Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how the presence of the Argos affects BMO for the WC - every team logo is going to be wrapped over & the pitch is not going to be touched for 6 weeks before hand. As for seating, the Argos draw so little, there is no way MLSE looks at their needs first.

The North End is still possible to do a permanent reno on with adjustable seating to take in the CFL length - the more troublesome issue for the North is will the city be willing to build up to or with the CNE Food building, which is the biggest money maker per square foot for the CNE.

The West side will be getting a reno - the press box needs demand it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I don't see how the presence of the Argos affects BMO for the WC - every team logo is going to be wrapped over & the pitch is not going to be touched for 6 weeks before hand. As for seating, the Argos draw so little, there is no way MLSE looks at their needs first.

The North End is still possible to do a permanent reno on with adjustable seating to take in the CFL length - the more troublesome issue for the North is will the city be willing to build up to or with the CNE Food building, which is the biggest money maker per square foot for the CNE.

The West side will be getting a reno - the press box needs demand it.
    If the North end was able to have a permanent adjustable seating, where during TFC games there can be a lot of fans behind the net - I just feel they wouldve had that in the original plans when the Argos moved in, instead of just destroying the North End seats and pissing alot of fans off. I do hope you are right though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TFC2 white kits are so much nicer than the first team's white/grey combo
    Last edited by rydermike; 06-18-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO have re-upped sponsorship (Stadium and Jersey) for another 10 years. Should be announced by the club shortly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably waiting to confirm the WC venue - that's a LOT of free publicity all over the world, especially if the rumour of the first game of the tournament being here comes to pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably waiting to confirm the WC venue - that's a LOT of free publicity all over the world, especially if the rumour of the first game of the tournament being here comes to pass.
    No way they play Game 1 in a makeshift BMO. It’ll go to a genuinely world class venue. Something weird going on if it doesn’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    They won in NY on Saturday too...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    No way they play Game 1 in a makeshift BMO. It’ll go to a genuinely world class venue. Something weird going on if it doesn’t.
    It may be FIFA/Organizers playing the time zone game to have Day 1 with the opening games for Canada, Mexico and the US.

Canada in Toronto say at 3pm EST
    Mexico in Mexico City say at 6pm EST
    and the US in LA say around 9pm EST
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A stat breakdown of how Nelson is developing:

https://worldfootballindex.com/2022/...jayden-nelson/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEA v. SKC. Shit, the sounders look pretty good in transition. There’s a level of play in the league we’re just not seeing too often right now in the east.

No mention of LA on the halftime show. 100% of the hype for Bale.

Where is Tim Leiweke when you need him? That man could get an entire country excited about nothing in particular. Bill Manning: cure for insomnia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    SEA v. SKC. Shit, the sounders look pretty good in transition. There’s a level of play in the league we’re just not seeing too often right now in the east.
    I totally agree. Being a fan out of the west I really hate this years scheduling. The league has grown too large and now we don’t get to see all the teams. I really hope MLS figures something out. We should play each team at least once. Whether home or away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I totally agree. Being a fan out of the west I really hate this years scheduling. The league has grown too large and now we don’t get to see all the teams. I really hope MLS figures something out. We should play each team at least once. Whether home or away.
    Once they get to 32 teams, divide each conference into four 4-club divisions. Each club will play home-and-away matches (preferably grouping 2 groups of rivalries together), and one game per season against every other club in the league, alternating home and away each year.
    Alternatively, if they stay at 30 teams, then they could divide each conference into three 5-club divisions with the same format as above, except the extra match would be against a random team in their own conference. The exception would be that Vancouver would always alternate their extra game between Toronto and Montreal every other season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Once they get to 32 teams, divide each conference into four 4-club divisions. Each club will play home-and-away matches (preferably grouping 2 groups of rivalries together), and one game per season against every other club in the league, alternating home and away each year.
    Alternatively, if they stay at 30 teams, then they could divide each conference into three 5-club divisions with the same format as above, except the extra match would be against a random team in their own conference. The exception would be that Vancouver would always alternate their extra game between Toronto and Montreal every other season.
    I think of two 15 team divisions, home-and-away format. Winners meet in the playoffs. And otherwise, a cup tie just with MLS teams.

Seems like a good way to keep North American and traditional elements under one roof. But, doubt it would ever happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of two 15 team divisions, home-and-away format. Winners meet in the playoffs. And otherwise, a cup tie just with MLS teams.

Seems like a good way to keep North American and traditional elements under one roof. But, doubt it would ever happen.
    That will never happen. There is simply too much advertising revenue on the line with NY vs LA matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    That will never happen. There is simply too much advertising revenue on the line with NY vs LA matches.
    That’s why you put one team from each city in each league. A La MLB.

But yes, practically you’re right. Too many advertising things that want to happen that can’t happen in a balance schedule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s why you put one team from each city in each league. A La MLB.

But yes, practically you’re right. Too many advertising things that want to happen that can’t happen in a balance schedule
    If the league continues to add more teams something has to give, you cant just keep shoving the problem under a rug.

I think eventually CONCACAF and CONMEBOL will merge leading to a new CCL format as well. The league will eventually have to satisfy the hardcore along with making the league much more casual friendly. A form of relegation will be brought in to manage games and create some form of prestige, perhaps MLS and Liga MX will form a new tier 1 league. A lot will change in the next 20-30 years if the goal is to challenge European dominance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    @#$%&! Barca! IMHO nailed another kit. Their Away Gold City Map is simply gorgeous.

https://www.footballkitnews.com/2787...games-tribute/

I am usually an Adidas over Nike guy; more RunDMC than MJ.
    But in football those three stripes that usually run across the shoulders just kill any opportunity of a more impactful design esthetic for MLS jerseys.
    The Three Stripes Claw running over a shoulder on one side was an improvement.
    I do not understand why Adidas just can't sometimes limit themselves to use the Stan Smith logo like Nike just uses the Swoosh.
    I also feel MLS kit designs/designers are not as adventurous as in other leagues of the world.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-28-2022 at 02:50 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I forgot how bad a writer Graham Ruthven was.... the Guardian article about Bale is really torqued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I forgot how bad a writer Graham Ruthven was.... the Guardian article about Bale is really torqued.
    did you write for the Sun at
    some point?

(because ‘torqued’ was the internal buzzword for ‘juicing’ a story there and I haven’t heard it elsewhere.)
    Last edited by jloome; 06-29-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

myles morgan has a hattrick for the u19 team in mls next cup...de rosario in goal

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    some point?

(because ‘torqued’ was the internal buzzword for ‘juicing’ a story there and I haven’t heard it elsewhere.)

No - done a few things but never a journo.

I first heard that word used way back on the Torontoist story comment pages back in 2009 - usually in relation to polls.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look forward to consistantly having a 30 minutes pre-game show as against being at the whim of a TV network putting on instead 30 minutes of hockey talk 3 days after those playoffs finished.

Even if those 30 minutes are a league based discussion, its still better then waiting for 30 minutes of "top plays of last month" to finally finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look forward to consistantly having a 30 minutes pre-game show as against being at the whim of a TV network putting on instead 30 minutes of hockey talk 3 days after those playoffs finished.

Even if those 30 minutes are a league based discussion, its still better then waiting for 30 minutes of "top plays of last month" to finally finish.
    Totally agree. Can’t wait for next year and the Apple deal to begin. It’s going to be so much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    some point?

No - done a few things but never a journo.

I first heard that word used way back on the Torontoist story comment pages back in 2009 - usually in relation to polls.
    Didn't get any of that sense for Graham Ruthven's The Guardian article on Apple/MLS deal; maybe?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...pple-tv-soccer
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-30-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is 1st in the East again. 🤮

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC and OVO.
    Interesting.
    #ChampagnePapi is all about it?
    TFC's future must be so bright, I gotta wear shades!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-02-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ As a followup...

Meh.
    Not a whole lot of design ingenuity.
    They have had months to execute; seems rushed.
    Simple Double Logo hoodies for about $160.00!
    Understand the brand licensing expense.
    Still, for such a project, I find it lacks relevance.
    For me and now, Insigne's TFC's scarves are more interesting; yet just a worldwide classic layout.
    I note RPB's have done a few!
    Double Logo caps... too busy.
    Only like the OVO Logo w/TFC scarf t-shirts. May buy.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-02-2022 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way has anyone noticed that at the right angle de Ligt could be Zavaleta's doppelganger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-n...-pro-invitatio

Playing some Premier League u21 teams. Should be interesting.