Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Csalcedojr

¿Que número elegirían?

All available at Juarez. Guess the deal is done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Sounds about right to me.

My favourite part of this whole saga was Manning (or Curtis, can’t remember which one) describing the justification for drafting Dorsey shortly after draft day. They launch into what great leadership qualities the kid has and how he gave some sort of “remember the titans” speech in the combine interviews. Forget that he had a worse record in NCAA than the two Canadians on the board and a worse camp.

We drafted soccer Rudy.
    It seemed bizarre at the time and I don’t think people on this board were pleased about it either. But under Vanney we had a thing for the All American good citizen over the talented player.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-11-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Priso has potential but I think what BB wants from a midfielder is different than who Priso is as a player. And since we’re on the path to finding players that fit into this system decisions had to be made.

I wouldn’t mind if we sold a few more guys, to be honest. Not sure what hope Shaffelburg or some others have of getting playing time once the roster adjustments are done, given they’ll have both vets and other rookies ahead of them. But I would hope someone else sees the potential and takes a look.
    True enough. Not looking like Shaff is going to find adequate playing time either here at this stage of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

🇲🇽🐎 Carlos Salcedo has signed a 4 year contract with FC Juárez, with a salary of $1.9 million per season, plus bonuses. Slightly less than his $2.3M salary with Toronto FC, but still one of the highest paid defenders in Liga MX.

#TFCLive

[via @TUDNMEX]
    https://www.tudn.mx/liga-mx/futbol-e...avos-de-juarez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    True enough. Not looking like Shaff is going to find adequate playing time either here at this stage of his career.
    Shaff is looking really obvious trade bait right now. He can clearly play, but he’s not and likely won’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

🇲🇽🐎 Carlos Salcedo has signed a 4 year contract with FC Juárez, with a salary of $1.9 million per season, plus bonuses. Slightly less than his $2.3M salary with Toronto FC, but still one of the highest paid defenders in Liga MX.

#TFCLive

[via @TUDNMEX]
    https://www.tudn.mx/liga-mx/futbol-e...avos-de-juarez
    I wonder if we'll have to cover the rest, which the original team often has to do, or if Salcedo will just waive it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I wonder if we'll have to cover the rest, which the original team often has to do, or if Salcedo will just waive it.
    I think he has a 3 year contract with us so maybe that's why he's gotten the 4th year from Juarez.

I'd be more interested in if we are getting a fee but I wouldn't be holding my breath on that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It generally depends on who is initiating the move. As Salcedo wants to go, it is in his best interest to make it work. He will likely have signed for less to get to Mexico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My family had a recent experience with getting Canadian visas for Mexicans to visit Canada (for 2 weeks in this case), and it's a bit of a nightmare. The previous federal government brought in the visa requirement for Mexicans visiting, even though Mexico doesn't have a reciprocal requirement for Canadians, and shouldn't since we're all North Americans. It wouldn't at all surprise me if Salcedo couldn't even get his family up here for a visit.

Anyway, I'm sort of bummed to see him go as I like the way he goes in hard every time and plays with an edge. But also was not a great use of a DP slot. All the best to him going back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the base tax rate is lower in Mexico (although Canada has certain mechanisms to lower the tax hit for athletes), along with the lower cost of living and better sponsorship opportunities in Mexico. It's likely a neutral/slightly positive financial move for Salcedo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Often? Huh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And poof!.... just like that... the $6M Soteldo transfer fee disappears into thin air. Same as the Poz fee of $12M (although that story is more nuanced).

I wonder if anyone notices. Or cares.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand they have to offload Salcedo and Pozeulo before our bigger reinforcements come in. But i am getting so frustrated that the window has been open and we already went into one game (San Jose) and now probably two more (Wednesday and Saturday) with even a more depleted squad than before - and i just see no points out of these games. Its out of our hands for both Insigne and Kaye not being match fit, but Bernie and whoever should already be here by now training....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    And poof!.... just like that... the $6M Soteldo transfer fee disappears into thin air. Same as the Poz fee of $12M (although that story is more nuanced).

I wonder if anyone notices. Or cares.
    That + the absolute fiasco of re-upping Jozys contract (Twice? Didn't they exercise an option year too!?) just to tear it up at significant financial loss, plus some others. Somebody in MLSE has to be noticing that management is taking a flamethrower to their cash, but so far they don't seem to care. I can't explain it but it's just at a 'don't look a gift-horse in the mouth' stage by now

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    I understand they have to offload Salcedo and Pozeulo before our bigger reinforcements come in. But i am getting so frustrated that the window has been open and we already went into one game (San Jose) and now probably two more (Wednesday and Saturday) with even a more depleted squad than before - and i just see no points out of these games. Its out of our hands for both Insigne and Kaye not being match fit, but Bernie and whoever should already be here by now training....
    Exactly. Then just come out and say it is a complete re-build. All of their actions reflect this, they have done everything but say it. Add to that Columbus and Seattle were depleted and we have 1 point out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    That + the absolute fiasco of re-upping Jozys contract (Twice? Didn't they exercise an option year too!?) just to tear it up at significant financial loss, plus some others. Somebody in MLSE has to be noticing that management is taking a flamethrower to their cash, but so far they don't seem to care. I can't explain it but it's just at a 'don't look a gift-horse in the mouth' stage by now

same way i feel- had a great opportunity for continuity and consistent winning.

I felt like Manning's ego got in the way when dealing with Seba and subsequently being reactionary and signing jozy again when we all knew wasnt a good idea.
    Poz- almost was botched and ended up paying a lot more then needed
    Lawrence- a player he and his management were familiar with -
    Poz for GAM
    Kaye- Similar situation as Poz, put it out there too early and it cost priso

Seems like his plan is to focus on offense, a lot of moves have been lateral.

I guess there are only a few of us who see it like this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94

As a result of his ongoing family situation, Toronto FC and Carlos Salcedo have mutually agreed to terminate Salcedo’s contract, effective July 15, 2022. TFC get no transfer fee as Salcedo will return to Mexico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    same way i feel- had a great opportunity for continuity and consistent winning.
    This is the part I really think people miss. We have absolutely spent a fortune on this team, by MLS standards, an absurd amount. What we've had to show for it has been really, really poor overall.

For the money we've invested, even in a 'parity' league like MLS, if we had competent management we'd be consistently high up in the league standings and taking runs at the shield more seasons than not - that would be the minimum standard expected, that'd be a 'par'. Our results for dollar spent have to be very, very close to the worst of the league and it's such a massive missed opportunity. We've pretty much pissed away the money with the only saving grace being that the money tap appears to still be open so we have an opportunity to turn it around but the past results have been really poor.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 07-12-2022 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    My family had a recent experience with getting Canadian visas for Mexicans to visit Canada (for 2 weeks in this case), and it's a bit of a nightmare. The previous federal government brought in the visa requirement for Mexicans visiting, even though Mexico doesn't have a reciprocal requirement for Canadians, and shouldn't since we're all North Americans. It wouldn't at all surprise me if Salcedo couldn't even get his family up here for a visit.

Anyway, I'm sort of bummed to see him go as I like the way he goes in hard every time and plays with an edge. But also was not a great use of a DP slot. All the best to him going back.
    This really is such a sucky situation. TFC had to get rid of Soteldo. Salcedo for Soteldo, I would take that trade 10 times out of 10, even if there was visa issues that have to be sorted. Then Salcedo has a new baby, and the mom and baby can't just come over easily. There is so much happening in the background.

What sucks is that Tigres gets a fee for Soteldo going to Europe, but we get nothing for Salcedo? Like, wtf?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought may tie in with some of ensco's earlier thoughts of where the green-light of this and other investments- losses/spends may be originating from.
    If it is Tanenbaum/Ujiri, then I am speculating this 'now' MLSE for TFC spend, and also in connect with Leafs and Raptors (KD?), may be about personal legacy.
    His 'helm', and not necessarily ownership, at the organization may be finite. He's closing in on 80.
    How many more good years does he have to get a kick at the can again; to enjoy and relish in the success of more championships does he have?
    Unfortunately, the run way is shortening. He is within the 'redzone' of life; Ted Rogers passed in his mid 70's.
    In short, 'This Is The Way' to max the probabilities of successes within any time he perceives he has left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the DP spot still locked by signing of Salcedo as we didnt get back equal or more than we paid, or is their a way we can pay off the difference to get off of our books, or did when Salcedo leave, he decided to take the paycut

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright everyone keep your eyes on italian restaurants in woodbridge and yorkville for manning wining and dining our next DP signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    is the DP spot still locked by signing of Salcedo as we didnt get back equal or more than we paid, or is their a way we can pay off the difference to get off of our books, or did when Salcedo leave, he decided to take the paycut
    A mutual termination should free up a DP slot, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    A mutual termination should free up a DP slot, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    It did and we're good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Richard & Ultra & Proud for the clarification

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s good to hear we are getting the full DP slot back. I feared we might still have implications from Solteldo’s salary that we’re wrapped into the Salcedo deal. Guess that’s gone and it’s a clean slate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notes on Manning’s Incoming Signings without Bezbatchenko*

DPs - Of the 7 DPs signed by Manning sans Bezbatchenko (Pozuelo, Altidore, Piatti, Soteldo, Salcedo, Insigne, Bernadeschi) only Salcedo has ever been in the 18 for the first match of the season or summer window. Only Pozuelo and Altidore have lasted more than a season. In the year they were signed (or re-signed) none participated in the start of pre-season and only Salcedo was present for any part of pre-season. Insigne and Bernadeschi are the only signings which remain on the roster.^

TAM^^ - Of the 7 TAM signings by Manning sans Bezbatchenko (Gonzalez, Gallardo, Benezet, Lawrence, Jimenez, Criscito, Kaye) only Jimenez and Criscito have been in the 18 for the first match of the season or summer window. Only Gonzalez and Gallardo have lasted more than a season. In the year they were signed, none participated in the start of pre-season and only Jimenez was present for any part of pre-season. Jimenez, Criscito and Kaye are the only signings which remain on the roster.^

Notable - Former TAM player Auro’s option was exercised at the end of 2021 before he was loaned to Brazil months later. The MLSPA 2022 Guide shows TFC on the hook for 400k in salary for Auro.

*Note on Recorded Info: Time period captured was from Bezbatchenko’s departure (04/01/2019) to present, with the assumption that Bernadeschi signs as a DP.

^Note on 2022 signings: Jimenez, Salcedo, Insigne, Criscito, Kaye and Bernadeschi were all signed in 2022.

^^Note on TAM Scope: Exercising of contract options was not counted as re-signings. However, inclusion of these would mean counting Mavinga (2019) and Osorio (2021) as TAM signings.
    Last edited by portu; 07-12-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the part I really think people miss. We have absolutely spent a fortune on this team, by MLS standards, an absurd amount. What we've had to show for it has been really, really poor overall.
    So have teams like the Galaxy and what did they do? The thing with real parity is that the teams that spend huge won't always win or be competitive. The little guys have a shot too.

But realistically we won one shield, one cup, finished second in SS once and lost 2 MLS Cups & one CCL Final. For a 6 year stretch before it should have been rebuilt that was a pretty good run and better than teams who also spend huge like Atlanta & LAFC have managed.