Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In tonight's loss, Bruce Arena ended up with Jozy at left wing (where he's used him several times this year) and Omar Gonzalez at right back. They lost 3-2 to Miami.

Take away Bou and Buksa for injury and Buchanan and Gill alone is not enough. Bruce Arena may be the winningest coach in league history, but they look awful MLS 1.0 without three of their four best players from last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonzalez on their last goal was just bad memories from last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gonzalez on their last goal was just bad memories from last year
    Dude walked right around him and poked in the winning goal. Enjoy New England!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is actually a well crafted tweet by PRO explaining this decision & with the record of the voices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not trying to spook anybody but I wish to note a general observation within my business: demand for sports tickets from customers is extremely low. Even when we can find takers, cancellations come back often.

Have to wonder if this will boomerang back around and hit MLSE in the pocketbook eventually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Not trying to spook anybody but I wish to note a general observation within my business: demand for sports tickets from customers is extremely low. Even when we can find takers, cancellations come back often.

Have to wonder if this will boomerang back around and hit MLSE in the pocketbook eventually
    Case in point, I just got an email selling me south end season tickets. That's never happened before

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

probably a decent amount of hesitancy around large events with COVID around still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is actually a well crafted tweet by PRO explaining this decision & with the record of the voices.
    it would be great if these were shared on the telecast. It would give viewers more confidence in the rulings especially when the commentators are second guessing/unaware of the rules.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    probably a decent amount of hesitancy around large events with COVID around still.

Took one look at all the hype about the "wonderful crowds" at the Jay's games on the weekend & shuddered - know of at least 1 attendee who caught covid there.

I'm Ok with BMO because its outside but the hesitancy is real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took one look at all the hype about the "wonderful crowds" at the Jay's games on the weekend & shuddered - know of at least 1 attendee who caught covid there.

I'm Ok with BMO because its outside but the hesitancy is real.
    I managed to get covid at BMO.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Given the crowds, and the amount of yelling, the risk is real, even if lower than indoors.
    Hope you are doing better.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    For sure. People are starting to become reclusive too though, haha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Were you wearing a mask?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle vs Pumas UNAL for CCL final. 26 April.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Seattle vs Pumas UNAL for CCL final. 26 April.

US soccer twitter is rather confident of this result - Seattle has the right mindset this year to get this done but man....this is a tough ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vaikla gets into some can-con trivia by becoming young DeRosario's first professional victim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySXftVBSYs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Vaikla gets into some can-con trivia by becoming young DeRosario's first professional victim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySXftVBSYs
    Young DeRo had a number of really good strikes. Should be fun to watch him develop in CPL this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bayern played a formation today that seems ideal for us when Insigne gets here.

------------------Bono-------------
    -------O'Neill-Salcedo-Mavinga---------
    Chung---Osorio--Bradley---Petrasso/Shaff
    ----------Pozuelo---Insigne-----------------
    ---------------Jimenez----------------------

It's like the old xmas tree formation but they use a central block and press. As we're using a high press for much of the match anyway, it would seem a good fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie got his first playing time today, finally, the last 11 minutes when Forrest were already up 3-0 and a man advantage.

Hate to say it, but I'm not sure his manager rates him or North American players generally; Ethan Horvath had a run of seven games at goal in which he was excellent and more consistent than Brice Samba. He had an international date off with the U.S., his spot was given back to Samba despite him playing well.

If a guy plays better than the incumbent and can't get a game, I start wondering if a manager who never got higher than the lower leagues has an ingrained bias against "american" players. If you've lived in England for any length of time, you'll be aware that shit most defnitely goes on.

Or, maybe Richie just hasn't been good enough. Forest are playing like one of the better clubs in England right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie got his first playing time today, finally, the last 11 minutes when Forrest were already up 3-0 and a man advantage.

Hate to say it, but I'm not sure his manager rates him or North American players generally; Ethan Horvath had a run of seven games at goal in which he was excellent and more consistent than Brice Samba. He had an international date off with the U.S., his spot was given back to Samba despite him playing well.

If a guy plays better than the incumbent and can't get a game, I start wondering if a manager who never got higher than the lower leagues has an ingrained bias against "american" players. If you've lived in England for any length of time, you'll be aware that shit most defnitely goes on.

Or, maybe Richie just hasn't been good enough. Forest are playing like one of the better clubs in England right now.
    Djed Spence (the starter in Laryea's position) has been red hot- So much so tha they thought they were going to lose him back in the winter, which is why they signed Richie. The hot streak plus the tendency to not rotate your players when you're on a roll under ANY circumstances and Forrests charge for promotion is probably largely why Richie hasn't seen any playing time until now.

Having said that, there's probably a bias against NA players- I can't imagine why RL doesnt even make the bench some games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did he look?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    How did he look?
    I watched the last 5-7 minutes. He looked fine, but Nottingham was up by 3 so they were just sitting back holding possession for the most part, passing around the back. There were a couple times he tried to go for a run, but they didn't send him, simply content to just hold the ball and run out the clock, rather than try a unguaranteed through ball. I think Richie was 8/8 on passing. Nottingham added a 4th in the last seconds of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad he got in the pitch. It’s a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ritchie

Hate to say it, but according to the sofascore site, where all players got a grade after matches, even substitutes, no matter how many minutes have played, Ritchie got the lowest grade from the whole Forest team: 6.3. The next worst grade is 6.8, that's a big margin...
    I have no idea who gives these grades, but maybe some british sports journos association?

Link is here:
    https://www.sofascore.com/west-bromw...gham-forest/io

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Context: 2-4 start for DCU.

That's an interesting move for sure. On one hand, if they felt he didn't have the room and acted swiftly then good on them. On the other, if this is DCU being impatient, then this move could very well be the beginning of the end of their season. We shall see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Athletic article (not blocked)

Sources indicated that Losada has had a tenuous relationship with some players as well as members of the club’s front office, including sporting director Dave Kasper and GM Lucy Rushton, as well as with oFrom thewnership.

Ben Olsen = the Alex Ferguson of DC United

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Given the crowds, and the amount of yelling, the risk is real, even if lower than indoors.
    Hope you are doing better.
    For me I just had COVID, but from my son bringing it home from school it looks like and not BMO Field but after going through having the virus and the recovery from it I have to say it does make me think twice about going anywhere crowded right now. I really don't want to go through that again and it likely means I will not be at the next group of games to be safe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I watched the last 5-7 minutes. He looked fine, but Nottingham was up by 3 so they were just sitting back holding possession for the most part, passing around the back. There were a couple times he tried to go for a run, but they didn't send him, simply content to just hold the ball and run out the clock, rather than try a unguaranteed through ball. I think Richie was 8/8 on passing. Nottingham added a 4th in the last seconds of the game.
    I watched the game too. Ritchie kept trying to make runs and you could tell he wanted to cause an impact even though they were up 3-0 when he came on. Nobody would pass to him initially but you could tell the crowd really wanted them to and when they finally did the crowd cheered that they passed the ball to him. They continued cheering for each time he got a pass which I thought was cool. They just had no interest in attacking at that time in the game like you said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Victim of a shit front office. THey had a weak team and then traded away their best player for cash, replacing him with a DP striker when they already had a 19 goal scorer. Losada told them last year they were doomed without a better roster but was ignored.

Again, these are the same idiots who kept Ben Olsen on for so many years.