Quote Originally Posted by Free-kick View Post
I’ll buy that (ie.: Regarding the compete level of the Championship versus MLS). But when it comes to top end talent, you will find more of that in MLS than in the Championship. The top end talent is what you will face at the WC and in WCQ. I am not sure that the style of play of the championship is conducive to what you will see at the WC for example. I was watching Notts F play Arsenal yesterday on SN, i saw lots of hard running, lots of 50-50 balls, less sustained possession…etc. definitely lots of “Compete”. This is commonly what i have often seen when i watch UK soccer other than the EPL. But thats not what you will see in WCQ and WC.
the championship is for sure that, the step up in income for teams is massive, hence its a tough league to get out of. The cup game was competitive but cup football tends to be especially earlier rounds. It's a one game deal these days, no replays etc like the old days, so teams, especially the so called smaller teams play, like their lives depended on it.I thought both Forest wings backs looked good, I thought the Spence lad they have on loan was excellent. Colback the other wing back was good, had a few issues defensively as expected but did well enough.