of times...had another guy who supposedly has us on ignore keep posting about me in self proclaimed diatribes to try and get me to leave..another told me I lack any understanding of football, others saying that I clearly don't care about the team, or to ignore me, etc...come on man. You are saying I can dislike coaches and players, but then call me "irrational" (ouch!?) and are posting against me for not liking the coaching and some of the play I see out there. I pay a LOT of money to watch this team, hoping for wins, but sitting through some debacles like opening day or last game. Still I keep watching no matter what as a die hard fan. I love this team, and put my money where my mouth is. I demand excellence and want us to compete. We are huge market, I want trophies like the old days.

I read everyone's posts here. I don't tell them off r dismiss them, and I often try to say good post or whatever since you can't "like" a post here. We all want the best for this team. Remember I was called out with some others after we beat Montreal (great win by the way). Not sure why I had to be called out for us winning? I want us to win EVERY SINGLE time. Let me post how I like, and you post how you like. Deal? And I like your posts in general for what its worth. No point going back and forth on this, we have a game to win tonight! Cheers bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Meanwhile, in #BernieWatch news.

I really hope so; am believing...

But... uhh, what I am about to pass along has to be complete utter bulls**t.
    It has to be right? Don't crucify me...
    Maybe someone way better at the internet can quickly debunk or confirm this?
    I joked earlier, but if true this will turn into some epic level Roy Keane/Blackburn/ManU nonsense.
    It's been suggested to me this person is somehow connected to Fede; by dog/s?
    And that person states Fede is not coming!

It can't be this straightforward?

https://twitter.com/MoniBramb/status...64619266588673

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone actually watched Osorio and MAK play together for the MNT? This is my $0.02 but it’s not a very natural combo.

And sometimes feels like 1 + 1 = 1.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never heard of Auro having an attitude problem under Vanney, Armas or Perez?

And Lawrence was brought in by Manning/Curtis/Armas who knew him from Red Bulls...if he was such an attitude problem, why did they bring him here in the first place?

But hey, if they were problems, then yes by all means get rid of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never heard of Auro having an attitude problem under Vanney, Armas or Perez?

And Lawrence was brought in by Manning/Curtis/Armas who knew him from Red Bulls...if he was such an attitude problem, why did they bring him here in the first place?

But hey, if they were problems, then yes by all means get rid of them.
    Auro apparently went off with Soteldo in Florida and skipped practices and meetings. Not sure I would call it an attitude problem because he wasn't like that before and those were strange times but I can see how you wouldn't wan't that attitude around all these new kids. They can pick up bad habits.

As for Lawrence he is too committed to his side businesses and is absent a lot. Again, not sure I would call that an attitude problem but it doesn't set a good example for young players if you allow a guy to miss practices and such to go do business meetings.

It's an optics thing and I believe they knew they were going to bring up a lot of youth and didn't want any negativity to possibly influence them. That's understandable when setting up a workplace with new, young staff. Remove the old ones who may interfere with the young ones succeeding. I've done that myself before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I think you may be right. I can definitely see MB staying with the club post retirement and working in some type of coaching or managerial role, and essentially being the face of the franchise.

Not sure how I would feel about that. Although he definitely has the background and football knowledge, I have heard stories about his personality which suggests he is difficult to work and get along with because of his demanding nature.
    I suspect that the true leader/negotiator/closer on the Italian transactions is somebody very very very very very close to Bob Bradley, somebody Bob trusts more than anybody, a former Serie A player who played for a big team there, and for years in Italy, somebody who speaks Italian, somebody whose wife is Italian… but we are never going to know, and you will never see that individual in restaurants with players or agents in Yorkville.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro apparently went off with Soteldo in Florida and skipped practices and meetings. Not sure I would call it an attitude problem because he wasn't like that before and those were strange times but I can see how you wouldn't wan't that attitude around all these new kids. They can pick up bad habits.

As for Lawrence he is too committed to his side businesses and is absent a lot. Again, not sure I would call that an attitude problem but it doesn't set a good example for young players if you allow a guy to miss practices and such to go do business meetings.

It's an optics thing and I believe they knew they were going to bring up a lot of youth and didn't want any negativity to possibly influence them. That's understandable when setting up a workplace with new, young staff. Remove the old ones who may interfere with the young ones succeeding. I've done that myself before.

Had no idea they did that...then by all means good riddance to them.

And yes, agreed the same on the workplace. Have had to make some tough calls getting rid of experencied staff who didn't want to follow and were becoming a bad influence or negatively impacting the development of other up and coming staff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I suspect that the true leader/negotiator/closer on the Italian transactions is somebody very very very very very close to Bob Bradley, somebody Bob trusts more than anybody, a former Serie A player who played for a big team there, and for years in Italy, somebody who speaks Italian, somebody whose wife is Italian… but we are never going to know, and you will never see that individual in restaurants with players or agents in Yorkville.

Now that's a good call..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Has anyone actually watched Osorio and MAK play together for the MNT? This is my $0.02 but it’s not a very natural combo.

Yes. They have started together several times against minnows, and their one big test on the big stage was when they started together in a 4-3-1-2 against the USA on January 30. In what was probably the most important single game of all of them in the qualifying run. MAK behind Oso, who was the “1”.

Oso was outstanding, it was probably his best single game in the ocho. He had the key touch on the Larin goal, and dropped back to help out as needed. MAK had problems, he got beat several times by Pulisic and McKennie, but got bailed out each time. Herdman subbed MAK out early in the second half.

It was an unusual formation for the CMNT too, so not sure how much there is to say about lessons learned there.

Not obviously a Bradley formation so I don’t know what to say about that

EDIT: So many games, you forget the details…. I was at the Hamilton game so remember it so vividly… I went looking and they both also started the away game at Mexico last October at the Azteca. Also a massive game. Oso scored. Looks like it was a 4-2-3-1, Kaye beside Eustaquio. So obviously more relevant for Bradley/TFC. Kaye went 77 minutes in that one. That was Canada's best, most complete game of the whole tournament, everyone played well that day.

Conclusion: Herdman put them both out there in probably the two biggest games of the whole ocho.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-09-2022 at 12:32 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I am being a little tongue an cheek with Bernie . My criticism with everything, the front office appears like we are always desperate to do deals rather than, we are the guys with the money that you want to be with. Watching as a armchair GM, we played our hand with Poz, unless of course the deal was done, and this is minor things, we shall see.
    In all seriousness, where can there be a better place to be than Toronto for Bernie . A global city, decent football, paid really well but anonymous enough if you want to disappear you can except in Italian pockets of the city. He clearly wont be a regular starter for a top 5 team in a top 5 league based on his last teams track record.

That doesn’t mean he isn’t awesome and isn’t going to be awesome… it is just saying it like it is. If he doesn’t want to be here then i dont want him, if he does perfect.

I think this will transform his earning potential and his career if he is smart…. MLSE is a monster organization even in world sporting franchises. It is too bad Gio’s agent screwed that up for him… still a legend though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

This could be a system thing. They may not work well as a 2 in 4-4-2. Being two eights in a 4-3-3 may work out completely differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yes. They have started together several times against minnows, and their one big test on the big stage was when they started together in a 4-3-1-2 against the USA on January 30. In what was probably the most important single game of all of them in the qualifying run. MAK behind Oso, who was the “1”.

Oso was outstanding, it was probably his best single game in the ocho. He had the key touch on the Larin goal, and dropped back to help out as needed. MAK had problems, he got beat several times by Pulisic and McKennie, but got bailed out each time. Herdman subbed MAK out early in the second half.

It was an unusual formation for the CMNT too, so not sure how much there is to say about lessons learned there.

Not obviously a Bradley formation so I don’t know what to say about that

EDIT: So many games, you forget the details…. I went looking and they both also started the away game at Mexico last October at the Azteca. Also a massive game. Oso scored. Looks like it was a 4-2-3-1, Kaye beside Eustaquio. So obviously more relevant for Bradley/TFC. Kaye went 77 minutes in that one. That was Canada's best, most complete game of the whole tournament, everyone played well that day.

Conclusion: Herdman put them both out there in probably the two biggest games of the whole ocho.
    They were also both out of season in that game, playing against probably the best midfielder in the region. Mckennie was absolutely absent from that game because of the work of Oso, and MAK.

I think systematically they can work out very well together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I am being a little tongue an cheek with Bernie . My criticism with everything, the front office appears like we are always desperate to do deals rather than, we are the guys with the money that you want to be with. Watching as a armchair GM, we played our hand with Poz, unless of course the deal was done, and this is minor things, we shall see.
    In all seriousness, where can there be a better place to be than Toronto for Bernie . A global city, decent football, paid really well but anonymous enough if you want to disappear you can except in Italian pockets of the city. He clearly wont be a regular starter for a top 5 team in a top 5 league based on his last teams track record.

That doesn’t mean he isn’t awesome and isn’t going to be awesome… it is just saying it like it is. If he doesn’t want to be here then i dont want him, if he does perfect.

I think this will transform his earning potential and his career if he is smart…. MLSE is a monster organization even in world sporting franchises. It is too bad Gio’s agent screwed that up for him… still a legend though.
    It does seem like the only way we can attract DP's is by overpaying them. Although we may perceive Toronto as a global city and a good place to live, that may not be the perception elsewhere. Look at the Raptors, a well run organization that has never been able to attract a top end free agent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will play as the two 8… eventually they sign a new 6. Prefer a dp 6 that can control the tempo of the game.

get a younger domestic CB and FBs… as I think Cristico best value on this team would be a CB to command the line.

With Insinge, Jesus and bernadeschi (probably) up front

the balance of the this season is to build the chemistry and contention next year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    They will play as the two 8… eventually they sign a new 6. Prefer a dp 6 that can control the tempo of the game.
    May as well make it Eustaquio. We know how well he works with our guys, and if we are spending $100M elsewhere… I mean, the transfer fee to Porto would be rounding error…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A domestic CB sounds like Doneil music

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    A domestic CB sounds like Doneil music
    We probably gotta do better than Doneil to replace Salcedo. A Henry/Mavinga backline could be scary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we think that Salcedo's tweet countdown is going to reach 0 today or will it be 0.25?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We probably gotta do better than Doneil to replace Salcedo. A Henry/Mavinga backline could be scary.
    Why not Henry criscitio?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    It does seem like the only way we can attract DP's is by overpaying them. Although we may perceive Toronto as a global city and a good place to live, that may not be the perception elsewhere. Look at the Raptors, a well run organization that has never been able to attract a top end free agent.
    As a day one fan I don’t care how much we pay for our DPs , when I look back at the garbage players we had and now Toronto FC has two players that have a European championship medal , this is fantastic can’t wait to see who replaces that pylon Salcedo