Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 748
  1. #571
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    5,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you guys seen the latest All for One about Bernadeshci?

    It's interesting that he doesn't seem to have any compunctions about showing everyone where he lives.

  2. #572
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,410
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Have you guys seen the latest All for One about Bernadeshci?

    It's interesting that he doesn't seem to have any compunctions about showing everyone where he lives.
    I was a bit surprised by that on the DAZN documentary but the worst thing about it was the state of his street. What a look to show around the world. A beaten up, pot-holed, half-assed patchwork of different colored asphalt while his kid rides his wee car over it.

  3. #573
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Im guessing that the MLS end of year awards must have a nominee from every team, because Bono is nominated for keeper of the year. Either that or Ive woken up in a different dimension today!?

  4. #574
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Im guessing that the MLS end of year awards must have a nominee from every team, because Bono is nominated for keeper of the year. Either that or Ive woken up in a different dimension today!?
    Yeah, every team gets one or more players nominated for every award:

    TFC Nominees:

    MLS MVP: Michael Bradley & Jonathan Osorio
    Keeper: Alex Bono
    Defender: Shane O'Neil
    Newcomer: Lorenzo Insigne & Federico Bernardeschi
    Young Player: Jayden Nelson & Kosi Thompson
    Comeback Player: Ayo Akinola
    Humanitarian: Lukas MacNaughton
    Coach: Bob Bradley

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/major...of-year-awards

  5. #575
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,205
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFC keeper of the year has to be Ranjitsigh. He never cost us a game.
    What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

  6. #576
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    TFC keeper of the year has to be Ranjitsigh. He never cost us a game.




  7. #577
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    3,122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I was a bit surprised by that on the DAZN documentary but the worst thing about it was the state of his street. What a look to show around the world. A beaten up, pot-holed, half-assed patchwork of different colored asphalt while his kid rides his wee car over it.
    Sorry, but as someone working in municipal asset management I have to take umbrage with this.
    Our municipalities only have a certain amount of money and it's definitely not enough to keep the roads in pristine condition, especially when that same budget envelope has to provide money for building/maintaining water/sewer pipes, libraries, fire halls, police vehicles, traffic signals, recreation centres, and sports fields (just to name a few). Unless you want your taxes to raise even more each year, we have to decide where to prioritize funding and those funds allocated to road are better spent on arterial roads that see thousands of vehicles per day rather than local roads that see a couple of hundred cars per day at best.
    Again, sorry for kvetching but that's really a sore spot for us.

  8. #578
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Drew Moor retiring at the end of this season - his last game in Colorado was this afternoon.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-01-2022 at 04:53 PM.

  9. #579
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Kickass!
    Posts
    5,414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Drew Moor retiring at the end of this season - his last game in Colorado was this afternoon.
    No surprise, given he played the bulk of his MLS carer with the Rapids!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

  10. #580
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    18,319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Drew Moor retiring at the end of this season - his last game in Colorado was this afternoon.
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...95#post1971995


  11. #581
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do MLS players have a work ethic/maturity problem?

    Are they too comfortable in their roles with so much league parity?

    The Lens coach Franck Haise mentioned the other day that Adam Buksa is still not fit enough to start after nearly three months in France. "For Adam, it's first and foremost a question of time. It's obvious after 3 months of absence, arriving at our club with our way of working, our intensity in training which is very far from that of his club in MLS"

    Couple this with the heat Hernan Losada took for "overworking" players in DC and I wonder if -- and maybe it's travel related -- the standards of fitness and work ethic just lag in this league. We have players like Chiellini and Higuain saying the league has as much talent as the big leagues but that the tactics and discipline are lacking; then Bernie said similar in his interviews with Italian media.

    I do wonder if maybe freeing up more high-end salary money next year -- an extra DP, more TAM -- might be good for helping younger players realize just how much more is required to be a top player.

  12. #582
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Do MLS players have a work ethic/maturity problem?

    Are they too comfortable in their roles with so much league parity?

    The Lens coach Franck Haise mentioned the other day that Adam Buksa is still not fit enough to start after nearly three months in France. " For Adam, it's first and foremost a question of time. It's obvious after 3 months of absence, arriving at our club with our way of working, our intensity in training which is very far from that of his club in MLS"

    Couple this with the heat Hernan Losada took for "overworking" players in DC and I wonder if -- and maybe it's travel related -- the standards of fitness and work ethic just lag in this league. We have players like Chiellini and Higuain saying the league has as much talent as the big leagues but that the tactics and discipline are lacking; then Bernie said similar in his interviews with Italian media.

    I do wonder if maybe freeing up more high-end salary money next year -- an extra DP, more TAM -- might be good for helping younger players realize just how much more is required to be a top player.
    I would say MLS players have 20% less time in training because of the travel compared to European teams. Until the league splits most players will continue to lag behind in development.

  13. #583
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,823
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Do MLS players have a work ethic/maturity problem?

    Are they too comfortable in their roles with so much league parity?

    The Lens coach Franck Haise mentioned the other day that Adam Buksa is still not fit enough to start after nearly three months in France. "For Adam, it's first and foremost a question of time. It's obvious after 3 months of absence, arriving at our club with our way of working, our intensity in training which is very far from that of his club in MLS"

    Couple this with the heat Hernan Losada took for "overworking" players in DC and I wonder if -- and maybe it's travel related -- the standards of fitness and work ethic just lag in this league. We have players like Chiellini and Higuain saying the league has as much talent as the big leagues but that the tactics and discipline are lacking; then Bernie said similar in his interviews with Italian media.

    I do wonder if maybe freeing up more high-end salary money next year -- an extra DP, more TAM -- might be good for helping younger players realize just how much more is required to be a top player.
    Tactics, no question we are behind. We just dont have the culture here yet.

    Fitness? I think we have it and train for it. My best guess: what Buksas coach is describing is a result of not having enough strong competition. Guys raise their level to those around them, all else equal.

  14. #584
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Buksa also played for NER...for an old school MLS manager.

  15. #585
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    5,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Do MLS players have a work ethic/maturity problem?

    Are they too comfortable in their roles with so much league parity?

    The Lens coach Franck Haise mentioned the other day that Adam Buksa is still not fit enough to start after nearly three months in France. "For Adam, it's first and foremost a question of time. It's obvious after 3 months of absence, arriving at our club with our way of working, our intensity in training which is very far from that of his club in MLS"

    Couple this with the heat Hernan Losada took for "overworking" players in DC and I wonder if -- and maybe it's travel related -- the standards of fitness and work ethic just lag in this league. We have players like Chiellini and Higuain saying the league has as much talent as the big leagues but that the tactics and discipline are lacking; then Bernie said similar in his interviews with Italian media.

    I do wonder if maybe freeing up more high-end salary money next year -- an extra DP, more TAM -- might be good for helping younger players realize just how much more is required to be a top player.
    I think this could very much be it. It's hard to have gruelling workout sessions for the players when they're sometimes flying back and forth across a large continent in a week. You might also argue they overdo it a bit in Europe and take it too seriously ...

  16. #586
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know this isn't MLS related but I just had to post this.

    One of the wildest finishes and atmosphere I've seen in a football match.



    K-League has got some really great announcers. Wish we had the same excitement over here in the West.

  17. #587
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Football is Life

  18. #588
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I know this isn't MLS related but I just had to post this.

    One of the wildest finishes and atmosphere I've seen in a football match.



    K-League has got some really great announcers. Wish we had the same excitement over here in the West.
    Crazy town. The announcers remind me of Ray Hudson in Miami.

    My limited number of Korean friends and associates over the years sort of fits with this though, very far removed from the old stereotypes about southeast Asian nations being stoic. Very passionate fans.

    The NA sports pro scene is so large and fractured. I wish we had more hardcore support, I really do. It's difficult sometimes to watch pretty much any team in England or Germany's first three divisions fill all or most of their stadium and have EVERYONE singing, new songs for opposing players every game etc.

    So much of that is unfortunately due to the media. I was in newspapers for 25 years and in that time, would say 80% of the sports reporters I talked to, at a minimum had a clear bias AGAINST football.

    I'd point out that Edmonton and Toronto's early pro teams routinely drew more than 10,000 to shitty old stadiums when there was no cable and no competition with US pro sports. They'd say "but those leagues failed." I'd point out that the Canadian franchises had nothing to do with them failing. They'd say "but those leagues failed", scrub, rinse, repeat.

    Cause and effect rarely played any deep part in their analysis of why they thought 16 hockey stories a day was the minimum and football should be relegated to the agate scores section.
    Last edited by jloome; 10-08-2022 at 12:16 PM.

  19. #589
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Porter out at CBus.

    No, we don't want him

  20. #590
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Porter out at CBus.

    No, we don't want him

    From the Dispatch article:
    "But on the final day of the regular season, the ugly trend that Porter couldn't solve reared its head one more time. Orlando scored the tying goal in the 56th minute, shortly after broadcast cameras captured Porter encouraging his team to slow down the tempo of the game, and they scored the winning goal in the 84th minute — the 17th goal the Crew allowed after the 75th minute this season."

    Eek. Could be coincidence but it sounds like he was too conservative all year. Fewest losses in the league and they still don't make the playoffs due to all the late draws.

  21. #591
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the great bezbatchenko now has one mls cup with columbus but also missed playoffs in three of the last four years...arena savarese schmetzer vermes also missed playoffs...fans have to realize how difficult this league is and be more patient instead of calling for the removal of a coach after a rebuild season

  22. #592
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    3,122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This was the last Power Rankings blurb for TFC this year:
    "A huge offseason begins in Toronto.
    #TFCLive coach Bob Bradley called this one of the most challenging seasons of his career.
    — steve buffery (@Beezersun) October 9, 2022"

    If BB is putting this season up there with his stint at Swansea, I'm not sure what that says about the Management, Supporter Engagement, and Player Management

  23. #593
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  24. #594
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Beaches Toronto
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This should be in a random section. But it's been bothering me for some time.

    But anyone else remember this, my son and I joke about the bizarreness of it all the time.
    Back in April there was a game with a big OLG tie-in, it was around the time when all the betting apps became available so OLG had to step up its game.
    Anyway there was a spin the wheel game at half-time with the TFC on field rah rah person. Normally prizes are a years supply of pasta, signed football, but he spun the wheel
    and won $450,000 other spots were like $800,000. Not much else was said about this he turned up won close to 1/2 million and wandered off.

    We wanted to know how he got picked and why no real fanfare. The prize went from here's a can of soup to 1/2 million and with not much difference in delivery.

    My son and I now think we imagined this since no remembers it and it is not mentioned anywhere.

    It was prob the new york game which we won so we might have been delirious.

    Anyone help?
    Last edited by CorrwgBach; 10-13-2022 at 09:21 AM.

  25. #595
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorrwgBach View Post
    This should be in a random section. But it's been bothering me for some time.

    But anyone else remember this, my son and I joke about the bizarreness of it all the time.
    Back in April there was a game with a big OLG tie-in, it was around the time when all the betting apps became available so OLG had to step up its game.
    Anyway there was a spin the wheel game at half-time with the TFC on field rah rah person. Normally prizes are a years supply of pasta, signed football, but he spun the wheel
    and won $450,000 other spots were like $800,000. Not much else was said about this he turned up won close to 1/2 million and wandered off.

    We wanted to know how he got picked and why no real fanfare. The prize went from here's a can of soup to 1/2 million and with not much difference in delivery.

    My son and I now think we imagined this since no remembers it and it is not mentioned anywhere.

    It was prob the new york game which we won so we might have been delirious.

    Anyone help?
    My friend and I have discussed this one multiple times too. It was so out of no where and an absurd amount of money to give away. Why did OLG think giving away $500k at a TFC game would be an effective use of money? It does raise some eyebrows to say the least...

  26. #596
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorrwgBach View Post
    This should be in a random section. But it's been bothering me for some time.

    But anyone else remember this, my son and I joke about the bizarreness of it all the time.
    Back in April there was a game with a big OLG tie-in, it was around the time when all the betting apps became available so OLG had to step up its game.
    Anyway there was a spin the wheel game at half-time with the TFC on field rah rah person. Normally prizes are a years supply of pasta, signed football, but he spun the wheel
    and won $450,000 other spots were like $800,000. Not much else was said about this he turned up won close to 1/2 million and wandered off.

    We wanted to know how he got picked and why no real fanfare. The prize went from here's a can of soup to 1/2 million and with not much difference in delivery.

    My son and I now think we imagined this since no remembers it and it is not mentioned anywhere.

    It was prob the new york game which we won so we might have been delirious.

    Anyone help?
    I don't remember this, but there was this thing -
    https://winners.olg.ca/en-ca/winners...y-y-07-06-2022
    It was $200,000 he won - but could've been more -- I don't see a date in the post, but the URL suggests it's later.

  27. #597
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't want to give anything away in this bizarro story of online pranking and MLS recruitment so I shall just post it and say

    THIS IS A MUST-READ (Not for scandalous or embarrassing reasons, it's just a great read.)

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...lexander-lopez
    Last edited by jloome; 10-13-2022 at 12:06 PM.

  28. #598
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That...was amazing...thanks for pointing it out

  29. #599
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MLSE hooked up Insigne and Criscito with Raptors tickets today. From Insigne's wife's Instagram it seemed like their kids had a great time at the game. Criscito's kids also got to take photos with some of the players. Hopefully this can help settle them and their families in. Good to see that they're still in the city rather than going back to Italy (even if they are contractually obligated to stay and practice).

    EDIT: Berna was also at the game and Siakam apparently had a Berna jersey on (or at least with him) during post game interviews.
    Last edited by noxx98; 10-20-2022 at 12:28 AM.

  30. #600
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    5,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    MLSE hooked up Insigne and Criscito with Raptors tickets today. From Insigne's wife's Instagram it seemed like their kids had a great time at the game. Criscito's kids also got to take photos with some of the players. Hopefully this can help settle them and their families in. Good to see that they're still in the city rather than going back to Italy (even if they are contractually obligated to stay and practice).

    EDIT: Berna was also at the game and Siakam apparently had a Berna jersey on (or at least with him) during post game interviews.
    Yeah, Siakam is always boosting TFC. It's nice to see.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •