Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least Shaff got the best young player award for the tournament. The only silver lining I can see from the result is that the Front Office has absolutely nothing they can present to the board when they go before them for their yearly performance appraisal. Here's to hoping MLSE board cleans house, otherwise I don't see much point in watching next year if the same Front Office is in place, because I have no faith that they can acquire the pieces that the new coach is going to ask for.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    If there was VAR that would have 100% been a penalty on Laryea at the end. But whatever, we are honestly better off without CCL next year.
    ^ This … exactly this. As much as it is fun, how can a team finish 2nd last qualify for Champions league. It was a false way to validate a season. TBH, I suspect how sick Jozy really was, I am certain in another time he would have tried to play. Although I believe both Jozy and Curtis should not be here in the same capacity next year. My gut says they will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    SILVER LINING: No claiming any sort of success from our woeful front office. Maybe this'll get rid of them that much sooner.
    When Manning and Curtis were front and centre at Morrow’s farewell I figured they know they are safe for next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Since June...since June...this has been the day the team has been peaking towards - planning towards - trying to get to see who could succeed together how on the pitch

Think about that

Sorry, Perez ain't good enough
    to be fair, those plans MIGHT have included Jozy and Poz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to agree. Unless he's being told he has to start Dwyer I wonder what the point was. What was the point of leaving Soteldo, if fit enough to play, until the 77 minute?

He seems an OK motivator, as he's at least gotten a few decent results out of them, but I see little tactical cleverness and his lineup and sub choices have been bizarre.

I think he's a good choice for an assistant coach and probably does great with youth players but he's not ready for prime time, at least not with this roster. Maybe nobody would be. If he had a season and player acquisitions, he might show better. But there's no spirit here today, very little fight. It's like most of them are going through the motions.
    Soteldo was hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allegedly Peruzza was offside but he clearly wasn't. Or he fouled his, which he clearly didn't, they were both grabbing at each other but minimally.
    Clear PEN there too - had to know it with Gantar. Still, hard to argue us not winning a trophy after this shit show of a season. I hope there is change staring at the top but wont hold my bra=eath for the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    What a mistake to not bring soteldo sooner or to even start him
    He's recovering from some kind of injury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    If there was VAR that would have 100% been a penalty on Laryea at the end. But whatever, we are honestly better off without CCL next year.
    Absolutely a penalty. But we didnt deserve it, really - not on the game on the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was fine to play so at the very least could have come on earlier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SILVER LINING: No claiming any sort of success from our woeful front office. Maybe this'll get rid of them that much sooner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    he was fine to play so at the very least could have come on earlier

Gotta say it

like wtf are we saving Soteldo for?!??!

I get a guy puking can't play but if Soteldo can dress, he can run 45 minutes, not just 13.

Jesus tap dancing on the head of pin, its the last game of the season with no camp until mid January

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gotta say it

like wtf are we saving Soteldo for?!??!

I get a guy puking can't play but if Soteldo can dress, he can run 45 minutes, not just 13.

Jesus tap dancing on the head of pin, its the last game of the season with no camp until mid January
    His first day back training with the team was like Thursday. But agreed needed Soteldo for longer. Even 30 minutes. Tell him to just stand in the middle of the park and play diagonals to the wings if he can’t run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can easily dub this the worst season in TFC history. Doesn’t matter how many injuries we had, this roster was still better than the 2012 season and man were we bad.

Thankfully the torture is over. Let the silly season fully start, at least there’s always a glimmer of hope with that unlike when we’re on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t watch the game but one thing that immediately stood out from the highlights was how often Dunn got burned. Not going to be a first team fixture anytime soon I’d guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey MLSE board, now that this successfull season has ended for TFC, I hope you won't forget the two fine gentlemen, who put strong shoulders all along the way in acquiring this success: Mannig and Curtis, and you will thank them with nice fat premium cheques for all their work.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Didn’t watch the game but one thing that immediately stood out from the highlights was how often Dunn got burned. Not going to be a first team fixture anytime soon I’d guess
    Considering the backline of Dunn, Bradley and Mavinga (who is good but needs a solid leader next to him), it's amazing Montreal only scored once. They won't make it far in CCL with that finishing. Bradley looked slower than normal today, or perhaps Montreal is just pretty fast. (On that note, Shaffelburg didn't look very fast today either.)

Anybody know what's up with Kemar Lawrence, was he injured? We missed him today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lawrence got injured with jamaica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how you can blame Perez. At least half this team is not good enough and should be gone.

Regarding Soteldo it's most likely that he is being transferred in January and want to minimize injury risk. Knowing our physio team that's probably the right call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't see how you can blame Perez. At least half this team is not good enough and should be gone.

Regarding Soteldo it's most likely that he is being transferred in January and want to minimize injury risk. Knowing our physio team that's probably the right call.
    Knowing our physio team, he'll show up in Sao Paulo with one foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't have watched this even if it was on a service that didn't suck. I had too much shame to even want a trophy after such a godforsaken year. They can go out just like they spent their season - as losers. And Manning and Curtis can keep eating shit. Their gross incompetence has ruined this football club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t have much to say, other than the team’s performance this year (including the shitty club management), is a disgrace for our club. Plain and simple. I am willing to accept mediocrity for some time with a proper house cleaning.
    Last edited by Thomas; 11-21-2021 at 08:06 PM.