Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-n...-pro-invitatio

Playing some Premier League u21 teams. Should be interesting.

https://twitter.com/MLSNEXTPRO/statu...35970931068935

I wonder if these new rules will apply; particularly the first.

Interesting changes.
    A trial that may eventually transition to MLS within the next few years?
    IMO, new off-field rule may not offer enough time to cause pause about unnecessarily going down; maybe 5 minutes?
    IMO, the red card rule makes sense.
    A concern may be any subliminal behavior modifications or infractions such tweaks may cause.
    Particularly, to players frequently circulating between MLS and their NEXT PRO leagues.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-09-2022 at 03:50 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ex player in the house tonight (lets not mention that time on the Pacific coast)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rooney looking VERY thicc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rooney's wife is NOT going to be happy with this one...

But we get to do the memes again

I'd put this in top 5 MLS moments of all time
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-10-2022 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Rooney's wife is NOT going to be happy with this one...

But we get to do the memes again

I'd put this in top 5 MLS moments of all time
    That's probably one of the top 5 plays in all of football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    That's probably one of the top 5 plays in all of football
    Dudes from Kingston and North Carolina who have been die hard Man City fans since 2013 would dare to disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, seems Richie Laryea can't catch a break.

Edit: And even if there was any hope in hell at the possibility of filling in at LB.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/s...44694920134656
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-11-2022 at 10:16 AM. Reason: fix link

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all players make good coaches. Some great players have been great coaches (e.g. Johan Cruyff). Some great players have been terrible coaches (e.g. Diego Maradona). Some very mediocre players have made great managers (e.g. Alex Ferguson). Rooney as DCU manager seems like a terrible idea to me, but then you never know.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-11-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

https://twitter.com/MLSNEXTPRO/statu...35970931068935

I wonder if these new rules will apply; particularly the first.

Interesting changes.
    A trial that may eventually transition to MLS within the next few years?
    IMO, new off-field rule may not offer enough time to cause pause about unnecessarily going down; maybe 5 minutes?
    IMO, the red card rule makes sense.
    A concern may be any subliminal behavior modifications or infractions such tweaks may cause.
    Particularly, to players frequently circulating between MLS and their NEXT PRO leagues.
    I like the injury rule. It would get rid of a lot of time wasting.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Not all players make good coaches. Some great players have been great coaches (e.g. Johan Cruyff). Some great players have been terrible coaches (e.g. Diego Maradona). Some very mediocre players have made great managers (e.g. Alex Ferguson). Rooney as DCU manager seems like a terrible idea to me, but then you never know.
    This is one of the strangest stories in MLS this year, especially after all the talk of his wife hating Washington when played there. He also led Derby County to relegation, although not all of his doing given the club's turmoil. I have to think this is a terrible idea as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    This is one of the strangest stories in MLS this year, especially after all the talk of his wife hating Washington when played there. He also led Derby County to relegation, although not all of his doing given the club's turmoil. I have to think this is a terrible idea as well.
    Derby County lost 21 points to 'financial irregularity' - without which they'd have been at 55 points. Not once, but TWICE did Derby County shoot themselves in the foot.

Doesn't mean Rooney's a good coach, but by god, if you're going to take a team with something to build on and throw all that money in the trash, this is a way to do it. Rooney may have a better time with an org that doesn't throw seven wins away off the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^ Oldtimer, appreciate and thanks for the assist(s).

Having repeated issue(s) with linking/posting tweets.

Have read and reviewed RPB forum/internet instructions on this matter.

And still, I seem to be a luddite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...one of the strangest stories in MLS this year, especially after all the talk of his wife hating Washington when played there...
    Running, or swimming, across the pond, to the solace of the 'man cave' that is DCU, perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Derby County lost 21 points to 'financial irregularity' - without which they'd have been at 55 points. Not once, but TWICE did Derby County shoot themselves in the foot.

Doesn't mean Rooney's a good coach, but by god, if you're going to take a team with something to build on and throw all that money in the trash, this is a way to do it. Rooney may have a better time with an org that doesn't throw seven wins away off the field.
    yeah that's why I mentioned the turmoil. I thought it was just 12 points, but yeah you're right it was 21. He wasn't great the year before either but, yeah, can't really judge by his time there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that's why I mentioned the turmoil. I thought it was just 12 points, but yeah you're right it was 21. He wasn't great the year before either but, yeah, can't really judge by his time there.
    It's just suffering; I was actually keeping an eye on them out of just morbid curiosity, saw they were on pace to be out of the relegation zone, and then they ate a SECOND penalty due to 'financial irregularities'. I was rooting for them to stay in the Championship too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rooney was HERCULEAN there this season. Seriously, that team shouldn’t have had a hope of fighting for survival and he had them in it despite a 21 point deduction.

The very fact that that roster was so restricted —he had to sell, he couldn’t buy anyone — and he still managed to get so much of them suggests he’s probably perfect for DC, for at least as long as he can put up with management.

But keep in mind these are owners who just fired a top European coach because he insisted his players be fit and focus but wasn’t soft and cuddly about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    It's just suffering; I was actually keeping an eye on them out of just morbid curiosity, saw they were on pace to be out of the relegation zone, and then they ate a SECOND penalty due to 'financial irregularities'. I was rooting for them to stay in the Championship too!
    Yeah I have a friend who is a Derby supporter so I keep my eye on them as well. Usually are good games between them and Norwich as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting post-training presser from Bob yesterday. He kind of lashes out at Michael Singh about journos speculating making the Kaye trade harder to complete. I understand his frustration, but fans want news and that’s not going to stop. Seems pretty clear that Bob has a marked dislike of Singh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Interesting post-training presser from Bob yesterday. He kind of lashes out at Michael Singh about journos speculating making the Kaye trade harder to complete. I understand his frustration, but fans want news and that’s not going to stop. Seems pretty clear that Bob has a marked dislike of Singh.
    Interesting.
    Wonder who his 'organization source' is on some of his recent commentary and speculation then?
    An anti-Bradley/s faction?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.
    Wonder who his 'organization source' is on some of his recent commentary and speculation then?
    An anti-Bradley/s faction?
    Could be. Or maybe Bob is pissed that Michael leaks too much?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be. Or maybe Bob is pissed that Michael leaks too much?
    On second thought, wasn't it Caldwell that first leaked the possibility of that trade?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob's been in the business long enough and should know better, he comes off as a child throwing a tantrum blaming the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh keeps asking questions to try and get something juicy/interesting out of Bob, whereas most of the other reporters ask very general questions that lets Bob say whatever he wants. If Bob doesn't want reporters to leak news, he needs to run a tighter ship or make sure things are being shared with reporters who will leak it in the way you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On second thought, wasn't it Caldwell that first leaked the possibility of that trade?
    Correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember in February when Soteldo said "he gave away a year of his career playing in MLS"? Is he going to say the same thing about Liga MX now? Maybe getting booted from two clubs in 6 months each will get himself to take some accountability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is fifth in the league for attendance. Our average attendance is only going to increase as the season goes on, however I doubt we'll move higher in the rankings because of seating constraints at BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

TFC is fifth in the league for attendance. Our average attendance is only going to increase as the season goes on, however I doubt we'll move higher in the rankings because of seating constraints at BMO.
    Cool. I think current BMO max is 33K is it not? Maybe a shot at #4 if TFC ever goes on a run and gets the casuals excited...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Cool. I think current BMO max is 33K is it not? Maybe a shot at #4 if TFC ever goes on a run and gets the casuals excited...
    I think seated capacity is around 30k plus whatever is in the standing section. In 2017 we averaged 27,647, which is probably our max for this season