Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Porchetta also available in the West - middle concession stand.
    Had it, enjoyed it. Not inexpensive, then again hardly anything is at TFC BMO these days.
    Also expecting some price hikes this season given current food inflation.
    Hope the Porchetta is still available.
    Someone on the periphery mentioned to me a while back possible Food & Beverage reboots.
    Think they were likely referencing the announced Mill Street focus.
    No direct mention in concession highlights on BMO website, but IIRC agree it was available middle west side at the Panini Station at Section 207.

https://www.bmofield.com/plan-your-v...od-concessions
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-01-2022 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed this on M. Bradley's wiki. As part of his deal to sign with us, Roma promised
    "two friendly matches at BMO Field over six years, and a player development program for Toronto FC players at Roma's training facility.[23]"

Anyone ever hear what happened to that part of the deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I noticed this on M. Bradley's wiki. As part of his deal to sign with us, Roma promised
    "two friendly matches at BMO Field over six years, and a player development program for Toronto FC players at Roma's training facility.[23]"

I don't know about the friendlies but those player development agreements are dime a dozen in football, absolutely worthless where nothing really ever happens in my opinion.

Unless a club is providing training courses/sending coaches over to TFC these development programs deals are just for marketing. Didnt we also have one with Tottenham when we got Defoe?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is probably about as real as the "amazing sports science company" which was supposed to come in to help TFC improve fitness and avoid injuries. That was announced in the year after the MLS Cup win, when injuries really plagued TFC under Vanney.

We never heard about that again, and the injury issues got worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the touchline talk video with Bill Manning and Wheeler from Feb 25, around 23 minute mark, Bill says there's buzz again on the business side of the club.

He says all premium seats and all suites are sold out. He says season seats are over 21/22 thousand sold and counting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    In the touchline talk video with Bill Manning and Wheeler from Feb 25, around 23 minute mark, Bill says there's buzz again on the business side of the club.

He says all premium seats and all suites are sold out. He says season seats are over 21/22 thousand sold and counting.
    Looking at what's left for the home opener and it's not much.

Should be a sell out or very close to I reckon (under 1500 left on ticketmaster as of this afternoon)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post

Not sure what to make of this.
    Great, yet being reserved. The support ship has not sunk.
    TFC is back to business with rebuild direction and announcements; on track with some immediate ROI.
    The bleeding seems to have been stemmed and the wound has healed.
    The patient is back to the condition they were in before being admitted.
    Hopefully they can move past and get the Club into better shape; more than just a pre-decline difference of SSH@1000 support.
    At this point, all of this is a recapture of lost customers/previous business.
    Lets see if TFC/MLSE are able to further capitalize and move the needle to the next level; SSH@25000.
    Y07-SSH@14000; https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/tor...ckets-1.670654
    Y16-SSH@18700; https://www.cp24.com/sports/toronto-...-cup-1.3188794
    Y17-SSH@21000; http://now.com/2017/05/24/toronto-fc-joins-leafs-raptors-in-selling-out-season-ticket-supply/

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-02-2022 at 06:08 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not the thread for roster discussion, note the title includes "no transfer/roster discussion," off-topic posts have been deleted. leedsandTFC please note which thread you are posting in, please.

Laryea should be discussed in the roster thread: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...scussion/page2

Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-02-2022 at 10:28 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 final in June and 2022 final in July. Is Bob Bradley about to win two titles in two months?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which final winner determines a CL spot?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Which final winner determines a CL spot?
    The second one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    2020 final in June and 2022 final in July. Is Bob Bradley about to win two titles in two months?

I guess technically a quadruple is on the table this year then?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I guess technically a quadruple is on the table this year then?
    No, if TFC wins it will count towards 2020, not 2022.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Not sure what to make of this.
    Great, yet being reserved. The support ship has not sunk.
    TFC is back to business with rebuild direction and announcements; on track with some immediate ROI.
    The bleeding seems to have been stemmed and the wound has healed.
    The patient is back to the condition they were in before being admitted.
    Hopefully they can move past and get the Club into better shape; more than just a pre-decline difference of SSH@1000 support.
    At this point, all of this is a recapture of lost customers/previous business.
    Lets see if TFC/MLSE are able to further capitalize and move the needle to the next level; SSH@25000.
    Y07-SSH@14000; https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/tor...ckets-1.670654
    Y16-SSH@18700; https://www.cp24.com/sports/toronto-...-cup-1.3188794
    Y17-SSH@21000; http://now.com/2017/05/24/toronto-fc-joins-leafs-raptors-in-selling-out-season-ticket-supply/
    Following quotes are from another thread... MLS Match Day 2...

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Very limited tickets remaining on Ticketmaster, will be close to a sell out.
    Should be 25k+ min, weather permitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Will not really know until once in the stands and we can eye ball things. TFC has been known in the past to play games with scarcity, making it appear there is more demand than there actually is. They never like it to look like there is a flood of tickets out there. As some have said with the much higher priced tickets these days MLSE appears to prioritize profit over attendance. Regardless it will be great to be back at BMO with more voices in the stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Are you saying they are withholding tickets from public sale to make it appear like there are more available?
    More likely people are excited to see a new coach, new team
    As of a couple weeks ago, was up to 22k+ SSH for the season, including all the most expensive seats sold, per bill manning btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/8656822/t...r-crowd-covid/
    Manning says he's expecting 23k+ to be in attendance.
    Once again, still not sure what to make of some of these more recent SSH/attendance numbers referenced in the latest Global article against earlier ones.
    I guess they jive more or less.
    Laying them out for anyone to scrutinize, comment, correct...
    Y18-SSH@23,000
    Y22-SSH@23,000; a Manning Expectation?
    The sold or committed are @22,000+; with a possible Manning embellishment of 1,000SSH since @21,000SSH is mentioned later in article as well.
    Manning is projecting next game attendance @23,000/24,000, but then that's not much of a 'casuals' game day bump; 2,000 to 3,000 people.
    Is it?
    Many under 10,000 attendance games last season.
    Obviously due to Covid, but I suspect also in part attributable to performance and the TFC/MLSE SSH deferral initiative.
    Apparently 80% SSH engaged their deferral initiative; so a 20% SSH loss; of or from which base number?
    If, as stated, there is a couple of thousand- 2,000SSH new members then 21,000SSH - 2,000SSH = 19,000SSH.
    Then 19,000SSH possibly represented the 90% of the pre-Covid retention?
    Therefore, it suggests a possible loss of 4,000SSH over the course of Y19, Y20 and Y21 seasons?
    Is my assessment, are my numbers, is my math, right?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-03-2022 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's an article up on The Athletic surveying MLS GMs. Some interesting stuff about cheating and working around the cap.
    The manner in which teams violate the rules vary, the CSOs said. Many pointed to creative ways to pay agent fees as the most common way to spend outside the cap. CSOs said teams will pay consulting and scouting contracts, marketing arrangements or schedule friendlies with teams to hide payments.

“The trick that a lot of the teams will try and use is that they enter into scouting agreements with agents,” one CSO said. “That’s the way they take 10 percent off. If you’re running a budget, say you even just take the salary cap, which is whatever, $5 million, 10 percent of that is $500k, which is a player. I’d say there’s a handful that are still doing that. It’s certainly a real struggle for us. Because we are faced with this every time we look to sign a player from abroad, we just get told the same thing: ‘Hey, we’re just going to do a scouting agreement, it’s what we do with a bunch of other clubs.’ That is something we face quite a lot. And 10 percent across all the players add up quickly.”

One CSO provided a recent example.

“We were talking to an MLS free agent this offseason that we didn’t end up signing,” he said. “But part of those conversations were literally his agents being like, ‘Oh, yeah, well just pay us the agent fee through the MLS Next Pro team. That’s what we do.’ So when we presented an offer, it had a marketing agreement but not an agent fee. Generally speaking, you look at the marketing agreement, the agent fee comes out of that. That gets paid to the agency. That’s above board, that’s the way it works. And they responded and we’re like, ‘OK, we could agree to this and then, you know, have our 10 percent net agent fee on top of it.’ And we were like, ‘What the fuck are you talking about? That’s the marketing agreement, that’s literally where that comes from.’ And they were so confused. They didn’t know that the agent fee was included in that. So it’s like, ‘OK, hmmm, wonder what his previous team was doing.’”

One CSO said finding ways to pay comparable agent fees to leagues around the rest of the world is a sign of MLS rules simply falling behind.
    It's a very deep dive. This is just an excerpt of one of the topics.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 03-03-2022 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No, if TFC wins it will count towards 2020, not 2022.

I realize that. I was just being facetious

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I realize that. I was just being facetious
    Me too I knew you knew (hence the grinning smiley). Fun all around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    There's an article up on The Athletic surveying MLS GMs. Some interesting stuff about cheating and working around the cap.

For those of us who don't want to subscribe for one article. can you fill us in on other TFC content? I noticed in the google news teaser there's something about Michael Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of us who don't want to subscribe for one article. can you fill us in on other TFC content? I noticed in the google news teaser there's something about Michael Bradley.
    There was a question about the current MLS player most likely to be a manager and he won that poll in a landslide

Edit: oh yea Bob and Insigne were on the list for best offseason signing and Insigne was on the best player in the league list.

Wasn't a lot of TFC specific stuff bar that bit on Bradley. TFC were voted one of the ownership groups that fully support the team financially but were also on a list for not getting bang for their buck. Rutty was second place in the poll for most likely to be sold to Europe this year after Taty. That was about it I think
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 03-04-2022 at 12:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they mentioned what seems to be a common method at TFC/MLSE: have aging veterans on very low contracts (or alternately getting a high-pay contract off the books), and the guys then (supposedly) work in some other roll with the club after they retire as players. TFC has had some players that really worked after retirement (like Danny Dichio), plus others where it seemed suspect (like Frings and Cheyrou).

Plus there's TFC's latest gimmick: trading for another team's one off-season buy-out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a question about the current MLS player most likely to be a manager and he won that poll in a landslide

Edit: oh yea Bob and Insigne were on the list for best offseason signing and Insigne was on the best player in the league list.

Wasn't a lot of TFC specific stuff bar that bit on Bradley. TFC were voted one of the ownership groups that fully support the team financially but were also on a list for not getting bang for their buck. Rutty was second place in the poll for most likely to be sold to Europe this year after Taty. That was about it I think
    Cheers dude, appreciated.

MB is an interesting cat, no doubt. There was a fan poll one year involving USMNT members and he was voted both most popular and least popular at the same time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best player on the pitch today was Luca not sure if that's a good thing or bad...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the match currently on going between Austin & Miami - towards the end of the 1st half - where Miami made a fairly simple clearance in their own goal, the ESPN colour guy was saying that one of the Man United defenders needed to watch that play, as in the derby today, that defender looked like a fool on one of the Man City goals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Me too I knew you knew (hence the grinning smiley). Fun all around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

This is probably the feel good story of the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This article gives us some perspective on how we don't see what happens to most academy players. This former academy player has 11 goals and five assists this season in England's League One.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...ict/ar-AAUVkDb

It appears we released him, based on the fact that he was playing in the semi-pro Nationwide League, at Solihull Moors, after TFC Academy and picked up from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This article gives us some perspective on how we don't see what happens to most academy players. This former academy player has 11 goals and five assists this season in England's League One.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...ict/ar-AAUVkDb

It appears we released him, based on the fact that he was playing in the semi-pro Nationwide League, at Solihull Moors, after TFC Academy and picked up from there.
    I've read about him before. He moved here with his family, then ended up going back to school in the UK. I don't think he was released, it was just his parents moving here then back for work.

Edit: Yup seems like that was it
    "I started out with Chelsea and was there until I was 15, then my family moved to Canada and I was part of the Academy at Toronto FC.
    "Then, when we moved back, I studied civil engineering at Loughborough University before the opportunity arose to join Solihull and play in the National League and it was something I couldn't turn down."
    https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11685/11232193/west-ham-sign-oladapo-afolayan-from-solihull-moors
    Last edited by rydermike; 03-12-2022 at 11:07 AM.