0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm when shaff shouldered a guy that hard it was a yellow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can hear Bob yelling at Kerr there. Hopefully he knows he needs to do better. He has room to grow, but he needs to give 110% effort at all times while the technique catches up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half time thoughts:

1. Sub Bradley for Ralph Priso
    2. Deandre Kerr needs to get subbed off, he doesn't really know what he's doing, especially on defence.
    3. Jimenez is class
    4. Shaff is great on the overlap but needs a shock collar to defend properly sometimes.
    5. Salcedo is nice.
    6. We don't look like we're going to get scored on every single possession like last year although we still have lots of gaps and holes.
    7. Mavinga still doesn't use his brain all the time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All in all, a good first half. For a minute i thought we were in for a beating. Their front four are going to cause trouble for a lot of teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We look like a young team, I think that much is obvious.

Kerr needs to be subbed. Just not on the pace.

Priso needs to be starting. Ridiculous to be holding him in reserve while fielding so many green players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's possible that Priso sn't ready to go 90 mins yet coming back from his injury. So maybe he'll come on later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta like the second half of that half.

we have teething issues ahead but outside of Mavingas brain cramps and Shaff overcommitting, that was better than most of what we saw last season.

Poz drifts left constantly. Jimenez and Arriola the two best players on the pitch by some measure.
    JMR looking pretty good. Nelson looking much more dangerous. Bradley started poorly but got better.

Kerr looks more striker than winger although with his size and tricky footwork you can see the intent. Needs
    the play to come to him too much though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew we would struggle with some of the youth, especially at FB, and I'm actually not too worried about that. What does worry me is how many of the senior players are doing, some of it is shocking.

TFC offense pretty good, some great combinations. Final passes and finishing were missing until the goal, but overall I liked what I saw (except for Kerr). Dallas also gave away some chances to TFC that they didn't capitalize on.

But some shockers in defence and defensive midfield. Mavinga and Salcedo going way too far forward when both fullbacks were also forward. Mavinga and others dicking around with the ball in front of the net and almost giving away goals. Bradley and others kinda drifting around, not looking like the know where they should be and why. Also some really poor passes out of the back which almost lead to goals against. Bono some really hot and some really cold moments as per usual.

Really lucky that Dallas only got one goal. On the other hand the officiating sucks. Yellow for for Shaffelburg was a joke, considering some Dallas fouls that were not punished. Also no way was there enough on VAR to overturn the offside on Dallas' goal.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 02-26-2022 at 06:57 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The goal was pretty much the best of our attackers all swarming - Pozuelo kicks it out to Shaffelburg who gets a beautiful cross and an even better touch from Jimenez to get the ball over the foot of the Dallas GK. Osorio just finishes clinically and we get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN showing that the Dallas goal really should have stayed as offside... No idea why that was overturned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bradley was really good in the last 15 min

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    TSN showing that the Dallas goal really should have stayed as offside... No idea why that was overturned.

No way this was clear and obvious. Respect the people on the field unless you actually have a reason to overturn it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what game everyone is watching, but JMR is leaving people wide open in dangerous spots nearly constantly, including the first goal. He is definitely no RB (yet).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am praising Jesus after that first half.

Michael Bradley is so toast. He isn't gonna get more mobile either.

JMR wants to be a midfielder, and I honestly think he'd be incredible at it.

Shaff is gonna be a top LB in the MLS getting forward. He needs a world of work on his defensive game though.

Kerr looks like a guy who played in the NCAA last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far I like what I See. Salcedo Rutty Jiminez very positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like we're getting caught with too many guys up. I don't mind converting Shaff and JMR to fullback, but I feel like they need to be paired with a more defensive fullback, especially when learning the position. For example Morrow had Beitashour. Seeing us get caught with 2 guys back a few times because Shaff and JMR are so far up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Shaff has the work ethic to get better at LB if he is given the time, I’ve never felt cheated by his effort. Nelson looks much better this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All in all, not a bad half. Priso needs to be brought on for Bradley, Achara for Kerr early-ish in the second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way this was clear and obvious. Respect the people on the field unless you actually have a reason to overturn it.
    This official is ridiculous. He barely glanced at that they trotted off. It’s nowhere near clear enough to overturn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of calls to sub off Kerr. Careful what you wish for - Please review the current bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Lots of calls to sub off Kerr. Careful what you wish for - Please review the current bench.
    As long as Perruzza is on the bench, I'll always be calling for a substitute

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Caldwell, as usual is out of his mind blaming Mavinga and Salcedo for defensive shape.

They are being dragged all over the place by two inexperienced fullbacks and are shielded in front by Michael Bradley in a wheelchair
    Yes the fullbacks are a problem. But Mavinga and Salcedo shouldn't both be in the offensive half when the fullbacks are also both far forward. And no midfielder is going back to cover in the middle when Mavinga or Salcedo stroll forward in attack. We're missing Delgado or a more defensively-minded midfielder. Bradley just drifting around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Could sub Peruzza on to LB and move Shaff up to RW.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS has had a problem with this aspect of things for years. They do not use clear & obvious as a curb to when decisions are overturned.

That call was horrid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Achara for Kerr - good !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yes the fullbacks are a problem. But Mavinga and Salcedo shouldn't both be in the offensive half when the fullbacks are also both far forward. And no midfielder is going back to cover in the middle when Mavinga or Salcedo stroll forward in attack. We're missing Delgado or a more defensively-minded midfielder. Bradley just drifting around.
    Bradley drifting is a compliment. He moves more like an iceberg.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga sub - interesting....or hurt....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the subs, but Bradley should be off too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    They should have planned better. There is an extremely large player pool at this level worldwide. They suck at planning and getting deals done.
    Nah. They’ve got the best academy prospects playing with league XI calibre players like Pozuelo and Salcedo, a very solid strategy to test out who is good enough to stay in the starting XI by the time the reinforcements arrive in July. Shaff was the breakout man for TFC last year, let him try to hold that spot down. No point in hastily loading the roster with journeymen just to say you did something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga hurt already...