0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC vs LAFC friendly is today at 3. looks like it's 0-0 at halftime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 TFC Achara and Perruzza have scored.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like it ended 2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The preseason of Perruzza continues!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

The preseason of Perruzza continues!

I'm calling it here: he scores at least 10 goals this season. (I know, I have a Peruzza blind spot.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC game story has some more detail on the LAFC match:
    https://www.torontofc.ca/news/reds-c...-win-over-lafc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This off season we've seen a number of MLS teams transfer players to European teams that share the same ownership (for example Auston Trusty going from Colorado to Arsenal). Trusty is a decent young player, but he's hardly Arsenal quality. However, it is a good way for Colorado to generate some GAM. They sell Trusty to Arsenal for $1M and magically create $1M in GAM for the Rapids, without any money really swapping hands - maybe just moving from one pocket to another. There's also been a few instances of teams transferring failed DPs to European teams that they share ownership with in order to get out of the contract.

I wonder if there's any chance that MLSE looks in to doing something similar. I know around 10 years ago there were rumours that MLSE was looking into Newcastle or Sheffield Wednesday. I also seem to recall (but can't find a source) that we had rumoured interest in a Serie A team. If MLSE wants to go all in on Italian soccer, buying a Serie A team wouldn't be a bad shout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    If MLSE wants to go all in on Italian soccer, buying a Serie A team wouldn't be a bad shout.
    I can imagine Joey Cheese having a conniption if that happened...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

I'm calling it here: he scores at least 10 goals this season. (I know, I have a Peruzza blind spot.)
    If he stays healthy and hits the ground running he just might. He has to pad the total before July because I have a feeling he will be coming off the bench after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If he stays healthy and hits the ground running he just might. He has to pad the total before July because I have a feeling he will be coming off the bench after that.
    The year of Peruzza hype train is getting ready to leave the station. Plenty of space on board for everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS teams transfer players to European teams that share the same ownership
    This is a big insight. You're almost surely right about this. Savvy business practice which MLSE could easily exploit. I wonder if the candidate European assets have all been bid up in the last couple of years. But yeah, Serie A might be good hunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    This is a big insight. You're almost surely right about this. Savvy business practice which MLSE could easily exploit. I wonder if the candidate European assets have all been bid up in the last couple of years. But yeah, Serie A might be good hunting
    Spezia went for €25M last year. It was a risky buy since they just earned promotion, but they’re sitting mid table this year. That’s affordable for MLSE if they want to make a big bet on global soccer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spezia went for €25M last year. It was a risky buy since they just earned promotion, but they’re sitting mid table this year. That’s affordable for MLSE if they want to make a big bet on global soccer.
    And we could have stayed in Cinque Terre to watch our club.... oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the Athletic, Fire are about to acquire Shaqiri. great player. whoa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This off season we've seen a number of MLS teams transfer players to European teams that share the same ownership (for example Auston Trusty going from Colorado to Arsenal). Trusty is a decent young player, but he's hardly Arsenal quality. However, it is a good way for Colorado to generate some GAM. They sell Trusty to Arsenal for $1M and magically create $1M in GAM for the Rapids, without any money really swapping hands - maybe just moving from one pocket to another. There's also been a few instances of teams transferring failed DPs to European teams that they share ownership with in order to get out of the contract.

I wonder if there's any chance that MLSE looks in to doing something similar. I know around 10 years ago there were rumours that MLSE was looking into Newcastle or Sheffield Wednesday. I also seem to recall (but can't find a source) that we had rumoured interest in a Serie A team. If MLSE wants to go all in on Italian soccer, buying a Serie A team wouldn't be a bad shout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Agree with Gogon. Idea right there, staring right in front of me/us; never entered my mind.
    Insightful and smart noxx98.
    For a team like Spezia, chump-change for MLSE.
    Even if at first they take a minority stake with player exchange and development stipulations.
    As well as first right of refusal to any available shares for control or full ownership.
    I mean if ex-Saputo consigliere Joe Tacopina can do it.
    Even if they have to get in bed with him or someone of his sort for only a short time; so long as they saran wrap themselves; legally.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Even if they have to get in bed with him or someone of his sort for only a short time; so long as they saran wrap themselves; legally.

I have to think of the "Naked Gun" with that one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone who has access to Brit channels via Kodi or an app, BBC1 has Nottingham Forest's FA cup tie on tomorrow. Don't know if Richie will feature, given that he just played two internationals and the manager is leery of his experience (I'm a little worried he doesn't rate MLS and doesn't know what he has, but we'll see I guess).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    According to the Athletic, Fire are about to acquire Shaqiri. great player. whoa
    What will he be on, I wonder? Could easily be the same as Insigne. Could it be more?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie is on the bench for the first time with Nottingham Forest vs. Leicester today. Game's about to kickoff. I shall update.

EDIT: Forest up 2-0 in the 23 min, two goals in two minutes. A nice header, a bad backpass.

EDIT: 3-0 Forest at the 31 minute of a Joe Worrall header on a corner.

EDIT: Leicester gets one back. Exciting game.

EDIT: 4-1 Forest on a Jed Spence goal, well worked.

Doesn't look like Richie's going to get on. I wonder if it's a speed-of-game issue this early; the pace is frantic compared to MLS. You forget when watching two Premiership squads how it can be because there's often one team bunkering, which skews the perspective. This is going at the same speed as Liverpool-Chelsea. It's loony tunes quick.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-06-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Richie is on the bench for the first time with Nottingham Forest vs. Leicester today. Game's about to kickoff. I shall update.

EDIT: Forest up 2-0 in the 23 min, two goals in two minutes. A nice header, a bad backpass.

EDIT: 3-0 Forest at the 31 minute of a Joe Worrall header on a corner.

EDIT: Leicester gets one back. Exciting game.

EDIT: 4-1 Forest on a Jed Spence goal, well worked.

Doesn't look like Richie's going to get on. I wonder if it's a speed-of-game issue this early; the pace is frantic compared to MLS. You forget when watching two Premiership squads how it can be because there's often one team bunkering, which skews the perspective. This is going at the same speed as Liverpool-Chelsea. It's loony tunes quick.
    Spence looks like a very good player. Scoring a lot. Richie’s going to have trouble getting starts behind him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pacific FC accidentally leaked the Canadian Championship dates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Spence looks like a very good player. Scoring a lot. Richie’s going to have trouble getting starts behind him.
    He's on loan from Middlesborough and there's scuttlebutt he's got multiple Premier League teams already interested. I suspect they bought Richie thinking they might lose Spence during the window, but it didn't happen.

But what they did do is loan out their other left back and have said they consider Laryea able to play both sides. So he's probably looking at backup duty on the right flank, and he's competing with Max Lowe for the starting job on the left. Lowe is another loanee, from Sheffield United but less highly regarded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s highlights from today’s friendly with Austin.

https://youtu.be/xI0_41owUq0

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post

Good to see , even with it being closed doors the Austin supporters made their presence known.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post

Thanks for this! I'm too old to learn all the new TFC players' names and faces...

So Urruti is playing for Austin now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frGH...l=TifoFootball

I thought this was good vid on just hard it is to maintain the grass
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be a lot worse...could be Charlotte

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Thank you for this. OMG that is funny.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha the frankness was amazing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that's priceless !!! Made my day. Thank you