Page 139 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is just my grumpiness having to watch Nelson and others play in a critical game last night but I’m skeptical of our roster rebuild. Nobody should be fielding a team with this many flaws and delaying addressing certain shortcomings.

Everyone who’s been moved out had “attitude issues” or some bumbler sticker excuse why they can’t be on the roster. Maybe “attitude” is in the eye of the beholder.
    Both minds here for me - there wasn't one salvageable player there, sure (the rumblings about Auro Jr. don't make me high on him) but there isn't one salvageable player of those who have played from this current crop of kids. I get that we have to see what we've got but... this isn't it.

The Youth systems of past have failed us and now we're paying for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Both minds here for me - there wasn't one salvageable player there, sure (the rumblings about Auro Jr. don't make me high on him) but there isn't one salvageable player of those who have played from this current crop of kids. I get that we have to see what we've got but... this isn't it.

The Youth systems of past have failed us and now we're paying for it.
    This is it.

People make Auro & Lawrence out like they could be saviours of our team but they both were part of last years debacle. This is a long, slowish rebuild and any fruits from our academy will take a while to bear because this batch isn't it.

It should be said though that or as bad as Nelsen and often Kerr & Kosi look, Ayo has been a huge disappointment. The rest of them are rookies or close to it but he just signed an U22 deal and he isn't living up to that at all. I get the injury comeback and all but still.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-27-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just my grumpiness having to watch Nelson and others play in a critical game last night but I’m skeptical of our roster rebuild. Nobody should be fielding a team with this many flaws and delaying addressing certain shortcomings.
    I get the feeling that not addressing the shortcomings this season was part of the plan and that Manning expected the team to waltz into Vancouver and win with the pieces they had, thereby securing Continental play for 2023. Complete hubris had him underestimating Vancouver.

Make no mistake, this result was very bad for TFC, since this was the easiest chance to qualify for CCL in 2023. They're basically wasting 2 years of their DP's effectiveness if TFC does not qualify for CCL Round of 16 until 2024. I worry that now we are going to see Manning make some panic signings to try and fast-track team development. At least TFC will have a chance to qualify through the new Leagues Cup format, but I think I might see Atletico Ottawa playing CCL before TFC gets in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Could TFC be the team? Would make a lot of sense if Oso doesn't re-sign.

https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers/status/1552057837534289925?s=20&t=EgMk6cxEIVjvJm8eIkb68A
    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Only 29, but looks a lot closer to 40 with that hairline.
    Davy Klaassan... likely to EC DCUTD w/ Wayne Rooney; Everton connect?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I get the feeling that not addressing the shortcomings this season was part of the plan and that Manning expected the team to waltz into Vancouver and win with the pieces they had, thereby securing Continental play for 2023. Complete hubris had him underestimating Vancouver.

Make no mistake, this result was very bad for TFC, since this was the easiest chance to qualify for CCL in 2023. They're basically wasting 2 years of their DP's effectiveness if TFC does not qualify for CCL Round of 16 until 2024. I worry that now we are going to see Manning make some panic signings to try and fast-track team development. At least TFC will have a chance to qualify through the new Leagues Cup format, but I think I might see Atletico Ottawa playing CCL before TFC gets in again.
    Possible but this might have a silver lining in that it will make them realize areas that need to be addressed this window and by winter for sure. Also I think the Leagues Cup is their goal moreso than the CCL at this point.

They might do a panic signing but I doubt it. Manning might feel like hitting that button but I don't think Bob will. I figure they have irons in the fire but the players they have offers out to are still grasping at Euro possibilities. The league has gotten weird for straight up trades these days. There are few. Mostly everyone wants GAM so that will mess up a lot of intra-league moves for all the teams.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-27-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think our main concern should be a proper RB who has pace to join the rush, but also able to make the right tackle at the right moment. I think we should look for a TAM one in the $850k-1.1 million range

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

I think there’s a certain arrogance about what we are doing here.

It’s an absolute no brainer to find a low-cost veteran right back. Why aren’t we doing it? Same goes with midfield depth.

Developing 5+ prospects in the same season when none of them look exceptional and when our youth academy has a spotty track record, deserves to be called out for what it is: a flawed plan and management potentially trying to buy time and avoid people looking critically at how this club is run.

I doubt Kosi Thomson could even excel as a fullback in MLS2, why is he starting every weekend?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s an absolute no brainer to find a low-cost veteran right back. Why aren’t we doing it? Same goes with midfield depth.

Developing 5+ prospects in the same season when none of them look exceptional and when our youth academy has a spotty track record, deserves to be called out for what it is: a flawed plan and management potentially trying to buy time and avoid people looking critically at how this club is run.

I doubt Kosi Thomson could even excel as a fullback in MLS2, why is he starting every weekend?
    I think because of 2 possible reasons:

1) They tossed out an offer to a guy like Laxalt but he wants to explore Euro possibilities before accepting our offer.
    2) Bob is angling for all current and former LAFC players who know his system but that is difficult to pull off without adding an assload of GAM included. I believe there was hope maybe some young guys could have been good to trade like Priso but no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kosi was a ok player with tfc 2 last season on and off starter has a winger,i still dont understand why they didnt sign kobi who is a rb and a allstar last season.2 injury prone mids in oso and mak and a 35 yr old what could go wrong.horrible management,they had 6 mths to address this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think because of 2 possible reasons:

1) They tossed out an offer to a guy like Laxalt but he wants to explore Euro possibilities before accepting our offer.
    2) Bob is angling for all current and former LAFC players who know his system but that is difficult to pull off without adding an assload of GAM included. I believe there was hope maybe some young guys could have been good to trade like Priso but no.
    I think we’ll differ here but to me none of this excuses continuing to field an excess number of youth players and not seeking out at least the smallest amount of cheap vets for depth.

It doesn’t hurt any of options longer term and keeps the team competitive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    kosi was a ok player with tfc 2 last season on and off starter has a winger,i still dont understand why they didnt sign kobi who is a rb and a allstar last season.2 injury prone mids in oso and mak and a 35 yr old what could go wrong.horrible management,they had 6 mths to address this.
    I have a feeling that they're protecting Kobe from the shit show while giving the 'entitled' generation a shot to prove that they're really as hot shit as they claim to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't class MAK as injury prone. Oso so so. Bradley might be ancient but he is durable. Got to admit that much.

As for Kobi, he is too good of a prospect to potentially ruin. I have a feeling that's in part why JMR doesn't get out there too much. Tough to toss some guys who you want to have around long term or to sell on when things are going sideways. The 6 months to address is only in our eyes. They have this whole season to address the issues and they are using all of it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thinking this year was that by the end of the window we'd have a very strong starting XI and terrible depth, to be addressed in the off-season.

That was before Salcedo left, so I reckon we'll still bring in at least a starting level RB, but be a high level CB short of a truly competitive XI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we’ll differ here but to me none of this excuses continuing to field an excess number of youth players and not seeking out at least the smallest amount of cheap vets for depth.

It doesn’t hurt any of options longer term and keeps the team competitive.
    It actually does as most remotely decent MLS vets would seek a minimum of a 1 + 1 (player option) or more and the wages are somewhat higher now than they used to be. Earlier in the year Bob pointed out how Seattle use homegrowns as depth and that's how they always stay competitive; as those players are cap exempt. Pretty sure that was also part of his plan in using some many young players in lots of positions so far this season. Seeing what we have and if anyone is useful for us going forward or to anybody else in trades.

Also look at the free agent list from earlier this season. We signed the highest rated available defender in O'Neill. There weren't any really good defenders on it.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-27-2022 at 11:06 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s an absolute no brainer to find a low-cost veteran right back. ...
    FBs are the second toughest position to find after strikers...there are not that many of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FBs are the second toughest position to find after strikers...there are not that many of them.
    And this is why a lot of the ones who are decent in MLS are converted wingers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It actually does as most remotely decent MLS vets would seek a minimum of a 1 + 1 (player option) or more and the wages are somewhat higher now than they used to be. Earlier in the year Bob pointed out how Seattle use homegrowns as depth and that's how they always stay competitive; as those players are cap exempt. Pretty sure that was also part of his plan in using some many young players in lots of positions so far this season. Seeing what we have and if anyone is useful for us going forward or to anybody else in trades.

Also look at the free agent list from earlier this season. We signed the highest rated available defender in O'Neill. There weren't any really good defenders on it.
    I think there is a big ground to cover here between “decent vet” and youth player.

We need a Doniel Henry equivalent at FB and as a backup midfielder. That would be a quantum leap forward. There are probably guys in the CPL we could pick off who fit the description.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Generally I agree but if you told me the only option here given the circumstances is Kosi Thomson until we plug the gap, I disagree, vehemently.

We are talking warm body, show me your drivers licence to prove you’re over 21 territory. That would be an improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a big ground to cover here between “decent vet” and youth player.

We need a Doniel Henry equivalent at FB and as a backup midfielder. That would be a quantum leap forward. There are probably guys in the CPL we could pick off who fit the description.
    maybe they should improve the scouting staff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we thought chung would be decent enough cover at RB this season when in reality he's nowhere near the level required.

RB really is the glaring weakness for us right now, thompson has a ton of horrible giveaways each game and virtually all the chances we've conceded have come down that side in the last 2 games

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are probably guys in the CPL we could pick off who fit the description.
    You mean like Chung?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I have a feeling that they're protecting Kobe from the shit show while giving the 'entitled' generation a shot to prove that they're really as hot shit as they claim to be.
    There was a Twitter rumor at the beginning of the season that Kobe was offered a first team contract but didn't want to sign it because he didn't want to be locked into a multi-year MLS deal. He wanted to keep his options open to go to elsewhere once his TFC2 contract is up (I think at the end of this season).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a Twitter rumor at the beginning of the season that Kobe was offered a first team contract but didn't want to sign it because he didn't want to be locked into a multi-year MLS deal. He wanted to keep his options open to go to elsewhere once his TFC2 contract is up (I think at the end of this season).
    That was mentioned earlier this season so that's also a factor. There are really no domestic options at RB without shelling out a ton of GAM or converting wingers. Hopefully one of these earlier rumors (Laxalt, Blackmon) has legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he signed with tfc2 on may 2021 .its probs a 3 yr deal.maybe bb doesnt rate him.at this point what do you got to lose

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he signed with tfc2 on may 2021 .its probs a 3 yr deal.maybe bb doesnt rate him.at this point what do you got to lose
    He comes up, isn't ready for this level, and either gets buried like Chung on the bench or gets lambasted weekly like Kosi until his confidence is shot and he's ruined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He comes up, isn't ready for this level, and either gets buried like Chung on the bench or gets lambasted weekly like Kosi until his confidence is shot and he's ruined.
    i dont think management give a shit about who they ruin at this point,they will try to buy there way out .i have no confidence in this
    FO group

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think management give a shit about who they ruin at this point,...
    That has never been the MO for BB wherever he has gone.

He has, consistantly, given a damn about growing players more then any other MLS coach.

Bruce Arena -now there's a guy who doesn't care.

I get people are not happy about last night but lets not suggest every last issue with this team is malevolence inspired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think management give a shit about who they ruin at this point,they will try to buy there way out .i have no confidence in this
    FO group
    I believe that was the way previously and Manning was part of that (with Vanney & Bez) but I don't think Bob thinks or works that way. If one thing he is known for, it's working with the academies and young guys.

Also you were suggesting they do whatever they can to buy their way out of our current situation by signing Kobi so you're thinking a lot like the FO you have no confidence in.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-27-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean like Chung?
    Ha! There’s probably someone a little more proven that they out there, if not in the CPL then elsewhere (I would hope).

My focus would be zero percent on upside 100 percent on stability

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im still not sold on bb,he gutted the team and had no choice to play the kids,he had a vet team in LA, so i dont get he is good with the kids vibe yet