Page 97 of 191 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post

Google Translate:

"Toronto has a debt with Soteldo in the region of 3 million dollars (R$ 16 million at the current price), the result of bonuses still signed at the signing of the contract. The Venezuelan will not give up this amount, and São Paulo refuses to incorporate the amount into the proposal.

The Brazilian club has a positive signal from Soteldo on the salary issue, although the athlete is suspicious of returning to the South American scene at this time, given the financial crisis experienced by Tricolor himself.

The high monthly salary, therefore, is still an impasse for negotiation, stopped in the last few days since the club's previous move.

As for Toronto, São Paulo awaits a response regarding the proposal made for 50% of the player's economic rights. The purchase is in the range of 2.5 million dollars (R$ 14 million, according to last Saturday's exchange rate)."
    That all has the ring of truth. Soteldo; São Paulo taking understandable positions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    There is actually something financially smart here… if we had to pay $15-20M to get Insigne from Napoli (thats $4-5 million per season) would be taxing. Now as a free transfer, the wages don’t look unreasonable.
    That's actually a great way to look at it. Pouelo makes $4.7 million per year on a 4 year deal (I think). He did come on a $10 million fee. So if you incorporate that and spread it out over the contract, that's $7.2 million per year, total cost, about the same as Giovinco made.

Insigne's contract amount has been all over the place, but let's say it's $13 million a year. If you pretend he came on a $12 million transfer fee, then it works out to $10 million a year with the extra being the transfer fee. That even happens in Europe, players get a bit of a higher salary if they come on a free, because teams didn't need to splash out 20/50/100M euros on a fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Wouldn’t Belotti require a contract of the same magnitude as Insigne’s? Maybe not a high but some kind of overpay. Especially now that the precedent has been set. I can’t see TFC doing that again.

I think Cavallini could actually be a solid centre forward depending on how BB wants to play. If he wants a physical guy who can score he could be great. No sure his Vancouver form is representative of what he can do.
    You might be right. But we have Peruzza/ Akinola/ Altidore right now. Is Lucas really an upgrade?

Personally I am happy to see any CMNT players on TFC, and as someone says above, it’s hard to believe we have the money to spend on Belotti - so Cavallini makes a certain sense. But.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You might be right. But we have Peruzza/ Akinola/ Altidore right now. Is Lucas really an upgrade?

Personally I am happy to see any CMNT players on TFC, and as someone says above, it’s hard to believe we have the money to spend on Belotti - so Cavallini makes a certain sense. But.
    I could get behind a one year TAM deal for Cavallini. He is buddies with Osorio, he is the player we need right now, and there is a pretty high upside. Without knowing the guy, I would think the deal makes sense for him as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that manning quickly did his own assessment from something like transfermarket. Otherwise he is just paying someone to do the same thing themselves.

I would love to know from the people bashing this approach to free agent availability on how else it would be done “professionally”.

Please enlighten us with your all astute knowledge on the matter. Because if I hear “scouting network” that just seems like a very expensive method with the same result…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

Definitely not on a full time Jozy but we know we’ll have at best a 50% Jozy. An upgrade on the others I’d say but not as a DP. I have no idea what he’s on although Vancouver are a bunch of cheapskates so can’t be too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    I like that manning quickly did his own assessment from something like transfermarket. Otherwise he is just paying someone to do the same thing themselves.

I would love to know from the people bashing this approach to free agent availability on how else it would be done “professionally”.

Please enlighten us with your all astute knowledge on the matter. Because if I hear “scouting network” that just seems like a very expensive method with the same result…
    I think it’s more the fact he actually said it in a press conference which I agree is a bit bush league, rather than actually using it as a tool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cav is on $1.3M. So if we took him on he'd use up nearly all the GAM we received for Richie. I'd much prefer we spend big on a DP level striker and use that GAM from the transfer of Richie and from Gonzalez leaving to solidify defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think it’s more the fact he actually said it in a press conference which I agree is a bit bush league, rather than actually using it as a tool.
    But did someone not post a few examples of big clubs claiming the exact same approach only a couple pages ago…. One of them was Barcelona. And a New York Times article calling it the de facto database for all clubs to leverage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    But did someone not post a few examples of big clubs claiming the exact same approach only a couple pages ago…. One of them was Barcelona. And a New York Times article calling it the de facto database for all clubs to leverage
    I thought the point was they make it about the player when they announce, not trawling the databases (which I’m sure they all do).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just be happy holy fuck….

We are still focusing on a database that all professional teams use and there are ones for every sports. But we all know better shake my head. Sometimes I don’t think we deserve nice things. Imagine we were owned by saputo or who ever owns the whitecaps or any other cheap team.
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 01-09-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Cav is on $1.3M. So if we took him on he'd use up nearly all the GAM we received for Richie. I'd much prefer we spend big on a DP level striker and use that GAM from the transfer of Richie and from Gonzalez leaving to solidify defence.
    Yeah I like the go big approach, just wondering how realistic it is that we shell out for two big contracts at once.
    Last edited by Canary10; 01-09-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

We are still focusing on a database that all professional teams use and there are ones for every sports. But we all know better shake my head. Sometimes I don’t think we deserve nice things. Imagine we were owned by saputo or who ever owns the whitecaps or any other cheap team.
    Everyone is happy. The comment strikes me as odd bit of overshare but whatever. Happy to drop it.

Of course I assess the move based on the fact I had him in my Euro fantasy team so what do I know?
    Last edited by Canary10; 01-09-2022 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am happy as holy fcuk.
    No longer a database hang-up; stated my piece.
    I have moved on. Now, just a timeline curiosity for me.
    Are you able to offer any insight as to a date when Destro and Criscito visited TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    TheGoodson, I have previously stated my faith in some of the information you have shared.
    You might be able to clarify something for me... if you know and are willing to share.
    Manning indicates he began his homework in September of last year. Can you tell me... when did Destro and Criscito visit?
    Cristico and Destro were here in the last international break so the end of November to tour the facilities

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t take what i said out of context, it is the difference on style and polish. Barcelona can make a statement like we used Transfermarket, and no one would question.

We are going to build a 5 year plan on Insigne as our center piece, that is what should be the driving point, yes. People are just reacting to the comment and wondering … was it Insigne or the type of player Insigne was or was it he was the best available Italian player coming off of contract found on Transfermarket. I genuinely think after the first meeting, it was all three. I do give Manning credit and he brought it over the line… so kudos. He is the Captain of Napoli for crying out loud!!! No one doubts the credentials and we are as happy as shit.

For Manning, we saw what happened when we bought in to an approach that we were going to be a pressing team, without the assets to support (look at Man U right now). I love that we have Insigne, I am really happy that BB was consulted (i sure hope he was) and I like that we are upgrading the team to the style of play that can be executed…. and yes we are spoiled and lucky that MLSE wants this.

What people are saying is try doing this at Sporting KC (no slag intended), its not going to happen. Truth is we have the financial backing to do this, it would have had a bigger air of authority if we said … we wanted Lorenzo and we got Lorenzo…. It has far more impact and puts fear into others that TFC has its football shit together and not just a ton of money. IMHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m beyond thrilled. This is a game changer and he is the kind of player - hard working and skilled - that I love.

I said my piece about Manning’s clanger a) because I was stunned at how bush league it was to say that and b) because a subtext to all of this is his redemption from the disaster that was Curtis and Armas. I understand why others thought it was a bad time to say that and will drop it.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-09-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=rydermike;1950986]That's not what my post was about at all. My post wasn't about Laryea or why he left. My post was about fans and how there are always casual fans, who are ignorant to the fact that players are human and the game is a business, and bash the team when a player leaves assuming that its a video game and there are no external factors and every player can just be kept.

Yes, of course, I understand. Thank you for the clarification. It was either not proper, or I was not clear enough in my attempt, to use your post in general as a related segue for pivot. By trying- ‘I will play along’- to be that ignorant casual fan, or even fanatic for that matter, who was not not understanding and bashing the team for the Laryea situation per se but sort of or actually Laryea himself.

Yes, it seems that there has not been a lot of fans not understanding why the player left in this case. That is a good thing. However, I am not sure if the casual, or even fanatic for that matter, understands or may be misjudging IMO Layrea's unnoticed, unsung, workhorse contribution and value to the team. I think TFC did understand; due to the nature of their rejected offer. I think once they realized his position was firm, he was accommodated. TFC was gentlemanly, there was no upside to be firm; publicity wise. Maybe, similar to the ‘inaction’ in the Altidore situation, now that it is understood he was getting married and likely on honeymoon.

Not having 'a Laryea' is a problem on the right.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-09-2022 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I love that Manning dropped the “bush” league comment because it shows he is honest and straight forward. The opposite of Curtis previously. I think that comes out when he meets/talks with players like Insigne and they appreciate the realism compared to the BS and snakey style they are used to in Europe.

I hope it leads to Belotti signing next!
    Last edited by Thrillos; 01-09-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to wait a few days to gather my thoughts. Maybe I will take it to the Manning thread, where it belongs. Or not.

I have learned something from the seemingly large number of people who don’t care about Manning's remarkable statement. They have a point. We'll see.

————-

Forza Insigne! but I am a bit worried for the guy… this is all out of balance, the $75M man. This is not normal pressure, it is multiples beyond what Giovinco faced, he will be a marked man on the pitch, the room will be tricky, injuries, and if he doesn’t start fast…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne just pulled his hamstring/groin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/andrewvisnovsky/...148305408?s=21

Indictment of our scouting and academy set-up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Insigne just pulled his hamstring/groin.
    Holy crap look at what I typed 30 seconds before you posted that. I take it back!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Holy crap look at what I typed 30 seconds before you posted that. I take it back!
    He carried on for another few minutes, but just got subbed off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to sound like Dr. Steven Caldwell, but Insigne was able to walk it off and attempt to continue, so might not be overly serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne just wants to make sure he's well rested for when he joins us in July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    He carried on for another few minutes, but just got subbed off.
    Yup, he pulled it literally as i just tuned into the game, likely around the 24th/25th minute match.

There was a brief mention of tfc on the broadcast just as he came off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    https://twitter.com/andrewvisnovsky/...148305408?s=21

Indictment of our scouting and academy set-up
    Someone at TFC/MLSE must have pissed in his corn flakes. He's been bad mouthing everything to do with them and Insigne for a week of so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make an excuse for him, this was an avoidable injury. Napoli played him the full 90 on Thursday after just coming back from missing a week due to COVID and then expected him to start again today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If everyone is doing it, how can the process be labelled "bush league"?
    Let us move on folks...

So what exactly are the monetary details (and their impact on TFC) of Laryea's transfer?