Page 117 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I realize that hindsight is 20 20, but the decision to turn over more than half the roster after last season and start 4 or 5 academy players every game ranks amongst the worst decisions in TFC history, with the result being another lost season. If they had kept Delgado, Aurora and Lawrence they probably would have enough points to be in the playoffs until the summer transfer window players arrived. They then could have unloaded those players at end of year. Instead Insige and Bernadeschi will be playing nothing more than glorified friendlies this season.
    Delgado wanted out - he forced that trade.

Auro...that one I still wonder about - that looks like a mistake.

Lawrence skipped practice - that is unprofessional & should not be tolerated

Whom else should we have kept?

The decision to do the youth was forced on the team because Vanney & Curtis didn't bring them in 2018-2021. There was no other choice.

You all think Dom Dwyer is going to solve things?

This was ALWAYS going to be a lost year.

It has been made worse by Soteldo being a BAD decision (Manning messed that one up) that required a DP defender who had to skip town (after a few good games, I might add) & Mavinga imploding. We have been left with 2 journeymen CB's & no proper FB's.

BTW, Crisitco was supposed to come in March but decided to stay - that was one FB slot that had to be held.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

The decision to do the youth was forced on the team because Vanney & Curtis didn't bring them in 2018-2021. There was no other choice.

This was ALWAYS going to be a lost year.

It has been made worse by Soteldo being a BAD decision (Manning messed that one up) that required a DP defender who had to skip town (after a few good games, I might add) & Mavinga imploding. We have been left with 2 journeymen CB's & no proper FB's.

BTW, Crisitco was supposed to come in March but decided to stay - that was one FB slot that had to be held.
    Why haven't they pulled Auro back from loan? Or could they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    Not all loans allow for a player to be recalled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not even playing anymore at Santos, they consider him a bust.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not starting much but still playing and coming off the bench, at least in June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even at that he is significantly better than anybody that played full-back at TFC this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rutty? Why is he still on the bench?
    This is an important point. Thompson was the worst player on the pitch and Petrasso can play on either side, but still Bob Bradley keeps JMR on the bench. Why? Unless he's being sold to Liverpool this week, I don't understand.

More good news - Colorado beat LA with Priso in the starting XI and Miami had a massive second half come back.

On a positive note - we didn't play horrible tonight. Just couldn't put much together in the final third. Maybe the Italians fix that next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I've seen a few posts about recalling Auro. Anyone know how Luke Singh is doing with FC Edmonton? He's played 13 of their 15 games, playing the full 90 almost every time. I know Edmonton is basically a collection of castoffs since the owner gave up control of the team, so they're expected to be a bottom feeder. With Mavinga going through issues, could he be a recall candidate?
    Currently, FC Edmonton is kin last place in the CPL with a -11 goal differential. 'nuff said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=OgtheDim;1965549]Delgado wanted out - he forced that trade.

Isn't it possible that Vanney saw enough of them in training and TFC II to conclude, rightly so, that none of them were of MLS starting quality? BB did have a choice, but he chose poorly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chins up guys....we have another big presser monday.where bradley and manning can spew some more shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought so too.
    But...
    Has been starting / subbed in / on the bench enough since joining them.
    Last played 02JUL.
    Oddly, just before our window opened; significance?
    Seems to still be on the bench though for games since.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-16-2022 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=NK Toronto;1965561]

Isn't it possible that Vanney saw enough of them in training and TFC II to conclude, rightly so, that none of them were of MLS starting quality? BB did have a choice, but he chose poorly
    i think lawrence had some family issues ,btw he is starting every game and playing well and we are paying some of his wages,.the kids were like 16 when vanney was here ...kosi and luca were not even on the radar back then,they took a chance and lost,to me the cbus loss and sj tie killed the season ,should of had 6 and got 1
    Last edited by reggie; 07-16-2022 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I'm sure MikeForbes would beg to differ about Mullinho!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=reggie;1965564]
    i think lawrence had some family issues ,btw he is starting every game and playing well and we are paying some of his wages,.the kids were like 16 when vanney was here ...kosi and luca were not even on the radar back then,they took a chance and lost,to me the cbus loss and sj tie killed the season ,should of had 6 and got 1
    Vanney was here 18 months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Regardless...
    If you were for or against the move.
    If you think Fede is quirky, weird, metro or otherwise.
    Rate or don't rate him.
    He seems to be, like Salcedo, brand savvy and class...

https://twitter.com/SalJ80/status/15...399811/photo/1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Care to translate what you're trying to share?
    Sure, apologize if I have made a transgression of board etiquette.
    Paraphrasing the quote...

<Tweeter>
    I have never been a fan of his, but as a man a true champion...

<Federico>
    A chapter of life has concluded.
    This city, these colors, have accompanied my path as an athlete, as a man and as a father!

A five-year journey made up of unforgettable victories and painful defeats,
    which ends with the awareness of choosing change as
    moment of professional and personal evolution.
    The criticisms were a stimulus, the applause a pride!
    I leave Turin, my home.

I leave Juventus, a family.

With gratitude and respect.

Thank you all!

By the way...
    Postoji nešto što se zove google translate.
    Nije teško, probaj nekad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm watching a stream of Jesse Marsch's Leeds play tonight against Villa in an exhibition, and they play exactly the same system as us, but competently. It's ugly but effective, but requires great speed and fitness. We don't even come close to the upfront pressure required to make it work.

Listening to Leeds streamers discuss the system, they point out that the fullbacks often get caught out high.

Anyway, it's the same Red Bull 433 Armas was trying to teach, basically. It's obvious watching Leeds why it's hard to make work, as pressing the ball is the most important task throughout the game. We're not even coming close to what's required to make it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm watching a stream of Jesse Marsch's Leeds play tonight against Villa in an exhibition, and they play exactly the same system as us, but competently. It's ugly but effective, but requires great speed and fitness. We don't even come close to the upfront pressure required to make it work.

Listening to Leeds streamers discuss the system, they point out that the fullbacks often get caught out high.

Anyway, it's the same Red Bull 433 Armas was trying to teach, basically. It's obvious watching Leeds why it's hard to make work, as pressing the ball is the most important task throughout the game. We're not even coming close to what's required to make it work.

It's an old flawed system. It won' ever work here no matter who you have on the pitch. Perhaps we will piss away next season too before the majority figure this out.
    BB and his tactics need to go. This is a slap to the face for every fan that attends. Intentionally playing Poz out of position so he doesn't succeed was a stupid idea, not playing JMR in his proper position and keeping him on the bench....gangsta stupid. Thompson should never see the field again....

Anyone else notice the final third has no imagination at all, passes going absolutely to no one...perhaps that changes soon....perhaps the old man changes tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^/^^Mark this as the day thoughts, calls and rumors of a coaching change have germinated.
    Queue another Italian and Napoli connect with Fabio Cannavaro.
    Successful? Maybe? Only in the Mid and East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i disagree with BB being given the sack, it takes a while to build a team from bottom up, now i might agree come the game against VWFC we lose, but if we bring in a new coach now, we will have to give them roughly the same amount of time, and we will be no further ahead, if a Legend of the game was interested i would also be happy, but knowing our knowledge we will go through the coaching carousel, and get nowhere anytime soon, the reason why we won MLS Cup is because we stayed with Vanney, Vanney decided to leave to go home, in a perfect world Vanney would of had an understudy and we would of signed him, to keep the momentum going, but with a new coach brings a new playstyle and new ideas, it will take about 2 to 3 transfer windows to fully get going, but we are certainly getting the process started

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    i disagree with BB being given the sack, it takes a while to build a team from bottom up, now i might agree come the game against VWFC we lose, but if we bring in a new coach now, we will have to give them roughly the same amount of time, and we will be no further ahead, if a Legend of the game was interested i would also be happy, but knowing our knowledge we will go through the coaching carousel, and get nowhere anytime soon, the reason why we won MLS Cup is because we stayed with Vanney, Vanney decided to leave to go home, in a perfect world Vanney would of had an understudy and we would of signed him, to keep the momentum going, but with a new coach brings a new playstyle and new ideas, it will take about 2 to 3 transfer windows to fully get going, but we are certainly getting the process started
    Look, all nonsense aside, you are right.
    It's early goings. Three windows is a fair standard.
    But things are starting to look and feel uncomfortable.
    Coaching stability is important. I believe it is a prerequisite of success.
    A firm no by me of going back to the coach carousel; the bad old days.
    I realize certain and proven European managers may be a risk since they may not be able to navigate the capology limitations of the league.
    Unfortunately, Robin Fraser was that understudy.
    Maybe the question to be asked now is...
    Do we debut Lorenzo and Fede next weekend or prioritize and wait for the Canadian Championship the following Wednesday?
    Do they and Criscito even play on that turf in Vancouver?
    I think the pressure of showcasing them all at the next home game is too great at this moment.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-17-2022 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    This is an important point. Thompson was the worst player on the pitch and Petrasso can play on either side, but still Bob Bradley keeps JMR on the bench. Why? Unless he's being sold to Liverpool this week, I don't understand.
    That's the only thing that makes sense; they want to keep JMR healthy due to an imminent sale. Or trade? And we get a CB 😁 (Liverpool gets JMR, they give us Van Dijk... hey one can wish)

If he is sold, I hope they have a good replacement in mind because that bench is thin already.
    Last edited by dave343; 07-17-2022 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    95 percent of the site like school children were giddy with excitement when Bob Bradley was announced as coach and GM….. this is what you get
    Sad but true. The genius that decided to go with no real full backs and we now have the league's worst goals against, have the lowest ppg in all of mls and have extended our non clean sheet streak to 29 games and counting....even with the leagues highest payroll at his disposal.

I think we have a better chance of seeing the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot before we see this mythical bob bradly "system".

I have seen it said before, the only reason I can think of why Manning hasn't been canned yet for us about to miss the playoffs for third time in 5 years despite the leagues highest payroll, and all the horrendous decisions made under his "leadership" is he must have mlse exec nude photos in his safe. No other logical explanation can exist why he isn't accountable for running us into the ground like this. He has to be fired not tomorrow, not end of season, but right on the spot, right now. He has done enough damage. Let him go run the argos and destroy them, I dont care, ideally they'd go bankrupt and we wouldn't share bmo anymore as they destroy the grass anyways, so manning go ruin them please and leave us alone to try and fix this disaster.

#manningout
    #bradleysout
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 07-17-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Currently, FC Edmonton is kin last place in the CPL with a -11 goal differential. 'nuff said.
    FC Edmonton is playing with effectively a L1O quality team. They're supposed to be in last place. Their owner ran out of money. Their entire team is on loan from other teams full of players who didn't make the cut on those teams (one reason why Singh is there - he's in the same boat). They're actually doing surprisingly well, considering they had no real preseason either together. Before the season, they were expected to get blown out every match. I just haven't watched any
    Last edited by rydermike; 07-17-2022 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Look, all nonsense aside, you are right.
    It's early goings. Three windows is a fair standard.
    But things are starting to look and feel uncomfortable.
    Coaching stability is important. I believe it is a prerequisite of success.
    A firm no by me of going back to the coach carousel; the bad old days.
    I realize certain and proven European managers may be a risk since they may not be able to navigate the capology limitations of the league.
    Unfortunately, Robin Faser was that understudy.
    Maybe the question to be asked now is...
    Do we debut Lorenzo and Fede next weekend or prioritize and wait for the Canadian Championship the following Wednesday?
    Do they and Criscito even play on that turf in Vancouver?
    I think the pressure of showcasing them all at the next home game is too great at this moment.
    As JLoome pointed out, Bradley has had success with the US and Egypt nats, in MLS and France. Norway as well. Some failures too but for me, enough success to give him a chance to get things right here. And more importantly than what me or anyone on this board thinks, he has the total support of MLSE and he knows that well. He’s torn things down radically because he thought it necessary and he knows he can do it.

Also, his point from the beginning has been that he’s not been playing to make adjustments and win as many games as possible. He’s been playing to be able to play a certain way when the players of the 2nd transfer window are in place.

To me, the roster we’ve had under Bradley suggested from the beginning a last place club. It’s miserable to watch kids (who are not ready to start) being played out of position. And to watch others played out of their comfort zone is annoying. But to suggest there is no plan is bizarre. On the contrary, you don’t get to this point this fast without a clear and forceful plan.

No question there is pressure to start LI and FB on the 23rd but I don’t think we see them if they’re, physically, not ready to go.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-17-2022 at 06:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Sad but true. The genius that decided to go with no real full backs and we now have the league's worst goals against, have the lowest ppg in all of mls and have extended our non clean sheet streak to 29 games and counting....even with the leagues highest payroll at his disposal.

I think we have a better chance of seeing the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot before we see this mythical bob bradly "system".

I have seen it said before, the only reason I can think of why Manning hasn't been canned yet for us about to miss the playoffs for third time in 5 years despite the leagues highest payroll, and all the horrendous decisions made under his "leadership" is he must have mlse exec nude photos in his safe. No other logical explanation can exist why he isn't accountable for running us into the ground like this. He has to be fired not tomorrow, not end of season, but right on the spot, right now. He has done enough damage. Let him go run the argos and destroy them, I dont care, ideally they'd go bankrupt and we wouldn't share bmo anymore as they destroy the grass anyways, so manning go ruin them please and leave us alone to try and fix this disaster.

#manningout
    #bradleysout
    BB must have limited rope though, and I wonder how many more losses MLSE are going to give him, or if the judgement doesn't start until 2023 as some on twitter have suggested. At the end of the day Tanenbaum and crew want results.

As for Manning, his rope seems to be infinite or maybe like you say, he has a huge collection of pics 😂 In all seriousness, I doubt he's going anywhere. He just needs to look at Dubas to know how secure his job is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not advocating for the firing of BB. He is an experienced MLS coach who has achieved a decent level of success. He was probably the best option available when hired. Firing him now would just set back the rebuild further.

All I am saying is the decision to gut the roster was done too deep and too fast. It could have been done more gradually over several transfer windows with enough senior starting quality players kept so that the team remained in the playoff hunt so that when the DP'S arrived there was still something to play for.

Having said that I am not sold on the idea of having BB also being Sporting Director. This something the club should revisit in the off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB must have limited rope though, and I wonder how many more losses MLSE are going to give him, or if the judgement doesn't start until 2023 as some on twitter have suggested. At the end of the day Tanenbaum and crew want results.

As for Manning, his rope seems to be infinite or maybe like you say, he has a huge collection of pics 😂 In all seriousness, I doubt he's going anywhere. He just needs to look at Dubas to know how secure his job is.
    Toronto is currently 5th, I think it is, in league attendance so there is nothing to suggest the support isn’t good. Those Insigne jerseys are flying off the shelf like hotcakes. It’s club foot (Camacho after the last game) not TFC that’s calling out it’s fans for their lack of support.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-17-2022 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Manning, his rope seems to be infinite or maybe like you say, he has a huge collection of pics  In all seriousness, I doubt he's going anywhere. He just needs to look at Dubas to know how secure his job is.
    Manning is the prototypical snake oil salesman from the 1800's wild west. Talks a great game, takes your money after selling you garbage and then is gone onto his next town/victim...lol

As for the college coach bradley, his "system" led him to disasterous stints like in Swansea where he was canned after only 85 days, the shortest stint of any manager in pl history. He got hired only because of the American owners and the fans seen enough right away and he was gone but the damage was done with the horrible record (goals against brutal there like it was here).

He got canned from high payroll LA as well after leading them to missing the playoffs. He alo led Egypt to missing the WC....his stints everywhere have ended up in failure either being fired or the presser friendly "parted ways amicably" and "bob is pursuing other opportunities and we we wish him well". He simply is not a good coach. And even worse as a "sporting director" calling the shots. He has no tactical abiltiy and his "system" is rigid and inflexible. He is an ego maniac and cant' adapt in game ever.

He talks a good game though. Tactically inept though as each game he is out managed time after time.

And quick note, his subs cost us vs San Jose...so what does he do last night? We are losing and his disasterous subs vs San Jose on his mind I guess freezing him into inacivity...and us in despoerate need of even a point and a man up....and he waits until the 89th mintute to make subs. I kid you not.

The experiment with bob has to end now. He leaves a path of destruction everywhere he manages and to make matters worse this time, his son is on the team and everyone no doubt walks around on egg shells with Mikey reporting any transgression (real or perceived) to dad.

Come on mlse, for once, do the right thing. Stop the bleeding and lets get back on track to our rightful throne at the top of the mls.
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 07-17-2022 at 07:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not advocating for the firing of BB. He is an experienced MLS coach who has achieved a decent level of success. He was probably the best option available when hired. Firing him now would just set back the rebuild further.

All I am saying is the decision to gut the roster was done too deep and too fast. It could have been done more gradually over several transfer windows with enough senior starting quality players kept so that the team remained in the playoff hunt so that when the DP'S arrived there was still something to play for.

Having said that I am not sold on the idea of having BB also being Sporting Director. This something the club should revisit in the off season.

Brate, when is enough though for him? I think the "plan" to play with no real outside full backs from the start of the season was not only suicidal but a fireable offense. It simply is gross negligence. And it makes me question ANY decision he makes from now on.

And one oither thing..we continue to lose, continue to get overun in the midfield and yet again, Mikey Bradley doesn't come off. Ever.

Of note, last year under Perez, its no coincidence that when he hooked Mikey and put on Priso we played some of our best football the past 2 years. No matter how mad Mikey was, Perez did what was the best for the team and put it first. Bob can't/wont do that, family first for coach dad. And we got rid of Mikey's competition and never look to buy his replacemement. So he'll keep playing and will so also day 1 next year. Legs be gone and all.

Anyways, what can you do. We are stuck. I'll still fork over my money to watch this crap unfortunately jsut for the game day experiences with my son, but this is demoralizing to watch us lose game after game and play so scared like we did last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Brate, when is enough though for him? I think the "plan" to play with no real outside full backs from the start of the season was not only suicidal but a fireable offense. It simply is gross negligence. And it makes me question ANY decision he makes from now on.

And one oither thing..we continue to lose, continue to get overun in the midfield and yet again, Mikey Bradley doesn't come off. Ever.

Of note, last year under Perez, its no coincidence that when he hooked Mikey and put on Priso we played some of our best football the past 2 years. No matter how mad Mikey was, Perez did what was the best for the team and put it first. Bob can't/wont do that, family first for coach dad. And we got rid of Mikey's competition and never look to buy his replacemement. So he'll keep playing and will so also day 1 next year. Legs be gone and all.

Anyways, what can you do. We are stuck. I'll still fork over my money to watch this crap unfortunately jsut for the game day experiences with my son, but this is demoralizing to watch us lose game after game and play so scared like we did last night.
    How would you rate him against Vanney? Serious question. I know... maybe that's an unfair comparison but I ask because many times Vanney would field the most rediculous lineups, or make stupid sub decisions costing us games. Like putting on his nephew. BB from the outset looked like a good coach for me; CCL final, MLS cup, Supporters sheild, US coach, but man the guy looks disastrous for us.

Any chance they'd consider Perez back? If BB didn't work out.

I feel like the fix for this whole mess is to bring back Bez (wishful thinking) or someone like him, and axe both Bradley's. Manning isn't going anywhere if Dubas can get away with his decisions and 5? or 6 first rounds exits lol.