Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Why does everyone get up in arms about spying? There should be more of it, in fact we should be #1 in that department.

If you're not spying on other teams tactics then you don't not want to win.
    Because...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has partnered with "nextdoor", a community engagement app owned by Facebook.

It appears to be another heavily capitalized app that produces nothing, does nothing new and has terrible reviews from users on line.

But hey... it makes apps for people that connect synergies to real world outcomes, or some similar bullshit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    TFC has partnered with "nextdoor", a community engagement app owned by Facebook.

It appears to be another heavily capitalized app that produces nothing, does nothing new and has terrible reviews from users on line.

But hey... it makes apps for people that connect synergies to real world outcomes, or some similar bullshit.

Big corporations like MLSE are prime candidates (read suckers) for applications like that because they are generally clueless about what really engages people and the sales pitch sound plausible.

In reality, Facebook has been largely abandoned by the prime under 40 market, so it's a dumb idea to focus there anyways, especially when you're dealing with a largely gate-driven league like MLS.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 'beautiful' of 'The Beautiful Game'...

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-22-2022 at 01:29 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next door is a great thing if you are a 68 year old white woman living in a gated community in the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea, Osorio, and Kaye all (unsurprisingly) called up to the national team camp. Well, I guess the only real surprise is that it means Osorio is healthy enough. Granted, Herdman has called up injured players who couldn't play (ie. Cavallini) before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

La Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting that Insigne's wife has lost the baby and that he will be away from the team indefinitely:

https://football-italia.net/insigne-...amily-tragedy/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has begun...
    A UEFA Champions League Finale in the USA before World Cup 26?
    FIFA with a 'strategic push' through this confederation to propel the popularity of 'world football' in North America.
    While throwing MLS a bone.

https://www.givemesport.com/88060700...dical-proposal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC United DP Fountas might or might not have made a racist comment in yesterdays game vs Miami..gotta be thankful this kind of stuff is not happening here..brand new DP that they brought a few months ago and now they have to deal with this situation and he might be gone if its proven that he did say that

https://twitter.com/dcunited/status/1571937252275621888

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dc-un...is-damion-lowe

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y-phil-neville

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    DC United DP Fountas might or might not have made a racist comment in yesterdays game vs Miami..gotta be thankful this kind of stuff is not happening here..brand new DP that they brought a few months ago and now they have to deal with this situation and he might be gone if its proven that he did say that

https://twitter.com/dcunited/status/1571937252275621888

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dc-un...is-damion-lowe

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y-phil-neville
    Oh shit, what an idiot. That guy was burning MLS up, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to say that watching the video of those “red carpet” balls to Huguain that are powering Miami’s playoff qualification run are giving me a lot of pleasure. I couldn’t give a shit about Miami but it’s good to see Poz in a good situation and back to his old and brilliant self. Here this season, he was wasted and far too often I was embarrassed for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garber must have wood at the prospect:
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-new-super-cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't subscribe to the athletic, but they released this

Why Jozy Altidore left Toronto FC: ‘Certain individuals were treating young players wrong way’
    https://theathletic.com/3612924/2022...-exit-reasons/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh....nothing to do with him not being worth his salary anymore...

Like, I see what Jozy is saying but he didn't leave Toronto because of the youth.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I don't subscribe to the athletic, but they released this

Why Jozy Altidore left Toronto FC: ‘Certain individuals were treating young players wrong way’
    https://theathletic.com/3612924/2022...-exit-reasons/

When Jozy Altidore’s seven-year tenure with Toronto FC came to an unceremonious end this past winter, questions swirled about the veteran striker’s tumultuous final season with the club.

The end of his time in Toronto was controversial and laced with internal disagreements. Altidore was separated from first-team activities in May of 2021 by then head coach Chris Armas and general manager Ali Curtis following a reported on-field dispute with Armas. Despite being brought back into the fold after Armas was fired last July, Altidore went on to leave Toronto in February, signing with the New England Revolution after a contract buyout.

In an exclusive interview with The Athletic published Wednesday, the 32-year-old former USMNT star provided new insight into how and why the relationship with his longtime club became fractured.

Altidore said his remarks to Armas at the time stemmed from “certain individuals who were treating young players in the wrong way,” and understood that confronting said individuals would carry its own repercussions.

“I’m not going to watch those things, especially when these kids try and give their everything,” he added. “They come with the right attitude. They may not always do the right thing. They may not always make the right pass or tackle, but the intention, the right intent is there. And so I just recognized that.

“I had to say something. At the end of the day I don’t regret it,” he says. “We did so many special things together, but there comes a point in this game and in anything in life, when you’re young you kind of have to just eat it. But sometimes when you see something that’s not right for the young players and it’s not fair, you’re at that point when you have to do it. And if you don’t do it, what example do you set for them? I understand that you have to pay your dues, but wrong is wrong.”

Altidore didn’t elaborate when asked whether said individuals were part of Armas’ staff or first-team players.

“I don’t want to mess with anyone like that,” he said. “I love Toronto. It’s my heart of a club. S— happens, that’s all you can say. And I’ll just leave it there.”

Altidore joined Liga MX’s Puebla on loan this summer after his move to New England and a reunion with former international manager, Bruce Arena, didn’t work out as he had hoped. In a reserve role for Puebla, he has scored two goals in six games so far this season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    When Jozy Altidore’s seven-year tenure with Toronto FC came to an unceremonious end this past winter, questions swirled about the veteran striker’s tumultuous final season with the club.

The end of his time in Toronto was controversial and laced with internal disagreements. Altidore was separated from first-team activities in May of 2021 by then head coach Chris Armas and general manager Ali Curtis following a reported on-field dispute with Armas. Despite being brought back into the fold after Armas was fired last July, Altidore went on to leave Toronto in February, signing with the New England Revolution after a contract buyout.

In an exclusive interview with The Athletic published Wednesday, the 32-year-old former USMNT star provided new insight into how and why the relationship with his longtime club became fractured.

Altidore said his remarks to Armas at the time stemmed from “certain individuals who were treating young players in the wrong way,” and understood that confronting said individuals would carry its own repercussions.

“I’m not going to watch those things, especially when these kids try and give their everything,” he added. “They come with the right attitude. They may not always do the right thing. They may not always make the right pass or tackle, but the intention, the right intent is there. And so I just recognized that.

“I had to say something. At the end of the day I don’t regret it,” he says. “We did so many special things together, but there comes a point in this game and in anything in life, when you’re young you kind of have to just eat it. But sometimes when you see something that’s not right for the young players and it’s not fair, you’re at that point when you have to do it. And if you don’t do it, what example do you set for them? I understand that you have to pay your dues, but wrong is wrong.”

Altidore didn’t elaborate when asked whether said individuals were part of Armas’ staff or first-team players.

“I don’t want to mess with anyone like that,” he said. “I love Toronto. It’s my heart of a club. S— happens, that’s all you can say. And I’ll just leave it there.”

Altidore joined Liga MX’s Puebla on loan this summer after his move to New England and a reunion with former international manager, Bruce Arena, didn’t work out as he had hoped. In a reserve role for Puebla, he has scored two goals in six games so far this season.
    Michael Bradley must of noticed kids being treated the wrong way, as captain why didn’t he step up, hanging Jozy out like that is not good. Just another instance that can I add to my displeasure if Michael Bradley , on field underwhelming, off field in it for himself. My God how the Bradley’s are making a mess of our club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to know how, from that bolded section, some people here are coming to the conclusion Jozy had a problem with Michael Bradley. Clearly he had a problem with Armas and Curtis. Some of the talk about Michael and his character is absolutely BS (like the post above for example).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'd love to know how, from that bolded section, some people here are coming to the conclusion Jozy had a problem with Michael Bradley. Clearly he had a problem with Armas and Curtis. Some of the talk about Michael and his character is absolutely BS (like the post above for example).
    Unfortunately there a lot of false narratives being pushed by people on this site, which is fine as long as they are treated as narratives and not truth. For all we know the Bradley’s have done everything right and have been fighting an uphill battle inside an institution that has been obviously flawed since it started. That may not be the truth either, but my point is no one actually knows what’s going on and there is a lot of reductive reasoning taking place regarding the club’s circumstances and happenings. (Myself included.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Unfortunately there a lot of false narratives being pushed by people on this site, which is fine as long as they are treated as narratives and not truth. For all we know the Bradley’s have done everything right and have been fighting an uphill battle inside an institution that has been obviously flawed since it started. That may not be the truth either, but my point is no one actually knows what’s going on and there is a lot of reductive reasoning taking place regarding the club’s circumstances and happenings. (Myself included.)
    I agree, we don't know everything. But the conclusion that Jozy's problem was with Michael Bradley flies in the face of every known fact we have about what happened.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not trying to throw Bradley's intentions or Character into question. However when you see the other section where he says they did so many special things. Was he talking about an individual or the team? Because if it's an individual then he didn't have a long record with Armas or Soteldo at that point.

Someone has mentioned maybe in game threads or other posts that they have seen Insigne and I'm sure a few of the other guys talking to the youth and giving them instructions and such while on the field. I don't know that I can recall a time where I have seen our captain doing the same thing though?

Again i'm not saying that Jozy's issue was with MB, we have no idea who it's with and we may never know the real facts..also we are only hearing one side of the story and as the saying goes there are always 3 sides to a story.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely don't believe Jozy 100%. He has enough of his own issues, and he will frame things a certain way. But we know things were crap last year especially, so I'm not going to 100% dismiss this knee-jerk either, as many people will do, incl. a bunch of extra digs at Jozy (at least partially deserved).

My actual concern is that TFC didn't really clean house, or take a brand new path. Individuals can be doing their very best, but still things can become stale, fractured, or poisoned -- and it can be extremely difficult for people (especially type-a's) to fully see their own roles in such an environment. I'm worried we're going to continue to see simmering issues through the winter and next season.

BUT it is what it is. I'll support the team as best I can. The proof will be in the players they bring in (and jettison); in how all the off-season and pre-season activities go; and in how roles change in the club on the field next season (or not). I'll make a mental note of this, but I'm not going to get all worked up either, or start freaking out at others here on the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I definitely don't believe Jozy 100%. He has enough of his own issues, and he will frame things a certain way. But we know things were crap last year especially, so I'm not going to 100% dismiss this knee-jerk either, as many people will do, incl. a bunch of extra digs at Jozy (at least partially deserved).

My actual concern is that TFC didn't really clean house, or take a brand new path. Individuals can be doing their very best, but still things can become stale, fractured, or poisoned -- and it can be extremely difficult for people (especially type-a's) to fully see their own roles in such an environment. I'm worried we're going to continue to see simmering issues through the winter and next season.

BUT it is what it is. I'll support the team as best I can. The proof will be in the players they bring in (and jettison); in how all the off-season and pre-season activities go; and in how roles change in the club on the field next season (or not). I'll make a mental note of this, but I'm not going to get all worked up either, or start freaking out at others here on the board.
    I elaborated on this in the roster thread, but I think it's easy to forget that Chris Armas was a Bob Bradley coaching disciple and is very close with the family.

A lot of what occurred early last year -- play the kids, press high, prove they can be brought up to speed -- was simply repeated this year with the veneer of a more successful coach.

It didn't work last year, it wasn't going to work this year. It wasn't just the coach, it was the entire daft concept.

What we just got was basically Armas redux, and the results -- and clearly, locker room issues -- show for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone of the view that the glory days of 2016 to 2020, when we considered TFC to be an elite MLS club, are long gone and we are back to the same dysfunction and incompetence that was in place before Lieweke arrived? Except this time there doesn't appear to be another Lieweke on the horizon to save us. If Manning leaves then what next?

Our track record in hiring executives, managers and coaches has been hit and miss, but with a lot more misses then hits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I elaborated on this in the roster thread, but I think it's easy to forget that Chris Armas was a Bob Bradley coaching disciple and is very close with the family.

A lot of what occurred early last year -- play the kids, press high, prove they can be brought up to speed -- was simply repeated this year with the veneer of a more successful coach.

It didn't work last year, it wasn't going to work this year. It wasn't just the coach, it was the entire daft concept.

What we just got was basically Armas redux, and the results -- and clearly, locker room issues -- show for it.
    That’s an interesting take on it.

It crossed my mind this isn’t just about the coaches (in some ways at least). Over the years I’ve seen our young players take a lot of shit from their teammates and often be ignored as an option on the field.

The coaching staff needs to make it clear that cannot be tolerated. And the coaching staff (first team and TFC 2) needs to take more responsibility for the preparedness of these players. If one guy goes on and isn’t ready, so be it (it can happen). But we have seen it happen over and over and over again. Looks really poor on management as much as anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Anyone of the view that the glory days of 2016 to 2020, when we considered TFC to be an elite MLS club, are long gone and we are back to the same dysfunction and incompetence that was in place before Lieweke arrived? Except this time there doesn't appear to be another Lieweke on the horizon to save us. If Manning leaves then what next?

Our track record in hiring executives, managers and coaches has been hit and miss, but with a lot more misses then hits.
    I would have said the same thing about the raptors until we found out what Masai was capable of.

The issue is, I would bet dollars to donuts our board is clueless when it comes to soccer and with Larry being in the real estate business (which is heavily relationships based) he probably leans on Garber and Co to make a recommendation or two. So we get steered towards retreads like Manning rather than real rising stars or the best established options.

Seattle stole Lagerwey from RSL. We should just take someone else’s successful President / GM rather than be polite about it. We have an attractive franchise to run here. The keys are just sitting with the wrong people.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-22-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    There were some guys who were let go by Bob solely based on their locker room presence and training ground attitude. Kemar Lawrence was an old Red Bull colleague of Armas and just arrived at the start of May. We've all seen how toxic Red Bull culture is

Auro, who was linked to being a Soteldo guy, was another one let go this year based on attitude. We've also seen how quickly Soteldo's toxic behaviour can impact a club - not just with us, but in Liga MX also.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 09-22-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were some guys who were let go by Bob solely based on their locker room presence and training ground attitude. Kemar Lawrence was an old Red Bull colleague of Armas and just arrived at the start of May. We've all seen how toxic Red Bull culture is

Auro, who was linked to being a Soteldo guy, was another one let go this year based on attitude. We've also seen how quickly Soteldo's toxic behaviour can impact a club - not just with us, but in Liga MX also.
    The difference being who's in charge. With Curtis still here, we just kept playing him, as he cost $6M. In Mexico, they benched his ass, then suspended his ass, then shipped his ass back to Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    It has begun...
    A UEFA Champions League Finale in the USA before World Cup 26?
    FIFA with a 'strategic push' through this confederation to propel the popularity of 'world football' in North America.
    While throwing MLS a bone.

https://www.givemesport.com/88060700...dical-proposal
    Garber must have wood at the prospect:
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-new-super-cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems Herdman thinks more of one of our centre backs than our manager (or some on this board). I think he might have been at least useful if he’d started a few matches.

“Herdman wanted Henry to be part of the camp “to keep him close to this team.”

“He’s been a big presence in the dressing room. He’s a real leader of men.””

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, we so badly need a win, just for the pysche...