Page 173 of 193 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 5785
  1. #5161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I agree 100% with your view of the Lawrence situation - at the very least Bob did not get enough of a return on him from Minnesota, given the allocation slot we used/wasted on Lawrence, and just should have kept him for that reason alone. (Bob's lighting of resources on fire here has been kind of shocking and is not something he was previously known for.)

    I disagree 1000% with your Oso speculation. The guy is trying to be ready for Qatar (he is not assured minutes) and is in a contract year. There is zero percent chance he is somehow on strike or something. Rather, I suspect that Herdman has asked all the managers of his players to stay silent on injuries. That would explain the silence more readily I think, the level of subterfuge around the world on the injury situation of World Cup players is mindblowing - go ahead and try to find out the status of Tajon Buchanon (or Jordan Henderson - from somewhere other than the Daily Mail. )

    I hope to god Qatar is not in jeopardy for him.
    Speaking on the WC, and for Croatia who will be with Canada in group play, they could care less believe me about secrecy of any player on Canada, Belgium, or Morrocco. WC is a long time away still relatively, many games to play before then. I think Oso is pissed about his contract situation...and even moreso realizing he isn't as in demand outside Canada as he and his reps thought. Best move is to stay here where he is a key part of the team and still very well payed.

  2. #5162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Speaking on the WC, and for Croatia who will be with Canada in group play, they could care less believe me about secrecy of any player on Canada, Belgium, or Morrocco. WC is a long time away still relatively, many games to play before then. I think Oso is pissed about his contract situation...and even moreso realizing he isn't as in demand outside Canada as he and his reps thought. Best move is to stay here where he is a key part of the team and still very well payed.
    At the risk of repeating myself... what? Show me any example of a player holding out mid season in their contract year and it helping them get a better contract. I also think anyone who believes this severely underestimates what is motivating Oso and everyone on that team, which is: minutes in Qatar. That is the only thing that matters to Oso.

    If he is holding himself out, it would be in service to that, which is possible. It's also fine by me, and I bleed TFC red, but country over club on this one. This WC is waaaaaaaaaay more important than TFC's late season playoff situation. (This view may not be popular here I suspect, don't expect me to argue with you if you disagree!)

    You may not have really followed the CMNT or read much about Herdman, who is deeply into "seeking" mental edges everywhere. You may tell me that Croatia don't do it or care, and see it as pointless game playing, I would believe you, and I would believe that about most of the top 10 powerhouse teams like them... but I think lots of other lesser teams besides Canada conduct themselves this way. Most of us don't get into every cycle, thinking they can go deep, the way Croatia does.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-05-2022 at 01:23 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  3. #5163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There’s many reasons Oso may not have signed an extension yet.
    - TFC and Oso may have a handshake agreement for a max TAM deal, however the 2023 TAM limit isn’t known yet. They may be holding out until it’s determined to sign
    - I think if Oso were to sign an extension now, it would impact his salary budget hit for this year. The team may prefer for it to only apply to future years
    - Oso knows he can get a max TAM deal from TFC and is holding out until after the World Cup in case European interest increases, which either means a move to Europe or an extra guaranteed year or two with TFC.

  4. #5164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself... what? Show me any example of a player holding out mid season in their contract year and it helping them get a better contract. I also think anyone who believes this severely underestimates what is motivating Oso and everyone on that team, which is: minutes in Qatar. That is the only thing that matters to Oso. If he is holding himself out iot is in servcie to that which is possible. It's also fine by me, and I bleed TFC red, but country over club on this one. This WC is waaaaaaaaaay more important than TFC's late season playoff situation. (This view may not be popular here I suspect, don't expect me to argue with you if you disagree!)

    I would also say you have not really followed the CMNT or read much about Herdman, who is deeply into "seeking" mental edges everywhere. You may tell me that Croatia don't do it or care, I would believe you, and I would believe that about most of the top 10 powerhouse teams like them... but I would suspect lots of other lesser teams besides Canada conduct themselves this way.
    Hey, I am a big fan of Oso, love his game...and he has to do what he thinks in in his best interest. Some say he isn't a fan of the power the Bradleys have or moves they are making, who knows, maybe he sees the writing on the wall with his contract talks behind the scenes... Oso though if what you are saying the WC is waaaaaaay more important that TFC who is paying him nearly a million a year, then that's a problem. Other teammates are focussed on TFC, anyone whose mind is elsewhere needs to go or change their attitude quick. I saw the little vid on Petite of Montreal, he says he lives in the here and now, and can't stop and worry about the WC...that will come. He still will give his all 100% every time he steps on the pitch no matter what, I can really respect that.

    I can't say that I follow Herdman much, I watch all the Canada games though. Not sure what the secrecy of inuries three months before the WC does for anyone. The clubs pay the players salaries, tfc is not Canada's feeder team, we (TFC) need to be first. Same for Montreal and Vancouver. We pay the bills so to speak. Herdman can seek mental edges but I think for him, he should hope all his players are playing at their clubs to arrive in form. TFC not making the playoffs actually is a bad thing for Canada.

    Anyways, I guess we'll see how this all shakes out soon enough.

  5. #5165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Some say he isn't a fan of the power the Bradleys have or moves they are making,
    Who is saying this other than a few random posters on this board?

  6. #5166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Who is saying this other than a few random posters on this board?
    Where there is smoke there is fire....have seen this in a number of different sites....everyone is a random poster...but you never know. Time will tell, but its not lke Oso can say this publically while trying to sign an extension, his final contract of his career.

  7. #5167
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    18,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Some say he isn't a fan of the power the Bradleys have or moves they are making, who knows, maybe he sees the writing on the wall with his contract talks behind the scenes
    Source?


  8. #5168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Where there is smoke there is fire....
    Where there are trolls there are shit posts.

  9. #5169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Where there are trolls there are shit posts.
    Again with the little digs and name calling. Come on man, no need for that.

  10. #5170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, yeah. How much money are we throwing at Sean Johnson in free agency?

  11. #5171
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,095
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    So, yeah. How much money are we throwing at Sean Johnson in free agency?
    sean johnson, latif blessing and aaron long should be top of the shopping list in terms of free agents.

    those 3 + a DP striker+ re-sign oso and we're cooking.

    (maybe need another couple depth signings).

  12. #5172
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Again with the little digs and name calling. Come on man, no need for that.
    There was no need for you to extend total speculation on my part (and admitted as such)into "I've heard" WHEN YOU HAVEN'T.

    Cite one source. Even a no namer. One link to someone saying Osorio has an issue with them.

    My saying "maybe this is going on" is not a source. That's a suggestion, a guess.

    And you know that. You're not a stupid person.

    The reason we all get pissed at you Hala isn't because of your points or opinions.

    It's because nobody likes grotesque exaggeration or invention presented as a fact to justify your opinion.

    It's not "safe" to suggest because it's a generalization. It's a deception. A fabrication. You haven't heard "some people" saying that, you've just exaggerated my earlier supposition.

    There is no ongoing debate or discussion online about Osorio falling out with the Bradleys or not liking them.

    It's fine to suppose something might be going on. Suggesting it's accepted or debated more broadly than your own opinion is not honest.

    That's what people don't like.

  13. #5173
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    sean johnson, latif blessing and aaron long should be top of the shopping list in terms of free agents.

    those 3 + a DP striker+ re-sign oso and we're cooking.

    (maybe need another couple depth signings).
    Why Blessing? A utility wide player? Plus he's playing at LAFC again.

    Long and Johnson I get.

    I would say our other big need on top of that is for a true number 6. If there was any way to pry Frankie Amaya away from NYRB he'd be perfect. Guy has something ridiculous like six or seven tackles per game most weeks.

  14. #5174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jonathan Osorio has a serious body of work/evidence here, on the question of character.

    My impression of Osorio, based on 10 years of watching him play and being interviewed, through a LOT of good times and bad, is:

    He puts his head down, he shuts up, he works hard.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-05-2022 at 04:26 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  15. #5175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    There was no need for you to extend total speculation on my part (and admitted as such)into "I've heard" WHEN YOU HAVEN'T.

    Cite one source. Even a no namer. One link to someone saying Osorio has an issue with them.

    My saying "maybe this is going on" is not a source. That's a suggestion, a guess.

    And you know that. You're not a stupid person.

    The reason we all get pissed at you Hala isn't because of your points or opinions.

    It's because nobody likes grotesque exaggeration or invention presented as a fact to justify your opinion.

    It's not "safe" to suggest because it's a generalization. It's a deception. A fabrication. You haven't heard "some people" saying that, you've just exaggerated my earlier supposition.

    There is no ongoing debate or discussion online about Osorio falling out with the Bradleys or not liking them.

    It's fine to suppose something might be going on. Suggesting it's accepted or debated more broadly than your own opinion is not honest.

    That's what people don't like.

    Thought you had me on ignore as you have said so many times? Talk about being dishonest...lol.

    No offense, I could care less if you like my posts or not. And who is "we" all? Sect 223 and some others seem to really enjoy my posts. You don't speak on behalf of the board here and are not the mod. You will not tell me what I can or cannot post, or what I post about. I don't need to provide you with any sources. I'll say what I want to say. If you don't like it, deal with it or scroll on. Have a good one.

  16. #5176
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Jonathan Osorio has a serious body of work/evidence here, on the question of character.

    My impression of Osorio, based on 10 years of watching him play and being interviewed, through a LOT of good times and bad, is:

    He puts his head down, he shuts up, he works hard.
    What I admire is he chased his dreams and went down to Uruguay I believe....not easy. He might speak Spanish but at a young age, that was quite a brave move no doubt. And then made it...and is on like nearly a million a year. Set for life...going to a WC, played in some big games and scored away at the Azteca in a WC qualifier...beat the US in a qualifier as well. Won an MLS Cup...not bad for a kid from Toronto.

  17. #5177
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,095
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Why Blessing? A utility wide player? Plus he's playing at LAFC again.

    Long and Johnson I get.

    I would say our other big need on top of that is for a true number 6. If there was any way to pry Frankie Amaya away from NYRB he'd be perfect. Guy has something ridiculous like six or seven tackles per game most weeks.
    Blessing can fill in on the wing, fullback and cm.

    He's playing now but option not been picked up yet, doubt they bring him back.

    I was just looking at free agents, we have trade assets we can use to get more players.

    I reckon Jimenez gets traded, has the ability to succeed in mls if put in the right formation.

  18. #5178
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Jonathan Osorio has a serious body of work/evidence here, on the question of character.

    My impression of Osorio, based on 10 years of watching him play and being interviewed, through a LOT of good times and bad, is:

    He puts his head down, he shuts up, he works hard.
    Yeah, like I said initially, probably just paranoia on my part.

    Concussion shit sounds more likely.

  19. #5179
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,095
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think with Kaye and oso, the club is exercising extreme caution with the world cup fast approaching.

    The goal was always to be competitive in 2023 onwards.

  20. #5180
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    I think with Kaye and oso, the club is exercising extreme caution with the world cup fast approaching.

    The goal was always to be competitive in 2023 onwards.

    The three italians, layrea, oso and kaye is quality. Add a DP striker, a midfielder and a commanding CB, and a serviceable keeper, and we look really good.

  21. #5181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Again with the little digs and name calling. Come on man, no need for that.
    Making something up (or exaggerating it based on a comment that was directly identified as speculation), stating it's a frequent comment elsewhere and then refusing to provide a quick link (or even mention a site) is textbook internet trolling and shit posting.

  22. #5182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Making something up (or exaggerating it based on a comment that was directly identified as speculation), stating it's a frequent comment elsewhere and then refusing to provide a quick link (or even mention a site) is textbook internet trolling and shit posting.
    Apology accepted and we move on.

  23. #5183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Apology accepted
    Didn't apologize, but okay

  24. #5184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Where there are trolls there are shit posts.
    I think the troll claims are pretty overstated.

    Just because someone doesn’t kiss the club’s feet or agree with you doesn’t mean they are trolling.

    Let’s please keep posts somewhat substantive to the topic rather than jabbing.

    I know I personally may be guilty of a jab here and there as well, while I say this.

    But the “trolling” on this site is pretty light for trolling by my comparative experiences and it’s really reductive to call it such rather than ignore.

    (I should also say I appreciate your takes and Hala’s at times for different reasons. I think you clearly put a lot of thought and time in, and I appreciate that Hala is critical and willing to take the heat for it.)
    Last edited by portu; 09-05-2022 at 05:28 PM.

  25. #5185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think the troll claims are pretty overstated.

    Just because someone doesn’t kiss the club’s feet or agree with you doesn’t mean they are trolling.

    Let’s please keep posts somewhat substantive to the topic rather than jabbing.

    I know I personally may be guilty of a jab here and there as well, while I say this.

    But the “trolling” on this site is pretty light for trolling by my comparative experiences and it’s really reductive to call it such rather than ignore.

    (I should also say I appreciate your takes and Hala’s at times for different reasons. I think you clearly put a lot of thought and time in, and I appreciate that Hala is critical and willing to take the heat for it.)

    Thanks brother. Much appreciated and I enjooy reading your perspectives as well.

  26. #5186
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,095
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    The three italians, layrea, oso and kaye is quality. Add a DP striker, a midfielder and a commanding CB, and a serviceable keeper, and we look really good.
    i agree, i think considering where we are in the rebuild we're looking damn good.

    i think 2023 is going to be a lot of fun for TFC.

  27. #5187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    287
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Thought you had me on ignore as you have said so many times? Talk about being dishonest...lol.

    No offense, I could care less if you like my posts or not. And who is "we" all? Sect 223 and some others seem to really enjoy my posts. You don't speak on behalf of the board here and are not the mod. You will not tell me what I can or cannot post, or what I post about. I don't need to provide you with any sources. I'll say what I want to say. If you don't like it, deal with it or scroll on. Have a good one.
    My friend you are wasting your time conversing with Jloome , He’s the one who wanted to know why I thought signing Bernardeschi was a great move , he claimed to be a Former Soccer writer at the Toronto sun and sort of insinuated that I didn’t know my stuff, as I recall he touted Junior Hoilett instead of Berna. LOL

  28. #5188
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think the troll claims are pretty overstated.

    Just because someone doesn’t kiss the club’s feet or agree with you doesn’t mean they are trolling.

    Let’s please keep posts somewhat substantive to the topic rather than jabbing.

    I know I personally may be guilty of a jab here and there as well, while I say this.

    But the “trolling” on this site is pretty light for trolling by my comparative experiences and it’s really reductive to call it such rather than ignore.

    (I should also say I appreciate your takes and Hala’s at times for different reasons. I think you clearly put a lot of thought and time in, and I appreciate that Hala is critical and willing to take the heat for it.)
    It's not because he's critical it's because he repeatedly claims he's quoting a position
    held by numerous others, to add artificial weight to his position, then won't back it up and claims he shouldn't have to. It's intellectually disingenuous behavior,
    it's childish and it clearly annoys the majority who encounter it.

    A lot of us have him on ignore but see arguments before we've logged in. Lately, he seemed
    to be attempting to be even-handed and honest in his approach, so I cut him slack and re-engaged. Clearly that was a mistake.

  29. #5189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    My friend you are wasting your time conversing with Jloome , He’s the one who wanted to know why I thought signing Bernardeschi was a great move , he claimed to be a Former Soccer writer at the Toronto sun and sort of insinuated that I didn’t know my stuff, as I recall he touted Junior Hoilett instead of Berna. LOL
    Thanks brother. I always find it hilarious when someone says he is putting you on ignore in lengthy diatribes-no less multiple times-but never did/does. What is the point?

    Yeah, who could forget that, Holliet over Berna...imagine where we'd be now if we did that? Yikes...

    You know your football inside out, and I always look for your spot on takes. Keep them coming.

  30. #5190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's not because he's critical it's because he repeatedly claims he's quoting a position
    held by numerous others, to add artificial weight to his position, then won't back it up and claims he shouldn't have to. It's intellectually disingenuous behavior,
    it's childish and it clearly annoys the majority who encounter it.

    A lot of us have him on ignore but see arguments before we've logged in. Lately, he seemed
    to be attempting to be even-handed and honest in his approach, so I cut him slack and re-engaged. Clearly that was a mistake.
    You seem to look at all posts before you "log" on alot...lol. Quit the charade, you obviously never had me on ignore despite saying so over and over. What's the point, why lie? And you cut me slack? lol I could care less if you respond to my posts and I don't care about your takes. Get over yourself. Put me on ignore for real this time. Win/win for everyone. Cheers.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •