Page 9 of 191 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have literally never had a ball delivered on a FK like the one Eustaquio delivered to Larin last night. Not once.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, until this year I can't even remember when we crossed the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Soteldo has been posting some weird cryptic stuff on Instagram and TFC seems like they are operating with the idea of having an open DP spot.
    Weird cryptic stuff like what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We have literally never had a ball delivered on a FK like the one Eustaquio delivered to Larin last night. Not once.
    Even if we did most of our current players just stand around static and don't makes runs in the box so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Weird cryptic stuff like what?
    It could be stuff lost via Google translate but the general idea is that it is okay to go back to where you belong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incredible player and hugely underrated, deserving of a bigger club, and even goes slightly under the radar at the nats level. If not for his contribution, I doubt we’d be in a position to qualify right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I heard somethings over the weekend that I want share about our club:

Curtis and especially Manning aren’t going anywhere
    Bob Bradley is pretty much a done deal…. Just waiting to announce it
    Insigne got offered stupid money… insane money for an mls team to offer. The issue is we want him at the end of his contract and he wants to come after the World Cup for obvious reasons
    Destro and Cristicio from Genoa are signed, they were here the last international break to tour the facilities
    the dressing room is a mess.. very fractured and dysfunctional. New players and the old guard are both part of the problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. But we did have Seba - Jozy 2016 “don’t change the play “

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Maybe. But we did have Seba - Jozy 2016 “don’t change the play “
    Yeah true. Seba had that and he and Vazquez must have had one or two others. But man, it seems rare....
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

Insigne got offered stupid money… insane money for an mls team to offer. The issue is we want him at the end of his contract and he wants to come after the World Cup for obvious reasons
    Destro and Cristicio from Genoa are signed, they were here the last international break to tour the facilities
    the dressing room is a mess.. very fractured and dysfunctional. New players and the old guard are both part of the problems
    Interesting. I guess the first test of your source will be Bob Bradley.

Not entirely sure the Board of MLSE is particularly competent. So not a total surprise if Manning stays, dispute inheriting a team on the up and riding it all the way to the bottom. You would think they noticed the Curtis / Chris Armas debacle. And the defence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are not changing manning, then it's his call re Curtis. Seems natural to me.

I have always thought the right conversation is about Manning.

Re this source - it could be a good one, but no one will know if Manning is going until it happens. Moves like that are thunderbolts from out of the blue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The general fan base ain't gonna care if Curtis is gone, or Manning.

The twitterverse & the more knowledgeable will be wondering what it takes.

The bigger issues for most people will be the players brought in - Bradley doesn't sell tickets.

What the heck do we want with a 34 year old LB?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 11-17-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Interesting. I guess the first test of your source will be Bob Bradley.

Not entirely sure the Board of MLSE is particularly competent. So not a total surprise if Manning stays, dispute inheriting a team on the up and riding it all the way to the bottom. You would think they noticed the Curtis / Chris Armas debacle. And the defence.
    Manning & Curtis aren’t going anywhere. GMs don’t get fired that easily. We were second in the league last year and MLS Cup runners up the year before.

Armas was a disaster but they will get a chance to fix it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sad if true.

A 30 and 34 year old from Italy, after all our injury problems?

"Fractured dressing room" -- to me Bob Bradley doesn't seem like the type who would be the best at dealing with that. Much would depend on which players leave, and the related dynamics. Part of my concern about Bob Bradley would be that it likely leaves Michael in an elevated role. He's been an incredible servant to the club in the past. But a necessary part of turning over a new leaf would be having somebody else move into that elevated role.

Everything sounds like lipstick on a pig to me. Argh.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 11-17-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito kind of makes sense if he is coming in on a cheap contract. He has been mostly a CB recently and is heads and shoulders above anyone else we have even at (soon to be) 35. He is Genoa's captain and has a contract until 2023. Destro has 6 goals in 8 Serie A games. Can't say I know a ton about the guy, but his contract is up in June.
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 11-17-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito kind of makes sense if he is coming in on a cheap contract. He has been mostly a CB recently and is heads and shoulders above anyone else we have even at (soon to be) 35. He is Genoa's captain and has a contract until 2023. Destro has 6 goals in 8 Serie A games. Can't say I know a ton about the guy, but his contract is up in June.
    I suspect there's zero chance with roster limits what they are that we're signing two veteran Italian players in their thirties. This league has never had any problem finding talented defensive players domestically or from smaller, cheaper, closer countries than Italy. This smells like bullshit to an nth degree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I suspect there's zero chance with roster limits what they are that we're signing two veteran Italian players in their thirties. This league has never had any problem finding talented defensive players domestically or from smaller, cheaper, closer countries than Italy. This smells like bullshit to an nth degree.
    Good chance he just overheard Rollins running around trying to convince people he knows stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good chance he just overheard Rollins running around trying to convince people he knows stuff.
    it’s not Rollins and I trust this person as everything I have been told has been right up to now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it’s not Rollins and I trust this person as everything I have been told has been right up to now
    Hopefully your guy is right. It would be nice to have just one person in TFC world with any kind of sources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very interesting and specific information. And a bit out of leftfield since we haven't heard those two names anywhere. It will be interesting to see if it happens.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modified the thread name to include "coach" as that is legitimately as much a part of the discussion this year as the players.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Modified the thread name to include "coach" as that is legitimately as much a part of the discussion this year as the players.
    With that in mind, the Fire have hired Ezra Hendrickson to be their next coach. Some thought Bob Bradley might of been in line for that job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah true. Seba had that and he and Vazquez must have had one or two others. But man, it seems rare....
    Agreed. That ball from Estaquio was as good as it gets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Manning & Curtis aren’t going anywhere. GMs don’t get fired that easily. We were second in the league last year and MLS Cup runners up the year before.

Armas was a disaster but they will get a chance to fix it.
    I think Manning is going to move to a new job. We will see. If so, Curtis won’t last.

Yes, of course we were in the cup but we were lucky vs Atlanta and overachieved, enabled by the new playoff format. The arc is down and what will matter to the board in addition to that is what they were told by Manning ahead of time - did he identify the right risks etc etc. If he didn’t identify the risk of Seba and VV going, of the defence again, and of Armas failing, he will be in shaky ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Good. It was reading “play off season” before which was unnecessarily disconcerting…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we scored quite a few goals off soteldo set pieces this year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley FC will live forever

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed @ the Athletic that Bradley has left LAFC.

I always thought Michael would leave for LA to be with his dad. Maybe the movement will be in the opposite direction!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can confirm MLSE does not think they are able to fire Ali Curtis. He isn't going anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I can confirm MLSE does not think they are able to fire Ali Curtis. He isn't going anywhere.
    "Able to fire" is a weird choice of words. MLSE fired Babcock when he was the highest paid coach in the league and fired Dwayne Casey after he won coach of the year. If they want to do something they can do it.