Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only CMNT players that could have a possibility in my mind would be:

GK Milan Borjan - Red Star
    CB Scott Kennedy - 2nd Bundesliga
    CB Doneil Henry - Korea
    CB Ricardo Ferreira - Unattached
    ST Lucas Cavallini - Whitecaps

With that, I doubt Kennedy would come seeing as his team has a shot at promotion to the Bundesliga and Ferreira has huge injury concerns and hasn't been under contract for a year. Henry, I'd rather not, plus he'd be thrugh the allocation order I believe (he was once before), and I'd rather not waste our high spot on him. It's basically Borjan, or Cavallini on a TAM if the Whitecaps want to be cheap and shed salary.
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-08-2022 at 08:09 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of us who don't regularly watch Serie A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was probably just talking about Ayo and here we are guessing half the CMNT roster. Honestly, if he could trade some GAM for Crepeau I'd be thrilled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    Estaquio
    No chance. He'll move to one of Portugal's big three or to a higher league in Europe. He probably would've moved to a higher team already, if he hadn't committed to Canada - I could imagine that working against him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its Borjan where the interest lies....no to Cavalinni or Henry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    The only CMNT players that could have a possibility in my mind would be:

GK Milan Borjan - Red Star
    CB Scott Kennedy - 2nd Bundesliga
    CB Doneil Henry - Korea
    CB Ricardo Ferreira - Unattached
    ST Lucas Cavallini - Whitecaps

With that, I doubt Kennedy would come seeing as his team has a shot at promotion to the Bundesliga and Ferreira has huge injury concerns and hasn't been under contract for a year. Henry, I'd rather not, plus he'd be thrugh the allocation order I believe (he was once before), and I'd rather not waste our high spot on him. It's basically Borjan, or Cavallini on a TAM if the Whitecaps want to be cheap and shed salary.
    Vitoria's deal is up this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bradley doesnt play a 433 pretty much all the time...last year played with a back 3 or 5 in half or most games...shaffelburg at left back in a back four would be very risky as hes weak defensively

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember Henry did that ominous remove the club from social media bio thing not long ago. I think there’s a decent chance he’s back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No chance. He'll move to one of Portugal's big three or to a higher league in Europe. He probably would've moved to a higher team already, if he hadn't committed to Canada - I could imagine that working against him
    He is a stud of a player that I’d love to see in Toronto. But like you said, he’ll move to a bigger European club soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

word is on the grapevine that Criscito and Belotti may have been in Toronto to discuss things. The source is iffy but if true...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Belotti and Bernardeschi.
    Let's get the gang back together!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Let's get the gang back together!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Vitoria's deal is up this summer.
    That could be a reasonable possibility, if he wants to play at home before retiring.

I didn't do my transfrmarkt scouting. I guess that's why I'm only a poster here and not getting paid the big bucks like Manning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Remember Henry did that ominous remove the club from social media bio thing not long ago. I think there’s a decent chance he’s back.
    I have always classified Henry as a guy with all the tools and no tool box. He can have some games where he is dominate. He just has way too many games where he throws out a stupid challenge and gives away a penalty or picks up cards for no reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't do my transfrmarkt scouting. I guess that's why I'm only a poster here and not getting paid the big bucks like Manning
    The jokes just write themselves...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I have always classified Henry as a guy with all the tools and no tool box. He can have some games where he is dominate. He just has way too many games where he throws out a stupid challenge and gives away a penalty or picks up cards for no reason.
    I'll take him if we mainly use him as a corner kick shit disturber substitute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is jaw dropping. This post should be memorialized somehow, we are going to want to refer back to this for a long time.

I really wish MLSE had done a better job diagnosing what went wrong here. Curtis was a symptom, not a cause.
    Indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha. If being an insider is just me searching "Toronto FC" on Twitter while waking up in the morning, consider me the Nova Scotian Woj.
    If you add transfermarkt to that search each day, you could be our GM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    so if dwyer is gone, ayo out until june/july...the only striker TFC currently have is perruzza.

need to get moving!
    They also currently have the player who scored the MLS Cup winning goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Databases are part of every job. I am sure TFC are on this site and many others hundreds of times a day. Of course all MLS Personnel use sites like this to look stuff up.

It is about how Manning said he was using the data. Scrubbing databases isn’t a serious person's expectation of how “idea generation” should work for major investment decisions of this kind.

(OK done for now on this, for real. Except to point out that now we know how we wound up with Soteldo, a player whose style very clearly conflicted with Poz, as many on here talked about from day one. But hey, he was a top player, people seem to like him, we had the money, and he was on the transfermarkt list we did…)
    Manning will be gone in a year. He can say “I created a five year plan, brought in a leading manger and the best player in MLS history together with XYZ “ and leave on a powerful positive note. This is fantastic and kudos to him but when I see David Moyes, Jose Morinho or Antonio Conte cite transfermarkt I’ll accept that it was professional. Until then it was a big time clanger - makes TFC sound amateur. But it’s a great day so like Ensco I won’t say any more.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-08-2022 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-by-volunteers
    One example is the former Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu, who cited Transfermarkt to justify the €72m transfer price of the Brazilian player Arthur Melo in June. Uefa used Transfermarkt data in a 2016 report and it is also used by scouting departments at clubs all over the world.
    https://www.football.london/premier-...tball-21956019
    Typical thing is, you know, you're going to UEFA Conference League qualification round one and playing against some club from a country you have never scouted in before. Then you typically go to Transfermarkt, have a look at the squad. See what? Who are the players playing the most minutes? Who? Who are the ones with the higher market boss, which could be worth taking a look at when it comes to opponent scouting? So I think the very first look. It's one that goes quite often on Transfermarkt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only in Toronto is this and issue… Jesus it’s not even 24 hours that TFC signed Insigne arguably the most important signing in history and some we are talking about using a data base

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    For those of us who don't regularly watch Serie A
    I did say this last week, but Vic Router is all “In - Sing - YAY”. And I am so looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Links from Brazil are shady at best, but this indicates that Sao Paulo and TFC have an agreement and it is Soteldo who needs to be sold on joining the Brazilian broke boys.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Manning will be gone in a year........

Sorry, but nobody really CARES what people use to find good players as long as they are good.

By any objective criteria, Manning just pulled off one of the top 3 signings in MLS history.

He ain't going anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sorry, but nobody really CARES what people use to find good players as long as they are good.

By any objective criteria, Manning just pulled off one of the top 3 signings in MLS history.

He ain't going anywhere.
    It is utterly brilliant and it’s the signing of the best ever player in MLS history, no question. Really fantastic. So exciting for us as fans.

It’s also why I think Manning will be gone. He will have answered any critics by creating a well executed five year plan building to the World Cup 2026, brought in the best signing ever, a great manager, solved several contractual problems and restored TFC to a position of prominence.

That’s when you move on to a new challenge - peak bargaining power for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best player in mls history...top 3 signing in mls history...hasnt played a single game yet...execute and then you can get and give those titles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Links from Brazil are shady at best, but this indicates that Sao Paulo and TFC have an agreement and it is Soteldo who needs to be sold on joining the Brazilian broke boys.
    Guess he's worried about not having a guaranteed paycheque if the team gets into financial issues. Can't blame him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    It is utterly brilliant and it’s the signing of the best ever player in MLS history, no question. Really fantastic. So exciting for us as fans.

It’s also why I think Manning will be gone. He will have answered any critics by creating a well executed five year plan building to the World Cup 2026, brought in the best signing ever, a great manager, solved several contractual problems and restored TFC to a position of prominence.

That’s when you move on to a new challenge - peak bargaining power for him.
    His challenge is spreading his wings further under the MLSE umbrella like Masai. No other MLS job will have that possible staircase upward and outward.