Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC 2022 player in-season roster discussion

TFC 2022

General roster discussion

Player in-season moves/speculation/rumours
    Post your speculation/information/etc. here in this thread!

Confirmed (by traditional media or the club) signings can get a separate single thread. All other "inside" and other information goes here.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-26-2022 at 06:51 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wingers and depth, please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Wingers and depth, please!
    insigne, crisito, ayo healthy, possibly destro with jimenez moving over seems to answer those asks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think its Belotti they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I still think its Belotti they want.
    would be an absolute dream with salcedo TAM'd down and jimenez and ayo as depth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in this dream Jimenez goes to the right side of the 4-3-3 & we do REALLY kick ass moving forward.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This the place to talk about Insigne doing well? 1G+1A today to pull Napoli level in the race for the Scudetto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    This the place to talk about Insigne doing well? 1G+1A today to pull Napoli level in the race for the Scudetto.
    he looked great today, incredibly excited for july

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So for Insigne, can he only come to TFC right on July 1st or can he train with the team before then?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So for Insigne, can he only come to TFC right on July 1st or can he train with the team before then?
    Not exactly sure but based on Italy's busy June with 5 games from June 1 thru 14, he made need a bit of a rest regardless.

1 June 2022Finalissima Italy v Argentina
    show
    London, England

4 June 20222022–23 UEFA Nations League Italy v Germany
    show
    Bologna, Italy

7 June 20222022–23 UEFA Nations League Italy v Hungary
    show
    Cesena, Italy

11 June 20222022–23 UEFA Nations League England v Italy
    show
    England

14 June 20222022–23 UEFA Nations League Germany v Italy
    show
    Mönchengladbach, Germany

23 September 20222022–23 UEFA Nations League Italy v England
    show
    Italy

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

July 1 is when he's allowed to train with the TFC unless Napoli give him permission otherwise.
    I don't think the team would need much build up and training to integrate him. By then we should have a system in place and he would just be slotting in to a position. And aside from burnout, I don't think his fitness will be an issue. So it's really just time for him to get comfortable with what the team is doing. and if he's watching the games now, he should be able to pick that shit up real quick.

There's a game against CuntFuck MTL on the 16th - I could see him debuting then - maybe as a sub? That's a derby game though. Do you really want his first appearance in that situation away from home? I wouldn't want those fucks seeing him live before we do.

Charlotte at home on July 23rd seems more likely. Expansion team at home should make for a nice debut.

July 30 is at New England - no thanks. Not on that fucking turf, then Nashville on August 6th but that seems too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    July 1 is when he's allowed to train with the TFC unless Napoli give him permission otherwise.
    I don't think the team would need much build up and training to integrate him. By then we should have a system in place and he would just be slotting in to a position. And aside from burnout, I don't think his fitness will be an issue. So it's really just time for him to get comfortable with what the team is doing. and if he's watching the games now, he should be able to pick that shit up real quick.

There's a game against CuntFuck MTL on the 16th - I could see him debuting then - maybe as a sub? That's a derby game though. Do you really want his first appearance in that situation away from home? I wouldn't want those fucks seeing him live before we do.

Charlotte at home on July 23rd seems more likely. Expansion team at home should make for a nice debut.

July 30 is at New England - no thanks. Not on that fucking turf, then Nashville on August 6th but that seems too late.
    I'd take Montreal fans seeing Insigne before us if he came on in the 65th minute and scored two goals to win the game. I think I am gonna try and get to that Charlotte game though. Not sure I wanna miss Insigne's home debut.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I'd take Montreal fans seeing Insigne before us if he came on in the 65th minute and scored two goals to win the game. I think I am gonna try and get to that Charlotte game though. Not sure I wanna miss Insigne's home debut.
    I mean that is why you get a player of this calibre. To come through in the big games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne is going to start on the the 9th against San Jose.

No way they hold off on him for longer then that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure there's a precedent for MLS teams giving marquee players time off after the European season, but it's hard to justify paying big-time money to let a guy vacation before joining. Unless Insigne is genuinely tired, I think two or three substitute appearances in July is the way to go.

I wish Napoli had less to play for so Insigne could spend some extra time preparing for TFC and MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I'm sure there's a precedent for MLS teams giving marquee players time off after the European season, but it's hard to justify paying big-time money to let a guy vacation before joining. Unless Insigne is genuinely tired, I think two or three substitute appearances in July is the way to go.

I wish Napoli had less to play for so Insigne could spend some extra time preparing for TFC and MLS.
    serie a ends in mid may, he'll be fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    serie a ends in mid may, he'll be fine
    The issue is that Italy plays five times after the domestic season ends. I doubt he starts every game, but they're against some big competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if we'll see Jimenez moved to right wing as an inverted forward, which is what Insigne basically plays on the left. Ayo will be back by then and it would give us a hell of a front line.

Interesting to see the hype continues unabated: https://www.football.london/arsenal-...rpool-23236878

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thinking, but could TFC run a 3-5-2 for the season, using the WB spots for the kids to develop? It would help them develop both their offensive and defensive skills and BB could just cycle through the youth while keeping a central, experienced spine. They could also cycle though one of the strikers for a youth as late-game subs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Report today says Criscito is signed and has been released to Toronto by Genoa, so could be playing for us early in March.

https://www.numero-diez.com/il-toron...-gia-la-firma/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching Salcedo, I’m convinced Cristcito will be a huge signing. Can’t have enough higher end CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    After watching Salcedo, I’m convinced Cristcito will be a huge signing. Can’t have enough higher end CB.
    We would legitimately have the best passing CB duo in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect they'll play him wide a bit, too, to give Shaff more time to learn and adjust without always being in the deep end.

JMR made team of the week.

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/jahkee...am-of-the-week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Just thinking, but could TFC run a 3-5-2 for the season, using the WB spots for the kids to develop? It would help them develop both their offensive and defensive skills and BB could just cycle through the youth while keeping a central, experienced spine. They could also cycle though one of the strikers for a youth as late-game subs.

I definitely think it's a possibility, but Insigne at striker really isn't ideal. He's Serie A's biggest xG underperformer. Despite being known for his trademark curler, he's not a finisher. And he's lightweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard Criscito has been suffering from injuries all year, and won’t be fully healthy until earliest end of March
    Last edited by nick.mastro; 02-28-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    I heard Criscito has been suffering from injuries all year, and won’t be fully healthy until earliest end of March
    An 80% healthy Criscito could be better than a 100% healthy Mavinga. I’ve always been a fan of Mavinga due to his recovery speed but after Saturday, I’m afraid that asset is no longer something to count on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito was arguably Italy's best left-back once upon a time (albeit during the Azzurri's lowest point). He still could be a useful player, but this is a 35-year-old who's missed most of the season. The driving force behind this transfer is likely his friendship with Insigne. Becoming a defensive catalyst would almost be a bonus.

Here's an interview he did in 2018, where he stresses the importance of his family and his pride for how "international" his children are. Have to assume that played a big role in his decision to come to Canada. Clearly has genuine affection for Genoa, so terminating his contract would suggest he really wanted TFC, or at least a new experience.

(The Russia bits haven't aged well, but at least he should be fine during our colder months.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6uKrgTvjlg
    Last edited by Bobo; 03-01-2022 at 01:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How will the captain of Genoa and the captain of Napoli get along with the captain of TFC.....hopefully not all trying to lead in different directions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    How will the captain of Genoa and the captain of Napoli get along with the captain of TFC.....hopefully not all trying to lead in different directions
    They know him from Chievo and Roma, and he speaks fluent Italian, so probably pretty well.