Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166
Results 4,951 to 4,964 of 4964
  1. #4951
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,098
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Still think Nelson is a defensive liability
    He has been slightly better. He at least tracked back with some speed instead of walking with his hands on his hips.

    He has improved to the point where he could possibly be a sub next year.

  2. #4952
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Still think Nelson is a defensive liability
    He is... yet... shows forward prowess; even if he eventually loses possession.
    A Bob 'The Builder' Bradley work in progress. Seems to be adjusting? For the better?
    Still be getting lots of match passes / touches from his teammates; involved.
    From the Italians; MBradley included. All others as well.
    Unfortunately, unlike JJ.
    Unexpected, even if he is a streaky footballer.
    Extended season; burned out?
    Needs to fight more to/for open space to engage.
    Com'on JJ, I am rooting for you!

  3. #4953
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    He is... yet... shows forward prowess; even if he eventually loses possession.
    A Bob 'The Builder' Bradley work in progress. Seems to be adjusting? For the better?
    Still be getting lots of match passes / touches from his teammates; involved.
    From the Italians; MBradley included. All others as well.
    Unfortunately, unlike JJ.
    Unexpected, even if he is a streaky footballer.
    Extended season; burned out?
    Needs to fight more to/for open space to engage.
    Com'on JJ, I am rooting for you!
    On JJ, everything mentioned here earlier is likely - effects of an extended season, loss of Pozuelo, not the type of 9 the Italians seem to be calling for, and the three Italians and JJ not used to playing together.

    He does seem to have a streaky history but not sure if some of that has to do with whether he’s been used as a 9 or a winger.

    That long ball he ran on to a few matches ago and scored with fluid ease… before it was called back marginally offside suggests he’s just not getting the ball in the places he’s best.

  4. #4954
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    On JJ, everything mentioned here earlier is likely - effects of an extended season, loss of Pozuelo, not the type of 9 the Italians seem to be calling for, and the three Italians and JJ not used to playing together.

    He does seem to have a streaky history but not sure if some of that has to do with whether he’s been used as a 9 or a winger.

    That long ball he ran on to a few matches ago and scored with fluid ease… before it was called back marginally offside suggests he’s just not getting the ball in the places he’s best.
    Maybe TFC just needs a 'Sharon Fieldstone' for our 'Dani Rojas'?

  5. #4955
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have this very strong feeling about Jorginho if Oso leaves this winter.

    It just seems a little too obvious.

  6. #4956
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I have this very strong feeling about Jorginho if Oso leaves this winter.

    It just seems a little too obvious.
    Would love Jorginho but feel like thats a stretch. He for sure would have to be the highest paid player in MLS to consider it.

  7. #4957
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Would love Jorginho but feel like thats a stretch. He for sure would have to be the highest paid player in MLS to consider it.
    he'll be 31, probably would take less $$ than insigne.

    the downside would be having to wait til the summer to get him.

  8. #4958
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I have this very strong feeling about Jorginho if Oso leaves this winter.

    It just seems a little too obvious.
    I like the ambition.

  9. #4959
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Keita Balde is an interesting current free agent. 27 years old. Senegal international with 40 games to his name. 3 goals in 23 games last season. Played for Series B side Cagliari Calico . Could be an interesting option
    Last edited by Valdal; Yesterday at 06:51 PM.

  10. #4960
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think if Osorio signs with us again instead of Europe they'll offer Aaron Long a DP deal, if they don't offer Oso the spot.

    Watching him play with the Italians he might be worth it. Some guys up their game at each new opportunity.

    the way he has worked with Insigne and Bernardeschi, I think he's genuinely good enough to play in a top league. Maybe not a top team but At the same level as Dempsey and Holden before him, certainly.

    He might get the chance too if he crushes the end of this season and has an impressive World Cup.

  11. #4961
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think if Osorio signs with us again instead of Europe they'll offer Aaron Long a DP deal, if they don't offer Oso the spot.

    Watching him play with the Italians he might be worth it. Some guys up their game at each new opportunity.

    the way he has worked with Insigne and Bernardeschi, I think he's genuinely good enough to play in a top league. Maybe not a top team but At the same level as Dempsey and Holden before him, certainly.

    He might get the chance too if he crushes the end of this season and has an impressive World Cup.
    If TFC won't give Oso a DP deal but give one to Aaron F*%king Long, people will riot.

  12. #4962
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    217
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    If TFC won't give Oso a DP deal but give one to Aaron F*%king Long, people will riot.
    Truer words couldn’t be spoken, Aaron Long as a TFC DP Please stop it

  13. #4963
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Truer words couldn’t be spoken, Aaron Long as a TFC DP Please stop it
    Oh, I won’t disagree. I just think he’s the free agent this fall that all the GMs are drooling over, just because he’s a reasonably consistent centre half who also happens to be American. And our DP signer is American. And wants a CB anchor.

    It’s already been proposed by a couple of the American pundits as the “obvious” move to replace Oso if he goes. Seems incredibly low hanging. I wouldn’t take Miazga on DP money (ala Cincy) and he’s a better defender than Long.

  14. #4964
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Oh, I won’t disagree. I just think he’s the free agent this fall that all the GMs are drooling over, just because he’s a reasonably consistent centre half who also happens to be American. And our DP signer is American. And wants a CB anchor.

    It’s already been proposed by a couple of the American pundits as the “obvious” move to replace Oso if he goes. Seems incredibly low hanging. I wouldn’t take Miazga on DP money (ala Cincy) and he’s a better defender than Long.
    Manning has stated that he wants a DP Centre-half?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •