Page 150 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think they add MLS to the list of possible leagues to get players from this winter.
    A shrewd strategy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    A shrewd strategy.
    Well it makes sense as it's our off season but I would like to see BB branch out a bit with his connections to score something, anything really.

We need at least 1 defender now. Should be RB but could be CB or LB if that's what's there.

But we need a GK for sure this offseason. I don't care if Bono morphs into Alison & Ederson for this final stretch of 2022, he is not the answer.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 08-02-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they add MLS to the list of possible leagues to get players from this winter.
    Who knows, maybe from that league list addition more so happens now and someone/s get/s plucked out within the next 56+ hours?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Who knows, maybe from that league list addition more so happens now and someone/s get/s plucked out within the next 56+ hours?
    The Hamid thing might have had legs but it would depend on moving Bono unless they de-activate Westberg and shut him down for 2022 with his injury. Also Hamid is injured but not sure how severe.

I had hopes we would persue a MLS FB or at least offload Ayo for something usable before the deadline but it doesn't look good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaffleberg loaned to Nashville for the remainder of 2022 for GAM.

That's a weird one.

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...XfBT0_MkzTSLog

I guess the $225K was more for the international roster spot than the loan of Schaff. Option to buy though so maybe more $$$ if they take it up in 2023.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 08-02-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collecting the GAM... now lets put it to use

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you'd imagine they have a move lined up.

could be ceppitelli or adekugbe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    On the flip side his distribution from CB would be better to breakdown a press when they play out from the back. Kind of like how bonnucci plays. Where he starts attacks from the back. If they could find a competent lb I would slide Cristico inside and they would be exponentially better as he could command the line.
    True… though it would be difficult to find a replacement who can get forward from the left with as much guile and intelligence as he does. That could be invaluable once the other players settle in and find fitness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225k just to loan Shaff for half a season is a Bez level trade. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not just for that Nashville is getting an international roster slot also

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    its not just for that Nashville is getting an international roster slot also
    yeh, otherwise Shaff can't play down there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff got forced to play a position we all knew he couldn't, basically got benched because of it, was never given a real opportunity at the position he could actually play to see if he could stick as Li's backup since Nelson got all the time, then we got Insigne eliminating any possibility for him to play.

It was basically a complete waste of a season for him. Disappointed, but at least he'll actually get a shot to play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Shaff got forced to play a position we all knew he couldn't, basically got benched because of it, was never given a real opportunity at the position he could actually play to see if he could stick as Li's backup since Nelson got all the time, then we got Insigne eliminating any possibility for him to play.

It was basically a complete waste of a season for him. Disappointed, but at least he'll actually get a shot to play.
    I think he in the end suffers from the main problem Nelsen has, too small and gets bullied off the ball a lot. I vastly prefer him to Nelsen and he should have got more use but at least he will now. And the $225K even with that int. spot isn't bad for less than half a season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    you'd imagine they have a move lined up.

could be ceppitelli or adekugbe
    Hopefully both and then we should be okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's another shoe to drop move if I ever saw one...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

He has the same issue that Ashtone Morgan and Marvel Wynne had - their movement was pretty limited. All 3 can run fast in a straight line with their head down and that was it. Their appeal is speed alone. He wasn't a good backup for Li either. He was too one dimensional.

The thing with Nelson is he has more dimensional movement than Shaff, not just forward. That's more attractive to Bob's system.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He has the same issue that Ashtone Morgan and Marvel Wynne had - their movement was pretty limited. All 3 can run fast in a straight line with their head down and that was it. Their appeal is speed alone. He wasn't a good backup for Li either. He was too one dimensional.

The thing with Nelson is he has more dimensional movement than Shaff, not just forward. That's more attractive to Bob's system.
    This is a good point. He is more of the old school run down the wings and cross over and over type which should play well in Smith's system in Nashville.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Criscito is a great LB whose main skills is passing and distribution into the box. Playing him deep at CB means that skillset doesn't play up. Get a stud CB instead and let the Criscito/Insigne partnership flourish.
    He also has no engine or recovery speed, which leaves massive holes when gets forward. Ball-playing CBs are very much in vogue across Europe. I think he could do well there, even though he's not accustomed to playing CB in a back-four. Better than Mavinga at this point, surely. Not to mention it'll preserve his legs a bit so we can keep his qualities on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully both and then we should be okay.
    Another 'Captain' footballer should Ceppitelli arrive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    He also has no engine or recovery speed, which leaves massive holes when gets forward. Ball-playing CBs are very much in vogue across Europe. I think he could do well there, even though he's not accustomed to playing CB in a back-four. Better than Mavinga at this point, surely. Not to mention it'll preserve his legs a bit so we can keep his qualities on the field.
    Yeah, it is fair and to be expected Criscito is slowing down.
    Yet, he never has been the fastest. It is his Football IQ/positional awareness that compensates.
    IIRC he has made a few recoveries/dashes back since with TFC.
    Mind you, those opponents may not have yet been MLS 'best in class'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Criscito would be a good CB. I think I'd just prefer we get a true CB, rather than moving a LB there. Especially since I don't think Sam Adekugbe is coming to TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaffleberg loaned to Nashville for the remainder of 2022 for GAM.

That's a weird one.

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...XfBT0_MkzTSLog

I guess the $225K was more for the international roster spot than the loan of Schaff. Option to buy though so maybe more $$$ if they take it up in 2023.
    Feels similar to the setup with Fraser. Directionally you get the feeling he’s not coming back. But I rate Shaff much higher than Fraser, all said and done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Feels similar to the setup with Fraser. Directionally you get the feeling he’s not coming back. But I rate Shaff much higher than Fraser, all said and done.
    He has a much higher ceiling. He’s already well-regarded as a winger because of last season, look at the guy’s online value increase.

His one-dimensional movement will improve with time and good coaching. He puts dangerous balls into the box, first and foremost and he’s difficult to tackle. I reject the notion that he’s too small; he’s 5’10, 165 which is a pretty normal size for a winger, a bit big if anything.

He also has a decent shot on the rare occasion he uses hit.

A loss, in my opinion, that will seem pointless if we don’t have someone better lined up. Clearly, Nashville is trying to buy, thus the purchase option next year.

More and more I suspect Bob Bradley’s forte is building a team that plays his way, not coaching young players to improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am noticing twitter reports of Adekugbe and Barba to White Caps.
    At this point I would take Barba as CB-L and Ceppitelli as CB-R if feasible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how quickly the 2nd shoe drops, the trade for Shaffelburg to NSH makes no sense if nothing else is lined up, hope its before our next game against Nashville

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there are additional factors such as Shaff is cheap, doesn't take up a DP spot, Nashville can get him for next season as well, the international spot, but part of me is laughing that Shaff fetched more GAM than Pozuelo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I wonder how quickly the 2nd shoe drops, the trade for Shaffelburg to NSH makes no sense if nothing else is lined up, hope its before our next game against Nashville

Shaff's roster spot was, IIRC, a supplemental 21-24 designated for a homegrown.

I think they did this because it was better for the player & they got something in return.

IF they even use that spot, its going to be on a TFCII callup.

Rothrock?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-02-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    IF they even use that spot, its going to be on a TFCII callup.

Rothrock?
    He has looked pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hamid thing might have had legs but it would depend on moving Bono unless they de-activate Westberg and shut him down for 2022 with his injury. Also Hamid is injured but not sure how severe...
    Always hope Westberg will stay as an assistant to or replacement of GKC Conway.

I am not so sure Bono moves now or even leaves in the off-season.
    The RPBF consensus seems to think he has to go.
    I believe he has to go as well.
    Still, I am not so sure about BBradley's thinking about his status; the signs are mixed?
    Maybe he is re-upped as the number 1 with an adjustment/less in salary?
    There may be other TFC factions that seem to be arguing he is/could/should be MVP quality once our defense and offense gets worked out and in gear.
    Sort of like 2017; even though 2016 it was Irwin and in 2019 it was Westberg?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general, if the Waking the Red consensus about a player who has been with the team for a couple of years is that he is underrated...he's not.

Bono is a serviceable MLS keeper who with the right coaching, and maybe given time with somebody looking at his eyesight, could be a decent shop stopper - he has shown no capability to learn to distribute the ball & doesn't seem to know how to marshal a backline.

He is the epitome of a middle of the pack MLS keeper...paid upper MLS keeper wages because of 2017.

The game has changed now with the expectation that keepers will be a part of play buildup. TFC fans expect that because we know how the world game is changing - the fact that MLS keepers by and large can't distribute the ball decently is frankly shocking.

Watch that Chicago. now Chelsea, kid for a game & you see the difference.