Page 51 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My optimism about Insigne's capability is tempered by the knowledge of how good the group around him has been.

As Bradley said in the presser today, you have to get him the ball in situations where he can do things, including finishing.

The key here is the midfield duo of Poz & Oso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like things are picking up on the transfer front finally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    My optimism about Insigne's capability is tempered by the knowledge of how good the group around him has been.

As Bradley said in the presser today, you have to get him the ball in situations where he can do things, including finishing.

The key here is the midfield duo of Poz & Oso.
    He himself named those two as standouts, aling with Bradley. I remember Poz's face lighting up earlier this year when asked about how eager he was for Insigne's arrival. It's hard not to get too optimistic but things are looking bright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

doesnt sound like filler type signings,but who knows with manning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I’ve recently realized is that there should never ever be a rebuild at TFC. I know several were saying rebuild before but I now see that as never an option.

If you look at the Insigne signing from a distance, it changes the entire way the team is set up. One single signing does this. We basically went from no wing to the best wing in the league while getting Poz and Oso back to where they play the best.

This signing also attracts other key pieces to fill other holes. Again one signing does this

Basically I’ll never accept any form of rebuild. If one signing can do the above then TFC should be able to buy their way out of every problem.

I doubt I’m articulating my view that well so go easy on the hate. Like large Euro clubs, we may fail one year but there’s no reason this club can’t get out of their mistakes fast. I get the cap issues but that’s not more than an inconvenience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    One thing I’ve recently realized is that there should never ever be a rebuild at TFC. I know several were saying rebuild before but I now see that as never an option.

If you look at the Insigne signing from a distance, it changes the entire way the team is set up. One single signing does this. We basically went from no wing to the best wing in the league while getting Poz and Oso back to where they play the best.

This signing also attracts other key pieces to fill other holes. Again one signing does this

Basically I’ll never accept any form of rebuild. If one signing can do the above then TFC should be able to buy their way out of every problem.

I doubt I’m articulating my view that well so go easy on the hate. Like large Euro clubs, we may fail one year but there’s no reason this club can’t get out of their mistakes fast. I get the cap issues but that’s not more than an inconvenience
    I agree with this 100%. With the buying power TFC has a “rebuild” should never happen. Get the right signings and slowly integrate our academy along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo Johnston, is that you? Lol.

I get it takes some time to rebuild but man, what a quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94

RT @theparleh: Lorenzo Insigne was unveiled by @TorontoFC today and The Parleh was there to take it all in.

@jamessharman and @MichaelSin…

In the vid no Gio coming and to me sounds like Layrea coming in ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94

RT @theparleh: Lorenzo Insigne was unveiled by @TorontoFC today and The Parleh was there to take it all in.

@jamessharman and @MichaelSin…

In the vid no Gio coming and to me sounds like Layrea coming in ?
    and probs jr hoilett

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a never rebuild team, you have to accept youth getting significant minutes, have to have a very good academy, & have to accept turnover in positions every year.

Seattle is the only team in MLS that has been able to make this work.

Buying power does not create a never rebuild team in MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    I agree with this 100%. With the buying power TFC has a “rebuild” should never happen. Get the right signings and slowly integrate our academy along the way.
    As long as there's a small-ish salary cap, 3 DPs, and only one buyout a season there will always be the potential to need a rebuild. As long as the academy is putting out useful players that can get some minutes in then it could be sort of a smooth re-tooling but truckloads of money won't change the rules if you make a couple of bad high priced deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he's talking about Belotti and/or Bernardeschi, but Manning does likes to boast, so this might be Laryea and Junior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a never rebuild team, you have to accept youth getting significant minutes, have to have a very good academy, & have to accept turnover in positions every year.

other than morris i dont think its a academy thing,they are always solid up the middle keeper good cbs good cm and a great striker and mls vets that fit in,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle doesn’t drop around 10m on a DP. There’s a difference between them and what I’m saying. If TFC has a top salary DP and a willingness to keep going, there no reason they are not always in the hunt.

10m DP in 2022 should mean a 15m DP in 2024.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a very positive vibe from that presser. Lorenzo sounds bought in to the project. It reminded me of Giovinco's intro.

Now, looking back at Soteldo's 1st interview, one thing stuck out at me at the time, and it was his body language. The guy looked like an arrogant prick.

Anyways, good days are ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on Crisicto's Instagram he was at the airport this morning, presumably to travel to Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destro signed a one-year deal with Empoli to remain in Serie A.

Can't wait to do it all again next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Based on Crisicto's Instagram he was at the airport this morning, presumably to travel to Toronto.
    Yep. Confirmed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Destro signed a one-year deal with Empoli to remain in Serie A.

Can't wait to do it all again next year.
    Glad that ship has sailed (at least for a year). Between Jimenez and Ayo I don't see how Destro is much of a step up for the money it would have cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really enthused by signing 35 year old defenders. It better be a reasonable salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's Hoillett and Layrea they'd wanna tone the hype down.

If it's a mystery box type of scenario - hype away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    If it's Hoillett and Layrea they'd wanna tone the hype down.

If it's a mystery box type of scenario - hype away
    In the most recent Sharman/Singh video, Singh said that the incoming "players are players that the fans in Toronto would recognize" with a big smile on his face. I'm not sure to take that as we would recognize Richie/Junior since they played here (whether for TFC or Canada) or if they're a big name player (like a Bernardeschi).
    https://twitter.com/theparleh/status...68033998749697

(I know not everyone here on this forum loves Singh, but he's putting out a large amount of content on the team, so we will take what we have)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm not really enthused by signing 35 year old defenders. It better be a reasonable salary.
    Some players keep their quality into their late 30s and some fizzle out at 32. Look at Atiba and compare that to someone like Jozy.

I watched Genoa play Napoli this year (on TV) and Criscito was one of Genoa's better players. I suspect he has lots of gas left in the tank.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So we can eliminate Destro from our transfer convos now:

https://www.alfredopedulla.com/uffic...tro-allempoli/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea if at 35 he's lost a step or not but a left back that carries the ball, takes free kicks, penalties and scores goals ... I'll take him. I mean Drew Moor didn't look out of place with us at a similar age ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSp_x2QKGmc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    No idea if at 35 he's lost a step or not but a left back that carries the ball, takes free kicks, penalties and scores goals ... I'll take him. I mean Drew Moor didn't look out of place with us at a similar age ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSp_x2QKGmc
    Between Criscito, Salcedo, Bradley and Westberg, we should be able to really move the ball out of the back. Throw in Mavinga's ability to move forward with the ball and our ability to attack from the back looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see the 3 players Manning mentioned be Criscito, Hoilett and Laryea. With the potential 4th being a DP that requires us to move Poz or Salcedo or a DP that is TAM for this season and then a DP the next.

Note: Option years don’t count towards the cap hit, so you can sign a guy on TAM for 6 months with an option for another two years as a DP. I think this is what the Bale situation currently is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    In the most recent Sharman/Singh video, Singh said that the incoming "players are players that the fans in Toronto would recognize" with a big smile on his face. I'm not sure to take that as we would recognize Richie/Junior since they played here (whether for TFC or Canada) or if they're a big name player (like a Bernardeschi).
    https://twitter.com/theparleh/status...68033998749697

(I know not everyone here on this forum loves Singh, but he's putting out a large amount of content on the team, so we will take what we have)
    Pretty sure he is trying to hint at Hoilett.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going to be a 3rd serie a player on top of insigne and criscito i'd imagine.

ideal situation would be 6 month TAM + 2 year DP (player option) for DP level player.

next year bradley takes much smaller contract, poz slides into bradley contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    As long as there's a small-ish salary cap, 3 DPs, and only one buyout a season there will always be the potential to need a rebuild. As long as the academy is putting out useful players that can get some minutes in then it could be sort of a smooth re-tooling but truckloads of money won't change the rules if you make a couple of bad high priced deals.
    agree. Have to be producing and needing in young players or ver y hard to make it all happen consistently. We haven’t excellwd at that.